Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot (9610 Views)

$550m Abacha Loot: Fed Govt Set To Clear Hurdles / Abacha Loot: FG Wins Case As Malami Heads To U.S. Next Week For Repatriation / Fayose Asks EFCC To Read John 8 Vs 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by dtnadeyemi1993(m): 2:39am On Sep 25, 2016
A human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), has petitioned the acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, asking him to probe the Federal Government over the $4bn recovered from the late maximum ruler, Gen. Sani Abacha.

Falana said in a letter on Saturday that the Federal Government had failed to account for the money which was recovered in tranches between 1998 and 2014.

The senior advocate said the Socio Economic Rights and Accountability Project had approached a Federal High Court to compel the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation to account for the recovered funds but that despite getting the court order, the OAGF refused to provide the information.

Falana said, “From 1998 to 2014, the Federal Government successfully recovered over $4bn from the Abacha loot. However, based on the refusal of the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation to account for the recovered loot, SERAP applied to the Federal High Court for an order of mandamus

“Even though the court granted the order, the Federal Government has failed to account for the recovered loot. In the circumstances, we have submitted a petition to the EFCC to investigate the alleged criminal diversion of the recovered loot.”

http://punchng.com/falana-asks-efcc-probe-fg-4bn-recovered-abacha-loot/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by faithugo64(f): 2:49am On Sep 25, 2016
they are all thieves!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by CecyAdrian(f): 2:51am On Sep 25, 2016
Another round of an interesting drama loading

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Vilshow(m): 2:52am On Sep 25, 2016
Bunch of Thieves... EFCC will not do the needful now

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Nobody: 3:55am On Sep 25, 2016
Nigeria; the reality on ground is survival of the fitness. I no longer believe what anyone tells me in this country or about the future of this country because I am seeing the present with my two naked eyes. Both EFCC, Fed or State Govt, PDP, APC, Senate, and every other Arms of Govt are all useless and has brought this once great nation to its knees so who like make him dey read Stuupid political news everyday, waiting for one miracle and not go hustle else hungry go beat you die. For how long we will continue to hear story like this, money running into billions stolen and no is brought to book even when the person is identified.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Pidggin(f): 4:36am On Sep 25, 2016
Only one man stole over $10 billion from Nigeria in 8 years shocked he also lodged this money in foreign accounts instead of helping our banks here

Today his children will celebrate parties and some gullible Nigerians will hail them because they are from the same region or religion

Propagandists are trying hard to tarnish the image of a man like GEJ who is being recognized far and wide for adhering to Democratic principles while reality on ground stares them in the face daily.

PMB - Abacha never stole

42 Likes

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by jay2pee(m): 5:47am On Sep 25, 2016
.......but I thought saint PMB said abacha never stole?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Icecomrade: 8:34am On Sep 25, 2016
Lolz
Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Tomiwasej: 8:35am On Sep 25, 2016
Falani shut up

2 Likes

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 25, 2016
cheesy grin What is falana smoking? FG controls efcc and magu. How can FG probe FG

6 Likes

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by ednut1(m): 8:36am On Sep 25, 2016
nawa
Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 25, 2016
Pidggin:
Only one man stole over $10 billion from Nigeria in 8 years shocked he also lodged this money in foreign accounts instead of helping our banks here

Today his children will celebrate parties and some gullible Nigerians will hail them because they are from the same region or religion

Propagandists are trying hard to tarnish the image of a man like GEJ who is being recognized far and wide for adhering to Democratic principles while reality on ground stares them in the face daily.

PMB - Abacha never stole

My dear from Abacha - PMB the money wey don miss road is enough to buy 248 Kenya nations

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by cyberaddict: 8:38am On Sep 25, 2016
Bitter Truth

1 Like

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by jolaoguntope: 8:39am On Sep 25, 2016
Okay na Buhari dey there from 1998 till 2014 abi?

Vilshow:
Bunch of Thieves... EFCC will not do the needful now

5 Likes

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Boyooosa(m): 8:39am On Sep 25, 2016
SonofDevil:

Tell us what did hero of democracy do with the recovered loots he received??
He told madam ojuyobo to give #dansukigate $300m out of it to add it to their campaign fund. Nigerians have 'technically' (in buhari's volume) recovered that during the last election grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by BuariCopyPaste: 8:41am On Sep 25, 2016
Bleating of a rabble-rouser and a failed charge and bail lawyer.
Continue to rest in peace Pa Gani fawehimi .
Falana is a disgrace to human right activism

3 Likes

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Boyooosa(m): 8:42am On Sep 25, 2016
jay2pee:
.......but I thought saint PMB said abacha never stole?
It was an oversight, he was googling then but now, he is holding the fawa.
Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by eph12(m): 8:44am On Sep 25, 2016
There's nothing to probe. The loots were relooted. God blessed us with someone like Abacha that had vision and helped us save money but our useless leaders have been looting the savings Abacha made

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Boyooosa(m): 8:46am On Sep 25, 2016
jolaoguntope:
Okay na Buhari dey there from 1998 till 2014 abi?

He did not accuse pmb of stealing the money in question but urging him to prosecute and recover the rethieved monies... Simfu.

4 Likes

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Anglovel: 8:47am On Sep 25, 2016
Thank God we have clever wise people like us who are not gullible, thanks for ur stance like mine Stelvin101 post=Nigeria; the reality on ground is survival of the fitness. I have never believed what anyone tells me in this country or about the future of this country because I am seeing the present with my two brilliant eyes. Both EFCC, Fed or State Govt, PDP, APC, Senate, and every other Arms of Govt are all useless and has brought this once great nation to its knees so whoever likes let them continue to read Stupid political news everyday, waiting for one miracle and not go to hustle else hungry go beat you die. For how long we will continue to hear stories like this, money running into billions stolen and no one is brought to book even when the person is identified with enough documentary evidence. .. .There was a Country. . .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by 1miccza: 8:48am On Sep 25, 2016
A striving after the wind. He who pays the piper dictates the tune

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Anglovel: 8:48am On Sep 25, 2016
Proactive actions n measures are urgently needed to be taken.
Anglovel:
Thank God we have clever wise people like us who are not gullible, thanks for ur stance like mine Stelvin101 post=Nigeria; the reality on ground is survival of the fitness. I have never believed what anyone tells me in this country or about the future of this country because I am seeing the present with my two brilliant eyes. Both EFCC, Fed or State Govt, PDP, APC, Senate, and every other Arms of Govt are all useless and has brought this once great nation to its knees so whoever likes let them continue to read Stupid political news everyday, waiting for one miracle and not go to hustle else hungry go beat you die. For how long we will continue to hear stories like this, money running into billions stolen and no one is brought to book even when the person is identified with enough documentary evidence. .. .There was a Country. . .
Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Boyooosa(m): 8:53am On Sep 25, 2016
Anglovel:
Hangover, why are you remixing another man's write up, are you Banky W by nature

3 Likes

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by rafabenitez: 8:55am On Sep 25, 2016
Believe it or not,All these corruption most are real,but one thing is certain nothing will be done,Nigeria politicians will always give the masses something to talk about,the idea is this,keep the masses busy,talking n shouting then uve distracted them successfully,thereby stopping them from revolting against the govt.WAKE UP NIGERIAN MASSES,SOCIAL MEDIA N LEGAL LITIGATIONS CANNOT SAVE THIS COUNTRY BUT A TOTAL AND UNBIASED REVOLT AGAINST EVERYTHING CALLED A POLITICIAN IN THIS LAND.NIGERIANS RISE AGAINST ETHNICITY AND RELIGION TO SAVE URSELF AND UR FUTURE UNBORN,ELSE URE ALL DOOMED.ETHNICITY AND RELIGION ARE THE TWO BIGGEST PROBLEMS NIGERIA HAS, THE MASSES IF ONLY YOU CAN CONQUER IT, THESE THIEVES U CALL UR LEADERS WILL BE A THING OF D PAST.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by SonofDevil: 8:56am On Sep 25, 2016
Pidggin:

PMB - Abacha never stole

4 Likes

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Boyooosa(m): 8:57am On Sep 25, 2016
BuariCopyPaste:
Bleating of a rabble-rouser and a failed charge and bail lawyer.

Continue to rest in peace Pa Gani fawehimi .

Falana is a disgrace to human right activism
How shocked

Pls enlighten me biko

In btw... I hope the same falana will not come back here and wail injustice: 'ehn they did not trial the criminal, ehn they did not give the criminal his/her human right, they were not supposed to arrest him for more than 24 hours, ehn pepesi, they were supposed to trial him/er before carrying him/er to jail' (thief wey we by luck catch, na him some pple go still dey solicit for shocked ... #DamnGate) and the likes. not putting it in mind that we have a useless judiciary system that will treat a sensitive case for 18 years and finally judge the criminal 2 and half years for stealing N190bn shocked. End of it all, they will say she has used 2.4 years already during the case that it is remaining only 2 months. And i trust the jailors cheesy as well, vip treats grin immediately the criminal comes in. Oye pumping, Chinese restaurant, first class medics and so on. This one com dey ridiculous; he go come come back, come become the Chairman of Board of Trustees of one of the most useless political parties (still in nigeria). #AngerMode

1 Like

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Paperwhite(m): 8:57am On Sep 25, 2016
Probe which FG? Falana must be high on Oshogbo weed to propose this.Corruption that have been a cyclical trend with all successive government? Thought Buhari said "Abacha never stole a kobo"? You think the same Buhari that is desperately asking the Swiss to return the remaining loot will want to contradict himself? Corruption probe my foot.

1 Like

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by vedaxcool(m): 9:00am On Sep 25, 2016
rafabenitez:
Believe it or not,All these corruption most are real,but one thing is certain nothing will be done,Nigeria politicians will always give the masses something to talk about,the idea is this,keep the masses busy,talking n shouting then uve distracted them successfully,thereby stopping them from revolting against the govt.WAKE UP NIGERIAN MASSES,SOCIAL MEDIA N LEGAL LITIGATIONS CANNOT SAVE THIS COUNTRY BUT A TOTAL AND UNBIASED REVOLT AGAINST EVERYTHING CALLED A POLITICIAN IN THIS LAND.NIGERIANS RISE AGAINST ETHNICITY AND RELIGION TO SAVE URSELF AND UR FUTURE UNBORN,ELSE URE ALL DOOMED.

Please can you start with Jonathan?

4 Likes

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 25, 2016
Gbam! Probe the RE-LOOTING of repatriated looted funds!

2 Likes

Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Boyooosa(m): 9:03am On Sep 25, 2016
SonofDevil:

He told madam ojuyobo to give #dansukigate $300m out of it to add it to their campaign fund. Nigerians have 'technically' (in buhari's volume) recovered that during the last election grin
Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by Onlymewakacum(m): 9:16am On Sep 25, 2016
The recover looted fund has been relooted. So EFCC won't hav anything to say
Re: Falana Asks EFCC To Probe FG Over $4bn Recovered Abacha Loot by HonabFaj(m): 9:41am On Sep 25, 2016
Guys,Probing the FG doesn't mean PMB administration, FG is a body and many people are servicing whether as a president, MDAs,ministers and many more, and from this news Mr falana is asking for the probe of the abacha loots received from 1998 to 2014

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

End Of The Road As JONATHAN Confirms Buhari’s True Identity….. READ MORE / Who Should Be The Next Minority Leader House Of Reps ? / Reps Probe CBN, FIRS, Others Over $30bn Revenue Leakages From Forex Allocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.