Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Web Programmer Needed For A Contract Job - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / Web Programmer Needed For A Contract Job (1611 Views)

Professional Python & Java Programmer Needed For A Big Contract Job / Contract Job: Software/application Developers / Mobile App Writer Wanted For A Contract Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Programmer Needed For A Contract Job by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 21, 2006
A seasoned web programmer is needed for a web application project. The programmer must have relevant experience in web design and/or scripting and a neat coding style. Programmer must be prepared to work on-site i.e Lagos

Job Description: Web Programmer
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 10 weeks
Project Description: Customized Web-Based Multilevel Network Marketing Management Application

To indicate interest, send an email to enquiries@blueinterface.net with the subject "MLM Project", indicating the following:

1. Full Name
2. Telephone number
3. Preferred Programming Language
4. Educational Qualifications
5. List of previous projects executed

proof with sample of work would be an added advantage.
Re: Web Programmer Needed For A Contract Job by my2cents(m): 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2006
gridlock,

I dunno if you have gotten any responses yet, but either way, there are tons of webmasters listed at www.webmastersofafrica.com (WOA). Check it out. Rather than post here (or other places) and wait forever for a response (many atimes from pple who may end up not even qualifying), you could have found one, right in your neighborhood, within seconds at WOA cool

To the rest: As I have said, webmastersofafrica.com aims to be the #1 site for african webmasters and for clients looking for webmasters. It slowly is gaining momentum and I am confident that within a year's time, it will.

So, what are you waiting for? wink
Re: Web Programmer Needed For A Contract Job by El(m): 10:34am On Jan 04, 2007
I believe I sent you an email concerning this matter.
Re: Web Programmer Needed For A Contract Job by alexis(m): 3:43pm On Jan 04, 2007
will like to work on this but can't work onsite
Re: Web Programmer Needed For A Contract Job by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2007
It seems that, there are only a few web programmers around who are interested. I have only got a few responses and i was wondering, does the job sound too tough or too small?
Re: Web Programmer Needed For A Contract Job by alexis(m): 11:11am On Jan 05, 2007
Gridlock,

I can take the job if I can work offsite.
Re: Web Programmer Needed For A Contract Job by Afam(m): 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2007
No serious or experienced web programmer will be willing to work onsite for any project unless the price is well worth it.

In this technological age I do not believe you need to tie people to a particular location to get any job done especially if it is online unless you are ready to pay heavily for it.

As regards how hard or easy the job is, any good web programmer can work on any project regardless of the tools the programmer is comfortable with, after all it is all about inserting, updating/modifying or deleting data and the level of priviledges.

Good luck.
Re: Web Programmer Needed For A Contract Job by boraddo(m): 6:01pm On Jan 08, 2007
Gridlock:

It seems that, there are only a few web programmers around who are interested. I have only got a few responses and i was wondering, does the job sound too tough or too small?

my friend sent u a mail like a month ago, u didnt even reply him,
Re: Web Programmer Needed For A Contract Job by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2007
In response to your replies: the project is expected to start off in the third week in January, so i want to get all the responses i can.

Okay, this is the deal: the project is quite large but the client wants it like yesterday. I made a suggestion to my boss to get someone on contract to assist and he put the responsibility of finding somebody on my head. By onsite, i meant you have to show your face physically. If the person wont work on-site (Lagos)

1.) How do I know that whoever it is can do what he says he can do?
2.) How do I combine his code with mine on the project? [deploying CVS for a 3-man webdev job is pretty silly]
2.) How does he get paid (legally)?

Just running them thru my head. For those who have already contacted me, i will send you an email shortly. Thanks.
Re: Web Programmer Needed For A Contract Job by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2007
For those who sent emails, i have replied them, check your emails. And please give me feedback, I am open to ideas.

@alexis, I wouldn't have minded but the project is not online. It is web-based, yes, but it will run from a standalone server in a company.
Re: Web Programmer Needed For A Contract Job by El(m): 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2007
Good day sir. Please I would like information on the MLM project as thus;
1. The renumeration: how much have you decided to pay developers.
2. I am based in PortHarcourt, are you prepared to cater for my accomodation for the duration of the project? If not, please let me know so I could make alternative arrangements in time.
3. How can you be certain that an 'MLM', web application can be completed in three months?
4. When does it kick off?
5. Do you have a clear understanding of what the client needs? ie a Software Requirement Specification Document?

Please I would like a reply ASAP if possible today so I could determine which way forward.Thanx.
Re: Web Programmer Needed For A Contract Job by okmich: 3:29pm On Jan 16, 2007
Please show us the technology you are intending to use for the project.

Are planning on the technology after you see interested persons. Whichever way, I think I can be available for team work. But I don't know anybody in Lagos.

Michael
Re: Web Programmer Needed For A Contract Job by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 22, 2007
Sorry guys, Someone has already been selected. Thanks for the replies, anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Forum Software Development - Joint The Team / Good Web Application Developer Is Wanted Urgently / Highly Experienced Software Developer SMS / Web Application needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.