Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,860 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. (27153 Views)

Man Who Turned Against God, Became An Atheist Found God Again After Many Years / Ex-atheist From Reddit Finds God, Attests To Hatred Towards God And Christians. / 10 Times The Great Ex-atheist C.S. Lewis Made The Case For Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by ValentineMary(m): 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
winner01:
Lol. Babies dont have such abilities.
Indoctrination. lol.
How do u think I left catholicism
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by ValentineMary(m): 7:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
honourhim:

Pls show me where your Omenra said what you wrote up there. Obviously you are a monumental shame to atheism since you cant defend your atheism without using the god of other religions. Shame on you.
We dont need any other religion to defend our stand as christians.
Read what u wrote again. If u are smart, u would see why I don't take u serious
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by winner01(m): 7:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
ValentineMary:

How do u think I left catholicism
Catholicism shocked shocked

Sorry for disturbing you.
ValentineMary:

I just proved my claim by showing how a God can't be both all loving and all knowing. I know u are hurt. Go to bed.

You proved your claim? undecided
Are you on cheap weed or something?
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by succyblinks(f): 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
LoL, to all d Christians in the house is that how you were taught in your church to abuse anybody that doesn't conform to your beliefs? undecided

God created evil right from the garden of eden but yet he is a loving god

He ordered the children of Israel to take over a land already inhabited by people, ordering his children to slaughter the innocent people

Please I need a full detailed explanation of the existence of a loving God because to me no god exists

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by otemanuduno: 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
winner01:

I believe those gods exist.
You have no grounds to justify your lack of belief. This attempt is lame.
The Bible mentioned several gods of men made potent by demonic spirits.
They all exist.

You have no reason.

yahweh is just one of the gods. See the DOCTUFOS of truth for more info.
The Almighty God, who created all the gods didn't give up the world for worship but the use of the brains and doing good to fellow human beings.

Where does worshipping the ego of a god come to play
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by otemanuduno: 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2016
succyblinks:
LoL, to all d Christians in the house is that how you were taught in your church to abuse anybody that doesn't conform to your beliefs? undecided

He ordered the children of Israel to take over a land already inhabited by people, ordering his children to slaughter the innocent people

Please I need a full detailed explanation of the existence of a loving God because to me no god exists

It is more than what you have just said. Whoever god does such isn't the Almighty God. Such god is Satan. See the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH for the real truth about the existence of the universe https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
winner01:
Stupidity.
Thats what you keep exhibiting.

You'll keep repeating the same things because you simply cant see beyond your nose.

Humans made God in their image - is an assertion that needs to be defended.
You instead have been all over the place, ill leave you to your circle.

You disgraced and embarrassed Valentinemary , hopefullandlord and Lennycool cheesy

Gosh , it's a shame they continued arguing even after being pummeled left , right and center cheesy

Atheists have the stupidest arguments - not forgetting the lies they tell .

Iceland is an atheist country really ? People with less than 10 percent of their population as atheists . Atheism is full of deceit , lies and stupidity .

theist : Give me evidence there is no designer

Atheist : sand dunes

Theist : what about cells , living things , consciousness , the brain , humans , the universe , planets , sun , moon , intelligence , cognition , the complexity of life

Atheist : ....

Theist : sorry I didn't get you

Theist :

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
succyblinks:

This is a very puerile argument .

1 Like

Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by winner01(m): 7:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
ValentineMary:

Since u want to bring it up again, fine.

Germany has 61% xtians
Russia has 41% xtians
U.S.A has 70.6% xtians

While Nigria has 96% religious folks. It would be a great dishonesty to say religion has nothing to do with our problem.
Muslims deny xtians job not because they are unworthy but rather because they don't acknowledge Allah, xtians discriminate muslims and teach their kids not to marry them.
Our religiousity mixed with our ignorance is disaster Nigeria is a fine example.
You are terribly dishonest. Those countries are religious if you include other religions, they have a large chunk of their population religious, yet they are prospering in every way.

By your stupidity, U.S.A which has 76% christians is meant to suffer regression because of the number of religious folks.

Russia aint 41% christian, rather they are 75% christian. Are they less better than countries who have more atheists?

China will be the largest christian country in the next 15 years, will they suffer too?

Those are world powers.

Stop being stupid and address the problem. We need education, good and trustworthy leaders and development orientation. You dont need to blame your woes on religion.
When U.K was deeply religious, it prospered rapidly.
You have no point, you are just a hate filled and bigoted individual who thinks religion is the problem of the world. Stalin thought so too.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by succyblinks(f): 7:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This is a very puerile argument .

Well I was actually expecting insults to start throwing in, I think its part of your doctrine.

carry on I don't stop anyone from practicing what they believe in smiley
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by winner01(m): 7:43pm On Sep 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You disgraced and embarrassed Valentinemary , hopefullandlord and Lennycool cheesy

Gosh , it's a shame they continued arguing even after being pummeled left , right and center cheesy

Atheists have the stupidest arguments - not forgetting the lies they tell .

Iceland is an atheist country really ? People with less than 10 percent of their population as atheists . Atheism is full of deceit , lies and stupidity .

theist : Give me evidence there is no designer

Atheist : sand dunes

Theist : what about cells , living things , consciousness , the brain , humans , the universe , planets , sun , moon , intelligence , cognition , the complexity of life

Theist : sorry I didn't get you

Theist :
So much lies and stupidity everywhere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
succyblinks:

Well I was actually expecting insults to start throwing in, I think its part of your doctrine.

carry on I don't stop anyone from practicing what they believe in smiley

Woman ( or man ) , telling you how daft your argument is , is not an insult .

Do you know atheists say there is no good or evil ? Now tell me , if atheism denies the existence of good or evil , why consider God an evil being ?

It's so sad you had to let me show you how daft your argument is .

2 Likes

Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by succyblinks(f): 7:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Woman ( or man ) , telling you how daft your argument is , is not insult .

Do you know atheists say there is no good or evil ? Now tell me , if atheism denies the existence of good or evil , why consider God an evil being ?

It's so sad you had to let me show you how daft your argument is .

LoL and you actually want to convert a 'soul' with all the abusive words you are hauling

Point of note am not an atheist neither am I a theist, I've carefully read all the arguments you theists put up and all I can see is insult ridden words to whosoever is seen as an unbeliever

I'll gladly accept your god if only I see proof

Keep the insults rolling as usually, I wonder what you will throw at me this time wink

1 Like

Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
succyblinks:

LoL and you actually want to convert a 'soul' with all the abusive words you are hauling

Point of note am not an atheist neither am I a theist, I've carefully read all the arguments you theists put up and all I can see is insult ridden words to whosoever is seen as an unbeliever

Keep the insults rolling as usually, I wonder what you will throw at me this time wink

Jeez woman ( or man ) I didn't insult you . You wanna play this game right ? Fine . I consider claiming God does not exist an insult .

2 Likes

Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by mpowa(m): 8:04pm On Sep 25, 2016
Lennycool:
This theist tire me sef. Anytime I see a post like this about an atheist turning to a theist or a post about the undeniable existence of God. All they point to is the fact that the universe is too complex to not be just random chance. They point to DNA sequencing and various other feats of nature, but as i will continue to argue over and over again, this doesn't prove that your God exist, it only enhances the possibility of a creator. Creator and God are not the same. You can just point to the universe and claim your God did it, since anyone can you use that line. From the Egyptians to the Greeks and Mayans.

Yes, They are giving their facts, pls can you give yours? Since Seun and you people have decide to cure Godly people of their sufferings, You need to start coming out with your facts - All the evidence about God are out there, we've said them over an over, Christians have the Bible that document their believes, Muslims also have their book - You people come up with your facts, Or you want people to just follow you because you say things like being More INTELLIGENT, following proven SCIENCE theories - Bring out those theories that form the basis of your believes, perhaps you can win some people to your side, because it's not easy to win anyone over, who'd followed God, studied the bible, and sees how everything fits the story.

Don't take the easy way of just criticizing religious people, come up with your own explanation of why we're here, what's the purpose of life, what is important in life, what happens when we die, We don't even want to preach anymore, we want you to preach to us now!

1 Like

Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by BodyKiss(m): 8:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
winner01:

So only 3% of humanity are correct on this reality?

If this is not the height of delusion, I dont know what is.

Christians lifestyle and good deeds disprove the existence of a creator undecided to you? undecided

You need help fast. undecided

with the contradictions.

One thing is certain, it disproves that the Christian god exists.
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by succyblinks(f): 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Jeez woman ( or man ) I didn't insult you . You wanna play this game right ? Fine . I consider claiming God does not exist an insult .

I think my gender is clearly stated up there, anyways I am not in for all this "small children thing" you can kindly swerve now

Oga winner01 please I need a clear proof of the existence of god, mind up I'm not an atheist and please make ur explanation brief I hate long talks, I have promised myself that I'll fully serve your god IF and only if his existence is clearly proven

I await you

Insults is allowed wink
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
After death is judgement of which a soul is either eternally damned or eternally saved. If you don't know this, you're not a Christian.

You shouldn't judge Christianity by the actions of one church or better still the actions of one sect. Jesus Christ is the standard in Christianity. In my church, no one cares whether you're rich or poor. No one even gets to know whether you pay tithe or not. Christianity is a relationship between you and your God.

Princefrankie1:
I am not against any form of doctrine, be it Christianity or Hinduism, I was born and brought up in a family of Catholics. I went to the Catholic church from my early adolescence to adulthood. But at a point, as I grew order, I began to question some doctrines. Not just in Catholic, but in the Christian faith generally.

The contradictions and contravention in the Holy book most times got me wondering. Also, the beliefs of most Christians are somewhat different from what I read in the bible.

Also, The church was gradually turning into a monetary convention where funds are raised for different budget implementations. Parishioners were taxed at alarming regularity. The indigents couldn't come anymore. The church was now for the rich. The funny part is, when someone dies and it happens to be that the deceased has failed to pay some levies, he/she will not be buried by the church unless the family pays up. Same modus operandi is applicable to church weddings. These levies run into hundreds of thousands.

I just could go anymore. I had too many questions running through my mind. Even up till now, most of those questions are unanswered. Until those questions are answered with facts, I think I will remain a deist.

One if my questions is, "When someone dies, what happens next"?

Most Christians will tell me "Hell fire or heaven" even when some chapters in the bible says differently.

1 Like

Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by winner01(m): 8:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
succyblinks:

I think my gender is clearly stated up there, anyways I am not in for all this "small children thing" you can kindly swerve now

Oga winner01 please I need a clear proof of the existence of god, mind up I'm not an atheist and please make ur explanation brief I hate long talks, I have promised myself that I'll fully serve your god IF and only if his existence is clearly proven

I await you

Insults is allowed wink
lol
what make you think anything I say will convince you.
You have your preconceived notions about christianity. Its not like you seem open minded to the possibility.

1 Like

Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by winner01(m): 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2016
BodyKiss:

with the contradictions.

One thing is certain, it disproves that the Christian god exists.
But why do you loose your mind over the christian God alone?

1 Like

Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by succyblinks(f): 8:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
winner01:
lol
what make you think anything I say will convince you.
You have your preconceived notions about christianity. Its not like you seem open minded to the possibility.

No no no, I don't have a preconceived notion or anything infact am very open minded to any thing about religion, I want to learn and be fully convinced

So your contribution may go a long way, who knows?
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by rhektor(m): 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you're the one talking nonsense and stupidity here

not all atheist accept the evolution theory

you're muddling things up and calling someone else idiots

anyways, in my infinite mercy, I shall give you steps to converse better on the topic

1. learn what atheism means

2. learn what the evolution theory means

3. digest the differences very well

4. type something a lot more reasonable

5. thank me and give glory to me for helping you learn something

Arrogance, that's just your problem you've got to unlearn what you think you know just then you'll think reasonably
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by winner01(m): 10:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
succyblinks:

No no no, I don't have a preconceived notion or anything infact am very open minded to any thing about religion, I want to learn and be fully convinced

So your contribution may go a long way, who knows?
What do you think about life?
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by ever811(m): 11:14pm On Sep 25, 2016
Lennycool:
This theist tire me sef. Anytime I see a post like this about an atheist turning to a theist or a post about the undeniable existence of God. All they point to is the fact that the universe is too complex to not be just random chance. They point to DNA sequencing and various other feats of nature, but as i will continue to argue over and over again, this doesn't prove that your God exist, it only enhances the possibility of a creator. Creator and God are not the same. You can just point to the universe and claim your God did it, since anyone can you use that line. From the Egyptians to the Greeks and Mayans.
product of a big bang lol..this how you reason when you are created by a big explosion.. lol..can you pls educate me on the beginning of this your creator(Mr big band.lol... chemical...lol...) explain with the external arrangements of what ever product your creator is made up of..and I will take you serious..
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by segcymoor(m): 11:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
winner01:

My Experience, Part 2 – Further Evidence of God

Since that time, now that I've been a Christian for a number of years----why do I now believe in God? What reasons do I have for continuing to believe in God?

I'm not sure any of these are going to be believable to you. But I'll try to put that concern aside and be candid with you. Previously my questions were about God's existence. After beginning a relationship with God, I saw additional evidence that God is real. Such as...

1. When I have questions, concerns, or would like insight on a matter, God speaks to me through the Bible. What he shows me is always perfectly suited to my question, and a better, more satisfying answer than I expected. Here's an example.

One day, my schedule, deadlines, and obligations were crawling up my neck and tightening their hold. You know that feeling when you're so overwhelmed, you don't know what to do first?

So I got out a piece of paper and pen, and asked God: "Just tell me what you want me to do, and I'll do it." I was fully prepared for shouldering 100% responsibility, and was basically asking God to just set the priorities, tell me how to approach it all, and I would.

I then opened my Bible and immediately read where Jesus was talking with a man who was blind. Jesus was asking him, "What do you want me to do for you?"

I read it again. Jesus asked: "What do you want me to do for you?" Rather amazed, I picked up my pen and began writing an entirely different list...to God. This, I have found, is characteristic of God. Reminding us that he is there. That he cares, and he's capable.

I choose that example because it's brief. But I could cite hundreds of examples where I was asking God a question and he perfectly, thoroughly answered me. It probably is the characteristic of God that I most appreciate and value--that he is willing to answer my questions.

This isn't something I learned from other Christians. It's just how my relationship with God operates. I ask a question, with an attitude that I really want to give him freedom to tell me whatever he wants to....to correct my thinking, to point out an area in my life that isn't right, to show me where I'm not trusting him, whatever. And he always graciously speaks to me.

2. Similarly, when I need direction for a decision, he gives it. I believe that God cares about our decisions. I believe he has a plan for our lives, that he cares about who I marry, what kind of job I have, and some decisions smaller than that. I don't believe he cares what toothpaste I buy, or lots of mundane decisions. But decisions that will affect my life or what he wants to accomplish through my life...I think he cares.

When has God given me clear direction?

One time I needed to decide about a trip to the Middle East. There was risk involved, and I was willing to go only if God wanted me to go. It was important to me that I knew what he wanted.

Two different times I asked God about a job. Both times his leading on it was so clear, that anyone watching would have concluded the same. Let me try one thin slice of an example.

During my senior year of college, I had decided to take a job with a Christian organization after graduation, that would require a move to California.

It was Christmas break, and I was now visiting my parents. One evening, I was alone and thinking through a long list of friends. I was wondering who I could talk into moving to California with me to be roommates. One person named Christy, came to mind, who had already graduated and settled in a job in Iowa. I thought she'd be the perfect roommate, but I hadn't talked to her in several months. Just 30 minutes later, at my parents home, Christy calls me on the phone.

Her first sentence was, "I heard you are taking a job with this Christian organization." I was floored because I had only told one friend, in Ohio.

Her next statement was, "Ok, I've got the pots and pans and dishes." I said, "WHAT?!" She was moving to the same town in California and was calling to see if I would room with her.

Ok, so you see my point.

You might ask, why such a big deal, to even need God's help in this decision? I knew that my parents would be completely opposed to this job. I thought it might cost me my relationship with my parents forever. So it was not a light decision. I asked God to guide me toward what he wanted. And he did. There were about ten other events related to this job, just as clear.

Other reasons I still believe in God...

3. In terms of explanations about life--why we're here, what the purpose is, what is important in life, what to value or strive for--God has better answers than anything I've ever read anywhere. I have studied multiple philosophies and religions and other life approaches. What I read in the Bible, what I see from God's perspective, all the pieces of the puzzle fit.

There is still a lot I'll read in the Bible and close the Bible saying, "I don't get it." So I don't mean to suggest I fully understand everything in the Bible. Instead, I'm saying that life only makes sense from the perspective of what God has revealed. It's like reading the operating manual to life on earth, only we are not left to merely follow the manual. The inventor is explaining to us how it all works, and then offers to personally guide us through it, on a daily basis.

4. The intimacy with God is deeper than intimacy with any human being. I say that married, with two children, and tons of very close friends. His love is perfect. He's incredibly gracious. He takes me right where I'm at, and as I said, speaks to me. He intervenes with actions that leave me amazed as the observer. He is not a belief or doctrine. I see him act in my life.

5. He has done more with my life than I would have done on my own. This is not a statement of inferiority or lack of self confidence. I'm speaking in terms of accomplishments that far exceeded what I ever had in mind. He provides ideas, direction, solutions, wisdom, and better motives than I could aspire to on my own.

Well, there is more, but I think that gives you enough. I'm not sure any of it is believable to you, but I've been as honest as I know how to be.

If you would like to see some of the evidence that moved me from my atheist experience to believing in God, please see these two articles:
      Is There a God?
      Beyond Blind Faith

Well.

----
The recognition of God.....
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by breezy007(m): 11:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
I hardly comment I usually read through... all I have to say to the Christians abusing the atheists, Clap for yourselves, now you know where your headed...

1 Like

Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by raphieMontella: 11:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
winner01:
But why do you loose your mind over the christian God alone?
what about exmuslims?
Exhindus?

Whats this misotheism fallacy?
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by raphieMontella: 11:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
winner01:
Okay, and its the world's biggest faith and has been predicted to grow even bigger how?

Are you a historian?
Have you taken your time to study yhese things and not just spew bull you read from atheist websites?
bruh..answer this in truth....
The catholic church has the largest amount of christian adherents..
Does it make the catholic church the true christianity?
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by lepasharon(f): 12:26am On Sep 26, 2016
succyblinks:

Here you are

1 Like

Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by breezy007(m): 1:28am On Sep 26, 2016
lepasharon:

Here you are
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by emmydollars4life(m): 6:28am On Sep 26, 2016
winner01:
Thanks Bro. God bless you too. Amen.
How's the family?
Why I have so much faith in God is that he said in his words in exception of me there is no other God, something that no other god's have said. Since I was born I never see him fail.
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 26, 2016
emmydollars4life:

Why I have so much faith in God is that he said in his words in exception of me there is no other God, something that no other god's have said. Since I was born I never see him fail.
Didn't Allah also say that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible / What You Must Do Before Getting Married / Mike Bamiloye: Witchcraft Made Me Go Into Production Of Christian Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.