Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,353 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd (2242 Views)

I Couldn't Hold My Tears Seeing This Picture. / Petlanders .... Say Hello To My New Puppy.. Pet Dog... / Meet Hulk, My 3-month Old GSD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by Tsongz(f): 7:15am On Sep 23, 2016
Got a 5 month old gsd on Wednesday, it's so aggressive that I couldn't touch it since they brought it, itz been locked inside a cage since then mere coming close to the cage will make him turn the cage upside down grin tamers in the house abeg help me

Had to zoom this picture from distance

Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by onisol766: 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
ahhh why nau
Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by DidiLove1: 1:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
She's only reacting with fear and anxiety to a new environment. Let her out of the cage and allow her explore and get used to her new surroundings. You don't need to tame her, she's a dog not a wild animal.

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by Tsongz(f): 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2016
DidiLove1:
She's only reacting with fear and anxiety to a new environment. Let her out of the cage and allow her explore and get used to her new surroundings. You don't need to tame her, she's a dog not a wild animal.
grin bro this one is ready to bite o
Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by EddyNumerouno(m): 3:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
Tsongz:

grin bro this one is ready to bite o
Open the cage, im sure it wont attack u, but be careful not to put ur hand into the cage in an attempt to bring it out...that will end up in a bite as u have invaded its personal space. Let it come out when it feels safe to do so.
U can also try baiting it out.
It is a gradual process, but it will learn to trust u, and pls dont beat it for any reason as u will destroy any trust u r tryn to build.

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by Dinocarex(m): 10:11pm On Sep 23, 2016
Tsongz:
Got a 5 month old gsd on Wednesday, it's so aggressive that I couldn't touch it since they brought it, itz been locked inside a cage since then mere coming close to the cage will make him turn the cage upside down grin tamers in the house abeg help me

Had to zoom this picture from distance

I have same problem with my Alsatian dog!!
That one nearly attacked me. Thank goodness for my other dog who came to my rescue!!

I'm tired of the dog!! Nairalanders!! Help us oo

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by derbybliz(m): 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2016
Op its jst adjusting to its environment....would u start partying if u go to a place u dnt have friends ?? Try to be a friend to ur dog, start by giving it treats(like bits of meat) to lure it out of its cage and place the food close to u, if possible at ur feet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by Tsongz(f): 6:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
derbybliz:
Op its jst adjusting to its environment....would u start partying if u go to a place u dnt have friends ?? Try to be a friend to ur dog, start by giving it treats(like bits of meat) to lure it out of its cage and place the food close to u, if possible at ur feet
smiley its adjusting little by little whenever I'm approaching it's cage it will start wagging his tail but whenever I wanna touch it NA WARNING SOUND HE DEY GIMME
to cut it short HE BECOMES MY FRIEND WHENEVER I'M WITH FOOD
Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by Coldplay007(f): 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2016
there are no ferocious/wicked dogs, just dumb owners... grin
you kept a 5 months old GSD locked up because you are scared it will bite you? it's obvious you don't know jack about dogs... I'm really wondering why you bought one..

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by Tsongz(f): 7:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
Coldplay007:
there are no ferocious/wicked dogs, just dumb owners... grin
you kept a 5 months old GSD locked up because you are scared it will bite you? it's obvious you don't know jack about dogs... I'm really wondering why you bought one..
grin e be like say u no know how big it is, bro one bite from this dog will take a very big chunk outta your arm grin its very aggressive and its very ready to bite
And talking about dogs bro, I av a 1 year old boerboel,2.3 year male rot and a beautiful female ekuke grin and I didn't buy them when they were puppies MINIMUM OF 3MONTH and it took me only 2 weeks to tame them at Maximum
Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by derbybliz(m): 8:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
Tsongz:

smiley its adjusting little by little whenever I'm approaching it's cage it will start wagging his tail but whenever I wanna touch it NA WARNING SOUND HE DEY GIMME
to cut it short HE BECOMES MY FRIEND WHENEVER I'M WITH FOOD

At least u are making process....try bringing him very close to u. Before u bring it food
Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by Tsongz(f): 8:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
derbybliz:

At least u are making process....try bringing him very close to u. Before u bring it food
I can come close to it when holding food but it won't allow me to touch him its gonna raise his jaw towards my hand with a scary threat sound with it's teeth opening
Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by derbybliz(m): 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
Tsongz:

I can come close to it when holding food but it won't allow me to touch him its gonna raise his jaw towards my hand with a scary threat sound with it's teeth opening

From ur posts its like u re standing wen u are with it, its not a good way to approach a new dog cuz it feels threatened. Maybe u sit down and dnt go to touch the head first

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by Tsongz(f): 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
derbybliz:

From ur posts its like u re standing wen u are with it, its not a good way to approach a new dog cuz it feels threatened. Maybe u sit down and dnt go to touch the head first
grin so that I won't be able to run when it attacks
Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by iheanyi40(m): 10:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
Tsongz:

lol, no b ya dog? U gats trust m na grin
Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by Laird(m): 10:43am On Sep 26, 2016
Please with caution give and win over the dog with food and don't loose the dog until you are sure the dog knows and trusts you.

My past family dog has been bitten me several timess and we had other dogs and other breeds too

The last bite 2001 dog was later sold by Mum

Take care
Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by derbybliz(m): 5:04pm On Sep 26, 2016
Tsongz:

That's another issue...Running from a dog triggers its predatory mindset. for starters just take it bit by bit
Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by Tsongz(f): 11:05am On Oct 07, 2016
grin now my pal, dunno he's so friendly
Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by Tsongz(f): 11:06am On Oct 07, 2016
grin we cool now, no more barking at me, no more growling now friendly
Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by derbybliz(m): 7:53pm On Oct 13, 2016
Tsongz:
grin we cool now, no more barking at me, no more growling now friendly

Congrats Bro..
Re: Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd by BomboyOnline: 10:03pm On Oct 13, 2016
Tsongz:
grin now my pal, dunno he's so friendly

Good job.

(1) (Reply)

Long Hair Litter Announcement - PUPS NOW IN LOVING NEW HOMES / Please What Breed Of Dog Is This / Veterinary Doctors In Port Harcourt | Contact Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.