Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West (15051 Views)

Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him / Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise / "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by solok: 9:43am On Sep 25, 2016
LETTER FROM LT.COL. OJUKWU TO LT. COL.BANJO

22nd AUGUST 1967

Republic of Biafra Enugu,

22nd August, 1967.

My dear Victor,

1. For some time now, you and I have been discussing the circumstances that have led to the current and inevitable disintegration of what was the Federation of Nigeria. We have been fully convinced that the aim of the Hausa/Fulani complex has ever been, and will ever remain, the total domination of every other part of what was known as the Federation of Nigeria. It is impossible to forget that the crisis which led to the army take over in January 1966, the coup of the Northern soldiers led by Gowon in July 1966, the wholesale and indiscriminate massacre of the people of what is now Biafra- and, to a less degree, the people of the Mid-West and West, including the Yorubas, were all the direct result of Hausa/Fulani attempt to subjugate and use as tools, the gallant people of Western Nigeria namely the Yorubas. We do not need to remind ourselves of the heavy losses in life and property suffered by the Yoruba people in their fight for justice and freedom during 1965.

2. Sharing.our belief that the people of Yorubaland have a right to live a life of equality and self-respect and justice free of domination and dictatorship from any quarter, you have both identified with the cause of the Biafra struggle for survival and expressed your determination to see the people of Yorubaland freed from Hausa/Fulani domination.

We, the people of Biafra, for our part are willing and have decided to give you and the people of Yorubaland every assistance to achieve your aim.

3. After clearing the whole question with my Executive Council, I, as the Commander in Chief of the Biafran Armed Forces, have decided to place at your disposal Biafran forces, for the liberation of

Yorubaland on the following clear conditions:-

(i) You will have nothing to do with the Military Administrator in the Mid-West Territory during your sojourn there prior to your move to the West.

(ii) The willingness and preparedness of Biafra to assist any part of the former Federation of Nigeria wishing and willing to liberate itself from the Hausa/Fulani domination, does not in anyway whatever

imply any inclination on her part to compromise her sovereignty or preserve what remains of the defunct Federation of Nigeria. In other words, our sovereignty and break with Nigeria is irrevocable. Nothing must, therefore be said or done by you or any member of the Liberation Army to give a contrary impression.

(iii) Biafra is determined to maintain and safeguard her sovereignty and ensure that her integrity and safety are never again threatened.

(iv) Biafran troops will, after the liberation of the Yorubaland, remain in that territory only for as long as we in Biafra consider it necessary for the Yorubas to consolidate their position and sovereignty against any external threat.

(v) On the liberation of the Yorubaland, you will be appointed as the Military Governor of that territory.

(vi) The liberation of Western Nigeria will be a prelude to the liberation of all Yorubas up to the River Niger and the severance of all connections between the West and the North at Jebba.

(vii) During the period of Biafrans troops’ presence in your territory, all political measures, statements or decrees shall be subject to the approval, in writing by myself or on my authority.

(viii) Should our troops arrive and liberate Lagos, the government of the Republic of Biafra reserves the right to appoint a Military administrator for the territory. Such an Administrator will remain in office until a merger of that territory with Yorubaland is effected by Biafran troops.

(ix) As soon as possible after your appointment as the Military Governor of Western Nigeria and separation of that territory from Nigeria, you and I must meet to discuss:

(a) the duration of stay of Biafran troops in your territory;

(b) the areas and subjects of cooperation between the liberated sovereign states of Western Nigeria, or by what name it may call itself, and Biafra.

4. I do not need to remind you that Biafra regards all Yoruba as friends. As such everything should be done, to ensure the minimum force and loss of life are involved in achieving the objective of liberation.

5. It is essential, in order to avoid misunderstanding or confusion, that all subsequent requests for support be formally made to me by you in writing.

6. Will you please signify in writing, your acceptance of the above conditions so that you may leave for Western Nigeria and lead the army of liberation.

Yours very sincerely,

signed Lt. Col. Odumegwu Ojukwu,

Military Governor and Commander in Chief of Biafran Armed Forces.

culled from " A Break in the Silence : Lt. Col. Victor Adebukunola Banjo, pp.66-68, by F. Adetowun Ogunsheye, Spectrum Books, Ibadan, 2001" . Provided by Prof. Olufemi Ojo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by solok: 9:45am On Sep 25, 2016
E DON TEY!!!!
Domination and expansionist cravings!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 25, 2016
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 25, 2016
rubbish
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by DLondonboiy: 9:51am On Sep 25, 2016
' I do not need to remind you that Biafrans regard all yorubas are friends'..

The igbos are not the problem of the Yoruba...the Yorubas are the problem of the Yoruba.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by BuariCopyPaste: 9:55am On Sep 25, 2016
Yet some misguided Afonjas whose fathers were chased out of Kwara will be hating on Ojukwu as if he is is the one that chased them with cane.

36 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by sarrki(m): 9:56am On Sep 25, 2016
Ojukwu is a total failure

Nnamdi kanu is a disaster

Igbos are calamity

There followers are epidemic

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by dionma: 10:02am On Sep 25, 2016
No sensible leader will allow foreign troops on his lands hence the liberators become the oppressor. If you want to help send arms and ammunitions. I know that Ojukwu will never allow the west army on the south east especially in uncertain times when there is war or the threat of war. My take is that the suggestion by Ojukwu will nevervhave workef.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Igboid: 10:04am On Sep 25, 2016
This letter had been exposed as an afonja forgery to justify their choice to remain in servitude of their Gambari masters.

Why Yorubas think that repeating this forged letter often and on will make it authentic is beyond me.

I guess they are yet to come to terms with the fact that they no longer hold media monopoly and that the 21st century Igbos are more media savvy than our predecessors as no iota of Yoruba lies will be left intact by us.

Here is an old topic on this letter:https://www.nairaland.com/547151/letter-lt.col-ojukwu-lt-col.banjo/2

Take a look at Dede1 rebuttals on that thread and how the shameless Yorubas retreated.

That they will dare to bring up this letter at this point in time again says says alot about how the average Yoruba mind is wired to feed off lies against Ndiigbo.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Igboid: 10:12am On Sep 25, 2016
dionma:
No sensible leader will allow foreign troops on his lands hence the liberators become the oppressor. If you want to help send arms and ammunitions. I know that Ojukwu will never allow the west army on the south east especially in uncertain times when there is war or the threat of war. My take is that the suggestion by Ojukwu will nevervhave workef.

But Yorubas allowed Gowon and Northern military complex to headquarter in Lagos and from their launch military attack on Biafra.

You opened up your ports for them to import weapons they would use to annihilate Biafrans.

When Ojukwu sought for Awo help, Awo stated that Yorubaland don't have the power to chase away the Northerners in your region.

So it's alright for Yorubas to harbour Northern military who stay in your land to plot our annihilation while you claim to be powerless against them and treacherously claim neutrality, but it's wrong for Biafrans to try to personally terminate those Northerners who you harboured in your lands?

You can't claim neutrality when you allow someone to stay in your house to shoot at me in my house. The only way you show neutrality is by chasing this my enemy away from your house and if you can't do that like Awo claimed, then you allow me in to come and Chase away the enemy myself.

If you refuse to chase away this enemy, and would go on to protect this enemy by refusing me entry into your house to chase away the enemy myself, then it's obvious you are in alliance with this enemy and your talk of neutrality is at best treacherous.

60 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by jneutron4000: 10:14am On Sep 25, 2016
BuariCopyPaste:
Yet some misguided Afonjas whose fathers were chased out of Kwara will be hating on Ojukwu as if he is is the one that chased them with cane.
so the Yorubas should have allowed Biafra troops on it soil because they tell you that can liberate theirselve?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by jneutron4000: 10:18am On Sep 25, 2016
Igboid:

But Yorubas allowed Gowon and Northern military complex to headquarter in Lagos and from their launch military attack on Biafra.

You opened up your ports for them to import weapons they would use to annihilate Biafrans.

When Ojukwu sought for Awo help, Awo stated that Yorubaland don't have the power to chase away the Northerners in your region.

So it's alright for Yorubas to harbour Northern military who stay in your land to plot our annihilation while you claim to be powerless against them and treacherously claim neutrality, but it's wrong for Biafrans to try to personally terminate those Northerners who you harboured in your lands?

You can't claim neutrality when you allow someone to stay in your house to shoot at me in my house. The only way you show neutrality is by chasing this my enemy away from your house and if you can't do that like Awo claimed, then you allow me in to come and Chase away the enemy myself.

If you refuse to chase away this enemy, and would go on to protect this enemy by refusing me entry into your house to chase away the enemy myself, then it's obvious you are in alliance with this enemy and your talk of neutrality is at best treacherous.

i don't need to argue much with you I will just share you a video link so you could learn and stop talking as if you were there and actually knew what happened https://www.facebook.com/theafricaarchive/videos/832506310183787/

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by nnachukz(m): 10:19am On Sep 25, 2016
We have never at anytime hated any group. We just stand for what we believe in, fight for it as men do. They just hated us for that especially the backstabbing coward republic. We don't care what they think or say, we pursue our course as one entity minus the useless politicians among us. The below displayed republic can keep fuming in their mouth.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by sekundosekundo: 10:21am On Sep 25, 2016
sarrki:
Ojukwu is a total failure
Nnamdi kanu is a disaster
Igbos are calamity
There followers are epidemic

18 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by jneutron4000: 10:24am On Sep 25, 2016
nnachukz:
We have never at anytime hated any group. We just stand for what we believe in, fight for it as men do. They just hated us for that especially the backstabbing coward republic. We don't care what they think or say, we pursue our course as one entity minus the useless politicians among us. The below displayed republic can keep fuming in their mouth.
Now you stood by what you believe and some other tribe stood by what they think it right and because it doesn't favor you means they betrayed you right?? Waka

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by orisa37: 10:26am On Sep 25, 2016
This Reckless Recluse of a Military, why didn't he discuss these evil plans with Awo and Zik, before they started bombing Ore? What role did General Ejoor play in this Conspiracy between Ojukwu and Banjo?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by nnachukz(m): 10:34am On Sep 25, 2016
jneutron4000:
Now you stood by what you believe and some other tribe stood by what they think it right and because it doesn't favor you means they betrayed you right?? Waka
Is getting angry and spreading hate statement against the world biafra what you believe is right and stand for? Are you suppose to determine what is best for those who wants to break out? Do you know them better than they know themselves? Truncating the will of others can not honorably be said to be a right thing to believe.

12 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Marcelini(m): 10:34am On Sep 25, 2016
jneutron4000:
i don't need to argue much with you I will just share you a video link so you could learn and stop talking as if you were there and actually knew what happened https://www.facebook.com/theafricaarchive/videos/832506310183787/

I refuse to see the relevance of the junk video you provided its link to the discussion at hand.

Address the issues raised by Igboid or chicken.

12 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Marcelini(m): 10:38am On Sep 25, 2016
orisa37:
This Reckless Recluse of a Military, why didn't he discuss these evil plans with Awo and Zik, before they started bombing Ore? What role did General Ejoor play in this Conspiracy between Ojukwu and Banjo?

Which military plans? There was no such letter as the above written by Ojukwu.

The letter is Yorubas own way of trying to make peace with themselves for accepting eternal servitude to North.

The letter was forged, just as the Fajuyi story was forged. You lots just know no shame.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by jneutron4000: 10:40am On Sep 25, 2016
Marcelini:

I refuse to see the relevance of the junk video you provided its link to the discussion at hand.

and that is the major problem with some of you guys you refuse to learn from the reliable source. The video link I posted shows so many hidden truth about Nigeria and Biafra. I don't need to address any irrelevant issue because it makes no sense and it doesn't change the reality of what's happening right now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by brize(m): 10:45am On Sep 25, 2016
Yoruba don bring another forged letter just to save face............ If you like forge a letter of Ojukwu addressing Obama...... Biafrans knows the truth

9 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by SonofDevil: 10:47am On Sep 25, 2016
Marcelini:

Which issues he provided a video evidence,u talking trash.
Let him shove up the sentimental issues and watch the video which is the reality.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by SonofDevil: 10:49am On Sep 25, 2016
Marcelini:

Which military plans? There was no such letter as the above written by Ojukwu.

The letter is Yorubas own way of trying to make peace with themselves for accepting eternal servitude to North.

The letter was forged, just as the Fajuyi story was forged. You lots just know no shame.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=832506310183787&id=779505818817170&_rdr

Watch this video and cure ur ignorance

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 25, 2016
Afonja are at it again this early morning...doing what they are naturally gifted in; deception! This people are not straight...at all! If you tell them to stand straight; just stand simple straight, they will want to bend, lean forward or backward. Even their cap can't even stand straight, it has to bend sideways.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by SonofDevil: 10:49am On Sep 25, 2016
brize:
Yoruba don bring another forged letter just to save face............ If you like forge a letter of Ojukwu addressing Obama...... Biafrans knows the truth
Shut up!!
And watch the video here
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=832506310183787&id=779505818817170&_rdr

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by jneutron4000: 10:50am On Sep 25, 2016
nnachukz:
Is getting angry and spreading hate statement against the world biafra what you believe is right and stand for? Are you suppose to determine what is best for those who wants to break out? Do you know them better than they know themselves? Truncating the will of others can not honorably be said to be a right thing to believe.
here we go again with the same old crap. Yoruba have nothing against or with Biafra. For the fact that Awo, Obj and co played some key role in the issue of Biafra most have a very good reason and also for the fact that the Yorubas choose to do what they think is right and for their own interests should not be anybody issue and the Yorubas. And for Nnamdi Kanu insulting them for them for doing what is of their own best interest, that's where the problem really is. Mind you, the Yoruba never fought the Biafra war if you understand what I mean

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Khd95(m): 10:51am On Sep 25, 2016
Nicca had to flee the battle scene,leaving his worn out nd depressed lietenants behindgringrin

ojukwu wanted to 'liberate' the western region,he ended up surrending to a general from that same western region,good thing he died a NIGERIAN.

Ipob,learn lesson here,ojukwu was arrogant even right frm childhood,unfortunately his arrogance cost ibos some precious lives,now dilector is towing that same path of arrogancesad

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Marcelini(m): 10:56am On Sep 25, 2016
SonofDevil:

Watch this video and cure ur ignorance

Nobody has MB to waste in this recession on such irrelevant junk video.

If you have any point, bring it out here. This is a discussion forum not a video forum.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Marcelini(m): 11:00am On Sep 25, 2016
Khd95:
Nicca had to flee the battle scene,leaving his worn out nd depressed lietenants behindgringrin

ojukwu wanted to 'liberate' the western region,he ended up surrending to a general from that same western region,good thing he died a NIGERIAN.

Ipob,learn lesson here,ojukwu was arrogant even right frm childhood,unfortunately his arrogance cost ibos some precious lives,now dilector is towing that same path of arrogancesad

Ojukwu never wrote any such letter as propounded in this thread.

That doctored letter is the evidence of the limit Yorubas can go to propagate their falsehoods.

Yorubaland was a vassal state occupied by the North throughout the duration of the war. I see nothing to gloat over that, well unless I'm Yoruba, cos obviously Yorubas are good at being vassals, take a look at Ilorin if in doubt.

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Marcelini(m): 11:03am On Sep 25, 2016
jneutron4000:
here we go again with the same old crap. Yoruba have nothing against or with Biafra. For the fact that Awo, Obj and co played some key role in the issue of Biafra most have a very good reason and also for the fact that the Yorubas choose to do what they think is right and for their own interests should not be anybody issue and the Yorubas. And for Nnamdi Kanu insulting them for them for doing what is of their own best interest, that's where the problem really is. Mind you, the Yoruba never fought the Biafra war if you understand what I mean

Yorubas harboured and protected the Northern military stationed in Yorubaland during the war.

Your ports were used by the Northern military to receive military weapon shipments from their British overlords.

Yorubas were part and parcel of the Biafran war. Only as a vassal state.

8 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Khd95(m): 11:03am On Sep 25, 2016
Marcelini:

Ojukwu never wrote any such letter as propounded in this thread.

That doctored letter is the evidence of the limit Yorubas can go to propagate their falsehoods.

Yorubaland was a vassal state occupied by the North throughout the duration of the war. I see nothing to gloat over that, well unless I'm Yoruba, cos obviously Yorubas are good at being vassals, take a look at Ilorin if in doubt.

why is it paining you on their behalf naugrin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by jneutron4000: 11:04am On Sep 25, 2016
Khd95:

Dont mind the IPOB boys Ojukwu wey they yarn of liberating western Nigeria had to run when the heat was too much for him to handle. But am always surprise wey the igbos Start saying the Yorubas betrayed them my question is HOW? Is because the Yorubas choose to stand by what they think is Right for them. Is it because the Yorubas refused to give her people to the killed for Biafra struggle and believe or is it because the Yorubas believe they are also MASTERS in the One Nigeria So how did the Yorubas betrayed the igbos, the two tribes are different so what are they talking about

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Honours Izuchukwu, Winner Of National Scientists Presidential Award / IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu To Appear In Court Tuesday / Osoba: How Daniel, Amosun Traumatised Me For 16 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.