Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS (23744 Views)

Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria / Not All Young Men Are Yahoo Boys - Dolapo Badmus Writes Open Letter To SARS / Offiial: FRSC Officials Authorised To Carry Fire Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by sinceraconcept(m): 9:32am On Sep 24, 2016
omojoshy:
Let the continue killing innocent people, we shall all face the judgement of God one day.
dey wait for judgement of God o,no act fast now. Nigerians with attaching everything with religion
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Mcowubaba: 9:32am On Sep 24, 2016
alezzy13:
We are condemning SARs, but in fairness to them they've really tried in curbing crime. I clearly recall how armed robbers almost rendered an area no go, but for SARs.

SARs are the only outfit I know that will combat armed robbers fire for fire. Those yeye blue/black police go run away. but they should check ttheir excesses sha
SARS is useless....
The have done more harm than Good....
The are bunch of hooligans and street urchins
Same with Mobile police, these group of humans should be in extinction, the are absolutely useless

1 Like

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by sinceraconcept(m): 9:34am On Sep 24, 2016
They must be laughing at the IG right now. Sars dey hear word? Sars are always high on weed,they're armed robbers in uniform. Nigeria is a zoo.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Izonpikin: 9:41am On Sep 24, 2016
Cutehector:
He should not tell them, he should use one erring policeman as a deterrent to others. Only then will the rest obey
correct comment...We all know our force is all about talk and don't do....

Our police can't even be stopped from collecting bribes on the way is it SARS killing suspects that they want to stop??...
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by lowkey0147: 9:45am On Sep 24, 2016
armadeo:

Really. So thier brutal acts should be tolerated because they manage to stop a few robbers.
not totally but at least give them some credits...not everyone will like to venture into that kind of work

1 Like

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 24, 2016
I'm pretty sure they would never adhere to instructions. But ain't we deceiving ourselves in Nigeria?
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by AntiZombie: 10:07am On Sep 24, 2016
watchful:
Oga I.g u need to visit Awkuzu SARS to ce for urs self how they are selling human parts , because they ar sars, and in their cell one if they torture u with their stylish turning offside town and blood gushing out of ur nose and mouth by then u most admit DAT u have guns even if u never touch gun in ur entire life,

heard those guys r seriously involved in that dirty biz
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by dacovajnr: 10:11am On Sep 24, 2016
SARS? Forget about them..they are very deadly and they're the perfect definition of EVIL!..They kill Ceaselessly and still end up making Money from the Body parts of the Victims by storing up the body Somewhere for Potential customers for pickup...Even Bones are for Sale undecided undecided undecided
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by ifewise(m): 10:11am On Sep 24, 2016
The fear of SARS is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by adook1: 10:26am On Sep 24, 2016
EVERY SARS OPERATIVE IS A MURDERER,THATS THEIR STOCK
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by youngsahito(m): 10:26am On Sep 24, 2016
do anybody have any idea of how I can join SARS?
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Themandator: 10:44am On Sep 24, 2016
kuuljay:
SARS!!! Civilians dread them even more than the robbers, dirty looking people who think they are above the law... one of them knocked somebody's car from behind and when the young man complained he went to his trunk and pulled out an AK47 not knowing the other person and his friend were soldiers,they quickly disarmed him and started beating him, I jumped down from my car and joined in the beating because that particular guy is known for harassing people in the area.

cool grin tongue
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Themandator: 10:48am On Sep 24, 2016
Mcowubaba:

SARS is useless....
The have done more harm than Good....
The are bunch of hooligans and street urchins
Same with Mobile police, these group of humans should be in extinction, the are absolutely useless

Mobile policeman too?
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by charles009(m): 10:52am On Sep 24, 2016
Some 10 years ago, one babe reported us say we dey dope. Na im sars come our room. Open the door. As we dey open door. oboy see knocking with gun. They carry us reach SARS awkuzu keep us. Later we fall out. I spotted one face, cos he as the one wey swear him must Bleep me up cos I used crush words.

After 6 months, devil do am back, but time I dey prepare service, we see am for bad nkoro only am with woman, chineke me, we carry am site. drill am potopoto, my hommie vex blast the idiot belle.

bunch of idiots.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by shugaboy6102(m): 11:09am On Sep 24, 2016
sunmike065:
I
could remembered the last time they came to arrest me in 2013 simply because a friend mine bought a stolen blackberry from a guy that as once live in my compound b4 but later moved to
ikorodu area in lagos, when they arrested the guy and asked him to provide the guy that he bought the phone from after intimidating and treat to his life out of fear he told them that he doesnt know where the guy moved to because he had relocated from his previous house. but he as a friend who knows his shop which is ME,

suddenly the guy brought SARS to my home with his hand curved already,

the SARS guy explain their reason for coming to my house and I asked him if the guy said I was d one who sold the phone to him he said No but he claimed that I knew the guy shop after then he flashed me Gun and said if I do anyhow I go see anyhow, immediately I calmed as I no wan die..lol

he search my room found nothing but my money which he pocketed and he also saw two laptops he drop one and told me plainly that I should keep one and his taking d second along with him for his personal used, then hand curved me with the guy and took us away to their office at SARS Ikeja,

after then they asked me to call the guy to confirm where he was which I did and the guy said is in his shop in Oshodi, after two hours they took me to Oshodi we met the guy in his shop and the SARS guy explain to him what transpired, that was where we learnt that d guy also bought it from one of his customer too because he sells cloths.

our initial agreement was that I will be released unconditionally immediately I lead them to arrest the guy my people only to realised I spent three days in their Cell with surplus begging b4 they could grant my bail with 30k including the money the SARS guy packed from my houz and my laptop.

Abeg, help me to identify the real thief btwn Me, the Guy that bought stolen phone or a Police official that came to my house to take away money and my laptop without returning it back to me?

After I came out thinking of my experienced, as'n I mean is it a crime again for providing security agent a useful information? come to think of the way they wasted life's, treated people like animals by putting almost 50 people in just a single cell and many things like that it almost affect me Mentally.

since then I gave up on this country and divert my plan to leaving the country which I finally achieved.

you wont know how important you are been a human being until u leave Naija, those who have been outside b4 will understand what I mean.

#onlytherichgetjusticeinnaija
am really sorry u had to go through something like this.those sars officers won't ever find peace in this life.this is one of the reasons y i just want to join the Army and i pray God helps me cos i will take down many of this criminal element?

2 Likes

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by shugaboy6102(m): 11:10am On Sep 24, 2016
sunmike065:
I
could remembered the last time they came to arrest me in 2013 simply because a friend mine bought a stolen blackberry from a guy that as once live in my compound b4 but later moved to
ikorodu area in lagos, when they arrested the guy and asked him to provide the guy that he bought the phone from after intimidating and treat to his life out of fear he told them that he doesnt know where the guy moved to because he had relocated from his previous house. but he as a friend who knows his shop which is ME,

suddenly the guy brought SARS to my home with his hand curved already,

the SARS guy explain their reason for coming to my house and I asked him if the guy said I was d one who sold the phone to him he said No but he claimed that I knew the guy shop after then he flashed me Gun and said if I do anyhow I go see anyhow, immediately I calmed as I no wan die..lol

he search my room found nothing but my money which he pocketed and he also saw two laptops he drop one and told me plainly that I should keep one and his taking d second along with him for his personal used, then hand curved me with the guy and took us away to their office at SARS Ikeja,

after then they asked me to call the guy to confirm where he was which I did and the guy said is in his shop in Oshodi, after two hours they took me to Oshodi we met the guy in his shop and the SARS guy explain to him what transpired, that was where we learnt that d guy also bought it from one of his customer too because he sells cloths.

our initial agreement was that I will be released unconditionally immediately I lead them to arrest the guy my people only to realised I spent three days in their Cell with surplus begging b4 they could grant my bail with 30k including the money the SARS guy packed from my houz and my laptop.

Abeg, help me to identify the real thief btwn Me, the Guy that bought stolen phone or a Police official that came to my house to take away money and my laptop without returning it back to me?

After I came out thinking of my experienced, as'n I mean is it a crime again for providing security agent a useful information? come to think of the way they wasted life's, treated people like animals by putting almost 50 people in just a single cell and many things like that it almost affect me Mentally.

since then I gave up on this country and divert my plan to leaving the country which I finally achieved.

you wont know how important you are been a human being until u leave Naija, those who have been outside b4 will understand what I mean.

#onlytherichgetjusticeinnaija
am really sorry u had to go through something like this.those sars officers won't ever find peace in this life.this is one of the reasons y i just want to join the Army and i pray God helps me cos i will take down many of this criminal element?its well
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 24, 2016
sars are full of shiít,they are the real robbers

1 Like

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Doghari: 11:16am On Sep 24, 2016
Dullhari must love SARS, they are one of the groups who don't believe in going to court before killing people.

Anyway, in Biafra the justice system will be very formidable, unlike the Zoo.

1 Like

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by shugaboy6102(m): 11:17am On Sep 24, 2016
kingvectorv:
Hahahaha... No b only authorize to kill

People wey if dey catch you dey no go hear say I no join dey don fire you
that's y when criminals see them they kill them @ sight.that's Y they die like chickens.
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Silvereze(m): 11:44am On Sep 24, 2016
Will Nigeria ever get better...,... All our institutions are corrupt. Even our leaders are corrupt. We are in big problem, because with the kind of Law enforcement agencies we have in Nigeria, our life is not secure. God Save us
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2016
iliyande:
The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has warned the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) operatives against torture and extra-judicial killings, saying no policeman in the world had the right or authority to kill crime suspects.

Mr. Idris admonished the SARS personnel to always respect the right of every Nigerian, noting that this was the way they could change the negative public perception about them.

Addressing SARS operatives and their commanders from various state commands at the Force Headquarters on Thursday in Abuja, the IG, in a veiled reference to the Amnesty International’s criticism of the squad, stated that the policemen had a lot to do to correct the public perception that they did not follow due process in their operations.

He said that the squad would undergo retraining and restructuring, adding that the civil society organisations would be involved in the revamping process to contribute to the training programme.

Mr. Idris stated that the squad would have an intelligence arm to assist with intelligence gathering, stressing that the SARS’ operation would be intelligence-led, henceforth.

According to the IG, the operatives would be issued new badges and placed under state Commissioners of Police, while those in Abuja and Lagos would be under the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of operations.

He warned against the use of excessive force and reckless use of firearms, which he said could cause public panic.

He said: “You should respect the constitutional right of every Nigerian; you don’t have authority to take lives, you don’t have authority to change a civil case to a criminal case, you don’t have the right to torture suspects.

“You should conduct yourself to the admiration of the people. Don’t portray yourself as a demon. SARS is not devilish; you have to change the face of SARS by handling cases justly. Don’t turn the complainant into a criminal. You have to be sincere in dealing with the public.”

http://aitonline.tv/post-you_are_not_authorised_to_kill__ig_tells_sars

Complete nonsense.
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Kjnwancaro: 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2016
Princedapace:
I was in a community last year and some robbers no let us hear word for months.... the thing became too much, they invited soldiers.. they came and did usual gra gra... nothing chanaged much..

then, SARS was invited and within weeks, results started rolling in... Community calm by force. Those guys are really feared. I dont know if they use juju. They usually match robbers wella. They
are wicked too. I dont ever wish to av anything to do with SARS but they av dealt wit robbers badly.

Call soldiers for robbers? I wonder when Nigerians will decipher the difference btw a solder and a police man. Soldiers has nothing to do with thieves they're trained for war, to fight terrorist. If a soldier arrests a thief he has to hand the thief over to the police.

1 Like

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by DifferentBoy1(m): 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2016
I like what I'm hearing
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Princedapace(m): 1:04pm On Sep 24, 2016
Kjnwancaro:

Call soldiers for robbers? I wonder when Nigerians will decipher the difference btw a solder and a police man. Soldiers has nothing to do with thieves they're trained for war, to fight terrorist. If a soldier arrests a thief he has to hand the thief over to the police.

That is how it is meant to b but in Nigeria, they are always called! How many mopol do we have? How many SARS do we av? How many combat ready policemen do we av? We don't av enough that is why they keep calling on soldiers. We don't av much business wit military might becus our biggest problem is internal insecurity but our govt still spend so much on arm forces than police institution which is not proper. Even the French terrorist attack was handled by the police. Even the German attack was handled by police. We need proper investment in police. We need to stop seeing soldiers in our streets. They call soldiers sef for cultists for naija... SARS dey deliver but they are not many in Nigeria. We lack many combat ready police officers in naija
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 24, 2016
What have the police force done to csp James Nwafor who killed so many people while holding the post of OC SARS the in Anambara state. Who also frames people up to loot their funds.
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Kizyte(m): 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2016
willoski:
MY BROTHER SOMEBODY STOP YOU FOR ROAD ASK YOU WEATHER YOU NO SEE SAY THEM DEY ROAD YOU DEY DRIVE SPEED. THEN FORCE AND DELAY YOU SOTE YOU GIVE THEM 20000 NAIRA WAITIN YOU GO CALL THAT PERSON
The person na thief na
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Maximus85(m): 5:17pm On Sep 24, 2016
Nollywood should also be educated. Especially the Yorubanolly. Their crime stories are so lame and stupid. Once Mr A is found with a dead person, Mr A automatically becomes the killer.

Check this, I guy checked in a hotel with his babe. They slept and the next morning, the girl died. The guy called for help, a waiter comes in an the next statement is
"what did you do to her? "
"you have killed her"
Even when the police comes, they will say the same thing.

Now so many accident Victims would have been saved if people are not scared of being called killers and arrested.

Next are those useless hospitals That Won't treat people brought in on emergencies. They will be asking for hospital card when someone is dying.

Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Samuelakoji(m): 7:09pm On Sep 24, 2016
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by greatermax77(m): 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2016
I do not know why you people swallow this political talk from the IG hook line & sinker. For all I know he want to sound friendly to the publc hence the statement.
There are sections of police act that empower & guild police when to make use of firearm.
All over the world tuture can not be remove from interogation
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Codes151(m): 7:55pm On Sep 24, 2016
Please publish it o!!!! Those guys have lost it already
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by willoski(m): 3:15pm On Sep 25, 2016
jairusben:
bro u talk my mind..sars ph na sumtin else..if u see d way dem carry come my street ehn dey come carry young boys..which area u dey?
Agip estate for mile 4 my brother
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by jairusben(m): 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2016
willoski:
Agip estate for mile 4 my brother
orot..i dey ball doz area wen I dey around skul sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Godwin Moffat-Eyo Ex-NNDC Commissioner Jailed 3 Years For Stealing Transformers / EFCC Double-Crossed & Harassed Me In Ibadan - Twitter User (Photos) / Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.