Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,455 members, 7,812,395 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Sex Abuse Victim Gets Revenge 12 Years After - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sex Abuse Victim Gets Revenge 12 Years After (1195 Views)

Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / Kenyan Man Takes His Mother To Harvard University 24 Years After His Graduation / I Snubbed Him 12 Years Ago In School, Today We Have 3 Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sex Abuse Victim Gets Revenge 12 Years After by Kingsmond: 3:15pm On Sep 26, 2016
A SCHOOLGIRL groomed and daily sexually abused in a school cupboard by her art teacher reporter her attacker over fears he could hurt her own children.

Georgie Childs was just 13 when she was first taught by Robert Appleby at a secondary school in Kent.
Within two years the married father-of-two had groomed the 15-year-old girl and sexually assault her in a cupboard of the secluded art room.

But Mrs Childs kept quiet for many years not realising she had been manipulated until she saw a documentary about sexual abuse.
She became determined Appleby should face justice and Appleby, now 42, was later jailed for six years for abusing Georgie and another pupil.

Mother-of-two Mrs Childs, now 27 and studying for a fine art degree, told how the programme lead her to go to police. Georgie said: “It was exactly like what happened to me and I felt really sick.

“As a parent I couldn’t sit by. That could potentially be my children in a few years
“It’s life-destroying, a complete life sentence because you never forget the hurt and what has happened.”

Mrs Childs was struggling with problems at home and having no friends after moving from London to Kent and found a refuge in her art teacher’s classroom. Continue here >>> http://naijaoption.com/2016/09/26/sex-abuse-victim-gets-revenge-12-years/#.V-krhBJZDIV

Re: Sex Abuse Victim Gets Revenge 12 Years After by Kingsmond: 1:30pm On Sep 27, 2016
The Most Beautiful Place to Live In Europe

Burano is a small island in the Venetian lagoon, in Italy. In fact, Burano is a series of several different islands all linked with bridges. It is located just 7 Km from Venice and can be reached by boat or ferry. The trip takes about 40 minutes. The island is mainly famous for its lace work and there are several shops here where beautiful lace cloths can be bought. In the 16th century, the island grew in popularity when local women started making lace and it was soon very sought after by people throughout the country. The population of the island is today close to 4000 people
Burano is mainly famous for two things: its lace and its colorful houses. These houses are quite small, brightly painted and are extremely popular among European artists. There are some famous artists who own houses here, including Philippe Starck.

Church of San Martino

The church of San Martino is the only important church of the island. It’s not very large, nor very grand. The most noteworthy aspect of the church is its bell tower.
Museum and School of Lace Making

The museum and school of lace making was set up on the island to preserve its ancient tradition of this craft. The museum is quite small, but provides useful information on how and when such tradition started and explains a lot of other aspects related to it. The school of lace making teaches the art of making lace, which is a bit time consuming and requires a lot of intricate work: that’s why Burano’s lace is so expensive! Continue >>> http://naijaoption.com/2016/09/26/the-most-beautiful-place-to-live-in-europe/#.V-pkPRJZDVI

Re: Sex Abuse Victim Gets Revenge 12 Years After by Kcehi: 3:22pm On Sep 27, 2016
This very educative and entertaining; looking forward for more of this.

(1) (Reply)

Important Life Lessons From A Single Picture (pic) / Difficulty In Finding A Husband(photo) / Contraception In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.