Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,905 members, 7,821,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! (5040 Views)

My Conversation With Google Allo Robot / WOW!! Check Out This Cool Stuff You Can Do With GOOGLE ALLO / Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 12:33am On Sep 23, 2016
I just feel whatsapp would be overtaken by Allo...
Allo has more user experience and features...
Lets just watch...
Check this link
https://googleblog..com.ng/2016/09/google-allo-smarter-messaging-app.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by Mattex001(m): 1:19am On Sep 23, 2016
Telegram has a better features!

I see them taking over the market soon enough!

Folks are reluctant to try other new messenger apps because the bulk of their contacts are on WhatsApp!

Rolling out new apps isn't the problem but penetrating the market is difficult, why should I use its when I get almost an identical service from my current provider.

They need to embark on an aggressive marketing to stand the test of time.

WeChat is almost no where to be found today.

2 Likes

Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 1:45am On Sep 23, 2016
Mattex001:

Folks are reluctant to try other new messenger apps because the bulk of their contacts are on WhatsApp!

Rolling out new apps isn't the problem but penetrating the market is difficult, why should I use its when I get almost an identical service from my current provider.

Google gat what it takes...what do you think??
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by Mattex001(m): 1:56am On Sep 23, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

Google gat what it takes...what do you think??

They have what it takes tho. But they probably won't be ready to spend much on an app that wouldn't fetch them much in returns. WhatsApp is free for life time, and has a better ergonomics (ease of use)

Other messengers are still learning when it comes to UI. But then let's just see how it goes.
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by nani667: 2:11am On Sep 23, 2016
Nothing Spectacular...

Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by mylora: 6:45am On Sep 23, 2016
This could be a fall back for those class of phones whatsapp wanna render useless come 31st Dec. Let's see how it goes tho
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 10:30am On Sep 23, 2016
Mattex001:

They have what it takes tho. But they probably won't be ready to spend much on an app that wouldn't fetch them much in returns. WhatsApp is free for life time, and has a better ergonomics (ease of use)

Other messengers are still learning when it comes to UI. But then let's just see how it goes.

I don't think I agree whatsapp has great UI because Allo UI is cool...visit that link and feel the animation...
You mean whatsapp not fetching money for facebook
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 10:33am On Sep 23, 2016
mylora:
This could be a fall back for those class of phones whatsapp wanna render useless come 31st Dec. Let's see how it goes tho
The competition is moving smoothly..
I learnt facebook launched their snapchat-like app last month... Called Lifestage
Google is strong tho!!
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 10:34am On Sep 23, 2016
mylora:
I don't think Allo will support java phones...
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 10:36am On Sep 23, 2016
I don't think whatsapp has upto the users it claims to have..
Because I have four registered whatsapp number and I believe others might have more or less..
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by Peacefullove: 10:37am On Sep 23, 2016
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by Peacefullove: 10:38am On Sep 23, 2016
but let's face the truth, the app that's gonna kill WhatsApp must be super classic ... which none has achieved yet
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 10:42am On Sep 23, 2016
Peacefullove:
but let's face the truth, the app that's gonna kill WhatsApp must be super classic ... which none has achieved yet
Talking of uniqueness I don't think whatsapp can beat Allo....whatsapp just have the popularity...
Whatsapp is boring at times because you hardly know who's online...
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by Peacefullove: 10:49am On Sep 23, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

Talking of uniqueness I don't think whatsapp can beat Allo....whatsapp just have the popularity...
Whatsapp is boring at times because you hardly know who's online...

let's see how it goes, though one thing is google have what it takes, the last I checked Allo app is still coming soon

apart from popularity that WhatsApp has, the truth is many youth of today are not exposed to know the latest things in the social media world . I almost burst into laughter the day I asked a lady if she know Nairaland and she said " NO " , she isn't even a guest , all she did on her mobile is BBM and WhatsApp . to her that's called browsing , this is one of the reasons WhatsApp still have an edge .

2 Likes

Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by lanre316: 10:51am On Sep 23, 2016
Mattex001:

Google can penetrate the market further if they can pre-load Allo on all their future android releases, like Apple did with iMessage.

1 Like

Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2016
I think it will be more successful especially because one can send a message to contacts who don't have it yet
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 23, 2016
Mattex001:

Whatsapp seemed non existent in China either, over 90% of Chinese are into wechat, wechat has a wallet, by which you can make payments like DSTV and Gotv here in Nigeria and other African countries.
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by timbros(m): 12:51pm On Sep 23, 2016
lanre316:

Google can penetrate the market further if they can pre-load Allo on all their future android releases, like Apple did with iMessage.

This is exactly what Google needs to do: pre-install Allo in their future android releases.

I just downloaded it and the UI is pretty cool.

Let's see how it goes though.
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by Kingy10: 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
How can it overtake WhatsApp.
Some people just buy smartphones cos of WhatsApp subscription, they don't buy data.. just WhatsApp N60 sub grin
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by ollah2: 2:38pm On Sep 23, 2016
Kingy10:
How can it overtake WhatsApp.
Some people just buy smartphones cos of WhatsApp subscription, they don't buy data.. just WhatsApp N60 sub grin

Do you think companies thing like this? I think Google has an edge over other 3rd party apps. They should just embed it in Android alongside Duo and ensure no OEM tempers with it in the dialer app. This move alone will win hearts and they should also add sms support to it. That service have refused to die.

When Gmail debuted they were loads of email services(hotmail, yahoo, AOL, et al). Only hotmail exist at the moment and it might have died if not owned by Microsoft.

Messaging app is a different ball game entirely tho but with Android and also owned by Google. They have an edge.

1 Like

Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by Kingy10: 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2016
ollah2:

Do you think companies thing like this? I think Google has an edge over other 3rd party apps. They should just embed it in Android alongside Duo and ensure no OEM tempers with it in the dialer app. This move alone will win hearts and they should also add sms support to it. That service have refused to die.

When Gmail debuted they were loads of email services(hotmail, yahoo, AOL, et al). Only hotmail exist at the moment and it might have died if not owned by Microsoft.

Messaging app is a different ball game entirely tho but with Android and also owned by Google. They have an edge.
I was just joking bro, how many are the pple using N60 sub out of the 1 billion users.
Let's be frank, the next 3 yrs Allo can't be on same level as WhatsApp. No matter how d tech Allo use, WhatsApp does the basic things most users want. & It has many users. Zuckerburg is on another level, the recent feature of connecting fb with WhatsApp it's part of promotion for WhatsApp. & Besides its free, even when its 0.9 dollars per year, most pple still use it free of charge. What I thnk z d next important aspect is to start partnering with Mobile networks for them to make his app easier to access & that's wat he's currently doing.
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by 2kurupt(m): 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
Mattex001:

WeChat dominates Asia and is the main chat app in China (China population alone is something else), so its still there.
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by ollah2: 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
Kingy10:

I was just joking bro, how many are the pple using N60 sub out of the 1 billion users.
Let's be frank, the next 3 yrs Allo can't be on same level as WhatsApp. No matter how d tech Allo use, WhatsApp does the basic things most users want. & It has many users. Zuckerburg is on another level, the recent feature of connecting fb with WhatsApp it's part of promotion for WhatsApp. & Besides its free, even when its 0.9 dollars per year, most pple still use it free of charge. What I thnk z d next important aspect is to start partnering with Mobile networks for them to make his app easier to access & that's wat he's currently doing.

Like I said in my previous comment allo isn't here to compete with whatsapp but it has a great advantage. All Google needs to do is deeply integrate it into Android and force OEMs not to altar it. This move will make allo grow faster.

Ex. On a dialer app of every new Android phone comes with allo and duo which can easily allow users to chat or video call their contacts and these automatically makes it in the hands of Android users. Within future updates, they should make it available on the web (windows and mac), tablets(android, ipad).

They have a win on the sleeves, they only need the right implementation

1 Like

Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by 2kurupt(m): 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
mylora:

It won't thats why nothings been said about Allo supporting any other OS aside android & ios. People seem not accept that the modern features of chat applications may not run optimally on their old devices.
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by mrbillz(m): 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
I'm loving the App already cool
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by encryptjay(m): 6:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
For now, WhatsApp is king. I don't envisage Allo making much impact soon.
Zuckerberg won't just sit back and allow Allo to take over.
Unless they decide to make it a stock app and integrate in future Android versions/updates.
Rome wasn't built in one day.
WhatsApp still has a strong foundation and fanbase.

1 Like

Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by ewizard1: 7:47pm On Sep 23, 2016
Nani667 What's ur device? San Fransisco loaded cool!
Whats your data signal traffic display? is it an xposed app?
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by Incredibleme: 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
Zuckerberg is a die hard capitalist but the allo app stands a chance against whatsapp. It has a funky User interface, more likely to distract the younger generation from almighty whatsapp.

its already got my attention.
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2016
encryptjay:
For now, WhatsApp is king. I don't envisage Allo making much impact soon.
Zuckerberg won't just sit back and allow Allo to take over.
Unless they decide to make it a stock app and integrate in future Android versions/updates.
Rome wasn't built in one day.
WhatsApp still has a strong foundation and fanbase.
Whatsapp will be overtaken by Allo if only they have good marketing plan...
Please who knows how whatsapp makes money
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 8:27pm On Sep 23, 2016
Incredibleme:
Zuckerberg is a die hard capitalist but the allo app stands a chance against whatsapp. It has a funky User interface, more likely to distract the younger generation from almighty whatsapp.

its already got my attention.

Yeah Allo is strong..
It will fail if they don't have good marketing plans especially for Nigerians because If there's no Naija users in the stuff it will become bored..
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by stephany007: 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2016
timbros:

This is exactly what Google needs to do: pre-install Allo in their future android releases.

I just downloaded it and the UI is pretty cool.

Let's see how it goes though.
I just downloaded it but couldn't launch it say error something
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by encryptjay(m): 9:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
KvnqPrezo:
Whatsapp will be overtaken by Allo if only they have good marketing plan... . Please who knows how whatsapp makes money
Some countries pay $1 per download

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Card Do You Recharge In A Day? / Who Else Got This Surprise From MTN / MTN Barred From Further Sale Of SIM Cards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.