Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" (33842 Views)

Biafra ‘Ministers’: DSS Puts Soludo, Utomi, Jerry Gana, Labaran Maku Under Watch / Biafra: Zionists Form Interim Government, Utomi, Nwodo, Soludo, Gana Make List / $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by yinkslinks(m): 6:32pm On Sep 26, 2016
his son is an artise like Jay-Z. he got money grin grin grin grin grin
cowardSeun:
This Falana is a typical example of the saying that an idle man is the devil's workshop.

Please someone should help him with a job.

And since he knows much about arithmetic and calculations, he should be made to head motor park revenues
Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by legendte(m): 6:38pm On Sep 26, 2016
Businessideas:

Most of the people still think this $7billion thing is a joke.
The money was released to the banks for use in their business and make more profits. Soludo is being clever by half.
His attempt at changing the nomenclature of the $7billiion is an irresponsible attempt to fool the gullible.
The questions are : who authorized him to release(deposit) funds up to that amount without appropriation when the funds don't belong to the CBN or his family?
Where is the money even after 10years?What about the part of the $7biliion in failed banks like Intercontinental, Oceanic, and Bank Phb?Did we get value for the money?
These are the questions he would be answering EFCC officials.
He definitely has a case to answer!!
Did you read the article or you just jumped on the comment section?
With your type, I can say that we are finished!

8 Likes

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by Michel2013: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
“One Of The Things You Learn As You Get Wiser Is To Talk Less As You Grow Older” – Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

please don't wrongly accuse me of plagiarism falana i am not buhari the plagiarist
Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by ohil: 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2016
Falana, has been one the layers I cherished so much but his recent utterances since this Buhari came on board has made to start looking at him with different perspectives. He is quick to make utterances without verification. If God destined you to be AGF before you die, it must come to pass. You ride to power by running people down more especially intellectuals. I hope you the profile of the person you are talking to.

Let there not be a repeat of what happened when Aganga was the finance minister.

A word is enough for the wise. Think before you talk.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by Businessideas: 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2016
legendte:

Did you read the article or you just jumped on the comment section? L
With your type, I can say that we are finished!
You are the one who haven't read both letters by Falana and Soludo so you technically finished yourself.
What would you lose if you support Falana's request for investigation of what happened to this collosal amount of money? Why should you read Soludo's letter and gullibly agree that that answers the question? We're talking of Nigerian banks for God's sake!
Which kind of people are you people sef?
Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by rhames(m): 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2016
This is maximum education for minimum understanding.

Another lesson learnt.

Dont start what you cant finish

5 Likes

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by Businessideas: 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2016
KingsCity:

I give up on you! Your own ignorance has degenerated to the level of stewpidity. Go and school yourself before you come here and be posting trash, pardon my language
You have a good mentor in Soludo when it comes to insult
Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by KingsCity: 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
Businessideas:

You are the one who haven't read both letters by Falana and Soludo so you technically finished yourself.
What would you lose if you support Falana's request for investigation of what happened to this collosal amount of money? Why should you read Soludo's letter and gullibly agree that that answers the question? We're talking of Nigerian banks for God's sake!
Which kind of people are you people sef?

And I actually wasted valuable time early this morning trying to educate you

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by WOCKHARDI(m): 7:01pm On Sep 26, 2016
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/211236-7-billion-i-wont-apologise-soludo-falana.html

After reading the above article and most of the comments made in ignorance by people, I have decided, henceforth, to use utmost restraint in passing judgement based on a one sided story. In other words, no more media trials and convictions. Is Soludo not exonerated now? Not only Falana but all of you that tagged Prof Soludo " a thief " and other derogatory names must also apologize.

5 Likes

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by Call07034780891: 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
Don't mess with a professor of economics..Soludo just made Falana look like an elementary school boy! cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by buffalowings: 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2016
Izonpikin:
Ayeba!!!!!...them don give falana upper cut... grin grin grin

F5 and suplex city.
Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by Splashme: 7:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
Falana is a disgrace

4 Likes

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by Businessideas: 7:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
KingsCity:

And I actually wasted valuable time early this morning trying to educate you
You are the one I educated when I told you that the CBN act doesn't superceed The Nigerian constitution.
This $7billion will be investigated if you like insult from today till Armageddon.
I hope you read the other comments that pointed out to you where you goofed on the statutory duties of the CBN
Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by tiwiex(m): 7:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
kross01:

Kindly educate me, how much interest have Nigeria earned from the huge ones we've been keeping with the foreign financial houses since we started having foreign reserves.

Where did he mention it was without interest. If u read clearly, it said management of foreign reserves. He just didn't want to blow his trumpet. Management comes with interesest. Even if it didn't, why keep all YOUR money in a foreign bank thereby creating jobs for them when u can create jobs for ur people and still have d principal? We make our banks look like public enemy to the system.
Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by stsinner: 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2016
i have always known that falana and festus keyamo are media clowns,only good on television.smh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by buffalowings: 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
undecidedYoruba:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/211283-7-billion-why-falana-must-apologise-to-me-soludo.html

Eleribu Buhari
Is this not the person he ought to make the finance minister.

I'm yoruba and without sentiment I applaud this guy for what he did for our banks
Instead of the dullard to appoint a person who has been tried and tested he his appointing a primary school economics teacher

4 Likes

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by Businessideas: 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
Call07034780891:
Don't mess with a professor of economics..Soludo just made Falana look like an elementary school boy! cheesy
Soludo is a disgrace to scholarship. It's within Falana's right to request for the investigation of this $7billion and accruable interest in the national interest.
A smart professor would have just endorsed Falana's position to show that he supports probity instead of his childish tirades against Falana. Are these banks and Soludo bigger than Nigeria?
Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by kross01(m): 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
tiwiex:

Where did he mention it was without interest. If u read clearly, it said management of foreign reserves. He just didn't want to blow his trumpet. Management comes with interesest. Even if it didn't, why keep all YOUR money in a foreign bank thereby creating jobs for them when u can create jobs for ur people and still have d principal? We make our banks look like public enemy to the system.
Guess you should direct your mention to the person i quoted, i only wanted him to teach me how the deposit became a loan.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by MadamExcellency: 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by MadamExcellency: 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
Businessideas:

You are the one I educated when I told you that the CBN act doesn't superceed The Nigerian constitution.
This $7billion will be investigated if you like insult from today till Armageddon.
I hope you read the other comments that pointed out to you where you goofed on the statutory duties of the CBN

Stop playing yourself in a public square.

CBN Board of Directors took a decision to deposit certain foreign reserve in Nigerian Banks as they do in Stanbic Bank, South Africa, UBS and other banks abroad and you come here to question why the board of CBN voted for patronising Nigerian Banks?

CBN is an independent agency of the Federal Government and as such enjoys certain degree of autonomy in decision making without interference from the Ruling Government.

The CBN just jettisoned the decision of the Finance Minister after its board of Directors voted unanimously to keep interest rate in double digit despite recession.

The board took the decision and not Professor Soludo hence calling him out and accusing in of corruption on CBN monetary policy is nonsensical to say the least.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by MadamExcellency: 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2016
Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by Onyiridike(f): 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2016
Businessideas:

Soludo is a disgrace to scholarship. It's within Falana's right to request for the investigation of this $7billion and accruable interest in the national interest.
A smart professor would have just endorsed Falana's position to show that he supports probity instead of his childish tirades against Falana. Are these banks and Soludo bigger than Nigeria?

Are you a son to Falana? Obviously, you are not making any point here. STOP ranting and talking from both sides of your mouth.

You actually think that Soludo collived with Nigerian banks to steal $71 billion and his successor Sanusi also concealed it?

What is wrong with some of you? You think $71 billion is a chicken change?

In a sane clime, Falana ought to have concluded a proper investigation with key evidences at hand before bringing this to public knowledge.

If you are not writing out of sentiment which is common among average Nigerians, then I advise you to look at things beyond prejudice and your level of awareness, otherwise you may end up exposing your own ignorance.

7 Likes

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by KingsCity: 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2016
MadamExcellency:

CBN Board of Directors took a decision to deposit certain foreign reserve in Nigerian Banks as they do in Stanbic Bank, South Africa, UBS and other banks abroad and you come here to question why the board of CBN voted for patronising Nigerian Banks?

CBN is an independent agency of the Federal Government and as such enjoys certain degree of autonomy in decision making without interference from the Ruling Government.

The CBN just jettisoned the decision of the Finance Minister after its board of Directors voted unanimously to keep interest rate in double digit despite recession.

The board took the decision and not Professor Soludo hence calling him out is nonsensical.

.don't mind dullard, displaying his crass ignorance in the village square

4 Likes

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by daryoor03(m): 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2016
Falana just get schooled on Economic and Business.

5 Likes

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by Call07034780891: 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2016
Who is this dunce? And who is the ordinary charge and bail clown called Falana compare to an erudite seasoned well baked professor of economics- Soludo? Abeg go back to primary school if you can't understand what the prof has said...

[s]
Businessideas:

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by Abuloma80(f): 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2016
Head or tail (Loan or Deposit) two important things are involved.
PRINCIPAL SUM
INTEREST SUM.
These two are to be due to CBN. Have the Banks remitted that to CBN?

Shikenan these should be all that we should asking of !!!!

1 Like

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by Businessideas: 7:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
MadamExcellency:

CBN is an independent agency of the Federal Government and as such enjoy certain degree of autonomy in decision making without interference from the Ruling Government.

The board took the decision and not Professor Soludo hence calling him out and accusing in of corruption on CBN monetary policy is nonsensical to say the least.
Save your story for EFCC. Farouk Lawal said more than this during his committee's investigation of Oil subsidy mismanagement until revelations started unraveling . Shiorr.All of them should be investigated
Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by dotedote: 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2016
I clearly disagree with you.
Soludo has come up with a very convincing defence which is being accepted by most of us but this still does not necessarily mean if he's suspected of something shady while in office, he shouldn't be called for explanation. Would you rather have us not read about it online? so the likes of Patience Jonathan could be displaying this madness of hers without our knowledge? Hell No! We probably wouldn't have known that she was this stupid. Any suspected public office holder (past or present) should like Soludo come out and give an acceptable explanation to exonerate him/herself

jakiedudu:
Charlse Soludo's explanation is clear as day. I remembered then as part of plans to strenghten Nigerian banks to compete favorably with their counterparts internationally, CBN decided to deposit part of the country's international reserve in 14 select Nigerian banks. It wasn't Soludo's express decision. It was a collective decision agreed upon by CBN board and well publised. Clearly Femi Falana got his facts wrong. He mistook ''Deposits'' for ''Loans''.
This is why I hate media trial. Accusing people of corruption on the pages of newspapers does not reduce nor fight corruption. Do your homework and get your facts and evidences right before you accuse someone of corruption.
Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by emmykk(m): 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2016
kross01:

Kindly educate me, how much interest have Nigeria earned from the huge ones we've been keeping with the foreign financial houses since we started having foreign reserves.

why not go and write jamb,what you are asking for is taught in ECO101..Dont come to nairaland and get free education as falana is doing.

what you are asking,you brain cannot carry it at a goal
Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by Ghost447(m): 8:03pm On Sep 26, 2016
DaGC:
Oya abeg help us withdraw the 'deposit'.
Is like you're the second Buhari, with all this lecture you still don't understand?

1 Like

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by MadamExcellency: 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2016
Businessideas:

Save your story for EFCC. Farouk Lawal said more than this during his committee's investigation of Oil subsidy mismanagement until revelations started unraveling . Shiorr

Why not investigate Nigerians and jail them for casting their votes for Buhari in 2015 presidential election.

You sound pathetic by failing to understand simple explanation.

A deposit can be withdrawn any day the CBN Board wishes hence if the Board found no reason to do so (assuming the deposits still remain) is not Prof. Soludo's cup of tea but subsequent CBN Governors and Directors of CBN.

6 Likes

Re: Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" by Ade3000yrs(m): 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2016
all I can say here is let's quit grammar from the backlash of sugar quoted tongue and collectively embrace farming just as 1/4 of the entire Russian population are now doing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Natasha Akpoti Loses Polling Unit To Yahaya Bello / Mike Bamiloye Consoles Yemi Osinbajo Over Election Loss / Buhari Meets French President Hollande In Elysee Palace (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.