Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? (43659 Views)

Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? / South African Man With 4 Wives Who Wants Other Men To Be Polygamous (Pics) / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by pocohantas(f): 12:07am On Jan 09, 2017
What would you do in this situation?
If I were the wife... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 09, 2017
My ancestors

On a serious note, why would my husband be arguing with my father. He doesn't have respect or what?
My father that suffered for me, trained me in school...my dad that watched my infant bed.
I have only one father, I can always get another husband.

In short, my husband would have to apologise to my father whether he is right or wrong... All these husbands of this generation should learn that they can never take the place of one's father.
Shout at my father in front of my husband? Unto what na? I dey craze? Can he shout at his mother in my presence or in my defence?
I will calm my father down jare...

Fathers are precious kiss

You men shouldn't quote me to pour your frustrations, if this was reverse, we would have seen you people in action.
This is simple reverse psychology. I KNOW IT HURTS SO BAD, NO APOLOGIES WHATSOEVER. grin

180 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Tyviv(f): 1:25am On Jan 09, 2017
Will walk away grin

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by engrobidigbo: 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2017
Women get confused when faced with such dilemma because they don't know the power they possess.

The following facts give her a strength when faced with such situation;
1) She's a wife to the man, thus got the keys to his heart
2) She's a daughter to the older man; and we know how men and their daughters get so bonded, sometimes they have stronger bonds with their daughters than their wife; hence, she's also got the key to his heart.

A woman is married into a family to further unite the home and not break it. If she takes any of th options you gave @op, she'll further tear up her relationship with the other person she didn't cling to.

If i were the woman, I'll yell at both my husband and dad and warn them to stop acting like kids. They'll be shell shocked at your reaction. Next, get them both to sit and talk some sense into them. If they refuse to listen and try to turn the table against you like your dad saying "did you just shout at me?"", then use the cry blackmail tool in your software (all women have this wink ). Cry that they don't love you that's why they want to destroy you by fighting and quarrelling. wink

340 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 22, 2017
Simple.

Hubby says "get in the car".

Daddy says "sit down".

I will simply walk away.

15 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 22, 2017
I will look at them and I will say why are both of behaving like kids.. Then I will shake my head and walk away from the house and from the car. I will just take a taxi home.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Titilayooni(f): 5:53pm On Feb 22, 2017
I love both of them,I will simply walk away..

3 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by megareal: 6:41pm On Feb 22, 2017
Leave both of 'em there. Can't be in the middle of such shi**t.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by sisisioge: 6:47pm On Feb 22, 2017
Na whistle I go blow for the two men! Time out guys! Wetin my husband wan chop bellefull dey stand argue with my papa? Na so I dey do with him mama?

But if I must choose here lest someone drops a cartridge in my head...Na to run go wait in the car before my papa bark him order too. After all , na bobo first talk grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Acidosis(m): 9:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
engrobidigbo:
Women get confused when faced with such dilemma because they don't know the power they possess.

2) She's a daughter to the older man; and we know how men and their daughters get so bonded, sometimes they have stronger bonds with their daughters than their wife; hence, she's also got the key to his heart.

A woman is married into a family to further unite the home and not break it. If she takes any of th options you gave @op, she'll further tear up her relationship with the other person she didn't cling to.

If i were the woman, I'll yell at both my husband and dad and warn them to stop acting like kids. They'll be shell shocked at your reaction. Next, get them both to sit and talk some sense into them. If they refuse to listen and try to turn the table against you like your dad saying "did you just shout at me?"", then use the cry blackmail tool in your software (all women have this wink ). Cry that they don't love you that's why they want to destroy you by fighting and quarrelling. wink

sir, please what's the title of the last nollywood movie you watched?

49 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Rukkydelta(f): 7:19am On Feb 23, 2017
Sit down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by ifyalways(f): 8:15am On Feb 23, 2017
Women are children, incapable of taking their own decisions and need to be controlled by men. . . Nld 2017, volume 5.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by gram: 8:18am On Feb 23, 2017
Tell both of them to get in the car and sit down.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by engrobidigbo: 8:50am On Feb 23, 2017
Acidosis:

sir, please what's the title of the last nollywood movie you watched?

I don't watch movies.... I don't have the time to waste watching my fellow human being acting up on a wide screen. wink

2 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by MsFaith: 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
engrobidigbo:

grin
engrobidigbo:

but I don't know how to cry
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
I will shout at hubby for even thinking he could shout at my papa angry

*Then call him big daddy when we get home* grin

17 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by engrobidigbo: 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
MsFaith:

grin
but I don't know how to cry

PM me lemme teach you the technique wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by chikk(f): 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
What happens to option C and even D self?

First off, as an adult, I don't think any of them should order me about. I'm not a puppet.

Option C: STAND. Yeah right, that also works. Stand and listen to find out who's right then obey that person. Both of them are important and ought to be respected but you don't expect me to sheepishly obey you.

Option D: WALK AWAY. The crazy part of me will just walk away jeje, not because I'm torn between them and don't know who to obey, but because I don't just want to obey such orders jor.

But if it actually boils down to choosing, I will obey my husband because at the end of the day, I'm bound to him and my father is a third party between us.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by taryour(f): 5:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
engrobidigbo:

EPIC!!! a zillion likes for this post.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by ChappyChase: 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
If she dears sit down, then let her be rest assured that she will continue to sit in her father's house cause am so done with the marriage

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Kobicove(m): 6:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
The lady has already been 'sold' and 'bought'...

She had better get in the car with her husband if she knows what's good for her undecided

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
My husband, of course.

Sheybi popcee don see me off to his house. sad

14 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Xcelinteriors(f): 6:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
My loving and precious dad. Husband that will go out and sleep with other women, screw husband and he dare not argue with my dad sef shey he dey mad ni?

11 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by TSingerr(m): 6:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
engrobidigbo:

All this story to answer one simple question...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by darkenkach(m): 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
I will go into the bedroom and sleep..
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by JuanJO(m): 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
my girlfriend will just GET INSIDE THE CAR and SIT DOWN...

3 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
My husband cause technically he is my king but I will call my dad as soon as we get home

We became one when we were joined so I have to show loyalty to the bond

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by AngelicBeing: 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
cool
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by babyfaceafrica: 6:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
Looz..Africa magic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aderonke Sikirat Anifowose Missing After Observing Juma'at In Ikorodu Lagos / My Little Sister Is Misbehaving / Husband Leaves Wife For Their Maid After 10 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.