Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:05 AM

Re: Origin Of Delta Igbo Indisputable - Uwuechue - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Re: Origin Of Delta Igbo Indisputable - Uwuechue (1423 Views)

Origin Of The Name Bello?! / The Origin Of Urhobo People / Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Origin Of Delta Igbo Indisputable - Uwuechue by Afriifa(m): 1:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
I will like to state that the people of eka and agbor have always guarded their culture with fiercely in the face of all oppositions.

We as eka people know where we come from and we are proud of our origin, we have a long history of kingship and culture that is why many people will not let us be, it is not new for a tribe to have two or more ancestory , e. g . take itshekiri, they have both benin and yoruba ancestory, but that does not make them benin or yoruba.

Today, they are know as itshekiris. but the founding father of their tribe was the a benin prince called iginua, son of oba olua of benin . we as ika people of agbor and owa will not wish to be drawn into stupid arguements with those who do not know our history and who do not know our culture and whose sole arguements rely on nearness of language as a proof of where a
people come from , if he is a historian then he or she will know that changes in language can occur due to large migrations
or trade or due to other factors.

Please can any one tell me what agbor means in igbo language ? going back to history agbor was called ogungunagbon or agbon , which means earth in benin
language and the british changed it to agbor in 1906 . ,most eka founders or founders of agbon were benin princes and people from ishan land in ancient times and later other groups of migrants came from igbo land , some from yorubaland e. t. c .

It will interest you to note that most of agbor and ika culture and traditions came from benin and edo areas . we call GOD- oselobue , we believe in ehi as our guardian spirit as the benin do, we perfom festivals like igue - new year , ogbanigbe , osi-ezi and ugboze. we dress like binis and maintain same dances like ojerima, okangan and uje like binis, our traditional gods are same as theirs like ovia, uhunmwunde, idigun, olokun e. t. c . we believe our kings are devine beings from the lineage of olokun
and oselobue.

Our chiefthancy titles are same as benin, iyase, obasogie, obaseki , ihondor , ihama, ezomor , ologbosere et. c. our towns are divided into ebon (umu), idumu and ogbe, in agbor there are two languages spoken ozara and ika , ozara is edoid while ika is a mix of bini and igbo , each town has her
history of founding fathers and they are well kept, there are still some titles that if you want to take in some villages today in agbor you must go to benin , where the original founder came from to collect things and receive blessings of approval.

It will interest you to note that all ika and agbor kings are benin princes and the present dein of agbor is same royal blood family with the omonoba of benin. but all these do not make us binis, although in the past we bore benin tribal marks ,but today we are eka people , we are not binis
or igbos , but we know where most of our ancestors came from , no proper ika man will want to be refered to as igbo, but properly as ika people . we the ika people
share both igbo and bini cultures that is why we still have igbo names like ngozi, okechukwu and the likes , but we still have our benin names too like irabor, obaigbena, ovia, osagie etc. this is our heritage and we are proud of it, looking at my family history
of about 800 years i saw all my ancestors were having benin names from omigie, agbontaen, ehiabor, imade, osaigbovou,
efeizomor, okundaye , ebie, ogbe, e. t. c , so one day i asked my father why and he told me that our fore-father was the son of a
prince from benin,and that our people from our village in idumu-ezomor were children of ezomor the great warrior general from
benin who assisted oba esigie of benin to quell the ida war.

Some times it is good for people to consult natives of a place and ask them of their history , before the write on it. anioma is a big place , i know the igbo language plays a part in anioma history, but not all aniomas migrated from igboland and their are about 11 languages spoken there like ozara, ika, olokumi ( old yoruba), igalla,
aboh, etc . that is the reason why no proper ika man will join any group like ohaneze, we have our own group called the ika group
,while we support anioma ,we also believe that those who can trace their ancestory to igboland should join the group, but we will
like to say we the agbor and ika people should be left alone as we are a seperate people called ika.

I am happy that this is bearing fruit as on delta radio there is now
news in ika language as a different languge, ikas have commenced writing the bible in
ika language and right now the gospel of mark, luke , mathew and john have been published and we have books on ika languge right now ,during the colonial times
our people resisted the celebration of igbo day in ikaland, i want to state that the agbor people even though we have cultural afinities with some of our neighbours like ogwashi, ubulu-uku , asaba.

Source: Afrifa.
Re: Re: Origin Of Delta Igbo Indisputable - Uwuechue by Afriifa(m): 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2016
No good News for Biafra in Niger Delta.

Wisdom is too high for a Fool.
Re: Re: Origin Of Delta Igbo Indisputable - Uwuechue by Mrjo(m): 2:48pm On Sep 22, 2016
Who ask u op? Is like u ar suffering from lost of id
Re: Re: Origin Of Delta Igbo Indisputable - Uwuechue by giles14(m): 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
Afriifa:
I will like to state that the people of eka and agbor have always guarded their culture with fiercely in the face of all oppositions.

We as eka people know where we come from and we are proud of our origin, we have a long history of kingship and culture that is why many people will not let us be, it is not new for a tribe to have two or more ancestory , e. g . take itshekiri, they have both benin and yoruba ancestory, but that does not make them benin or yoruba.

Today, they are know as itshekiris. but the founding father of their tribe was the a benin prince called iginua, son of oba olua of benin . we as ika people of agbor and owa will not wish to be drawn into stupid arguements with those who do not know our history and who do not know our culture and whose sole arguements rely on nearness of language as a proof of where a
people come from , if he is a historian then he or she will know that changes in language can occur due to large migrations
or trade or due to other factors.

Please can any one tell me what agbor means in igbo language ? going back to history agbor was called ogungunagbon or agbon , which means earth in benin
language and the british changed it to agbor in 1906 . ,most eka founders or founders of agbon were benin princes and people from ishan land in ancient times and later other groups of migrants came from igbo land , some from yorubaland e. t. c .

It will interest you to note that most of agbor and ika culture and traditions came from benin and edo areas . we call GOD- oselobue , we believe in ehi as our guardian spirit as the benin do, we perfom festivals like igue - new year , ogbanigbe , osi-ezi and ugboze. we dress like binis and maintain same dances like ojerima, okangan and uje like binis, our traditional gods are same as theirs like ovia, uhunmwunde, idigun, olokun e. t. c . we believe our kings are devine beings from the lineage of olokun
and oselobue.

Our chiefthancy titles are same as benin, iyase, obasogie, obaseki , ihondor , ihama, ezomor , ologbosere et. c. our towns are divided into ebon (umu), idumu and ogbe, in agbor there are two languages spoken ozara and ika , ozara is edoid while ika is a mix of bini and igbo , each town has her
history of founding fathers and they are well kept, there are still some titles that if you want to take in some villages today in agbor you must go to benin , where the original founder came from to collect things and receive blessings of approval.

It will interest you to note that all ika and agbor kings are benin princes and the present dein of agbor is same royal blood family with the omonoba of benin. but all these do not make us binis, although in the past we bore benin tribal marks ,but today we are eka people , we are not binis
or igbos , but we know where most of our ancestors came from , no proper ika man will want to be refered to as igbo, but properly as ika people . we the ika people
share both igbo and bini cultures that is why we still have igbo names like ngozi, okechukwu and the likes , but we still have our benin names too like irabor, obaigbena, ovia, osagie etc. this is our heritage and we are proud of it, looking at my family history
of about 800 years i saw all my ancestors were having benin names from omigie, agbontaen, ehiabor, imade, osaigbovou,
efeizomor, okundaye , ebie, ogbe, e. t. c , so one day i asked my father why and he told me that our fore-father was the son of a
prince from benin,and that our people from our village in idumu-ezomor were children of ezomor the great warrior general from
benin who assisted oba esigie of benin to quell the ida war.

Some times it is good for people to consult natives of a place and ask them of their history , before the write on it. anioma is a big place , i know the igbo language plays a part in anioma history, but not all aniomas migrated from igboland and their are about 11 languages spoken there like ozara, ika, olokumi ( old yoruba), igalla,
aboh, etc . that is the reason why no proper ika man will join any group like ohaneze, we have our own group called the ika group
,while we support anioma ,we also believe that those who can trace their ancestory to igboland should join the group, but we will
like to say we the agbor and ika people should be left alone as we are a seperate people called ika.

I am happy that this is bearing fruit as on delta radio there is now
news in ika language as a different languge, ikas have commenced writing the bible in
ika language and right now the gospel of mark, luke , mathew and john have been published and we have books on ika languge right now ,during the colonial times
our people resisted the celebration of igbo day in ikaland, i want to state that the agbor people even though we have cultural afinities with some of our neighbours like ogwashi, ubulu-uku , asaba.

Source: Afrifa.
dis is good all those my igbo brodas shouting delta Igbos ,river igbos u c your lifes dats wot u get in a forced marriage.so for does shouting Biafra n d rest sorry.Anioma pple are not igbos pls or is d ikkerrwes.
Re: Re: Origin Of Delta Igbo Indisputable - Uwuechue by Afriifa(m): 9:29pm On Oct 06, 2016
Mrjo:
Who ask u op? Is like u ar suffering from lost of id
why u open am?
Re: Re: Origin Of Delta Igbo Indisputable - Uwuechue by Revolva(m): 12:19am On Oct 07, 2016
yes when i tell people igalla spoken in delta de act like fools
Re: Re: Origin Of Delta Igbo Indisputable - Uwuechue by Afriifa(m): 6:10am On Oct 07, 2016
Revolva:
yes when i tell people igalla spoken in delta de act like fools
some people are born fools, so you can't possibly blame them.

(1) (Reply)

Key Role Of Ife’s Igbo/Ugbo Chiefs In The Crowning Of Great Ooni Of Ife / Americo-liberians Vs Indigenous Liberians; A Retrospect On Liberian History! / My Lessons From Major Tribes In Nigeria. Dedicated To The Yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.