Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Trump Campaign Coordinator Resigns In Disgrace After Racist, Anti-obama Tirade - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Campaign Coordinator Resigns In Disgrace After Racist, Anti-obama Tirade (590 Views)

Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack / Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister / David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Campaign Coordinator Resigns In Disgrace After Racist, Anti-obama Tirade by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 23, 2016
A Trump campaign coordinator, Kathy Miller, was forced to resign on Thursday after The Guardian published an interview in which she said racism was nonexistent “until Obama got elected.”It’s the latest evidence that Donald Trump’s phony minority outreach effort is failing miserably.

Miller, chair of the Trump campaign in Ohio’s Mahoning County,said:I don’t think there was any racism until Obama got elected. We never had problems like this … Now, with
the people with the guns, and shooting up neighborhoods
and not being responsible citizens, that’s a big change,
and I think that’s the philosophy that Obama has
perpetuated on America. And if you’re black and you
haven’t been successful in the last 50 years, it’s your own
fault …When do they take responsibility for how they
live?Her comments aren’t just offensive – though pretty unsurprising given how many Trump supporters subscribe to this bigotry – but they are also firmly rooted in a version of reality that exists only in the minds of those who support the Republican nominee.It’s an alternate reality where the African-American community is, as Trump now says repeatedly, riddled with uneducated, violent, and
impoverished people. It’s a dystopian fantasy meant to appeal to people’s worst instincts.It’s obvious that racism existed not just before Obama’s presidency,
but before he was even born. And it’s certainly true that bigotry has often reared its ugly head during his two terms.
What this disgraced Trump official doesn’t seem to understand, at least not publicly, is why bigotry and prejudice have surfaced under
Obama. It’s not because he has done anything blatantly racist. It’s certainly not because he has incited racism or made offensive comments directed at white people.
Obama’s attitude or governing style hasn’t been motivated by a bias toward one race or another. Instead, it is the reaction by many,including Trump himself, to this president’s existence that has made race such a relevant issue.Questioning Obama’s legitimacy, his patriotism, his birthplace, his religion – these racially motivated attacks are things that have,indeed, happened under this president. But is it people like Donald Trump and Kathy Miller who have perpetuated them.
Re: Trump Campaign Coordinator Resigns In Disgrace After Racist, Anti-obama Tirade by vedaxcool(m): 7:37am On Sep 23, 2016
But ipork and some mentally lazy & deplorable Nigerians will lick trump feet without anyone asking.
Re: Trump Campaign Coordinator Resigns In Disgrace After Racist, Anti-obama Tirade by Lucasbalo(m): 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
vedaxcool:
But ipork and some mentally lazy & deplorable Nigerians will lick trump feet without anyone asking.
You are exactly correct my man. The ipork as you correctly named them do they even ask why the racists and white nationalists are supporting The Racist Tramp. They belong to the same club. The Klans wears white robes while the covertly bigoted Tramp wears suits but the lapdogs don't care. I am still scratching my head over the reason an Antelope will support a Lion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Campaign Coordinator Resigns In Disgrace After Racist, Anti-obama Tirade by armyofone(m): 10:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
Spoiler alerts grin
If his wife can be kicked off to the corner, who are you to come say what is on your mind at this stage kinda thing. Anyway, he is leading in Iowa what do you say?
I doubt HC can win this election...it is a man's world you know.

Lucasbalo:
You are exactly correct my man. The ipork as you correctly named them do they even ask why the racists and white nationalists are supporting The Racist Tramp. They belong to the same club. The Klans wears white robes while the covertly bigoted Tramp wears suits but the lapdogs don't care. I am still scratching my head over the reason an Antelope will support a Lion.
Re: Trump Campaign Coordinator Resigns In Disgrace After Racist, Anti-obama Tirade by Lucasbalo(m): 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
armyofone:
Spoiler alerts grin
If his wife can be kicked off to the corner, who are you to come say what is on your mind at this stage kinda thing. Anyway, he is leading in Iowa what do you say?
I doubt HC can win this election...it is a man's world you know.

You can doubt all you want. 8 years ago haters are doubting a black man becoming US President. Fair minded Americans don't want a racist to be our symbol.

(1) (Reply)

Russia Sanctions? Trump Says US Needs To ‘get On With Our Lives’ Instead / Trump Orders All Political Ambassadors Appointed By Obama To Leave By Inaugurati / State Department Blocks Transfer Of Funds To Palestinian Authority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.