Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden (64751 Views)

Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) / Boy Falls Off Palm Tree And Dies In Anambra (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by PrinceEvolution(m): 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2016
wa gbayi oshey omobanke..if dem dry diz thing eehnnn and use am nack vegetable or correct egusi for u..my italian friends go say na ORGASMO!!!!!LOLZZZZZ..ITUN STATE OF MIND ACTIVATED.. grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
sorextee:
Thank you very much.. This kind thing scarce for maiduguri here... cry

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by PrinceEvolution(m): 7:03pm On Sep 23, 2016
BROTHER I DON SIGHT U HERE..PROUDLY IYEN EKITI KETE...ITUN MY DAD CAN KILL 4 IT..IYAN ATI EGUSI DRIED WITH EWE AMUNI TUTUN..THANK ME LATER...HUMMMM NOSTALGIA!!!!
Thryphosa:
Ekiti people don't joke with this, Itun is so tasty and goes well with palm wine. proudly Ikoro-Ekiti indigene.
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by armadeo(m): 7:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
ishiamu:
rabish na everything una go eat one day una go eat sacrifice for the gods

Dude that's edible worm. Look at th he size of those things .

Men they would fry themselves with thier own oil. Just garnish it with salt and pepper. Get fresh palm palmwine to go with it.

Men lucky dude.

2 Likes

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by lilreese: 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
Eww
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by stagger: 7:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
handysuzy:
The economic situation of the nation will make Nigerian to eat even faeces

I believe there was a time spoken of in the bible when the Assyrians blockaded the kingdom of Israel for 3 years and things got so bad people were eating their own children.

Hope we never get there.
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by freecocoa(f): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2016
Vince77:

For me, snail is the best meat ever.

Prob is that its too expensive.
Hmm, I just think it's really dirty, but, to each his own.
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by freecocoa(f): 7:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
Rozaystunna:
OK suite yourself you don't know what you're missing
Nah, I'm sure I'm not missing anything.
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by aamstih: 7:33pm On Sep 23, 2016
We call it Nten!
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
still wondering why I have never eaten this thing, it's very common in my area, maybe it's because of the sight
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Vince77(m): 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
freecocoa:
Hmm, I just think it's really dirty, but, to each his own.

True
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Vince77(m): 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2016
Rozaystunna:
OK suite yourself you don't know what you're missing

Can u miss what u dont like?
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by handysuzy(f): 7:47pm On Sep 23, 2016
VajanahDischaj:
physics not faeces

Are you freaking kidding me? shocked

1 Like

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by rezzy: 7:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
sanandreas:
Sapele people would understand. It goes with kpokpo garri. Simply delicious.

You head dey there. I ate it last when I was young.

1 Like

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by solpat(m): 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
Edible worm. I loved it until I finally ate a rotten set sold to me by those heartless hawkers on Amukpe roundabout in Sapele. From that day, I swore never to taste it again angry angry
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by gulfer: 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
Rozaystunna:
you ll die of envy tekino man
Who's braying
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by ifeomaekol(f): 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
Nawa ooooo, things we humans eat.
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by tit(f): 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
i have eaten them raw in the bush.

aaaaarghhh
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by delors(m): 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
Mehn...ate these worms back in them days as a kid in d village. Tasty esp with dry garri and cold water....no other lunch beats thst
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by glossy6(f): 10:01pm On Sep 23, 2016
Mrsprof:
Yea, it's very tasty. Used to eat it those days anytime we travel down to villa,when we were much younger. I don't even know where to buy the raw one so I can preper it my way.

Den flenty for Agbara
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by chucklejjs: 10:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
ds is silkworms.....nutritious and medicinal

1 Like

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by winnah(f): 12:31am On Sep 24, 2016
SweetJoystick:
Smh na termite you no know the English name?
Oga shout up that is not termite, condom block your eye? Or you just want your voice to be heard if so you welcome. No offence please. But it's edible worm gotten from decayed palm tree. In anambra state, it's a sweet delicacy often use with palm win.
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by coolhumble(m): 12:51am On Sep 24, 2016
Delicious tongue In ondo state we call it okoka, the second one which Is sweeter but a little.smaller than this we call it itun grin
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Mom007(f): 12:52am On Sep 24, 2016
mecussey:

Very taste, after the worm stage, they will start growing feathers and turning to black like cockroach, that one is even more taste. I tell pple, if you wish to extend your life span, eat living things and not dead things. Eat living plants, and living animal. Living i meant could be 24hrs dead, the cells will still be fresh by then.
Brother, how can you put tasty and cockroach in the same sentence? That's just disgusting! Over!
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Monocrotophos: 3:00am On Sep 24, 2016
SweetJoystick:
Smh na termite you no know the English name?
its not termites they are grub (larval) of a particular beetle i hav forgotten the name of the particular species. they like laying their eggs on dead bark of trees especially this tree. they are highly nutritious too. in case of strandedness, scientist advice to eat beetle as one of the safest non toxic source of energy to prevent starvation. e. g. beetles as the above.
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by giftiy(m): 7:10am On Sep 24, 2016
This is elder brother of toilet Magot.
Handsomecole:
Yesterday, we have a home Garden where we practice mixed cropping which yields various crops from vegetables ( Ugu,water leaf, bitter leaf,etc) orange, pawpaw, Yam, pear, etc. I would still come up with a full article on the garden which we've had in over 15 years and has become very useful to us especially in this time of recession. Sorry guys, let me not digress from the major reason of the post while trying to uproot the an already dead palm tree stem from our home Garden. We found this, although I know about them very well and I have also tasted them, I buy them from mostly highway hawkers especially when travelling to far places, but I don't know the name. But it's very tasty and nutritious.

In IGBO language I think it's called "apa nsi nsi". We found a huge number of them and we fried and garnished it it onions, sliced pepper and tomatoes.

My Samsung S6 Edge was also on ground to do justice to the photographs.

Enjoy...
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Humulity: 7:35am On Sep 24, 2016
Had eaten a lot of this as child. Very delicious and nutricious. Called "Akpa" in my Igbo dialect. Has about four specie I know of;
1 - Akpa Agbugbo - from Goat Pen.
2 - Akpa Nkwu - from dead Palm tree
3 - Akpa Ngwo - from dead Ngow tree
4 - Akpa Aku oyibo - from dead Cocoanut tree.

Lot of it on sale daily along Nnewi/Oba express way off Onitsha/Owerri Express way.

More nutritious and healthy than mixed flour(burger and family).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by momove4real25(f): 8:15am On Sep 24, 2016
I love grub. Very sweet. Kokoro ipe d other one is itun. One can find it along Ijebu ode- Benin ore expressway
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Rozaystunna(m): 9:02am On Sep 24, 2016
Vince77:

Can u miss what u dont like?
yea
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by mecussey(m): 9:13am On Sep 24, 2016
Mom007:

Brother, how can you put tasty and cockroach in the same sentence? That's just disgusting! Over!

Bro go china...Cockroach na better food
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by brojoshua: 10:04am On Sep 24, 2016
Edible palm tree's maggot, pupa and larva. They are very sweet in the village
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Perceptor(m): 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2016
fsb:
Rhino beetle larvae....they are rich in protein
Ar u a zoologist?
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Perceptor(m): 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2016
armadeo:

Dude that's edible worm. Look at th he size of those things .

Men they would fry themselves with thier own oil. Just garnish it with salt and pepper. Get fresh palm palmwine to go with it.

Men lucky dude.
U knw hw d rubbish inside d insect is removed before frying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish / Guitarfish Caught By Fishermen In Lagos Lagoon This Morning (Photos) / WARNING: Front Page Hijacking No Longer Allowed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.