Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Fashion Mistakes People Make - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion Mistakes People Make (27081 Views)

See Top 10 Fashion Mistakes To Avoid At All Cost!!! (photos) / Men's Fashion Mistakes To Avoid / 2012 In Review: Celebrity Fashion Mistakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by jammin(m): 2:58am On Dec 27, 2006
@ hot-angel fashion is a style of dressing that identifies you and your personality. Lots of people think they are fashionable in the same "uniform outfit" that everbody is wearing.

fashion is all about creativity in dressing. An example of fashion Dullards is this "color coordination" thing that blacks embrace.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by hotangel2(f): 3:14am On Dec 27, 2006
Jammin, I do agree with you that Fashion is a style of dressing that identifies you and your personality. I create some of my outifts, and i know what works best with my body kind.

But there are some things, people shouldn't do or wear. Personality or no personality. I don't like wearing what everyone is wearing, being unique is something i take very seriously.

People can be creative -- yes. But i still stand on the fact that there are some things people shouldn't wear.

Ohh Btw, i want to add that, I know today's fashion don't might be tomorow's fashion do. But there are some fashion's do that never fade. The little black dress is a good example.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by cabali(m): 10:06am On Dec 27, 2006
@ hot angel; good work get some more asap!!! grin
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by dominobaby(f): 1:25pm On Dec 27, 2006
U cracked me up big time hottie, esp that 'shimmer' part. Where you been girl? Seasons' greetings and happy holidays
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by diddy4(m): 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2006
@hotangel

i agree with all you have said but wearing a face-cap backwards, aint a crime to me. its more of fashion. if u think its a crime then no one should wear sunglasses if there is no sun out.

secondly, the suit with sneakers thingy, i think its allowed if the guy dresses informally. i wont say i dont do it, cuzz i do it. when i wear a suit with a sneakers, i fly my shirt and still got the tie but i dont button the top button of my shirt and it is usually a sports jacket. i dont button the jacket too.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by comechop(m): 6:01pm On Dec 27, 2006
There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with wearing socks with flip flops, or something like that. Make una enter -20 degree weather, una go understand. Some of ya'll think its not fashionable, una go tire. As for Me, body comfort comes first.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2006
Everything mentioned is a fashion mistake.

lol@ sandal with socks. gross.

suit and sneakers? what a shame.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by comechop(m): 6:16pm On Dec 27, 2006
Guys: DONT wear ur black pants (trousers) and black dress shoes with WHITE SOCKS. Pls. Just dont do it. pls
Girls: I honestly think tattoes are not appealing on girls. It really isnt. Esp the one that they do below their back that they think its sexy or what not. Seriously. Wait till ya'll get old, eww,

And wearing socks with flip flops INDOORS is NOT a crime. I insist. Esp. during winter. Lawd 'av mercy on you if u dont!
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2006
Some of una momsi still dey come dress una and una dey give people fashion advice ehh? . . . Tools!
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2006
comechop:

And wearing socks with flip flops INDOORS is NOT a crime. I insist. Esp. during winter. Lawd 'av mercy on you if u don't!

Turn the heat on like normal people.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 27, 2006
Some people have to pay heating bills ThiefofHearts.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2006
so do I. what's your point? You work, you pay bills. That is life.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by dennylove(m): 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2006
you see,NIGERIA is a blessed country,thanks GOD we don'thave to pay 4 any heat bills.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by cabali(m): 8:01pm On Dec 27, 2006
aint gat much to do with fashion really
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by stunatic(m): 8:03pm On Dec 27, 2006
as long u deh wear cloth u are part of fashion even being naked is fashion these days
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by cabali(m): 8:12pm On Dec 27, 2006
And being naked is good though!!!
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by stunatic(m): 8:13pm On Dec 27, 2006
it's better for women, they are more fashinable when their naked.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by cabali(m): 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2006
I know I am fashionable naked to the ladies grin
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by stunatic(m): 8:35pm On Dec 27, 2006
same here o!!!!
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by akamihe(m): 10:43pm On Dec 27, 2006
BABES - WEARING UR YOUNGER SISTERS' SKIMPY TOP THEREBY ENGAGING IN
INDECENT EXPOSURE
WEARING JEANS THAT EXPOSE UR MOST-OF-THE-TIME DIRTY PANTS.
WEARING THINGS THAT EXPOSE UR CURVES AND CONTORS (U KNOW THEM!)

GUYS - NEVER WEAR A NATIVE DRESS WITH A LACE SHOE. MAKE I STOP HERE.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:50pm On Dec 27, 2006
dennylove:

you see,NIGERIA is a blessed country,thanks GOD we don'thave to pay 4 any heat bills.

just NEPA bills for non existant electricity cheesy
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by diddy4(m): 2:01am On Dec 28, 2006
i repeat myself. I do wear sneakers with suit just the way i described it above. the first time i dressed like that to an event in Lagos back in Naija, I came out in the Gallery magazine.

suit and sneakers is wrong if formal but if u dress informally, it is allowed. P.diddy can tell you better.

fly the shirt
dont button the suit
leave the first and second button of shirt open
wear a belt that has a big head
make sure the jacket can also be used as a sport jacket.
lastly, make sure the tie is loose.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by diddy4(m): 2:03am On Dec 28, 2006
yes, i do wear socks with flip flops. the weather here is terrible and its comfy to wear when u are going to eat or something.

i wont pretend as if i dont do some of these. the ones i do, i will defend.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:03am On Dec 28, 2006
diddy4:

i repeat myself. I do wear sneakers with suit just the way i described it above. the first time i dressed like that to an event in Lagos back in Naija, I came out in the Gallery magazine.

These are the same people advoacting sandals with socks. Sorry if I refuse to take what they consider to be "high fashion" seriously.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by diddy4(m): 2:04am On Dec 28, 2006
i never said sandals with socks, i said flip flops with socks.

aint saying this for you to take seriously, im just defending how i dress cuzz aint no one out there is gonna tell me how to dress. i was born with fashion.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:05am On Dec 28, 2006
Denial must be a beautiful island cheesy
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by diddy4(m): 2:08am On Dec 28, 2006
i will appreciate it if you show me where i made that statement.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:11am On Dec 28, 2006
lol I meant denial as in you saying you were born with fashion  tongue

Plus I didnt mean that YOU advocate socks with sandals/flip-flops it's still stupid anyway but yea I meant Lagos people. wannabe fashion socialities that dont know shit about anything except the ones from Surulere like myself  tongue
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Nobody: 2:16am On Dec 28, 2006
I'll have to agree, the suit with sneakers thing is ridiculous. Yeah rappers wear them but will you honestly want to do as rappers do?. . . undecided It might look okay with the blazer suit and fly shirt thing (Usher style).

I'm wearing flip-flops with socks at the moment. It's too cold man and your turn up the heat advice doesn't work, money no dey grow for tree. angry
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by diddy4(m): 2:18am On Dec 28, 2006
lol, oh, yeah for real boo, i was born with fashion. did i tell you that when i was born, the new style of suit came out for men and ladies started wearing there flat soles. lol tongue

oh u mean in Naija? who the heck wears flip flops and socks in Naija? the person needs his or her head checked.

@donzman
do you know the meaning of informal dressing and sport jacket? come on now, i made it clear it has to be informal and a sport jacket.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:23am On Dec 28, 2006
lol I forgive you Donzie, just as long as you dont go outside in public like that. angry

I dont mind the sports jacket with NICE sneakers look as LONG as the dude's pants arent dragging to the ground and the jacket doenst look like something a retired primary school teacher would wear. Also such an outfit cant be worn to an important event
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by diddy4(m): 2:25am On Dec 28, 2006
@TOH
you funny. yeah, of course the pants wont drag and the jacket has to be fashionable. the shirt has to also be informal with some design on it or something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pictures Of Nigerian Traditional Dresses(ankara,lace And George) / Nairalander - Onyx Godwin pictures From his Make-up Project In School / Ladies, Would You Rock This '2018' Hairstyle For New Year? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.