Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,210 members, 7,957,474 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:19 PM

I Will Turn Uhonmhonde Into The Food Basket Of Edo State -obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Turn Uhonmhonde Into The Food Basket Of Edo State -obaseki (357 Views)

"Basket Of Tomatoes Is N25k In Lagos" - Moremi Ojudu, Daughter Of Buhari's Aide / INEC Announces Results Of Edo Governorship Election: Live Updates / CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Turn Uhonmhonde Into The Food Basket Of Edo State -obaseki by naijaleader(m): 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2016
The candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki, has promised to turn Uhonmhonde Local Government Area into the food basket of the state on assumption of office in November.

The APC flag bearer made the declaration in Ehor, headquarters of Uhonmhonde Local Government Area, while addressing party faithfuls during his campaign tour of the area.

According to Obaseki, who spoke in Pidgin, Uhonmhonde is blessed with a huge expanse of very fertile arable land that is suitable for food and cash crops even in commercial quantities.

“The entire length and breath of Uhonmhonde is so rich and fertile that it can become the food basket of the state if properly harnessed. In line with our agricultural revival and economic development, we will harness Uhonmhonde’s agricultural potential to the fullest”, he noted.

Obaseki added that for its rich endowments in natural resources, his administration is prepared to turn Uhonmhonde into the state’s food basket as its economic blueprint places emphasis on agricultural development and industrialization as major planks in his quest to create 200,000 jobs in four years.

“Uhonmhonde is very key to my agricultural development plan because of its rich natural endowments and inherent potential in agriculture. Let me assure you that in line with our development plans, we will turn this place into the food basket of the state.”
Re: I Will Turn Uhonmhonde Into The Food Basket Of Edo State -obaseki by Elkay3: 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2016
I see all politicians as the same, just little modifications... just me anyway.
Re: I Will Turn Uhonmhonde Into The Food Basket Of Edo State -obaseki by youngboi(m): 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2016
Tori wey dey follow news.... Mtchew
Re: I Will Turn Uhonmhonde Into The Food Basket Of Edo State -obaseki by KINGMAKER001(m): 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
Nothing new and different from what we have heard them say in the past....

(1) (Reply)

Udom: A Governor On Top Of Situations / American Set For Presentation The Biography Of Nigeria's President. / Today's Nigeria Newspaper Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.