Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

The Work Of Jesus On Earth Assigned By God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Work Of Jesus On Earth Assigned By God (436 Views)

What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) / DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Work Of Jesus On Earth Assigned By God by johntredon: 8:01am On Sep 24, 2016
Most Christians today believe that if a person doesn't believe that Jesus died on the cross for his/her sins, then there is not even the least chance for that person to enter Paradise.

Let us look at what Jesus said in John 17:1-10:

1. After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:
2. "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.
3. Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

4. I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do.

5. And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
6. "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.
7. Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you.
8. For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.
9. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.
10. All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them.

As we clearly see in John 17:4, Jesus declared the completion of his work that GOD Almighty had assigned to him on earth.

What were the work that God assigned to Jesus Christ on earth?
Re: The Work Of Jesus On Earth Assigned By God by johntredon: 6:48am On Sep 25, 2016
Jesus taught the very opposite of what Christianity teaches today. The purpose of Jesus’ mission was to preach the law, not to be crucified. He taught salvation came through observing the Law, and not by the ‘eloquent words’ of the later Church. Jesus declared in Matthew 5:17-20

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus came to uphold the Mosaic Law and restore its teachings which had been discarded; he never founded a new religion. The followers of Jesus regarded him as the ‘new Moses’ sent to the Children of Israel. Jesus declared he was only sent to the Jews.

(1) (Reply)

The Evil Judgement Of Yahweh Against The Yacobites / Awww! Checkout These 5 Cute Sons Of Nigerian Pastors / Why Does God Allow Deception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.