Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? (13228 Views)

Buhari Introduces Startup Nigeria: How To Apply For It / N-power Salary Structure | How N-power Pay Workers / Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by hats: 1:47am On Sep 24, 2016
Hello,
I will soon launch my online company but I've been thinking of how much to pay the following
1) Customer service
2) Tech Guy
3) Advertiser
4) Operations manager
5) Accountant

Remember, we're just starting so paying huge sum of amount may not be possible as a startup. So how much do you think is decent enough to pay per month?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 24, 2016
pay to them what you think you can collect from someone else

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by Turks: 7:17am On Sep 24, 2016
Abeg drop link make I drop my CV cry

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by obiaguna(m): 7:17am On Sep 24, 2016
I wonder what type of start up founder you are if you are coming here to ask strangers for the salary range to pay your staff. It's funny really.

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by Coldfeet(f): 7:17am On Sep 24, 2016
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by Lordtrillion(m): 7:18am On Sep 24, 2016
Can't tell, you're in the best position to know your company's capital, worth & income including what their Jobs entails. Put yourself in their shoes & ask yourself how much you'll want to be paid based on the Job.
Since you're still starting up, I would advice you pay based on the percentage of profit from your Sales except you have loads of money to keep you going for the mean time wink
Nevertheless, I'd advice you merge some positions together since its still a startup instead of having different persons for each role.
Don't forget you'll need to pay them every month whether you make Profit or Loss grin grin

14 Likes

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by bigx(m): 7:19am On Sep 24, 2016
If you can't pay much why start with 5 people?

A lot of the roles there can easily be merged for a few months till the business makes money to pay something reasonable.

I know you want to start something that runs independent of you from the structure there but there's also no crime playing some of those roles too for the first few months as far as you have documented processes to hand them over as soon as you can afford.

It keeps you in sync with your business and also let's you correct any deficiencies in your initial processes.

29 Likes

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by telemapreye1(f): 7:19am On Sep 24, 2016
From 100k upwards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by dominique(f): 7:19am On Sep 24, 2016
We don't know how much disposable cash you have available. Just pay tell them what you can afford to and explain to them that you're just starting out and their wages will improve once the business picks.

2 Likes

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by Hadeyemy: 7:20am On Sep 24, 2016
obiaguna:
I wonder what type of start up founder you are if you are coming here to ask strangers for the salary range to pay your staff. It's funny really.

3 Likes

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by dexpotter(m): 7:21am On Sep 24, 2016
Take a feasibility study and see what your likely returns will be, that should make u decide how much you should pay them.
We can tell you how much when we don't know the likely returns of the biz.
What ever the case pay to others what you would gladly receive.

4 Likes

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by obontami: 7:21am On Sep 24, 2016
Turks:
Abeg drop link make I drop my CV cry
Sharp guy wink

1 Like

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by kaen1317: 7:22am On Sep 24, 2016
Look at what's obtainable in your industry and pay them accordingly or a little bit lower as a start-up. Worker commitment is key to success in any business.
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by erasergozy: 7:24am On Sep 24, 2016
Pay them what is obtainable in the industry, if you want to be the best do the best
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by nonjebose(m): 7:25am On Sep 24, 2016
Do u really have a plan at all? Btw, how do you expect us to advise based on a sketchy info. Okay, sorry, pay them from #100k upwards or #50k downwards. You see, it is neither here nor there

5 Likes

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by baconline(m): 7:25am On Sep 24, 2016
Make sure u have at least a year salary kept away before starting

5 Likes

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by Techpaded(f): 7:25am On Sep 24, 2016
According to ur pocket.

1 Like

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by Turks: 7:26am On Sep 24, 2016
No time.
obontami:

Sharp guy wink
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by AuroraB(f): 7:26am On Sep 24, 2016
dominique:
We don't know how much disposable cash you have available. Just pay tell them what you can afford to and explain to them that you're just starting out and their wages will improve once the business picks.
I didn't see Op excusing paying them well. Your latter assertion of 'paying them well when business picks' is uncalled for. Don't give this new entrepreneur this Nigerian -employer-mentality which we know too well, mbok sad

2 Likes

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by Emu4life(m): 7:26am On Sep 24, 2016
Ask google
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by kaboninc(m): 7:27am On Sep 24, 2016
hats:
Hello,
I will soon launch my online company but I've been thinking of how much to pay the following
1) Customer service
2) Tech Guy
3) Advertiser
4) Operations manager
5) Accountant

Remember, we're just starting so paying huge sum of amount may not be possible as a startup. So how much do you think is decent enough to pay per month?

Do you have a Financial Plan? If you don't I can help you prepare one and from the forecast you can be able to know what's feasible.

Shoot me a mail. My service is FREE!

2 Likes

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by beautiful232(f): 7:30am On Sep 24, 2016
firstly, check out how much your monthly,weekly,and daily profit would be
Then From they you will know how Much you can pay for the start
not too low not too high
when business grows
you can add up to their salaries

2 Likes

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by mysticgal(f): 7:30am On Sep 24, 2016
Op (hats) please could I apply for the position of an advertiser and how would I do so if possible.
Thank you and a pleasant morning to you

Ps kaboninc, the guy asking you to shoot him a mail is a professional in that field, trust me, the guy is good. So why not try him out smiley

3 Likes

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by bigx(m): 7:31am On Sep 24, 2016
kaboninc:

Do you have a Financial Plan? If you don't I can help you prepare one and from the forecast you can be able to know what's feasible.

Shoot me a mail. My service is FREE!

Are you an accountant?
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by AuroraB(f): 7:32am On Sep 24, 2016
baconline:
Make sure u have at least a year salary kept away before starting
Correct!!! Most start-ups dunno this. Like someone said before now, merge a few positions. I dunno your location, woulda suggest the Head, Operations man the Customer service unit for now. There isn't too many staff yet for him to manage undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by kaboninc(m): 7:33am On Sep 24, 2016
bigx:

Are you an accountant?

Aspiring to be!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Group Fresh Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / 6 Simple Mistakes That Can Sabotage Your Job Search. / Is It Fair To Ask The Employees To State The Amount To Be Paid During Interview?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.