Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram (13319 Views)

Army Recovers Weapons From Boko Haram After Gun Battle In Maiduguri (Photos) / Lady And Baby In IDP Camp Vs Lady Rescued From Boko Haram In Sambisa Forest / 2 Chibokgirls Who Escaped From Boko Haram Trucks Now US Students (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
Mr Shettima and members of Vigilante Group of Nigeria

The Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima, on Wednesday temporarily moved his office to Bama, a town badly destroyed by the Boko Haram.
The governor did that as part of commencement of the reconstruction of the liberated communities.
Mr. Shettima, who arrived Bama on Wednesday afternoon, said the destroyed city, the third largest in the state, would from Wednesday become the seat of Borno State government till he is done with his supervision of the reconstruction job.
“My office is now here”, Mr. Shettima said. “I decided to relocate here to live here and supervise reconstruction works. I will administer Borno State from here.
Though the governor was not specific about how long he intends to stay in the unsecured community around which Boko Haram attacks were recorded regularly, he indicated that he would not be returning to the state capital in the next few days.
“I am fully prepared to be here for days to come, one week, two weeks or even more.
“I will not leave until we are able to rebuild a good number of private houses, municipal buildings, markets, schools and clinics. I want the reconstruction work to take proper shape before I leave.
“We cannot wait till forever before we reclaim our destiny. Bama is one of the worst affected areas and we will move from here to other parts of the state.

Governor Kashim Shettima in handshake with newly recruited operatives of Vigilante Group of Nigeria in Bama

"While I am here, we have a full structure of Government in place operating in Maiduguri so that activities of managing IDP’S, civil service, implementation of government policies and programmes will continue while I am here. I will be in constant touch with Maiduguri, I came prepared,” Mr. Shettima said.
Justifying the governor’s relocation to Bama, 74 kilometres from the state capital, his spokesperson, Isa Gusau, explained that “insurgents had attacked the town killing dozens, destroyed ‎more than 80 per cent of the thousands of houses in the town, sacked the Emir and took over his palace after declaring it as sovereign territory with set of laws and ‘constitutional’ leader.
“The military toppled the insurgents and recovered the area by the end of 2015, months after President Muhammadu Buhari took over affairs,” Mr. Gusau said.
“The Governor departed Maiduguri at about 12:10 p.m. and arrived Bama at about 2:18 p.m. and he went straight to supervising reconstruction works on private residential houses, police stations, stores, schools, hospitals, the Emirs palace among others.
“The Governor had deployed construction equipment and hundreds of trucks of variety of building materials which are already in Bama for the reconstruction works.”
The spokesperson said the governor did not embark on the trip to Bama without providing enough security to safe guard his life and that of those deployed to commence the reconstruction work in the ancient city.
According to Mr. Gusau, “the governor also commissioned 500 newly recruited civilian JTF and vigilantes employed from locals in Bama to use community intelligence in working with the military to strengthen security in the area so as to forestall unanticipated attacks”.
Briefing the governor upon arrival in Bama, the Commissioner for Reconstruction, Rehabilitation and Resettlement, Babagana Zulum, said the reconstruction activities have created nearly 1000 direct jobs beside stimulating the economy of the state through procurements of different building materials and payment for services.
The Commissioner said the governor was “bound to see new developments every day,” he goes out for inspection.
However, should Mr. Shettima’s resolve to stay in Bama for one or two weeks be followed to the latter, the road to Bama could be the busiest in the next few days as government officials who need his attention would have to visit him there.
THE BAMA ATTACKS
Bama currently hosts over 20,000 internally displaced persons who are camped within the precinct of the town’s General Hospital under the direct care of military officials.
The city was first attacked on April 25, 2013 when about 17 persons were killed and Boko Haram insurgents burned down over 500 houses.
Destroyed Emir of Bama Palace

On May 7, 2013, the gunmen returned to the town and staged one of the biggest prison breaks during which inmates of the Bama minimum-security prison were freed. At least 14 prisons officials, 22 police officers, and two soldiers were killed in the shootout that left many of the insurgents dead as well.
On August 4, 2013 the insurgents returned to Bama where they attacked various security formations and civilian residential areas killing at least 33 persons.
On August 24, 2013, the insurgents attacked Bama during which they slaughtered three persons and injured 8 others.
On September 1, 2014, after other attacks, Bama finally fell under the control of Boko Haram as the insurgents dislodged the Emir and his subject from the city.
On Augusts 21, 2015 Boko Haram attempted to retake the liberated town of Bama, during which a soldier and 33 members of their group were killed.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/210980-borno-governor-relocates-to-town-liberated-from-boko-haram.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by agwom(m): 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
hmmm
Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by KingsmanSS(m): 6:07pm On Sep 22, 2016
This governor no dey fear so shocked
Hin try
Anyways lalasticlala, mynd44 comman see o smiley

1 Like

Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by lifezone247(m): 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
Oh!!! My bama. Born and brought up in this peaceful city, my late dad was the personal chief security to the late shehu of dikwa emirate council.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by snazzy5050(m): 10:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hehehe I laugh for ur fate BH will be coming for u grin grin
Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
Sincerely This governor has a strong and determined heart....

Kudos to you Sir cool

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by dejonathan(f): 10:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
ok
Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by Morhziez(m): 10:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
Good
Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by bettercreature(m): 10:20pm On Sep 22, 2016
This silllly Governor seriously want to die by all available means,firstly he stopped using bullet proof SUVs
And now he relocated to Bokoharam former strong now
If they refuse to kill him there,he will surely relocate to Sambisa forest

5 Likes

Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by Neimar: 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2016
hehehe
I nr dey use bullet proof cars we hia
now you dey relocate go dia

OYO oo
Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by haywire1: 10:23pm On Sep 22, 2016
From day one i dey suspect this governor to be one of the sponsors of boko haram but with this I'm sure with no doubt that he's truly a boko haram sponsor if not wettin he chop abi which spiritual power dey em back for him to relocate undecided undecided undecided undecided

#

7 Likes

Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 22, 2016
Naija for show; all nau PR stunt
Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by NORSIYK(m): 10:24pm On Sep 22, 2016
But who are these people deceiving?
Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by dokJ: 10:31pm On Sep 22, 2016
well.

boko fit giv am cola with nearby bomb explosion dis nite. no mata how e talk i no go near bornu even in d next 3 yrs...ok bye.
Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by shaddoww: 10:32pm On Sep 22, 2016
This guy is really bold, I wish he can invite PMB to cum spend 2 days with dem.

4 Likes

Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by ourleader(m): 10:34pm On Sep 22, 2016
This is a great attitude of born to LEAD not money made rule! Determined to die for his people to be secured, vowed to restore joy & faith to his people not to abandon them! Mr President Muhammad should take note

4 Likes

Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by Maxikingz: 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
I love this man,his braveness Marvel's me,his determined to rebuild his state,unlike fayose who's power is in his mouth. Can't even do anything for his ppl rather than shearing rice.

20 Likes

Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by KELECHUKWU89: 10:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
ONE OF THE FOUNDER OF BOKOHARAM RELOCATES TO WHERE HIS BOKOBOYS ARE... grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DOYA KWANTINUE OGA BOKO

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by Femich18(m): 11:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
bettercreature:
This silllly Governor seriously want to die by all available means,firstly he stopped using bullet proof SUVs
Lol
Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by rabex123(m): 11:06pm On Sep 22, 2016
KELECHUKWU89:
ONE OF THE FOUNDER OF BOKOHARAM RELOCATES TO WHERE HIS BOKOBOYS ARE... grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DOYA KWANTINUE OGA BOKO

6 Likes

Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by DozieInc(m): 11:07pm On Sep 22, 2016
Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by riffson(m): 11:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by lanreg95(m): 11:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
bettercreature:
Man can never be pleased

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by Eliteklaus(m): 11:48pm On Sep 22, 2016
in other words d guy wan make sure say better reconstruction money reach e hand. PS bama was recaptured during d a renewed military offensive under Gej in march 2015. make una try talk true once in a while
Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by funmise007(m): 12:06am On Sep 23, 2016
i tink he need to try that JUJU if naa fake or confirm
Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by Shoboy6h: 12:21am On Sep 23, 2016
ourleader:
This is a great attitude of born to LEAD not money made rule! Determined to die for his people to be secured, vowed to restore joy & faith to his people not to abandon them! Mr President Muhammad should take note

Calm down boy.. don't fall for this..
Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by ajayidayo2012: 12:27am On Sep 23, 2016
Please refrain from public displays of your inherent intrinsic stupidity and idiocy..we all know you are slow and stupid..you really don't have to rub it in our faces...
KELECHUKWU89:

5 Likes

Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by efilefun(m): 1:23am On Sep 23, 2016
grin
Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by Funjosh(m): 2:34am On Sep 23, 2016
This is the governor that I pity the most. God will continue to direct you Shettimah
Re: Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram by Ayatullah(m): 3:47am On Sep 23, 2016
ajayidayo2012:
Please refrain from public displays of your inherent intrinsic stupidity and idiocy..we all know you are slow and stupid..you really don't have to rub it in our faces...

Thanks for giving KELECHUKWU89 the Sucker punch! He deserves it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Didn’t Deny Not Being A Nigerian By Birth - Buhari, APC Tells Tribunal / Buhari Receives Trade Union Leaders In Aso Rock (photos) / Nigerian Army To Extend ‘operation Positive Identification’ Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.