Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? (12107 Views)

Jamaican Pastor Wears Army Uniform, Shoots At His Enemies With Water Gun(Video) / 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by jbhitler(m): 12:12pm On Sep 25, 2016
there are differences between somebody having her you as an enemy or you having somebody as an enemy.also,two people can be enemies.the first group,one person is guilty while the second,both are guilty.for instance,somebody can take you as his enemy while you are not taking him as such.now to the point,when you pray (die) it is not targeted at any one but the devil behind the scene.the person the devil is using is not the devil but a willing tool called the (adversary).look at this way,you pray but answers.if you pray die die a and somebody died,you didn't killed the person. is the repercussions of the enemy that finds him out.God,will not require the blood of the person from you.look,without saying die die,if you work against the anointed, you can die.is not the prayer of the man that pray die die that kills but is God that sees the inner intentions of a man that answers prayer.if die die is wrong.where did the angel of death came from and why did he only visited the Egyptians? some enemies would not repent so the best thing is to die.imagine an enemy stopping TB Joshua,Adeboye,Oyedepo,Omoto Fufeyin,Olukoya from preaching the word.that enemy will just die without them making a decree.look,there are different approach for seasons. if don't change the approach you die.the manifestation of the powers of darkness is at the highest level in this end time and therefore, we need a corresponding rugged Christians to tame them.be gentle and die and go to hell.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by mabea: 12:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
4everGod:

Word of Advice....Never ever compare the old testament which was the dispensation of JUDGEMENT to the new testament which is the dispensation of LOVE AND GRACE.

What God did in the old testament was of necessity but in the new it is not and this is because Christ has come and we have his spirit. How can you genuinely have the HOLY SPIRIT and still be wishing or praying for something as UNHOLY as death for anyone or praying EVIL for anyone.

The Holy spirit is Love and light and not darkness and evil. SWEET AND BITTER water cannot come out from the same source.

Do you even know who the HOLY SPIRIT is? if you did then you would not have said what you said. James and John asked Jesus to cal down thunder but Jesus said no and told them and I quote " YOU KNOW NOT WHAT MANNER OF SPIRIT YOU ARE".

I suggest you re study your bible.
You are still no getting it. Are you implying that the old testament has been abolished because Jesus had died. Listen if the old testament will not benefit us god would not have inspired the men who wrote it. Every scripture is inspired of God for our own profiting.

If God is unchangeable do you think He cannot again pour vengeance on the wicked that rises up against His people.

Again if God can punish His children who dis obey him how much more will he not render judgement on the wicked that rises up against His children remember the bible says touch not my anointing and do my prophet no harm.

Pls do not think you are a custodian of scriptural understanding. It is given by revelation. So asking me to re study my bible in this context is not necessary.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by MrEdimulo82(m): 12:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
My fear for Christianity in Africa is such misguided practice that faded the traditional religion, may eventually occur. The reason the traditional African religion is repulsive is because of enemy vs enemy approach which in turn made it repulsive and evil. Hence, the advent of Christianity and Muslim, I can tell the future of these two religion would be determined by these misguided practice. Note, terrorism and fighting enemies with destructive prayers are synonymous. I rest my case.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by lonelydora: 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mehn, I can't pray for the kind of enemies I have around me now. They want me dead so I want them dead too.

I so much believe in "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". After all, na the same bible talk am
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by obisdavinc(m): 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
There are 2 types of enemies, the one jealous of u and the one who want you dead. pray for the one jealous of u, u can even give them something, but the one who want u dead, u must kill to protect ur self
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
MAN IS NOT OUR ENEMY But SATAN Himself working in the heart of man to destroy man.so Satan should be loose ,bound and cast to abyss .
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by yak(m): 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
makedisciples:
Jesus taught love. He said give your enemies water and clothes and shelter. Pur pastors say kill them destroy them and flog them koboko
I am confused about who they are serving. Jesus in Mathew 5:42-43 says we should pray FOR our enemiea and love them. "Die by fire" "destroy" and many evil words resonate in a house that ia supposed to be of love.
No matter how hard we shout or cry the decision to save is by our Lord. Therefore, taking justice into our hands by proclaiming fire as opposed to love as we have been directed by the same person we pray to for his help ridicules our prayers.
If you are the boss and u asked your employees to walk away from any confrontations and report to you before taking any actions come to find out that an employee has already handled matters before it got to you, would you be pleases with sucb employee?
Violence encouraged in the church even against Satan should be discouraged. God has a plan for us and destroying our enemies has never been one of the duties Jesus gave us.

I wonder what part of the Bible the guys who propagate that believe read. Bible said "love ur neighbour..." "pray for those who hate u" "if ur enemy is tasty, give him water" just to mention a few.
so, wen they start all these prayers am always confused more especially when Men of God are the proponents.
Remember that our sole enemy is satan and he has a celestial body. So, cannot b killed. ours is a Gospel of Peace, Salvation, Love and Joy in d Holy Ghost
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by yak(m): 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
obisdavinc:
There are 2 types of enemies, the one jealous of u and the one who want you dead. pray for the one jealous of u, u can even give them something, but the one who want u dead, u must kill to protect ur self

ur real enemy is d devil. when u kill man that he's using, he'll simple take up another. Bible said "resist the devil and he shall flee" so stop fighting battles that are not urs.... Happy Sunday
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by rafcrown(m): 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
I dont pray for my enemies because they dont wish me well.I only/just want God to destroy them.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by astarotte: 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
onome710:
For me... utter destruction.
No time for holier than thou approach.
Co's ur enemies ain't gonna hesitate to destroy u.

So you have to kill your enemies first before they kill you grin

End Time christianity.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by astarotte: 2:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
yak:

I wonder what part of the Bible the guys who propagate that believe read. Bible said "love ur neighbour..." "pray for those who hate u" "if ur enemy is tasty, give him water" just to mention a few.
so, wen they start all these prayers am always confused more especially when Men of God are the proponents.
Remember that our sole enemy is satan and he has a celestial body. So, cannot b killed. ours is a Gospel of Peace, Salvation, Love and Joy in d Holy Ghost

The foolishness of practioners knows no bounds.

They justify the fact that they are trying to kill their fellow humans by saying those humans first tried to kill them. They fail to realize that in the end should their prayer be answered and the humans die, they will have succeeded in becoming the killers instead of the so called enemies.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Ibukun003(m): 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
We have just one enemy - the Devil.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by cminca: 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
JUST Do WHAT JESUS Did AND U Be HAPPY
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by harizonal123(m): 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2016
Be nice to your enemies according to the new testament. Don't kill them; God knows how best to deal with them

Romans 12:20-21King James Version (KJV)

20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by oluwamile(m): 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
there are two types of enemies, the ones that know what they are doing and the ones that don't what they are doing..when jesus was about dying on d cross,he said father forgive them for they don't know what they are doing,wat he meant year is dat we sud pray for doz enemies that don't know what dey re doing..and for d enemies dat knows what they re doing e.gwitches,wizards,those who intentionally carry out evil act to hurt u,for them he said suffer not d witch to live
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by clefstone(m): 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2016
bedoab10k:

The enemies are the evil powers that take over a man for his wicked act, prayers against these powers to die not a bad thing BuT praying for such personality to die can be refer to Murder. Moreover we all needs enemies but may our enemy be inactive. May God put us ahead of them BUT most times we are the enemy of ourselves.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies.
your argument would fly if only evil powers can die
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by zeongeon: 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
Our enemies in Nigeria are our bad, evil and terrible leaders and politicians in Nigeria and they deserve to DIE.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Oahray: 6:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
mabea:
I quoted you because you sounded judgemental. People responded based on their understanding of the subject matter.So calling someone churchgoer or true christian is not necessary here.
I'm expressing my understanding of the subject matter too.

I find it shocking that people can actively wish death on others and justify such desire even when reminded what Jesus taught. Whoever promotes the opposite of what Jesus taught is not like him. There's nothing judgemental about that.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by beautea4l(f): 7:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
Cholera has claimed the life of 6 people with 39 under observation.how can you prevent this from knocking on your door.find out all you need to know on https://healthylivingandmore./2016/09/25/the-blue-death/
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by mencer(m): 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
harizonal123:
Be nice to your enemies according to the new testament. Don't kill them; God knows how best to deal with them

Romans 12:20-21King James Version (KJV)

20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Note how the Apostle responded here Acts 13

Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him, [10] And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord? [11] And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.

So wisdom is important
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Chicagoesontop: 9:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jesus said we should pray for our enemies ..but he didn't give you a prayer point either to bless them or curse them, but i will go for the latter.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by efficiencie(m): 10:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
Ignorance, wrong teaching and wrong believing is the bane of the church nowadays.

The anchor scripture of the OP view is:

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Now broadly Jesus identifies two classes enemies that a Christian will most definitely face. He said to his disciples:
Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

and again Peter teaches:
1Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil , as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Now from these verses the word of God acknowledges that man can be an enemy and satan and his host is also an enemy...when man chooses to be an enemy we pray for him to escape the grip of the flesh, the world and demons and then we turn the heat on satan and his demons.

on returning to that verse:

Imagine i replace enemies with demons, how would matthew 5:44 read?

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your demons, bless demons that curse you, do good to demons that hate you, and pray for demons which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Please before you speak of a thing hear it properly, for it is foolishness to do the contrary (Proverbs 18:13)! MFM and other deliverance churches that do warfare prayers do not address their warfare prayers to humans but to powers, forces, principalities and satanic forces! And when they direct their prayers against humans they do it after the order of acts like those of Paul in Acts 13: 8-11 (where Paul declared Elymas, a human but also a sorcerer, blind) and those of Peter in Acts 5: 1-10 (where Ananias and Sapphira, humans but filled by satan, were killed for lying). It is clear that when humans consciously and purposely join forces with satan, they become one with satan and bear the same burden of damnation as satan...

So brother, you may decide to sit down and watch satan use a human ally to find a fault in your life and promptly destroy you but that does not mean others will...you can love your enemy (satan) but that does not mean others will love that kind of enemy.

As for me, any power, sponsored by anyone to ruin my salvation and divine destiny, are paralyzed and rendered impotent against my life in Jesus name, Amen!
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
The best is to pray for ur enermies to live long to watch u succeed in life. U knw why?
Because if them dey alife and dey see u dey grow, their body go dey pepper them and for the end "JELOUSY GO KILL THEM!!!! wink

1 Like

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by oaroloye(m): 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
SHALOM!

makedisciples:
Jesus taught love.

THE ANCIENT GREEK LANGUAGE THAT THE NEW TESTAMENT WAS WRITTEN IN HAD TWELVE WORDS THAT THE OYINBOS LAZILY TRANSLATED "LOVE."

ELEVEN of these were used in the New Testament.

The one which you Hypocites think Christians are Commanded to implement is the only one not used in

He said give your enemies water and clothes and shelter.

NO, HE DIDN'T.

Where?

Pur pastors say kill them destroy them and flog them koboko

No. I think that that must be YOUR Pastors!

I am confused about who they are serving.

I was never confused.

I am not confused about whom YOU serve: NOT YAHSHUA.

Jesus in Mathew 5:42-43 says we should pray FOR our enemiea and love them.

THAT HE DID.

Why haven't you done that for THEM?

"Die by fire" "destroy" and many evil words resonate in a house that ia supposed to be of love.

NOBODY TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD GO TO THOSE HOUSES.

No matter how hard we shout or cry the decision to save is by our Lord.

According to laid-down criteria.

. MATTHEW 5:21-26.

21. "Ye have heard that it was said
by them of Old Time,

'THOU SHALT NOT KILL;'
and
'WHOSOEVER SHALL KILL
SHALL BE IN DANGER
OF THE JUDGEMENT:

22. "But I say unto you,

'That whosoever is angry
with his Brother
without a Cause
shall be in Danger
of the Judgment:

and whosoever shall say
to his brother, 'Raca,'
shall be in Danger of the Council:
but whosoever shall say,

"Thou Fool,"

shall be in Danger of Hell Fire.'

23. "Therefore if thou
bring thy Gift to the Altar,
and there rememberest
that thy Brother
hath ought against thee;
24. "Leave there thy Gift
before the Altar,
and go thy way;
first be reconciled to thy Brother,
and then come and offer thy Gift.
25. "Agree with thine Adversary quickly,
whiles thou art in the way with him;
lest at any time the Adversary
deliver thee to the judge,
and the Judge deliver thee
to the Officer,
and thou be cast into prison.
26. "Verily I say unto thee,

"THOU SHALT BY NO MEANS
COME OUT THENCE,
TILL THOU HAST PAID
THE UTTERMOST FARTHING.' "

An Enemy's Offense against The Brethren HAS SIGNIFICANCE.

An Enemy does not just wreak havoc on the Church, then turn around, and say,

"I REPENT! SAVE ME!"

And they are SAVED.

PAUL CLAIMED to have DONE it- but he was LYING.

Therefore, taking justice into our hands by proclaiming fire as opposed to love as we have been directed by the same person we pray to for his help ridicules our prayers.

LOVE FOR OUR ENEMIES IS ALL VERY WELL- WHAT ABOUT FOR OUR ENEMIES' OTHER VICTIMS?

Nobody sems to care about THEM.

If you are the boss and u asked your employees to walk away from any confrontations and report to you before taking any actions come to find out that an employee has already handled matters before it got to you, would you be pleases with sucb employee?

It depends how they handled the matter.

Violence encouraged in the church even against Satan should be discouraged.

God has a plan for us and destroying our enemies has never been one of the duties Jesus gave us.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by robins4christ(m): 6:25pm On Sep 29, 2016
I want to make a little contribution to this important discussion. Although the matter appears to have been rested, but having read the arguments proferred on both sides, I feel I should make a little input that might help in raising our level of understanding regarding this issue. I am speaking from the vantage point of one who has asked the same question myself and who is now in a position to answer it.

The first thing to note is that it is not possible to do justice to this topic without a more than surface grasp of the keywords - enemy, prayer, and death.

Enemy: the Bible uses the term "enemy" in two distinct senses: reconcilable and irreconcilable enemies. All arguments surrounding this topic stem from the failure to make this necessary distinction.

Reconcilable Enemies. (ROM.5:10,Col.1:20-22).By reason of the fall of man, every human born into this world starts life as an enemy of God through sin. But the substitutionary death of Jesus to atone for human sins has made reconstruction with God possible on the basis of repentance.In Eph.6:12 the Bible specifies that we're not fighting against flesh and blood (physical entities,human beings) but also included that we're fighting against the rulers of darkness of this world, which also refers to human beings, who are agents of satanic wickedness. Most of the evil done in the world are not done by satan or demons directly, they are done by their human agents. And these are the people we see. These unseen evil forces constitute what we call "the power behind" (Eph.2:2). It is in this sense that Jesus looking at Peter said "get behind me,Satan" (Mtt.16:23). So we show love to people who hurt us by not paying them back in their own coin. But on our knees we judge whatever power using them against us by using the power God has given us to tread on serpents and scorpions and every power of the enemy. (Luke 10:19).So the prayers are addressed against "powers" not "people."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What The Bible Says About Marriage / 12 Ways To Identify Pharisees In Your Church / Download Nigeria Gospel Praise And Worship Instrumental (by Naijachristians)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.