Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG (41882 Views)

Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG / Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up / Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 4:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
ogawisdom:

[s]D little rat is a product of failed home which gave him wrong home upbringing.

Nw dt he is rusticated let him go n rut in hell, he is nt worthy in character for a degree

U cant abuse d highest decision making body of d University - d uni senate n go free.

D uni shld arrest him and sue him for defarmation I.diot[/s]

Of what use is the degree in Nigeria in the first place?
And why can't he abuse the them? Do you know how often we are abused by them and the desicions they make? Fact is the Senate is faulty.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 4:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
herald9:
[s]This is a case of a child calling his father an ineffectual buffoon but still expect to live in the family house. [/s]

You're yet to obtain a common B.Sc but had the audacity, impetus and obscene effrontery to refer to a PhD holder who has many publications to his credit in such manners.

[s]Where is the respect for elders?

I support criticism, but this one was wild and uncouth. You merit the rustication[/s].

It pains me to see people who are not in unilag commenting on this issue.
So because some people are PhD holders all decisions they make for thw student populace, whether favourable or not should be allowed?

Please don't tell me you support criticism or I might be forced to ask your definition of criticism.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 4:51pm On Sep 25, 2016
Asito:
he threw caution to the wind and he is suffering d consequence.

What caution!! undecided
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by ogawisdom(m): 4:51pm On Sep 25, 2016
folasayolyn:

common let's be real. he also said that we have to do our work ourselves. we learn nothing that's true. when a lecturer in my school could make handout compulsory yet say if that's all you read you'd fail and truly nothing was there. he also asked if the education they are giving us is what they received true let them go back to the drawing table. he was rude yes, he's been rusticated let him be

D young man might have a case but u don't bring down a whole unilag BC a few lecturers r nt doing things right.

FYI do u kw those dt constitute d Senate of a uni, d basic qualification to be in d uni senate is if u are a full professor. To abuse University Senate means abusing every professor, HOD, Dean, DVC, Directors of institutes, provosts, CMD etc of dt uni including d VC who is d chairman of d Senate. He has no right to do what he did without being expelled. To do a thing like he did he would have withdrawn from d sch gather his verifiable facts and pursue his case.

Students like him usually have terrible CGPA usually struggling to meet 1.5 and are ready to take out their frustrations on d uni by protesting always n joining cult
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by chachanga: 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
Victorakats:
How do we know the truth when we're always made to believe that an institution is always greater than an individual?

When the armed forces kills, we'll be told that they're miscreants.

When an individual reports any government agency, we'll be informed that such individual is lying.

Well, everything is fair to God, as for men, we can only hope for something better!

A child doesn't cry for nothing!

So I have no conclusion on this matter!

Thank you

In the end of things eventually,
At the thick of all these processes,
One sad basic truth is to be found which is that:
There is no justice in the government of man only self-centered interests and the protection thereof.
Some decry those interests, some critique the efforts made to secure them
But search to the core of man's parliament and no esoteric brilliant glare of illumination will you see
Only me, myself and mine and when you've finally seen that such is all there is to it
Here's to hoping you would be able to handle such radical truths!

Cheers

As for that boy though, he very much needs to evolve a viable brand out of this whole fiasco.
It would do his future no good for them to have the last word in painting him as some undergraduate 'gani-adams' type
There ought to be more to him than yanking the chains of semi-expired VCs and lecherous lecturers
He could very well be the making of a movement that would command such national attention as would eclipse all the ohhs and ahhs we raised for that Jumoke Breadseller girl's miraculous lane-changing breakthrough earlier in the year.
But, the key would be further self-discovery on his part and what he would want his legacy to be...
Wish i could package him
#NoTime
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 4:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
SAMBARRY:
abegiii. Do you know how many people criticized Jonathan when he was still in office. Different People forming political analyst on tv radio and newspaper calling him names ,we're bashing his policies left right and centre. Why didn't HE get all OF them arrested for speaking against the presidents polices. Nigerian educationists should learn HOW to accept constructive criticism even iF it's from their student undecided

@bolded it even goes down to class level, you have some lecturers you can't argue with or discuss some certain areas of topics bothering you, even though it is obvious they are wrong. Just because they are PhD holders they believe they are know all.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by 4everGrand(m): 4:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
marshborn:
Watch out for adeyeye, i see him doing big things in the future.

He's simply being rascally...and stewpid.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 4:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
Asito:
[s]I am a nairalnder who is just giving my opinion about a thread. If e pain you, write your own opinion and stop quoting me. Thank you.[/s]

Your opinion should be shoved into your asss

1 Like

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 4:56pm On Sep 25, 2016
9jatatafo:
My question to the authority of unilag is this. Were this rusticated student to be a son of one prominent Nigerian or a lecturer in that university, would he have been dealth with in this manner?

If I hear, they would rather cover it. Or claim his account was hacked.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
sextrovert:

ogbeni, are u a lecturer ni

I doubt he is. His reasoning is even like one who is yet to gain admission.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by herald9: 4:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
motherfucker:
What has those publication done to your life as a Nigerian? I need answer FAST! You guys do get it do you? We are professors,engineers, etc on papers.
Without those publications on and off the Internet, what would've make up the bedrock of your academic research?
The quality of the research project is to a large extent dependent on the quality, quantity, and recency of resources consulted and cited.

As a student, I've benefitted a lot from such publications, as it has given me more insights to my project topics and the assents to research and discover more.

Without such publications, the Internet and libraries would've been useless.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Asito(m): 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
photoshoot:

Your opinion should be shoved into your asss
it's mine, so I don't see why not.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by habakukjss3: 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
By such action, I think the university senate and VC is dragging herself to disrepute. Every student has the right to protest peacefully and mr Adereleye and cos are not exceptions. No one is beyond criticism, VC and senate inclusive. IF they don't want aspersion to be cast on them, it a free world; they should resign immediately. Even world leaders got worse criticisms

1 Like

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
folasayolyn:

true yoruba would say until your hand touch eku Ida don't ask what manner of death did your father die. let's also remember our human rights end where another's begin. there is nothing like justice in nigeria. he should 1. not have named names 2. he ANONYMOUS in fact what was he doing at school gate after rustication

Ma, forget that story of him at the gate. He could have been at the gate, but that he was constituting nuisance is not true at all! The main reason they arrested him is because of the statement he made about a week ago.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by SAMBARRY: 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
photoshoot:

@bolded it even goes down to class level, you have some lecturers you can't argue with or discuss some certain areas of topics bothering you, even though it is obvious they are wrong. Just because they are PhD holders they believe they are know all.
that is ego working. They think it's beneath them getting corrected by their students because they're professors

1 Like

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by marshborn(m): 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
4everGrand:

He's simply being rascally...and stewpid.
smiley your opinion, only time would tell. smiley
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
motherfucker:
What has those publication done to your life as a Nigerian? I need answer FAST! You guys do get it do you? We are professors,engineers, etc on papers.

Lol, I didn't even see your comment before making mine. Expect a totally off answer from that guy.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by frenchkisser(m): 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
gbadexy:
I doubt if any company would want to employ someone with disregard for institution.
I wouldn't near such a rabble rouser.
well not everyone wishes to be an employee, for the guts which he exudes i perceive an employer of labour.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 5:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
rychard:

If this is your idea of the type of person out country needs as president then you are one of the problem of this country

On the contrary, you are the one holding this nation back.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 5:09pm On Sep 25, 2016
ogawisdom:

[s]D young man might have a case but u don't bring down a whole unilag BC a few lecturers r nt doing things right.

FYI do u kw those dt constitute d Senate of a uni, d basic qualification to be in d uni senate is if u are a full professor. To abuse University Senate means abusing every professor, HOD, Dean, DVC, Directors of institutes etc of dt uni including d VC who is d chairman of d Senate. He has no right to do what he did without being expelled. To do a thing like he did he would have withdrawn from d sch gather his verifiable facts and pursue his case.

Students like him usually have terrible CGPA usually struggling to meet 1.5 and are to take out their frustrations on d uni by protesting always n joining cult[/s]

You reason with your anus and it is already established that you have not been to higher institution yet. So anyone who protest or speak up for other students on campus has a bad cgpa? Your reasoning is so shallow.

1 Like

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
herald9:

Without those publications on and off the Internet, what would've make up the bedrock of your academic research?
The quality of the research project is to a large extent dependent on the quality, quantity, and recency of resources consulted and cited.

As a student, I've benefitted a lot from such publications, as it has given me more insights to my project topics and the assents to research and discover more.

What publication? Same one my dad used while he was in school some twenty something years ago? Please, say the truth!
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by motherfucker: 5:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
herald9:

I really do not know what education mean to you but what we have here in Nigeria, likely you clearly opined, is a circulatory system of non-physical-productive ventures. Everything begins and end on paper.

I was expecting to read something that has been invented, built, engineered, discovered, explored as a result of such publication which they(professors,PhD et al) had also copied from somewhere, re-written and passed down to you and you are passing same to me.

Rubbish... angry

1 Like

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by motherfucker: 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
photoshoot:

Lol, I didn't even see your comment before making mine. Expect a totally off answer from that guy.
Do not mind them. They think education is all about being able to string few embellished words in grammatical colouration.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by lastpage: 5:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
slimbless:
To be candid, the guy went overboard, he shouldn't have called out their names, he shld have js done that in a subtle manner.
He was actually fighting for the right of the students, but he did it in the wrong way

It is caused by this mentality of "l can do as l like".

No Diplomacy, No decorum, No tact...... just the usual rambunctious, garrulous behaviour!

He could have said what he said, reach the same audience and have the same effect, without making himself a canon-fodder for School officials who are looking for a scapegoat!

A lot of our younger folks still dont understand that this internet is no longer anonymous and whatever you say or write in/on it can be used against you.
They do not understand that gone are the days when you can just "machete" someone's reputation online without any worry or need to back it up with facts.

Even if the decision to rusticate him is rescinded, how can he enjoy peaceful learning in that school, under the same set of lecturers and officials?
He just set himself up for frying!
grin grin

Lesson learned!

Let him withdraw from the School, sit for JAMB again and pursue his University Degree in another School, if he is bent on having a degree.
He can still rise up and become the VC of that same University in future. undecided undecided
Never say-DIE! Aluta Continua, Victoria Ascerta!!.... but please, "Aluta" with sense.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Jay542(m): 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2016
photoshoot:

You reason with your anus and it is already established that you have not been to higher institution yet. So anyone who protest or speak up for other students on campus has a bad cgpa? Your reasoning is so shallow.
Ogawisdom no wan wise. Don't stress yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by whitebeard(m): 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
Winners72:
Adeyeye Femi will surely make his way to becoming Nigerian president very soon. He's so charismatic and truth inclined.
are u sure..cause that's what we said concerning buhari now take a look
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by lastpage: 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
photoshoot:

You reason with your anus
and it is already established that you have not been to higher institution yet. So anyone who protest or speak up for other students on campus has a bad cgpa? Your reasoning is so shallow.

Do you need to use those type of foul language on him, to put your opinion across, .... you that is even very educated?

What the student in question did, goes beyond mere protest: he made very serious allegations (which might be true!) against [b]NAMED PERSONALITIES
but failed to substantiate THEM.
Even in real life, he will be sued (LIBEL/SLANDER/etc)

Moreover, you cant undermine a system that you are .....and hope to still continue to be a part of!
Whistle-blowers always gather "hard evidence" first, ....then "remove themselves" from such system before blowing the lid.

His was just a case of "unguided rants" on Social media[/b]

Lastpage!
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by ogawisdom(m): 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
photoshoot:

Dt u r deeply hurt by this says alot abt who u are grin

If only u kw me u would not try to talk to me in dt manner except u want to be rusticated angry
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by herald9: 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
photoshoot:

It pains me to see people who are not in unilag commenting on this issue.
So because some people are PhD holders all decisions they make for thw student populace, whether favourable or not should be allowed?

Please don't tell me you support criticism or I might be forced to ask your definition of criticism.
Maybe it's you that needs to tell us your own definition of criticism, because that article is just an aggregation of ad hominems.

It's one thing to tell someone: 'Tunde, you're a fool, in fact your doctorate degree in zoology is waste. You should be in the zoo tending to animals instead of thinking of running this company.'

And another thing to say: 'Tunde, that decision was very poor, Mr A should have been appointed, instead of Mr B, because Mr A has a better qualification and more years of working experience. We are so disappointed. We expected better .'

Even if you chose to combine the two, the purpose of the write up would be lost amidst the insults.

Now judge for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
ogawisdom:

Dt u r deeply hurt by this says alot abt who u are grin

If only u kw me u would not try to talk to me in dt manner except u want to be rusticated angry

Oh my! The way you reason is he even more warped than I thought.

So because I said what I said, you assumed, in your mind and in my own word what I call bullshit...

I protested and if any protest occurs again, I would. Mind you this doesn't affect my cgpa or it also doesn't mean I am protesting because to you my cgpa is bad,

Pray tell me what the likes of late braithwaite who are activist, what they are evading since to you a student protest because his cgpa is bad...

And for your second sentence, like I should be scared sir? undecided
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 5:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
herald9:

Maybe it's you that needs to tell us your own definition of criticism, because that article is just an aggregation of ad hominems.

It's one thing to tell someone: 'Tunde, you're a fool, in fact your doctorate degree in zoology is waste. You should be in the zoo tending to animals instead of thinking of running this company.'

And another thing to say: 'Tunde, that decision was very poor, Mr A should have been appointed, instead of Mr B, because Mr A has a better qualification and more years of working experience. We are so disappointed. We expected better .'

Even if you chose to combine the two, the purpose of the write up would be lost amidst the insults.

Now judge for yourself.

@bolded, totally wrong use of English.

I hope you are aware we have various types of criticism? The type @2nd bolded sentence is positive criticism, which praises and praises.

And also don't forget we have destructive criticism. Which is what the boy did.

Now based on the definition of criticism(whichjis why I quoted you) can you see the boy is not totally at fault?
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Drdonzeez(m): 6:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
Winners72:
Adeyeye Femi will surely make his way to becoming Nigerian president very soon. He's so charismatic and truth inclined.
In as much Every rational mind is aware of the nauseating level of impunity, we must act and behave in a modest and unprovocative manner..The guy has gone beyond his borderline and has blatantly damage his reputation. Great men talkless and act more; not even in this autocrative system of government of ours where lamentations and pleas are easily brushed aside. I commend him for being balssy but with brutal honesty, he has bitten more than he can chew.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate / JAMB: Results Are Now Out For 13th Of May Candidates ( Screenshot ) / 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.