Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m (6400 Views)

Fashola Pays Glowing Tribute To 10 Slain Corps, Other Members. (pics) / FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members / Tears As Corpses Of Slain ‘corpers’ Leave Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by timbuktu1: 2:16pm On Oct 13, 2009
More at source

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=YAnam9K6NXZo3vz_5mpRjC6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxS_epmDBTa2BumlUxksQaU7nW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

Miss Adie's death was particularly galling to the people of Obudu because this was the third time such a thing is happening to them.

Mr. Ugbe, the council chairman, said she was the third indigene of Obudu to have been killed during the National Youth Service. Bizarrely, all the deaths occurred in Maiduguri.

"In 1973, a youth corps member was mobbed in the town for knocking down a pedestrian while riding a bicycle," Mr. Ugbe said. "About 15 years ago, a daughter of the famous Iklaki family in Obudu was dragged out of her room in Maiduguri and killed during a religious uprising. The death of Ushang Adie was, therefore, one death too many."

There would have been a total break-down of law and order in the town following the news of this latest death, were it not for the quick intervention of government officials who drafted policemen from Calabar to the community. The combined security team helped to cordon-off the quarters inhabited by northerners in Obudu.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 13, 2009
sooooo sad.

the family is right
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 13, 2009
They should take the 2 milla and move on.
Whatever happened to "one nigeria"? undecided
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 13, 2009
Too deaths,too many bad memories, What a country.?
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by udezue(m): 7:47pm On Oct 13, 2009
Nuzo,
are u serious? Is the girl worth 2 million to you? BTW 2 MILLION naira is less than $2000 so that is an insult. The girl's life is priceless.

Stupid government. So they sabi protect northerners from reprisal in Obudu but could not protect the poor woman and other youth corpers in the North.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by WilyWily: 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2009
Look a what dirty Stinking Northerners are doing, tell me the Sin of this lady.
Can any Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani tell me what is really wrong with their people.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2009
nuzo:

Nuzo no Calabar, Ibibio or Efik indigene deserve that coment from you.

Look back to the history of whatever sentiments you have and appologise accordingly.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by skfa1: 8:28pm On Oct 13, 2009
8,000 pounds sterling x 250 naira = 2 million naira

That is just total shittt right there, the point is that the girl is priceless.

The family should just leave the money and move on, the money cant bring back the girl
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by naijaking1: 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2009
Heart breaking embarassed.
Is this 2million paid by the accused or by the goverment to cover up the investigation? Why do we have to send southern youths to the north in the name of NYSC only for them to be killed
There is no reason to continue this NYSC as it is.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by skfa1: 8:32pm On Oct 13, 2009
naijaking1:

Heart breaking embarassed.
Is this 2million paid by the accused or by the goverment to cover up the investigation? Why do we have to send southern youths to the north in the name of NYSC only for them to be killed
There is no reason to continue this NYSC as it is.

Thank you my brother, well said. This NYSC should be cancelled, just a waste of time and at the end, graduate will not get a job, damn it angry
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by kinre: 8:51pm On Oct 13, 2009
nuzo abi wetin be ur name say na 2 million her mama and her papa spend to take send the gurl go university till she finish .no amount of moni is worth that gurls life ok .it is very disgusting to offer her family 2 million naira .money way one yeye politican fit steal in 10 secs .rubbish .i wonder when things will go right in nigeria
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by morpheus24: 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2009
The ony thing that will compensate is one dead northern NYSC student.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by mekuslogan: 9:40pm On Oct 13, 2009
Udezue,

2 million naira is far more than 2000 USD. It should be something like 10,000-12,000 USD

morpheus24:

Where you go see the hausa corper to kill? May be its even Kanuri (since the incidence took place in Maiduguri). How many of them go to school to begin with?
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by MrCrackles(m): 9:43pm On Oct 13, 2009
Blood money. .
Fuc.k the 2Million Naira!
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by presido1: 11:00pm On Oct 13, 2009
How are you people sure the 2milla will get to the family? The chairman is talking like a good man, give him that 2 milla to give the family and see if stories will not follow tomorrow.

May her gentle soul rest with the Lord.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Epiphany(m): 12:11am On Oct 14, 2009
nuzo:

Chei Nuzo, i hope this is a joke!
If to say na your sister die (GOD FORBID) will you accept the 2 milla and move on?
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by puskin: 12:40am On Oct 14, 2009
Please, ask him again.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by mamagee6(f): 12:55am On Oct 14, 2009
Money can't buy justice, throw the killer into jail. cool
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 14, 2009
udezue:

Nuzo,
are u serious? Is the girl worth 2 million to you? BTW 2 MILLION naira is less than $2000 so that is an insult. The girl's life is priceless.

Stupid government. So they sabi protect northerners from reprisal in Obudu but could not protect the poor woman and other youth corpers in the North.

Her life is of course priceless. However, Igbos have been told to move on after their brothers and sisters hav been killed in thousand in recent times. So, why is it wrong for Obudu people to move on now? Because she is not Igbo?

morpheus24:

Now we are talking, since justice from the FG is a fantasy in this case.

Epiphany:

Chei Nuzo, i hope this is a joke!
If to say na your sister die (GOD FORBID) will you accept the 2 milla and move on?

Unfortunately for me, no gadamned person have offered me a kobo for the lives of a family member of mine who was slaughtered alongside his entire family. The FG and the rest of Nigeria told us to put the incident behind us and look forward to another genocide.

The fact remains that the FG in conjunction with most nigerias are out annihilate easterners at all cost, and until we begin to retaliate aggressively, we should just keep shut, collect whatever compensation that is given to us and wait for the next massacre.

Shio! angry
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by bawomolo(m): 1:03am On Oct 14, 2009
nuzo:

woah
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 1:03am On Oct 14, 2009
,mama-gee:

Money can't buy justice, throw the killer into jail. cool

What a joke!

The killer can only be thrown into jail or shot like the Boko Haram guy if he messed with the life of a Muslim.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by udezue(m): 1:04am On Oct 14, 2009
The fact remains that the FG in conjunction with most nigerias are out annihilate easterners at all cost, and until we begin to retaliate aggressively, we should just keep shut, collect whatever compensation that is given to us and wait for the next massacre.

I agree
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by RichyBlacK(m): 1:27am On Oct 14, 2009
Back in the day, after my studies at the prestigious University of Nigeria Nsukka, I vowed NEVER to do my NYSC in ANY northern state! Knowing fully well that the value of my life far outweighed any sense of national service I had, I effected my posting to Lagos State, my home state, my birth state, my state of "origin". If that hadn't worked out and I had been posted to ANY northern state, I would have totally ignored the post and continued with my plans of leaving Nigeria! Dem go stop me for airport because I no do NYSC for Kaura-Namoda? grin

Then, I had no doubt that bands of murderers roamed the streets of Northern Nigeria, and are quick to kill Southerners, particularly Christians and especially Igbos, anytime their religion was "insulted" by anybody anywhere on the planet! I also had no doubt that the Nigerian government, at all levels (with very few exceptions), was and still is the most useless in the entire universe. And it was clear to me that should any of those band of murderers in Northern Nigeria killed me, our useless government will do absolutely nothing to apprehend the criminals.

Countless NYSC service men and women have been violently murdered in religious-induced riots in Northern Nigeria, however, not a single person has ever been arrested, tried and convicted for any of these murders. Eternal shame on the Nigerian government!

Miss Adie's death is a regrettable reminder that allowing crimes to go unpunished only emboldens the criminals.

May the soul of Grace Ushang Adie rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by udezue(m): 2:22am On Oct 14, 2009
Until we learn to pay the North in the same coin whenever they kill our people they will kill more and more while we moan and groan like goats.
,What's so hard about having at least 7 Northern heads rolled back to the North? Its a damn shame we've made ourselves willing sacrificial lambs for one nigeria.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by naijaking1: 2:29am On Oct 14, 2009
udezue:

Until we learn to pay the North in the same coin whenever they kill our people they will kill more and more while we moan and groan like goats.
,What's so hard about having at least 7 Northern heads rolled back to the North? Its a damn shame we've made ourselves willing sacrificial lambs for one nigeria.

I am also tied of southerners being killed in the north for questionable causes: religion, politics, women wearing trousers, desecration of the koran by Europeans in Europe, etc. The government has not been totally honest and committed to bringing the culprits to justics.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 4:56am On Oct 14, 2009
nuzo needs to take a break from the internet.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 5:06am On Oct 14, 2009
tpia.:

nuzo needs to take a break from the internet.

Thats all you got to say about the bribe the FG is offering the family of Miss Adie?
In other words, you are telling me, the family of the slain corper and the families of those slain by the jihadists to move on as usual.

"one nigeria".
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 14, 2009
nuzo:

Thats all you got to say about the bribe the FG is offering the family of Miss Adie?
In other words, you are telling me, the family of the slain corper and the families of those slain by the jihadists to move on as usual.

"one nigeria".

was this particular corper slain by jihadists?

may she RIP and the murder should be investigated.

What do you have to say about people being lynched in the south?

No Nigeria?
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 5:27am On Oct 14, 2009
tpia.:

was this particular corper slain by jihadists?

may she RIP and the murder should be investigated.

What do you have to say about people being lynched in the south?

No Nigeria?

Now you are talking.

And for the people being lynched in the south; who and where exactly? Are the lynchers allowed to walk free when caught?

Just tell me?
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Beaf: 5:30am On Oct 14, 2009
The best thing is to keep a list of Northern NYSC postings, even if the North doesn't provide many corpers, we can still find 7 for every single Southerner killed.
This rubbish will stop the very day we pour libation in their blood.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by texazzpete(m): 8:20am On Oct 14, 2009
I don't understand why you people are jumping over nuzo for his honest statement.
Any money paid by the Federal Government is merely supposed to be a gesture, nothing more. Is the FG supposed to put a value on the girl's life and pay the family?

The only thing we have to demand from the FG is an investigation into her murder and a concerted effort to bring her killers to justice. Left to me, the 2 million naira should have been offered as a reward to anyone who can assist in bringing her killers to justice.

Sentiments aside, why do we not show a similar concern for the families of policemen killed in the line of duty in Nigeria? Are you aware that a police widow typically gets less than N200k after their breadwinner is killed?
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Beaf: 8:38am On Oct 14, 2009
^Each dead policeman has probably created a few widows and orphans or caused losses above N200 k. We are better off just blowing up the whole lot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My NYSC Experience At Kebbi State, Dakingari, Suru LGA, Kebbi State. / Monthly Allowance: February Allawee Not Yet Paid / Anambra Corpers, NYSC 2017 Batch A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.