Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience (17275 Views)

Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by thorpido(m): 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
Incrizz:
I only tried to listen to Hinn once, i immediately knew there was something wrong. I later got to hear he was Oyakhilome's mentor and I went "aha".
Scripture says, "They will secretly introduce destructive heresies" 2Peter 2:1
Most of the whole of their messages are true but this is strategic; so that when they introduce the heresies, you will hardly know except by your Spirit led knowledge of The Word!
The Scripture concerning seven women holding unto one man in the end time to say let us just bear your name, is not about man and women but Christ and the church!
Churches will only desire and bear the name of Christ, use the name of Christ becase they know people love the Bearer of the name BUT they, these Churches, would want nothing to do with the Bearer of the name, Christ Jesus Himself.

When you go to these Churches, there is no Christ or His presence there, only hypnotises and slavery!

Whenever your Pastor teaches you anything that feels strange, weigh it with The Holy Spirit and The Word of God and pick God's over all, ALL THE TIME.

If you donot have the Holy Spirit of God as well as study your Bible, I pity you with a lot of compassion.
Don't believe everything you hear especially as a Christian.Wigglesworth,some other man I can't remember and Arch Ben Idahosa were pastor Chris' mentors.

1 Like

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by brainbox2014(m): 4:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
zzzzy:
Reminds me of this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl4WevY-GPU

Remember the story of the widow that wanted to prepare her last meal and wait for death along with her son? She met Elijah and the first thing the prophet requested for was that meal. If such a thing happened in our age, Elijah would have been bashed on a thread on Nairaland. If she had refused to give Elijah that meal, she would have missed the blessing that followed. This is not to justify Benny but you need to understand that there are principles that govern the universe. One of them is giving. I don't know what miracle you were looking for but some breakthroughs may never sping forth if you don't learn to sow. Even Paul exclaimed '...is it too much if I reap materially as I sow in you spiritually?' when referring to some greedy Christians.

1 Like

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by livebullet(m): 4:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
Even your claim of sola scriptural is fundamentally a flaw....the new testament is a subset of tradition(i.e it is the written part of the apostles ways of life) which does not exclusively deny the validity of the church's tradition. The bible was borne out of the early christains life....afterall no book was written when Jesus was alife. Twas only years after his death that people started writing. Any way even the RCCG u attend has Benny as a mentor. PENTECOSTANISM IS DRIVEN BY A GOLD RUSH. Its only a movement that reached its height in the 20th century, thanks to Africa were people are used to being slaves... u havent eaten yet you wanna give all ur earnings to a church that is not socially responsible....your millions will build them schools (businesses) that your kids cannot afford. They tell you about wealth as if its a criteria for heaven.

1 Like

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by daftpikin: 4:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
TheSixthSense:

You're right. It is certainly reads wrongly packaged and I should have looked at the overall motive. I'm a terrible liar if I say I haven't had a rethink about my recent posts.

It helped me greatly too. It just that I see a different person from the one that wrote the book. But all the same a misguided post.

I should know better. Who can understand the ways of God. He would use a stone if he wanted to.

I find it creepy for someone to go to the grave of a dead person. It's why we disagree with the catholics and white garments.

I was not being emotional, I believe it was a dishonest prayer and desire for any christian to have and thought of it as covetous of the sinner's wealth/money, which is a violation of God's commandment. But you may be right, the message might have been for someone else. I only shared my experience.

I still strongly disagree with the seed(money) faith principles of the word of faith churches. My post only wrongly expresses it.

I will but I hope the others that quote me would as well.

I have gone before the Lord and repenting. I apologise for any discord sown. It was never my intention to bring disunity, I only encourage people to read their bibles and I believe it is okay to disagree with anything that has no biblical basis in church. God bless you richly for your wise counsel

Thank God for your heart sir

2 Likes

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by Incrizz(f): 4:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
majekdom2:
what happened to praying for them?
Thanks corrected.
I was just trying to express how I feel about it, not what I do about it though. But I thank God, God is a perfect Shepherd.

1 Like

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by Incrizz(f): 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
thorpido:
Don't believe everything you hear especially as a Christian.Wigglesworth,some other man I can't remember and Arch Ben Idahosa were pastor Chris' mentors.
The evidences are just too strong.
He moves like him, operates like him, wears a lot of white like him, heresies here and there etc etc

Go to Youtube, watch any of Benny Hinn's healing service, possibly wearing white. It would feel like you are watching Oyakhilome. They are so alike! (Not facially).

~oh please donot quote me asking if Pastor Chris and Hinn are the only ones who wear white *rolls eyes*
Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by cecegorz(m): 5:00pm On Sep 25, 2016
TheSixthSense:
'For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and produce great signs and omens, to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. Take note, I have told you beforehand...' (Matt 24:24-25)

One of the first books I got, after the Lord's gracious salvation of my life, was the bestseller 'Good Morning Holy Spirit' by Benny Hinn. A great read at the time, I was fascinated by his knowledge about things of the Spirit and God and his path to experiencing the Holy Spirit even to conversational relations. I watched his sermons, I ignored comments about him being a heretic. I thought why people so judgemental especially christians, what is he possibly doing wrong? He preaches Jesus and the Holy Spirit and he even talks about casting out demons in Jesus name. He explains angels and God's relationship with them as though he had some divine revelation from the Holy Spirit Himself. I liked his book and certainly respected him as a preacher and a 'man of God.'

Then came a time when he came around to my city at a RCCG parish. I determined to go see him, even if it meant forfeiting my church service for his scheduled miraculous service. I had been praying for a miracle so I thought my moment had finally arrived. So, I went. Praise and worship was fantastic and colourful, way more appealing to the congregation than that of my church. Service carried on until Benny arrived, celebrated as he was ushered in then he began his sermon with 'whoow I feel the anointing' He went on to talk about the crucifixion of Jesus Christ taking us through the torturous ordeal of the cross along with the more than occasional sedating musical tune from his music crew.

'Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows...But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; And by His stripes we are healed (Isa 53:4-6) echoed through the speakers. Then, people gradually started coming out to give testimonies of their healing. 'My back pain for several months gone' 'My ankle pain gone' 'My arthritis gone' ...'My wrist pain gone' almost every healing seemed to be about pain. All the while, right in front of me was a row of people sat on wheelchairs, expectant for their healing. In fact, I'm sure almost everyone in the service required some sort of miraculous intervention. I thought maybe God hasn't remembered me or maybe I didn't have enough faith to receive my healing. I thanked God anyway for the service and the others.

Then came the moment that shook me. They had earlier passed envelopes with forms for credit card debit information for giving. So, Benny went ahead beseeching us to say and proclaim 'The wealth of the sinner must come to me.' (I thought what a dishonest desire to proclaim. What's my own with the sinner's money). He said Kenneth Copeland gave him a prophetic declaration at the beginning of the year that any covenant sowing with him would be exceedingly fruitful. He went ahead to give us a rundown of how Abraham, Isaac, Moses, Joshua and all sowed in obedience and they reaped exceedingly. He gave examples of how someone's financial debt was cleared from obedience and on with a couple of other examples. Then, he went personal. He asked a woman, 'how much do you pay monthly for your mortgage?' she said about a thousand then he said 'the Lord wants you to give a month's worth and watch what the Lord will do.'

As he continued, I noticed for the first time in my christian life that I completely switched off, very unusual but I could feel it - Quenching of the Spirit, maybe - But I silently prayed 'Lord, you know my heart, it is not even because of money that I am here and I really don't understand this money thing' Then it hit me, it is one Spirit, if God will heal me He will do it wherever I am through the His Spirit that is within. I don't even have to attend another church. So, I left quite confused but with the empty envelope. I was tempted to try sowing with a little but I waited and just prayed about it.

But, thank God for that experience because it made me to stop reading his book and any other I had planned and went directly to the bible and occasionally articles from John Piper's desiringgod.org and I noticed the world of difference between spirit-edifying bible-based teaching and what the 'prosperity word-of-faith hypergrace' people preach.

So, what is the false gospel of Benny Hinn?
There are so many articles about Benny Hinn. From asking for Katherine Kuhlman's anointing at her grave to unbiblical revelations about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I had thought maybe Benny Hinn changed or lost it along the way because anyone who would encourage his church to read the whole bible couldn't be so bad right? His book talked about the lost emphasis on holiness by the church even then and it's not all garbage. There is rather some things to learn from his book.

But as I continue to read the bible, I discover that these deceptive practices contradict the life and teaching of Jesus Christ and His apostles and it is in fact, another gospel and definitely not of our Lord Jesus Christ. The money-loving lifestyles of Benny Hinn and his friends do not conform with the standards of 1 Tim 3:3 and Tit 1:7.

This teaching was made popular by the freemason Oral Roberts and it has invaded Africa to the point where people associate the gospel and Jesus Christ to these men of the occult. The history of the movement is quite interesting and relatively recent.

On a light note, here's a conversation about private jets by gods of men:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdH2DGSXjss

Another thing, Benny Hinn's miraculous 'slain in the spirit' and 'drunk in spirit' is similar to kundilani yoga spirits that give ecstatic feelings to the possessed. It's worse with Bill Johnson and his Bethel Church version of holy spirit. I have come to notice that the cliche 'birds of a feather flock together' cannot be any truer. These guys visit Nigeria and mingle with their allies in the deception of God's people. For the nigerian pastors, I give a benefit of doubt that some are actually sincere in propagating deceptive doctrines.

Imagine if Bill Gates, Zuckerberg and the rich others were to attend these churches, what would they preach? to sow seeds? for what then? how to make money? Or talk about pastor's money story?

The gospel of Jesus Christ is for everyone, the rich, poor, broken, healed, sick and well. It is about the finished work of salvation for victory over sin and death provided for in the blood of atonement. The message is simple and truth and it has continued to transform lives from the days of the apostles. There is power in salvation and it is usually a testimony.

The bible says those who reject and do not love the truth to be saved, God would give them a delusion so that they would believe a lie so that they would be condemned. (2 Thes 2:9-12).

What then is the truth?
'Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth...And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth[/b] (John 17:17,19)

Someone said let's not limit God. True, but I'd rather limit God to His Word that would never pass away than not limit Him to His Bible than be exposed to demonic practices and doctrines in the name of pastor, prophetic revelation and signs and wonders of men and worse believing another gospel.

The truth is the Word of God. The Bible is sufficient. Sola Scriptura. Be like the Bereans who searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. (Acts 17:11) To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them (Isa 8:20)

Get Saved and Get Sanctified with the Word!!!

One question brother- If you were healed along the many others, as you eagerly anticipated in that meeting, would you have still the same perception about Pastor Benn?

2 Likes

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by Incrizz(f): 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
TheSixthSense:

You're right. It is certainly reads wrongly packaged and I should have looked at the overall motive. I'm a terrible liar if I say I haven't had a rethink about my recent posts.

It helped me greatly too. It just that I see a different person from the one that wrote the book. But all the same a misguided post.

I should know better. Who can understand the ways of God. He would use a stone if he wanted to.

I find it creepy for someone to go to the grave of a dead person. It's why we disagree with the catholics and white garments.

I was not being emotional, I believe it was a dishonest prayer and desire for any christian to have and thought of it as covetous of the sinner's wealth/money, which is a violation of God's commandment. But you may be right, the message might have been for someone else. I only shared my experience.

I still strongly disagree with the seed(money) faith principles of the word of faith churches. My post only wrongly expresses it.

I have gone before the Lord and repenting. I apologise for any discord sown. It was never my intention to bring disunity, I only encourage people to read their bibles and I believe it is okay to disagree with anything that has no biblical basis in church. God bless you richly for your wise counsel
Ahahaha this post of yours, it's so funny. 'Made me laugh so hard.
Do you know eactly how it made me feel?
Like you are someone who has just managed to extricate himself from something but just got clawed right back in!
shocked cheesy

*The Oyakhilome that started is not the Oyakhilome of now. The Benny Hinn of Good morning Holy Spirit you read is not the same one now!
Tomorrow they may be different yet again if they follow after The True Master who died for them, shedding His blood, Jesus Christ!
Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by thorpido(m): 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
Incrizz:

The evidences are just too strong.
He moves like him, operates like him, wears a lot of white like him, heresies here and there etc etc

~oh please donot quote me asking if Pastor Chris and Hinn are the only ones who wear white *rolls eyes*
*rolls eyes too* smiley
He could use some of his styles(everyone borrows from somewhere) but he surely wasn't pastor Chris' mentor.
I listen to pastor Chris' messages sometimes and I know the names of those who influenced him.
Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by macjireh: 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2016
so OP tell me now, are u building with Jesus or scattering his Church.... u think Jesus is proud and very happy with ur post now right? who gave u d right to judge for Jesus... ds ur post can take u to hell, be very careful... I leave u with d scriptures below

Matthew 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.( OP don't scatter d Church with ur satanic post)
John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the SonsadOP leave d judgement to Jesus alone)

Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.(OP don't judge d servant of Jesus, its not ur business, OK).

TheSixthSense:
'For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and produce great signs and omens, to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. Take note, I have told you beforehand...' (Matt 24:24-25)

One of the first books I got, after the Lord's gracious salvation of my life, was the bestseller 'Good Morning Holy Spirit' by Benny Hinn. A great read at the time, I was fascinated by his knowledge about things of the Spirit and God and his path to experiencing the Holy Spirit even to conversational relations. I watched his sermons, I ignored comments about him being a heretic. I thought why people so judgemental especially christians, what is he possibly doing wrong? He preaches Jesus and the Holy Spirit and he even talks about casting out demons in Jesus name. He explains angels and God's relationship with them as though he had some divine revelation from the Holy Spirit Himself. I liked his book and certainly respected him as a preacher and a 'man of God.'

Then came a time when he came around to my city at a RCCG parish. I determined to go see him, even if it meant forfeiting my church service for his scheduled miraculous service. I had been praying for a miracle so I thought my moment had finally arrived. So, I went. Praise and worship was fantastic and colourful, way more appealing to the congregation than that of my church. Service carried on until Benny arrived, celebrated as he was ushered in then he began his sermon with 'whoow I feel the anointing' He went on to talk about the crucifixion of Jesus Christ taking us through the torturous ordeal of the cross along with the more than occasional sedating musical tune from his music crew.

'Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows...But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; And by His stripes we are healed (Isa 53:4-6) echoed through the speakers. Then, people gradually started coming out to give testimonies of their healing. 'My back pain for several months gone' 'My ankle pain gone' 'My arthritis gone' ...'My wrist pain gone' almost every healing seemed to be about pain. All the while, right in front of me was a row of people sat on wheelchairs, expectant for their healing. In fact, I'm sure almost everyone in the service required some sort of miraculous intervention. I thought maybe God hasn't remembered me or maybe I didn't have enough faith to receive my healing. I thanked God anyway for the service and the others.

Then came the moment that shook me. They had earlier passed envelopes with forms for credit card debit information for giving. So, Benny went ahead beseeching us to say and proclaim 'The wealth of the sinner must come to me.' (I thought what a dishonest desire to proclaim. What's my own with the sinner's money). He said Kenneth Copeland gave him a prophetic declaration at the beginning of the year that any covenant sowing with him would be exceedingly fruitful. He went ahead to give us a rundown of how Abraham, Isaac, Moses, Joshua and all sowed in obedience and they reaped exceedingly. He gave examples of how someone's financial debt was cleared from obedience and on with a couple of other examples. Then, he went personal. He asked a woman, 'how much do you pay monthly for your mortgage?' she said about a thousand then he said 'the Lord wants you to give a month's worth and watch what the Lord will do.'

As he continued, I noticed for the first time in my christian life that I completely switched off, very unusual but I could feel it - Quenching of the Spirit, maybe - But I silently prayed 'Lord, you know my heart, it is not even because of money that I am here and I really don't understand this money thing' Then it hit me, it is one Spirit, if God will heal me He will do it wherever I am through the His Spirit that is within. I don't even have to attend another church. So, I left quite confused but with the empty envelope. I was tempted to try sowing with a little but I waited and just prayed about it.

But, thank God for that experience because it made me to stop reading his book and any other I had planned and went directly to the bible and occasionally articles from John Piper's desiringgod.org and I noticed the world of difference between spirit-edifying bible-based teaching and what the 'prosperity word-of-faith hypergrace' people preach.

There are so many articles about Benny Hinn. From asking for Katherine Kuhlman's anointing at her grave to unbiblical revelations about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I had thought maybe Benny Hinn changed or lost it along the way because anyone who would encourage his church to read the whole bible couldn't be so bad right? His book talked about the lost emphasis on holiness by the church even then and it's not all garbage. There is rather some things to learn from his book.

But as I continue to read the bible, I discover that these deceptive practices contradict the life and teaching of Jesus Christ and His apostles and it is in fact, another gospel and definitely not of our Lord Jesus Christ. The money-loving lifestyles of Benny Hinn and his friends do not conform with the standards of 1 Tim 3:3 and Tit 1:7.

This teaching was made popular by the freemason Oral Roberts and it has invaded Africa to the point where people associate the gospel and Jesus Christ to these men of the occult. The history of the movement is quite interesting and relatively recent.

Another thing, Benny Hinn's miraculous 'slain in the spirit' and 'drunk in spirit' is similar to kundilani yoga spirits that give ecstatic feelings to the possessed. It's worse with Bill Johnson and his Bethel Church version of holy spirit. I have come to notice that the cliche 'birds of a feather flock together' cannot be any truer. These guys visit Nigeria and mingle with their allies in the deception of God's people. For the nigerian pastors, I give a benefit of doubt that some are actually sincere in propagating deceptive doctrines.

Imagine if Bill Gates, Zuckerberg and the rich others were to attend these churches, what would they preach? to sow seeds? for what then? how to make money? Or talk about pastor's money story?

The gospel of Jesus Christ is for everyone, the rich, poor, broken, healed, sick and well. It is about the finished work of salvation for victory over sin and death provided for in the blood of atonement. The message is simple and truth and it has continued to transform lives from the days of the apostles. There is power in salvation and it is usually a testimony.

The bible says those who reject and do not love the truth to be saved, God would give them a delusion so that they would believe a lie so that they would be condemned. (2 Thes 2:9-12).

What then is the truth?
'Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth...And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth[/b] (John 17:17,19)

Someone said let's not limit God. True, but I'd rather limit God to His Word that would never pass away than not limit Him to His Bible than be exposed to demonic practices and doctrines in the name of pastor, prophetic revelation and signs and wonders of men and worse believing another gospel.

The truth is the Word of God. The Bible is sufficient. Sola Scriptura. Be like the Bereans who searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. (Acts 17:11) To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them (Isa 8:20)

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by whitestar01(m): 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
TheSixthSense:

What then is the truth?

You are still a confused baby Christian, but may God have mercy on you
Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by macjireh: 6:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
CAN D MODs CLOSE DOWN DS THREAD NOW,,, D OP HAS SEEN HIS FOOLISHNESS AND HAS REPENTED... PLS REMOVE FROM FRONT PAGE...THANKS
Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by mencer(m): 7:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
How Do you serve a god without any sacrifice and expect the god to bless you with riches.?

Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by mrphysics(m): 7:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
majekdom2:
@ first bolded, you are not Christ, so you can't know what he would have done. We pray earnestly to be like him. If the bible did not record the story of the prostitute that was brought to Christ, I am sure you may have concluded that Christ would rebuke her. @ second bolded, I dont need to have done what I asked him to. As a constructive critic that he wishes to be, he needed not to cite just an example, that was my point. There are no particular cases today that will be exactly as what was recorded in the scriptures. We draw our inferences from the bible.
@first bolded, am sure you don't mean it, perhaps you don't know what the bible is for, it's for rebuke, reproof, for correction that the man of God may be perfect.

@second bolded, maybe you don't understand somethings in the bible. this case is entirely different, using your message to send people to hell or to defraud people should be rejected and opposed by every means.

Jude 3: "Beloved, although I made every effort to write you about the salvation we share, I felt it necessary to write and urge you to contend earnestly for the faith entrusted once for all to the saints. 4For certain men have crept in among you unnoticed — ungodly ones who were designated long ago for condemnation. They turn the grace of our God into a license for immorality, and they deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
This guy doesn't know what he's saying.
Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by Incrizz(f): 7:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
thorpido:
*rolls eyes too* smiley
He could use some of his styles(everyone borrows from somewhere) but he surely wasn't pastor Chris' mentor.
I listen to pastor Chris' messages sometimes and I know the names of those who influenced him.
Awww...okay. Please add Benny Hinn to that listsad
Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by thorpido(m): 7:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
Incrizz:

Awww...okay. Please add Benny Hinn to that listsad
If you say so. smiley
Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
mrphysics:

@first bolded, am sure you don't mean it, perhaps you don't know what the bible is for, it's for rebuke, reproof, for correction that the man of God may be perfect.

@second bolded, maybe you don't understand somethings in the bible. this case is entirely different, using your message to send people to hell or to defraud people should be rejected and opposed by every means.

Jude 3: "Beloved, although I made every effort to write you about the salvation we share, I felt it necessary to write and urge you to contend earnestly for the faith entrusted once for all to the saints. 4For certain men have crept in among you unnoticed — ungodly ones who were designated long ago for condemnation. They turn the grace of our God into a license for immorality, and they deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.
you are the one who needs to understand. I asked again does Benny hinn and the men you are talking only ask for money in all their messages? What is the immorality in the messages? Please stop quoting if you don't really understand my point as I can see we have different opinion about the bible, I study my bible not because I want to rebuke, reproof and correct a man of God, I study it because I want to know God more. Immorality is sin , giving is never a sin. You are the one that as termed it as fraud. You don't have to force your own beliefs on people. Have a wonderful Night.
Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by seribroo56(m): 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
TheSixthSense:

I Thank God for your life, He will cause you to grow in Him mightily IJN

1 Like

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by kingui(m): 8:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
is it because he is coming to Nigeria that you have started to bring up false story. my friend go and sit down if you don't have work
Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by Incrizz(f): 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
thorpido:
If you say so. smiley
Hey isn't that my location? shocked
Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by thorpido(m): 10:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
Incrizz:

Hey isn't that my location? shocked
angry
Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by Tellemall: 10:42pm On Sep 25, 2016
Simple: Test the spirits!

The closer you are the less you see.

Emphasis on wealth is simply a wordly desire buttered up with religious back up.

These same devout men of God do not want to be taxed or audited by the government. Why must they hide their obscene money? They talk about giving and blessings of God upon their lives, but it's their members money they have used to live their prayers of wealth.

The workman is worthy of his wages. grin

The sooner people learn to read their Bibles for themselves and stop looking for miracles, the better.

But TheSixthSense, Oral Roberts a Freemason? Conspiracy theory. Now, if you said seun was one, that would be more believable.

1 Like

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by Tellemall: 11:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
4everGod:
@Thesixthsense for the first time in a while I will disagree with you even though I agree with certain portions of your writeup but the whole message is wrongly packaged and would rather create chaos in the body and not light.

Peronally thr book " Goodmorning Holy Spirit" helped me in my early Christian days but I learnt early to balance everything using Scriptures from the Bible so I filtered every book using the Bible.

I had to understand the value of thr Holy spirit before I sought for Him and received the baptism of the Holy ghost and the gifts of word of knowledge, gift of faith and working of miracles.

What your message should have focused on is on motive! Why do we do what we do? Why do we seek what we seek? There are many true believers under the tutelage of Benny Hinn and many who have come from Oral Roberts...People like the Late Benson Idahosa who I came from are examples.

Benny Hinn seeking the anointing on Kathryn could have been based on desire and belief that if Same could happen between Elijah and Elisha then he could get same.

Some people are redical with desire but how you would know they are on track are by their fruits or via discernment. Your switching off moment has happened a lot to me as well but I do not let that give me an "I am better than you" attitude or an "I am holier than you" attitude. I rather channel my strenght towards praying for them even more and not bashing them.

Not everything about a mans walk with God is open for us to see but his manifestations are and yes sometimes God can demand a seed for a harvest and the Holy spirit can witness same to many others listening and they would jump on it but if you switched off at that point how are you sure u were not being either emotional or the seed time was not for you at that time?

Surely you have sown in other places...surely you have given to the needy....Sowing for a believer is not to be seen as sowing but as giving. ..God is not a gambler.

its not too late to take down the thread. The whole essence of our message is Love and not division and further divisions. All you have written here has been captured by Paul in much of his books in the bible so let those with the spirit of the berean Christians read it and allow the Holy Spirit to open their eyes to the truth.

This platform is a mixed multitude platform and the owner being an atheist has quickly pushed this to front page and I believe that it may be a ploy to further say .."I was right..the church is messed up" and you are encouraging it.

Let us all be mindful of our moderation brother.

God bless you.

Sentimental.

You came from Mr Idahosa and so that means that what TheSixthSense posted is inexcusable?

He never said people don't get drunk on the holy spirit. He pointed out what he observed, a common observation by the way, when he went to a big Christian orgs programme.

We are to pay tithes and offerings. It is a promise. Agreed. But, How much seeds are needed to move a ministry? These people hardly travel the world, or they would be in your country more often than not. But they need jets and have money enough to find themselves on the lists compiled by financial watchers. Some even indulge in plastic surgery, etc. And they do this from offerings and tithes.

It would seem rather contradictory when one attends such a programme and sees something strange going on. What then is the air they blow all about themselves? What are the theatrics for?

Singing songs that stir emotion is not equivalent to the outpouring of the holy spirit. Listening to messages delivered from somebody with years of psychology on his/her hand isn't a touch to your heart. It requires the true spirit of God. Not sentiment.

You must understand that TSS speaks from an experience shared by many. I don't see why he should be given a guilt trip for speaking the truth. Isn't Christianity all about the truth? He should be allowed to air his views without people trying to clamp down on him. You, for instance.

1 Like

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by Incrizz(f): 11:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
thorpido:
angry
Here I am sitting, looking at your frowning face wondering what to say to it.
Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by mrphysics(m): 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
majekdom2:
you are the one who needs to understand. I asked again does Benny hinn and the men you are talking only ask for money in all their messages? What is the immorality in the messages? Please stop quoting if you don't really understand my point as I can see we have different opinion about the bible, I study my bible not because I want to rebuke, reproof and correct a man of God, I study it because I want to know God more. Immorality is sin , giving is never a sin. You are the one that as termed it as fraud. You don't have to force your own beliefs on people. Have a wonderful Night.

The only reason u have not gotten t right and will always be tossed to and fro. There is more to Christianity beyond what u think perhaps u don't know that salvation is even elementary aspect of Christianity, Faith too.

it's been a nice time, seeing what manner of a Christian you are. If I had known, I wouldn't have spent this time talking about this. take care and I wish you God's speed

1 Like

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by HardMirror(m): 11:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
TheSixthSense:

What then is the truth?

Very concise piece you have here. Unfortunately it is supposed christians that will try to shut you up. People don't see, they don't hear.
Someday you will see even deeper.
It's all organized human manipulation

1 Like

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by HardMirror(m): 11:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
kessel:
Are u kidding me right now?
U ve a good knowledge of the bible but ur knowledge is incomplete thats why u are battling with ds mindset.
Your pastors are not worth flying private jets but u can pay for ur celebrities and presidents to......
Ur mind is certainly under demonic attack.
Canal mindedness. What a pity.
The bait is greed and lust. And there you have it the church

2 Likes

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by HardMirror(m): 11:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
Tellemall:

Sentimental.

You came from Mr Idahosa and so that means that what TheSixthSense posted is inexcusable?

He never said people don't get drunk on the holy spirit. He pointed out what he observed, a common observation by the way, when he went to a big Christian orgs programme.

We are to pay tithes offering. It is an promise. Agreed. But, How much seeds are needed to move a ministry? These people hardly travel the world, or they would be in your country more often than not. But they need jets and have money enough to find themselves in the lists compiled by financial watchers. Some even indulge in plastic surgery, etc. And they do this from offerings and tithes.

It would seem rather contradictory when one attends such a programme and sees something strange going on. What then is the breeze they blow all about? What are the theatrics for?

Singing songs that stir emotion is not equivalent to the outpouring of the holy spirit. Listening to messages delivered from somebody with years of psychology on his/her hand isn't a touch to your heart. It requires the true spirit of God. Not sentiment.

You must understand that TSS speaks from an experience shared by many. I don't see why he should be given a guilt trip for speaking the truth. Isn't Christianity all about the truth? He should be allowed to air his views without people trying to clamp down on him. You, for instance.
You are a wise man. Psychology, psychology, psychology. You understand what is going on
Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by vanvino(m): 12:30am On Sep 26, 2016
Is interesting how some of us becomes a Defence Attorney when a pastor is mention but cant do that for ordinary human Being.. Every sunday morning u will see all the street so busy 4 service. Yet From Monday-saturday no sign of that Sunday Service in our community, except us being pastors Lawyers in social media as if we live inside them. All Lizard lie with their Belle on the ground we cant say which one has stomach ache. I can't Defend any servant of God(though they Don promot themselvs to "Man of God"wink is God duty to Defend his own cus HE sees all. .(1cor 9:11-18) Pual wrote to Corinthian churches when it was like material gift for him want to cause Division in the church: He said as an Apotle, Those who has sown spiritual gift in u, is it a great thing if we reap the carnal(material) things from u? Nevertheless we have not use thise power, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ. And he further stress it: For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!".... Mark that word... Necessity is laid upon me. Can we say the same about our Religious Leaders today? Jesus Christ left us with 11men outside Judas. But look at the impact of this men in our world. Every corner with church yet look at our soiceity. Is it that same Heaven we they go? God is watching

1 Like

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by Freedom4us: 5:12am On Sep 26, 2016
TheSixthSense:

What then is the truth?

my people our overseers are all men of secret societies!

oyedepo, kumuyi, oyakilome, adefarasin, adeboye, ibiyome and of course tb joshua himself

2 Likes

Re: Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience by Schwartz: 7:25am On Sep 26, 2016
Seun:
This thread was created by someone who left Atheism for Christianity and publicly wrote about it. I don't see why people think it's controversial.
angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sites To Download Gospel Songs / The Mayor Of Dorval In Quebec, Canada Responded To The Muslim Community / #EndSARSMemorial: You Own The Future - Pastor Sam Adeyemi Tells Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.