Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

My Experience In Alaba International Market - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience In Alaba International Market (1253 Views)

Man Shot Dead In Front Of His Shop In Alaba (Graphic Photos) / My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) / Man Burnt To Death At Alaba Rago Park For Stealing Phone - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In Alaba International Market by gusco1531: 7:55am On Sep 24, 2016
It good day for my yesterday morning, till I steped out to get a 42inch TV for a friend who pleaded with me to help him purchase one, on getting to Alaba I entered a shop and the guy told me 42inches TV is 50k last price and when I was tryin to confirm from another one a guy walked up to me and said let me take you to where all these guys usually get the TV from and I then went with him.

On getting there d owner of the place insisted if I really want to buy that I should pay before testing and I said that's not possible in which he later accepted and the guy went downstairs and I confirmed the TV was good without looking at the TV very properly because the guy was just in a rush and I paid,reciept was issued out without even checking the reciept that it was written on it that it no testing.

The Man told one of his boys to carry the TV inother to take me to where i'll buy d the remote on getting to where we bought d remote I asked the guy about where to test the remote and he took me to another place where there are engineers and the engineer tested the TV and said the screen was bad and it was at this point I realized everything was a planned work by telling the boy to take me to where'll buy remote and as well take me to where to test the remote because they all work together

I then told the engineer that they should have told me, the guy now said they sell no testing in that place and they'll not collect it back from you in which he advised me to take the TV back to them inother the to change it and we went back and he accepted to give me another TV and the engineer was now telling me that it's better if the TV did not come Up at all than when it comes up,so the the Televison we picked which was a Toshiba didn't ON and the guy then started another Office on me by sayin he'll fix the power for 9k and after enough bargaining and shouting he said 6k5 thinking a bad guy he went and came back fixed the power and the TV was only but didn't show he then said I should follow him remove one panel from the TV and took me to another guy somewhere else and the guy said he'll fix it for 8k which he later accepted to fix for 4k by the time he fixed the panel and it placed in the system the TV showed and the screen had been broken inside and not from outside..it was at this point I went to meet one of my friend who is an igbo and the guy said those that deal with me are they upstaires and I said yes and as well ask are they yoruba and I said it was one Alhaji like that and he said na una people dey do am pass for here that they call them baranda that they'll buy bad TV clean it and wrapped it...

I returned the TV to the Man and he said I should pay another 22k to collect another good one...

Am not here to tarnish any tribe's Image but I realised igbo and yoruba does that and anybody could fall victim but what pissed me off most was when I was going I saw a bike who I told to take me to orile and he said 700naira and I accepted on our way going I saw an Army Cap infront of his bike so we were gisting and I told him my experience in Alaba and he said we should go there this morning to collect my money and he'll pic his own 2friends but the funniest thing is that after I gave him 1000naira to give me change he said he'll use the remaining 300naira to buy card to call me and went off before I could say anytyn and he does not have my number....
Re: My Experience In Alaba International Market by nas4q(m): 8:05am On Sep 24, 2016
Hmm
Re: My Experience In Alaba International Market by maxti: 8:19am On Sep 24, 2016
Another Hmmm
Re: My Experience In Alaba International Market by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:22am On Sep 24, 2016
cheesy those guys were really out to finish you grin even okada man cry grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Alaba International Market by villareal15(m): 8:45am On Sep 24, 2016
undecided
Re: My Experience In Alaba International Market by onward4life(m): 8:47am On Sep 24, 2016
gusco1531:
It good day for my yesterday morning, till I steped out to get a 42inch TV for a friend who pleaded with me to help him purchase one, on getting to Alaba I entered a shop and the guy told me 42inches TV is 50k last price and when I was tryin to confirm from another one a guy walked up to me and said let me take you to where all these guys usually get the TV from and I then went with him.

On getting there d owner of the place insisted if I really want to buy that I should pay before testing and I said that's not possible in which he later accepted and the guy went downstairs and I confirmed the TV was good without looking at the TV very properly because the guy was just in a rush and I paid,reciept was issued out without even checking the reciept that it was written on it that it no testing.

The Man told one of his boys to carry the TV inother to take me to where i'll buy d the remote on getting to where we bought d remote I asked the guy about where to test the remote and he took me to another place where there are engineers and the engineer tested the TV and said the screen was bad and it was at this point I realized everything was a planned work by telling the boy to take me to where'll buy remote and as well take me to where to test the remote because they all work together

I then told the engineer that they should have told me, the guy now said they sell no testing in that place and they'll not collect it back from you in which he advised me to take the TV back to them inother the to change it and we went back and he accepted to give me another TV and the engineer was now telling me that it's better if the TV did not come Up at all than when it comes up,so the the Televison we picked which was a Toshiba didn't ON and the guy then started another Office on me by sayin he'll fix the power for 9k and after enough bargaining and shouting he said 6k5 thinking a bad guy he went and came back fixed the power and the TV was only but didn't show he then said I should follow him remove one panel from the TV and took me to another guy somewhere else and the guy said he'll fix it for 8k which he later accepted to fix for 4k by the time he fixed the panel and it placed in the system the TV showed and the screen had been broken inside and not from outside..it was at this point I went to meet one of my friend who is an igbo and the guy said those that deal with me are they upstaires and I said yes and as well ask are they yoruba and I said it was one Alhaji like that and he said na una people dey do am pass for here that they call them baranda that they'll buy bad TV clean it and wrapped it...

I returned the TV to the Man and he said I should pay another 22k to collect another good one...

Am not here to tarnish any tribe's Image but I realised igbo and yoruba does that and anybody could fall victim but what pissed me off most was when I was going I saw a bike who I told to take me to orile and he said 700naira and I accepted on our way going I saw an Army Cap infront of his bike so we were gisting and I told him my experience in Alaba and he said we should go there this morning to collect my money and he'll pic his own 2friends but the funniest thing is that after I gave him 1000naira to give me change he said he'll use the remaining 300naira to buy card to call me and went off before I could say anytyn and he does not have my number....

Those guys dem don join frat finish. Them cannot mercy civilians...
Re: My Experience In Alaba International Market by Melahou(m): 8:56am On Sep 24, 2016
Am sure this is not the first time you have fallen victim to such.
Re: My Experience In Alaba International Market by antispexish(m): 10:57am On Sep 24, 2016
gusco1531:

kaii, remember my school says, I go just tell them my school and any attempt to play cunny will be suspended immediately.
Re: My Experience In Alaba International Market by fergieboy: 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
Organized scam.. grin

U get luck say u comot their..

Them for finish all your money lol
Re: My Experience In Alaba International Market by mejai(m): 10:06am On Sep 26, 2016
just a bad funny day. take heart dude. d bike guy part funny die.

(1) (Reply)

Beauty Queen Shot Dead By Men Who Bought Her Gifts. (photos) / Photos Of The Brothers Who Were Beheaded In Rivers Before Their Deaths. Graphic / At Least Three People Beheaded During A Cult Clash Today  (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.