Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! (5035 Views)

My Conversation With Google Allo Robot / WOW!! Check Out This Cool Stuff You Can Do With GOOGLE ALLO / Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2016
encryptjay:

Some countries pay $1 per download
Whatsapp
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by 1o1o1o1: 11:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
ollah2:

Like I said in my previous comment allo isn't here to compete with whatsapp but it has a great advantage. All Google needs to do is deeply integrate it into Android and force OEMs not to altar it. This move will make allo grow faster.

They will be breaking anti competition rules if they do that.
The OEMs will finish them with court cases. Infact they are already facing several similar court cases in Europe.

1 Like

Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by holluphemydavid(m): 1:00am On Sep 24, 2016
And whatsapp will stop working on some blackberry fones by December 31st, does dat means blackberry users will switch to dis new chat app?
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by ollah2: 1:03am On Sep 24, 2016
1o1o1o1:

They will be breaking anti competition rules if they do that.
The OEMs will finish them with court cases. Infact they are already facing several similar court cases in Europe.

Well I understand you and I kinda thought about the predicament but there's a way they did doze. It wasn't altered by OEMs. I hope the pixel line will have this preloaded and they can do partnership with some top android OEMs like Samsung and Xiaomi. I intentionally didn't mention Huawei even this it's the third major OEM in the world cos they just striked a deal with True caller.

Google has this on their sleeves.
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by TheAziz: 9:43am On Sep 24, 2016
yeah nothing lasts forever, but Let's remember Mark is powerful, he can even buy this Allo if he starts feeling the pressure
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by lanre316: 10:44am On Sep 24, 2016
TheAziz:
yeah nothing lasts forever, but Let's remember Mark is powerful, he can even buy this Allo if he starts feeling the pressure

LMAO.

Allo belongs to Google. And Google is much much richer than Facebook. As as today Google can buy Facebook including Whatsapp, Instagram etc.

1 Like

Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by matrixx9(m): 11:27am On Sep 24, 2016
Y'all be hyping Google Allo. It doesn't have End to End Encryption.. Your Data isn't secure.. Plus Google has always failed when it comes to instant messaging.. Google plus is an example. How many of you use it
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by TheAziz: 11:29am On Sep 24, 2016
lanre316:

LMAO.

Allo belongs to Google. And Google is much much richer than Facebook. As as today Google can buy Facebook including Whatsapp, Instagram etc.
Tnx for the info, i never knew it belongs to Google
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2016
TheAziz:

Tnx for the info, i never knew it belongs to Google
Lol
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2016
lanre316:

LMAO.

If facebook agree to sell baa

1 Like

Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by Mattex001(m): 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
indigene:

Whatsapp seemed non existent in China either, over 90% of Chinese are into wechat, wechat has a wallet, by which you can make payments like DSTV and Gotv here in Nigeria and other African countries.

Perhaps that's because it is owned by one them.

And the bulk of them uses weChat become it was more like the only option they had, Facebook was restricted in China and that give weChat a distinctive advantage.
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by ollah2: 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
matrixx9:
Y'all be hyping Google Allo. It doesn't have End to End Encryption.. Your Data isn't secure.. Plus Google has always failed when it comes to instant messaging.. Google plus is an example. How many of you use it

It's encrypted but not by default. If you need encryption then chat in incognito mode.
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by ollah2: 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
lanre316:

LMAO.

Quit writing rubbish. Googe is owned by Sergey brim and Larry page and Mark is richer than one of them but not both of them combined. Mark is the 6th richest in the world. So buying each others company makes no sense

1 Like

Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by mp3center(m): 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
Click the link below to join the best free browsing tips and tricks group Now https:///KrV98aSc37kEbRHB0LGclW
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by mp3center(m): 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
Click the link below to join the best free browsing tips and tricks group Now https:///KrV98aSc37kEbRHB0LGclW
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by lanre316: 8:17pm On Sep 25, 2016
ollah2:

Quit writing rubbish. Googe is owned by Sergey brim and Larry page and Mark is richer than one of them but not both of them combined. Mark is the 6th richest in the world. So buying each others company makes no sense

I normally ignore ignorant posts like yours. But I will make exceptions today.

Are you telling me it was Mark individual, not Facebook company, that bought WhatsApp.

OR because because Bill Gates is the richest man he can buy Google and Facebook combined.

You need to understand the difference between personal wealth of company owners and the market capitalization of companies.

A simple Google search will reveal to you that Google company, a.k.a. Alphabet, is richer and more valuable than Facebook and Microsoft. Personal wealth of Sergey, Larry, Mark or Bill is irrelevant here.
Company owners don't spend their personal wealth in mergers and acquisitions.

Get understanding and cure your ignorance.
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by ollah2: 10:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
lanre316:

I normally ignore ignorant posts like yours. But I will make exceptions today.

Are you telling me it was Mark individual, not Facebook company, that bought WhatsApp.

OR because because Bill Gates is the richest man he can buy Google and Facebook combined.

You need to understand the difference between personal wealth of company owners and the market capitalization of companies.

A simple Google search will reveal to you that Google company, a.k.a. Alphabet, is richer and more valuable than Facebook and Microsoft. Personal wealth of Sergey, Larry, Mark or Bill is irrelevant here.
Company owners don't spend their personal wealth in mergers and acquisitions.

Get understanding and cure your ignorance.

If you understand simple English then you would understand that neither of the two firms can be sold at the moment. They are too big to be sold.
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 12:07am On Sep 26, 2016
ollah2:

If you understand simple English then you would understand that neither of the two firms can be sold at the moment. They are too big to be sold.
You cant tell
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by yusfatedeeprof(m): 12:27am On Sep 26, 2016
Uhmm, i think this is what IM's should look like, just saying. Whatsapp is too plain abeg, makes chatting boring sometimes. No stickers, nothing interesting just kip writing sad

After allo na allo o, i don port. kiss
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by yusfatedeeprof(m): 1:10am On Sep 26, 2016
Lol see some post about marketing, grin
Pls check Google apps on playstore u see 1billion downloads, 10billion downloads.
Android users love too download apps developed by Google inc.
Whatsapp boost of a billion users most of which is from android

All Google do is pre install allo on android os and put allo in playstore front page and say "best IM app so far from Google inc. Remove whatsapp from top apps and replace it with allo u will be surprised with the numbers of downloads in less than a year grin.

This app has what it takes "simple and loaded", to that boring whatsapp "only emojis" what does not have emojis even my keyboard.

After seeing this allo i don even hate whatsapp sef undecided
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by encryptjay(m): 1:16am On Sep 26, 2016
yusfatedeeprof:
Uhmm, i think this is what IM's should look like, just saying. Whatsapp is too plain abeg, makes chatting boring sometimes. No stickers, nothing interesting just kip writing sad

After allo na allo o, i don port. kiss

Nna, how many contacts you get for Allo?
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by yusfatedeeprof(m): 1:30am On Sep 26, 2016
encryptjay:

Nna, how many contacts you get for Allo?
That's it, it will take time. U don't expect allo to takeover from mighty whatsapp in months.
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by DjAndroid: 6:35am On Sep 26, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

Google gat what it takes...what do you think??

Then why is Google+ not popular after many years of existence. Despite the fact that all android users have Google+ by default.
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 8:01am On Sep 26, 2016
DjAndroid:

Then why is Google+ not popular after many years of existence. Despite the fact that all android users have Google+ by default.
You think google plus is not popular??

Yes google plus is not popular in Nigeria but its doing good...
As a blogger I share my post and get traffic...
Google plus don help me bro

Okay lemme ask you..

Between Google search engine and facebook which is more useful to the world?
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by chigozie391(m): 8:43am On Sep 26, 2016
mylora:
This could be a fall back for those class of phones whatsapp wanna render useless come 31st Dec. Let's see how it goes tho
its still only available for android and ios users

1 Like

Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by lanre316: 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2016
KvnqPrezo:
You cant tell
He forgot or didn't know about the history of Nokia and Motorola.
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2016
lanre316:

He forgot or didn't know about the history of Nokia and Motorola.
Lolz even 2go...would you ever agree that 2go will die??

1 Like

Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by somehowpenis(m): 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

You think google plus is not popular??

Yes google plus is not popular in Nigeria but its doing good...
As a blogger I share my post and get traffic...
Google plus don help me bro

Okay lemme ask you..

Between Google search engine and facebook which is more useful to the world?
Google search engine is a SEARCH ENGINE, facebook is a SOCIAL NETWORK, two different things.. this Allo app is a not even popular phase that will fade out in weeks, I already uninstalled mine, kept it for 3days not a single friend on there.. deleted.
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2016
somehowpenis:
Google search engine is a SEARCH ENGINE, facebook is a SOCIAL NETWORK, two different things.. this Allo app is a not even popular phase that will fade out in weeks, I already uninstalled mine, kept it for 3days not a single friend on there.. deleted.

You can't say the app will fade out...
I believe that some people also uninstalled whatsapp when it was newly launched but they must have installed it back...
it will happen to you...lol
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by somehowpenis(m): 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

You can't say the app will fade out...
I believe that some people also uninstalled whatsapp when it was newly launched but they must have installed it back...
it will happen to you...lol
same shii was said about hangout and also g+ .
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by KvnqPrezo(m): 9:33pm On Sep 26, 2016
somehowpenis:
same shii was said about hangout and also g+ .
lets watch
Re: Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! by newspapers: 1:24am On Oct 01, 2016
Saw same on http://www.techsonite.com/google-allo-google-allo-download-android-features/

Well, lets all watch and see what Allo brings to the table.

Whatsapp has exercise itself an an authority which is going to a decade now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nokia Forum(all About Ur Nokia Fone) / Iphone 6 Coming Out Soon!!! / Why I Can't Browse With My Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.