Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Recession: Osinbajo, Governors In Crucial Meeting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: Osinbajo, Governors In Crucial Meeting (11584 Views)

Governors In Aso Rock For Crucial Meeting / Blame Niger Delta Militants For The Recession – Osinbajo / NLC In Crucial Meeting Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Osinbajo, Governors In Crucial Meeting by Dancu(m): 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
Nigerians are waiting, they must bring solutions to this economic problems

1 Like

Re: Recession: Osinbajo, Governors In Crucial Meeting by Maranzano(m): 2:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
There is need for inter-party synergy now to salvage this receding economy. I hope the ruling party will revisit some of their economic policies and reverse some of them if necessary. The supposed gains of sudden implementation of TSA and blanket ban on certain commodities is being overshadowed by the hunger and job losses that characterize our polity now. Let the govt engage the best brains this country can offer to come to our rescue irrespective of party affiliation. States should have medium and long term investment plans to build their IGR instead of the multiple taxation they have embarked upon as an immediate rescue measure. This has strangled the small businesses of their impoverished citizens. I wish them fruitful deliberations.
Re: Recession: Osinbajo, Governors In Crucial Meeting by drnelson: 2:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
[size=18pt]yes they will come and say that the governors have agreed to reduce their salaries by 0.01% in these harsh times.

we need to do away with democrazy because these people are borrowing money to pay their own salaries while our future generations are being mortgaged in to slavery. [/size]
Re: Recession: Osinbajo, Governors In Crucial Meeting by kundam(m): 2:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
Ride on sir..We love you.
Re: Recession: Osinbajo, Governors In Crucial Meeting by MNDY(m): 2:54pm On Sep 22, 2016
4 dis Naija recession mata, make dem do something b4 something do us ooo!
-
Yahaya Bello, are you among them there? Now that you've won your case, your Blueprint for the state is what we are looking forward to! The workers can't wait to get their salaries, the screening is almost over you said as you said its conclusion is what the salary payment will be based on!
-
Unpaid salaries, my people are dying and going through untold and thicker hardship and I don't just know why I kinda slightly believe in this man's promise to take my dear Kogi State to the promise land of development which the state direly needs!
-
As for Nigeria on the whole, the senate after blaming Buhari's economic team of ineptitude, has drawn out the plans to take Nigeria out of the recession! We hope Buhari is "made" to understand the plans and agree with them i.e. if they are efficient plans which I believe they should be!
Re: Recession: Osinbajo, Governors In Crucial Meeting by BUHARImyDOG: 3:23pm On Sep 22, 2016
myners007:
Click Like if u believe the meeting will be another waste of time and resources since no meanngiful result will be achieved and Click Share if u disagree and believe it could end up turning things around for good

Sorry no likes 4 you bro
Re: Recession: Osinbajo, Governors In Crucial Meeting by Bizibi(m): 3:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
omolola15:
Fayose for NEC meeting? Hmmmmmm let's hear what he has to say after the meeting.

The first way to tackle recession is to reduce government spending. From the president to every other arm of government should reduce their spending. Give them half salary if need be. No unnecessary travels or 108 delegates to UN. Reduce the presidential fleet. All those thieves in the house should start being responsible and stop padding our budget.
No amount of meeting can solve our problem if we don't start acting.

Tackle insurgency in the ND and also lots of economic reforms will go a long way in helping us.

We are here already, let's stop talking and start working. No thanks to our corrupt leaders that brought us here. But I believe we will win this.

And all those wishing this country bad should stop. Let's put aside our ethical or religious differences and work towards a better nation. I want a Nigeria where we'll leave in peace.
I still believe in this country and this government.

*just my opinion tjough. I know it's easier said than done.

God bless Nigeria and God bless PMB. God bless me too.
na so una dey talk,why una no call fr unity before...... when all of you were against every move,this government won't do anything, I'm in abj now and I will tell you that a new form of corruption is going on,very coded..
Re: Recession: Osinbajo, Governors In Crucial Meeting by ephi123(f): 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
They keep holding this crucial meeting every week yet nothing to show for it angry
Re: Recession: Osinbajo, Governors In Crucial Meeting by omolola15(m): 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
Bizibi:
na so una dey talk,why una no call fr unity before...... when all of you were against every move,this government won't do anything, I'm in abj now and I will tell you that a new form of corruption is going on,very coded..

And why do you assume I'm among those that didn't call for unity before.
Re: Recession: Osinbajo, Governors In Crucial Meeting by CioAngels(f): 4:27pm On Sep 22, 2016
Crucial meeting to know where the ATM sharing will be coming from. Vp, most of the governors are there with you, tell them to refund all the states monies they have stolen which are Reasons why states citizens are impoverished to starvation to their eventual death. The past governors should return all state monies they have all stolen if they don't want all the deities in the land to Disgrace them. Armed robbers, thats what politicians are.
Re: Recession: Osinbajo, Governors In Crucial Meeting by banio: 4:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
The best solution is to revoke individual ownership of oil blocks. Nigeria should own the oil blocks because they raise direct forex.
Some oil blocks are listed below:

OML 110 OBE given by Sanni Abacha in 1996 to Alhaji Mai Daribe under Cavendish Petroleum had estimated over 500 million barrels of oil. In layman’s language and using average benchmark of $100 dollars per barrel, translates to $50 billion dollars’ worth of oil reserve.  This means that $20billion dollars’ worth of oil in the hands of a family or $170 million dollars’ worth of oil daily.

OPL 246 was awarded to SAPETRO, a company owned by General Theophilus Danjuma, by Sanni Abacha in 1998. Akpo condensate exports about 300,000 barrels of crude daily.

OML 112 and OML 117 were awarded to AMNI International Petroleum Development Company owned by Colonel Sanni Bello in 1999. Sanni Bello is an in-law to Abdulsalami Abubakar, former Head of State of Nigeria.

OML 115, OLDWOK Field and EBOK field was awarded to Alhaji Mohammed Indimi from Niger State. Indimi is an inlaw to former Military President Ibrahim Babangida.

OML 215 is operated by Nor East Petroleum Limited owned by Alhaji Saleh Mohammed Gambo.

OML 108 is operated by Express Petroleum Company Limited is owned by Alhaji Aminu Dantata. Obasanjo , with the help of Andy Uba, awarded OPL 2008  to Tenoil Petroleum & Oil Services owned by Tony Elumelu and Jim Ovia.

OPL 2009 and 2010 were awarded to Global Energy Group owned by Chief Suleiman Onabiyi and Joseph Obiago . That is why a lot of major players in the oil industry owes Obasanjo and Andy Uba a lot.

OML II3 allocated to Yinka Folawiyo Pet Ltd is owned by Alhaji W.I. Folawiyo.  Asuopku/Umuntu ( Egbema marginal oil fields) was awarded to Platform Petroleum in 2003 by Obasanjo.

In 2010 Platform Petroleum (owned by Edmund Daukoru, a Bayelsan Prince and Lulu Briggs among others) and Seplat (owned by Prince Nasiru Ado Bayero, cousin to the Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi) teamed up in landmark partnership to manage the venture.

Intel owned by Atiku, Yar’adua and Ado Bayero has substantial stakes in Nigeria’s oil exploration industry both in Nigeria and Principe and Sao Tome. AMNI owns two oil blocks OML 112 and OML 117 which it runs Afren plc and Vitol has substantial stakes in oil blocks.

OML 112 is estimated to have 130 million barrels of oil valued with the current price of $100 dollars per barrel at S13 billion dollars with 25 year lease.

Afren Plc is operating EBOK oil fields in OML 67. Vitol lifts 300,000 barrels of Nigerian oil daily. Rilwanu Lukman, former OPEC Chairman has stakes in all these named three companies.

OPL 245 was awarded to Malabu Oil & Gas Company by Sanni Abacha. Dan Etete, Abacha’s oil minister owns Malabu Oil. In 2000, Vice President Atiku Abubakar convinced Obasanjo to revoke OPL 245 given to Malabu Oil. This was because Etete had earlier rejected Atiku’s demand for substantial stakes in the high yield and it attracted the venom of Ota Majesty who revoked the licence. However, in 2006, Obasanjo had mercy on Dan Etete and gave him back his oil block worth over $20billion dollars.

OPL 289 and OPL 233 was awarded during Obasanjo era to Peter Odili fronts, Cleanwater Consortium, consisting of Cleanwater Refinery and RivGas Petroleum and Gas Company. Odili’s brother in law, Okey Ezenwa manages the consortium as Vice Chairman.

OPL 286 is managed by Focus Energy in partnership with BG Group, a British oil concern. Andy Uba has stakes in Focus Energy and his modus operandi is such that you can never see his name in any listings yet he controls OPL and OML through proxies.

OPL 291 was awarded to Starcrest Energy Nigeria Limited, owned by Emeka Offor by Obasanjo. Immediately after the award, Starcrest sold the oil block to Addax Petroleum Development Company Limited (ADDAX) Addax paid Sir Emeka Offor a farming fee of $35million dollars and still paid the signature bonus to the government. Emeka Offor still retains stake in ADDAX operations in Nigeria.
Re: Recession: Osinbajo, Governors In Crucial Meeting by Chukazu: 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
endless "crucial" meetings that has brought nothing good

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Can't Vouch For Those Working For Buhari -- Keyamo / Release El-zakzaky, Shehu Sani Advises Buhari / Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.