Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War (3688 Views)

Fresh Anxiety In Aso Rock Over Buhari’s Health - PUNCH / "How We Stopped Buhari From Coming To Enugu" – IPOB / 7 Die As MASSOB Protests In Asaba.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by sarrki(m): 3:51pm On Sep 22, 2016
Y FRANCIS IGATA ENUGU – The Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, Thursday, declared full blown war with the Federal Government to press for the unconditional release Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and other Biafra agitators detained in various prisons nationwide and in Diaspora. A palpable anxiety pervades Enugu State over the would-be clash between pro-Biafra groups of MASSOB, Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, and security agencies following the Friday sit-at-home order, to protest the continued detention of their members in detention.

Vanguard monitored the mood of the people within the metropolis and found out that many parents may have decided to withdraw their wards from school even as they were apprehensive of going to their various places of work. There was copious presence of security personnel at strategic places within the metropolis especially at the three-arms zone housing the Government House.

At the Okpara Square, a detachment of Mobile Policemen numbering over 200 were seen rehearsing crowd and combat techniques as early as 9.30AM. Unusual siren blaring police vehicles patrolled the streets intermittently while Police authorities had earlier assured the public of adequate safety, advising them to go about their lawful businesses.

FULL BLOWN WAR WITH FG A statement signed and made available to Vanguard by MASSOB Leader, Uchenna Madu read,” MASSOB in the spirit of Biafranism and brotherhood among Biafra agitators have declared full support for the call for civil disobedience against Nigeria state on the release of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and other Biafra agitators detained across Nigeria and in Diaspora.

Members of the Movement for the Survival of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) during their rally to mark the 17th anniversary of the movement, yesterday, in Awka, Anambra State. “In the spirit of collaboration and for Biafra sake, MASSOB will engage positively in every steps, programs and activities that will draw Biafra closer to actualization.

We shall continue to collaborate and partner with every positive move and steps that will affect the release of our Comrades in different Nigeria prisons and detention camps. “The call for stay at home tomorrow which has been our recalling measure and steps for effective civil disobedience is totally voluntarily, this exercise has always been the life wire of the Biafran struggle which boomed the potency and acceptability of the Biafra struggle.

The request for closure of Markets, public / private motor parks, schools and other public business premises is voluntarily, not by force, it is a mark of respect and love for our fatherland.

As a non violence organization, Biafrans shall not be compelled, pressurised or forced to observe the stay at home exercise. “MASSOB, IPOB and other pro Biafra groups will not molest, compel or intimidate anybody to observe the stay at home exercise as all our members shall stay indoors, there shall be no physical demonstration, street march, procession or any other public functions tomorrow in Biafra land.

“The heavy presence of armed Nigeria Army, Mobile police, SSS operatives, Navy, Civil Defence in major cities of Biafra land since yesterday are all signs of Military jittery, fear and cowardice, it is mesmerization of President Buhari’s soldiers. The security panic, the presence of Soldiers has created in Biafra land will assist immensely and positively on the people to comply to our demands.

“The Nigeria security agents are complimenting and justifying the Biafra struggle. MASSOB is demanding the unconditional release of Mazi Nnamdi kanu and others detained in Nigeria prisons. The Biafra struggle will continue to unfold more confusing nature to Nigeria state until they realize their fruitless efforts in the unjust detention of Biafran Jews.

“No amount of security intimidation, mesmerization, killings, detention, oppression, incarceration etc will ever stop the will power of an indigenous people for self determination. MASSOB also condemned the brutalities, unlawful subjection and detention of Uchenna Inya (Abakiliki correspondent of New Telegraph Newspaper) on the day of MASSOB anniversary, the use of force can never stop the inflow of the spirit of Biafra”.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/anxiety-enugu-following-Igbos-sit-home-threat-massob-declares-full-blown-war-fg/

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by HungerBAD: 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
Their loss.

The people that will lose revenue is the Enugu people. Enugu State does not contribute Nada into the purse of the Federal Government.

They can sit at home for One Month.

The Federal Government should move the University of Nigeria back to Calabar,where it was originally until Azikiwe moved it to his mother's village in Nsukka.

--Modified-

To the Young man down below who does know the history of Nigeria well,let me educate you a little.

The first Capital of Nigeria was Calabar.
The University of Nigeria was in Calabar.
Nnamdi Azikiwe's mom was from Nsukka.

For those that attended UNN,will tell you about ZIK Hostel opposite the second gate. That particular land where the hostel stands,is Nnamdi mom's ancestral home.

And for Records purposes. Azikiwe started this moving of Schools to their villages. The next person to do it was Alex Ekwueme,the Vice President then who moved a Federal Polytechnic to his Village Oko in Anambra. Then there was Ambrose Alli with Bendel State University to his Village in Ekpoma.

Ibori moved Delta Polytechnic to his village,Oshiomhole just moved Edo State University to his Village and the list goes on and on.

But Nnamdi Azikiwe started it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by Israeljones(m): 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
I think am done talking about peace with this bunch of wasted eedeots...
Let them start the war fully,,, because that miscreant called kanu will neva be released because he called for it..
For any ipoood fuoools who is gonna repond to this comment will be doing it at his or her own risk because i will ignore him/her so hard that yu wud wonder if yu ever made a comment at all..

5 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by sarrki(m): 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2016
Can everyone now see that this people are terrorist?

They should be declared terrorist group

They are worse than bokoharam & ISIS

6 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by REDDEVILS1(m): 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2016
Israeljones:
Let them start the war fully,,, because that miscreant called kanu will neva be released because he called for it..
For any ipoood fuoools who is gonna repond to this comment will be doing it at his or her own risk because i will ignore him/her so hard that yu wud wonder if yu ever made a comment at all..
am igbo and don't support ipoh, but dude wetin concern you? Get a life!

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by proeast(m): 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
Awareness is growing & the mere geographical expression aka the infamous zoo is breaking up!!!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 22, 2016
proeast:
Awareness is growing & the mere geographical expression aka the infamous zoo is breaking up!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by sarrki(m): 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
[quote author=imhotep post=49582340][/quote]spotted
Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
Israeljones:
Are u a daura-like dullard ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by proeast(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2016
sarrki:

Are you sick or just suffering from illiteracy?? What makes peaceful protesters terrorists

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by sarrki(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2016
imhotep:

Are u a daura-like dullard ?

He's a patriotic citizen

4 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by Gchimez: 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2016
sarrki:

the sit at home is voluntarily and they said not by force I guess u don't understand simple English, the Biafrans welcomed it, afonjas taking drugs for someone els headache.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by proeast(m): 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2016
Buhari should continue being obstinate, afterall pharoah did worse and yet later succumbed!!! I dont know why we keep wasting away & going in circles, even in a hundred years time, Nigeria will remain backward because nobody believes in it & whoever gets the opportunity embezzles & rapes the country without pity. No love, passion, nationalism, patriotism etc. For how long shall we continue lying to ourselves?? Even regional structure that would have helped is condemned by the parasites up north because of greed & selfishness. Nigeria is a lost cause!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by sarrki(m): 4:27pm On Sep 22, 2016
proeast:
Buhari should continue being obstinate, afterall pharoah did worse and yet later succumbed!!!

Buhari never behaved like pharaoh

It's ipob that are behaving like a prodigal son

4 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 22, 2016
sarrki:

He's a patriotic citizen
Biafra are patriotic also.
He shld mind hs village affairs and leave Biafra alone

5 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by mormonslayer: 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
REDDEVILS1:
am igbo and don't support ipoh, but dude wetin concern you? Get a life!

Didn't you see he was only seeking attention, most times it's best to just ignore the troll.
Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by sarrki(m): 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2016
imhotep:

Biafra are patriotic also.
He shld mind hs village affairs and leave Biafra alone

My wife is from Anambra I will never support that

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by DeleteNonsense: 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2016
The heavy presence of armed Nigeria Army, Mobile police, SSS operatives, Navy, Civil Defence in major cities of Biafra land since yesterday are all signs of Military jittery, fear and cowardice, it is mesmerization of President Buhari’s soldiers. The security panic, the
presence of Soldiers has created in Biafra land will assist immensely and positively on the people to comply to our demands.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 22, 2016
sarrki:

Great. Keep your wife in Nigeria and leave Biafra alone

4 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by BiafranPrince: 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2016
sarrki:

Nothing wey person no go see.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by pazienza(m): 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2016
HungerBAD:
Their loss.

The people that will lose revenue is the Enugu people. Enugu State does not contribute Nada into the purse of the Federal Government.

The Federal Government should move the University of Nigeria back to Calabar,where it was originally until Azikiwe moved it to his mother's village in Nsukka.

Any valid document to back your yoruboid accusation of Azikiwe moving the University of Nigeria from Calabar to Nsukka?

Btw, Zik's mum was an Onitsha woman. Zik has no direct ancestral link to Nsukka like you lied.

I await your reply.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by sarrki(m): 4:41pm On Sep 22, 2016
BiafranPrince:

Nothing wey person no go see.
I love and adore

SE only the criminal element (Ipob)

I detest

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by proeast(m): 4:42pm On Sep 22, 2016
sarrki:

Buhari never behaved like pharaoh

It's ipob that are behaving like a prodigal son
By calling those that feeds the country 5% who should not expect equal treatment with the Egyptians. By imprisoning Nnamdi Kanu. By his nepotism and favouritism. By his killing of innocent and peaceful protesters etc, he is behaving like a modern day pharoah but God will disgrace him!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by sarrki(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
proeast:
By calling those that feeds the country 5% who should not expect equal treatment with the Egyptians. By imprisoning Nnamdi Kanu. By his nepotism and favouritism. By his killing of innocent and peaceful protesters etc, he is behaving like a modern day pharoah but God will disgrace him!

Point of correction

SE is different from SS

So south east is not the one feeding the country

Neither NW, SW, NC

We are Nigerians

Strength in diversity

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by THUNDER4real(m): 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
[quote author=HungerBAD post=49581728]Their loss.

--Modified-

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by Arise01: 4:58pm On Sep 22, 2016
sarrki:

.... Egbon agbalagba, I hail you sir. Its obvious there bunch of illiterates
Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by sarrki(m): 4:58pm On Sep 22, 2016
[quote author=THUNDER4real post=49583241][/quote]

Don't quote HungerBAD arresa & ngeneukwenu

They are loaded with facts & figures

Rather just click like on their post

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by simplycarro: 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2016
RIP in advance to the martyrs of this struggle
Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by sarrki(m): 5:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
Arise01:
.... Egbon agbalagba, I hail you sir. Its obvious there bunch of illiterates

Wagbayi omoluabi ni e

God bless Pmb

God bless federal republic of Nigeria

No to secessionist

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by THUNDER4real(m): 5:08pm On Sep 22, 2016
sarrki:

Don't quote HungerBAD arresa & ngeneukwenu

They are loaded with facts & figures

Rather just click like on their post
U dey mad abi....I can quote any body...Gerrat here

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Enugu Ipob’s Sit-at-home Threat As MASSOB Declares Full Blown War by malton: 5:10pm On Sep 22, 2016
proeast:
Buhari should continue being obstinate, afterall pharoah did worse and yet later succumbed!!! I dont know why we keep wasting away & going in circles, even in a hundred years time, Nigeria will remain backward because nobody believes in it & whoever gets the opportunity embezzles & rapes the country without pity. No love, passion, nationalism, patriotism etc. For how long shall we continue lying to ourselves?? Even regional structure that would have helped is condemned by the parasites up north because of greed & selfishness. Nigeria is a lost cause !!!!

You are pro-East, fine.

However, your typing dungs from the 'comfort' of your room is gross.

List one item the Northerners live off of the Easterners for?

You lots are too hateful for human beings.

If anything, parasitism is what defines your people. It's their hallmark. You know why? Because they are everywhere and anywhere living off other people's resources and wealth under the guise of hard work.

In my sojourn throughout Nigeria, I have never been to a region so sparsely populated, with people leaving in droves on a daily basis because they want their bread buttered.

This same Nigeria you call unprintable names has given your people a lot more than your region can offer anyone. 2/3rd of your popular figures made it outside of Igbo land. The monies they repatriate back home were derived from other lands. That same wealth is keeping the Igbo youths in the region 'engaged'.

Go to that same Enugu for instance, and take a head count of the number of houses that are actually occupied by the owners. A lot of them are either in the North or South West hustling. I speak from experience because I've been to a lot of estates in that city countless times and the situation has always been the same: fine but empty houses. I frequent Sunshine Estate at Emene, and I cannot speak more for any other estate than it.

While I do not begrudge the hardworking Igbos for anything coming their way, they actually make nonsense of your claims that the Northerners are the leeches. A vast majority of them make a living off of agriculture. Nigeria's oil income is squandered mainly by politicians, criminals who cut across all regions and tribes. You will be surprised to find that your elites are more against the actualization of Biafra than an ordinary Northerner even gives a hoot about your existence.

Next time, be sure to fully understand what a parasite or any other word means before you bandy it about the place.

Secondly, Nigeria is still a long shot from being a lost cause. Take some chill, that bile is self-destructive!

You're welcome!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Goes To Church In London - Video / Giving Out 1million On This Forum WHEN PDP Wins Ekiti... / Presidential Election Results From Dailypost Newspapers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.