Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

What you need to know about Argungu Festival - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What you need to know about Argungu Festival (11663 Views)

See The Sorry State Of Argungu Fishing Festival Site(photos) / The Life And Times Of Emir Argungu Yakubu Nabame [c.1815-1854] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What you need to know about Argungu Festival by ipledge10(m): 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2016
Check the blog out to see more Amazing festivals around the world
Re: What you need to know about Argungu Festival by JAWBONE(m): 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2016
MsFaith:
shocked 75kg fish, 1 and half bag of rice in weight. I would love to attend this festival
The festival has not been held in the past five years or so
Re: What you need to know about Argungu Festival by MsFaith: 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2016
JAWBONE:
The festival has not been held in the past five years or so
hmmmm
Re: What you need to know about Argungu Festival by BrightEye(m): 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
mysticgal:
I always watched the festival on TV and I loved it. I remembered wishing to go for the festivities......... I still wish to. embarassed
God please borrow me 100 billion dollars from my account in heaven, I wan tidy somethings now. Thank you,, I give gratitude cool

I was born in Argungu, and grew up there. The festival was one of the events I couldn't wait see each year. Lucky for me, we lived closer to that river, and witnessed the most interesting things about the festival. Apart from these excitements, and that we might have the chance to see the president, it's also the only day in a year we did have excess fish in our pot. Oh my.... I miss my old life!
Re: What you need to know about Argungu Festival by mysticgal(f): 7:38pm On Sep 26, 2016
BrightEye:

I was born in Argungu, and grew up there. The festival was one of the events I couldn't wait see each year. Lucky for me, we lived closer to that river, and witnessed the most interesting things about the festival. Apart from these excitements, and that we might have the chance to see the president, it's also the only day in a year we did have excess fish in our pot. Oh my.... I miss my old life!
I envy you embarassed
Re: What you need to know about Argungu Festival by ipledge10(m): 12:20am On Sep 27, 2016
BrightEye:

you should be able to tell me more...the article is based on what I read and watched... you have first hand experience
Re: What you need to know about Argungu Festival by sescoline(m): 7:10am On Sep 27, 2016
*(INTENTIONALLY) ATOBATELE ROTIMI NEED YOUR PRAYERS* http://usherloaded.com.ng/intentionally-atobatele-rotimi-need-your-prayers/
Re: What you need to know about Argungu Festival by sescoline(m): 7:11am On Sep 27, 2016
*(INTENTIONALLY) ATOBATELE ROTIMI NEED YOUR PRAYERS* http://usherloaded.com.ng/intentionally-atobatele-rotimi-need-your-prayers/
Re: What you need to know about Argungu Festival by BrightEye(m): 5:41pm On Sep 27, 2016
ipledge10:
you should be able to tell me more...the article is based on what I read and watched... you have first hand experience

Yea you're right. You know I spent my childhood experiencing that festival , and recalling those days melts my heart. We had a lot of fishermen as friends who bring us fishes , and we also get chances to see different amazing sizes of fishes. We always wish the festival never ends because of the unusual crowds in our street, mostly fishermen with their fishing tools getting ready for a whistle that instructs them to start fishing. The runnings and shouts after the whistle is like watching ancient soldiers running to start a war. They jump into the river, and no one fails to full the container with fishes. Sadly to say, at least a man die during this competitive fishing in each of the festivals. There is lot to type here about Agungu fishing festival, but time won't allow me.
Re: What you need to know about Argungu Festival by IME1: 1:49pm On Sep 28, 2016
happy to have attended in 2009.
Nigeria has too many great things
yet it is in a state of ...
God help us, we need help.
Re: What you need to know about Argungu Festival by Chita29: 11:00am On Apr 06, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 / Tiv, Wives Of Tiv(non Tiv Married To Tiv People), Friends of Tiv This Way Please / Does " Bitter Cola " Ward Off Evil Attack/poisoning? How True Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.