Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari (17194 Views)

How We Got Job To Print Fake INEC Result Sheet In Rivers – Suspect (Video) / How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari / How And Why We Got Into Trouble, President Buhari Briefs Nigerian Prof In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by sheddy03: 8:44am On Sep 27, 2016
Billygee2u:

can somebody tell this man to honourably resign since he is confused and can't handle Nigeria's economy?
resigning will only make the situation more terrible. the most orderly means of getting him out of that office is by voting him out. let's do it when the time comes.
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by minwafor: 8:44am On Sep 27, 2016
This is shameful. By now, I thought that what the Presidency should be telling us is how and when we will get out of this mess we found ourselves.

This government should change their way of thinking.

1 Like

Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by Dinobi77: 8:47am On Sep 27, 2016
They selected few that will be loyal to them cos they woundnt want to put PMB in a tight corner. If they had made it all encompassing where PMB will b asked qtns, am sure he would v fumbled.

1 Like

Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by deflover(m): 8:49am On Sep 27, 2016
"We got into trouble as a country, because we
did not save for the rainy day. For example,
between 1999 and 2015, when we produced an
average of 2.1 million barrels of oil per day, and
oil prices stood at an average of $100 per barrel,
we did not save, neither did we develop
infrastructure. Suddenly, when we came in 2015,
oil prices fell to about 30 dollars per barrel.

how can this man lie like this.....where was oil sold @ $100 average from 1999-2015
this dullardeen of duara should stop lying abeg
as at 1999 oil was sold for $16 to $67 when obj left and from there to $110 as yaradua was president before falling to $67 and goodluck took over and it peaked to $120

So where did oil average at that amount

1 Like

Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by overall90: 8:49am On Sep 27, 2016
adviseseeker:
Please dig out the debt profile of Lagos state and the terms. Let's educate each other. Please.

this discussion is about how GEJ lack of savings led us into recession.

the issue of Lagos debt profile is a topic for another day.

i ask you again, how much did Fashola save for Ambode?
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by elldeb101(m): 8:59am On Sep 27, 2016
my question is if Jonathan and his economic team were still in power till today,
would Nigeria economy be in recession? even with the fall in oil Price?
we should sincerely ponder on this even though we will never truly know the answer.

As humans, we usually blame everyone apart from ourselves for negatives but we take praises for even the tinniest positive.

He is culpable too for what has happened . He should stop complaining and start looking for solutions.
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by dellsystems: 9:06am On Sep 27, 2016
Mister, until you make every part of Nigeria your constituency you will not have peace. Stop this your trial and error type of administration and look for competent hands. It must not be your friends, kinsman, or party members.

1 Like

Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by sheddy03: 9:21am On Sep 27, 2016
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by aubventure: 9:28am On Sep 27, 2016
adviseseeker:
Some will call this blame game but won't address the issues. They won't want to tell us how much was saved under le shoeless monsieur clueless. They won't want to discuss how come le shoeless was not able to tame boko haram but PMB was able to using the same military.

They won't want to discuss why monies meant for arms was used for electioneering. They will want us to get out of recession but won't want to accept the fact that it is corruption that got us here in the first place.

Children of hate won't ever say the truth simply because of the "my brother syndrome".

The shoeless guy saved 30 billions in foreign reserves. concerning boko haram if you know pmb as worn the war simply relocate to north Central.
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by kcbomba(m): 9:31am On Sep 27, 2016
If I say make thunder fire apc ego be like say I get bad mouth

1 Like

Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by jarmy: 9:37am On Sep 27, 2016
How can you say that? Tell me, what have you done to palate the situation as a citizen - nothing, i presume.
krendo:
How we got into trouble is by electing Buhari

Buhari is the problem!
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by robosky02(m): 9:47am On Sep 27, 2016
sekundosekundo:
We don hear

so tell us how to come out

that's what we want to hear

1 Like

Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by robosky02(m): 9:48am On Sep 27, 2016
kcbomba:
If I say make thunder fire apc ego be like say I get bad mouth

1 Like

Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by oluwasegun007(m): 9:51am On Sep 27, 2016
Now that you know those that put you in trouble....what should i do to them

1 Like

Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by baganas: 10:03am On Sep 27, 2016
ceeethru:
Let the blame game continues. Moreover, If Jonathan govt looted everything did he also looted buhari's brain?? I thought they said we don't need a president with certificate that NEPA bill is enough. Some people are reaping the fruit of your collective stupidity.
I guess you are not the richest and happiest man in town. And why not? Don't you have a brain? My brother you need resources to develop and not just brain. Nigerian resources have been stolen. While buhari is looking for wherewithal for money to fund his budget he has to make Nigerians to know the state of the economy. It's not blame game.
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by NaijaBlend: 10:09am On Sep 27, 2016
is this man not tired of pursuing shadows of the past?

Anyway...
TURN TO YOUR NEIGHBOUR AND SAY TO HIM...
"NEIGHBOUR, HAVE YOU BLAMED JONATHAN TODAY?"
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by EVENTSPRO: 10:23am On Sep 27, 2016
of a truth this our presido is sick in the head
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by adviseseeker: 10:31am On Sep 27, 2016
aubventure:

The shoeless guy saved 30 billions in foreign reserves. concerning boko haram if you know pmb as worn the war simply relocate to north Central.

This is exactly the problem. He ruined us. He had plenty but plurged us into debt. Figures below will do justice.

This took me sometime to dig up. Note the figures here for le shoeless is valid till November 2014. Could have been worst than this.

2. UMARU MUSA YAR ADUA (2007 - 2009)

EXTERNAL DEBT:
Inherited: $3,348.22 billion

Left: $3.94 billion Dollars

http://www.dmo.gov.ng/oci/News/docs/Fact%20on%20%20Nigeria%20External%20Debt%20Stock.pdf

EXTERNAL RESERVE
Inherited: $45.0 billion

Grew To: $63 billion in September, 2008
http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20090102021223zg/nigeria-watch/nigeria-s-foreign-reserves-dip-to-52-7-billion/

Left : $47. 7 billion (As at Dec 31st 2009 when Jonathan took over as "Overseer" )
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/state-of-nigerias-external-reserves-worrisome-cipm-president/#sthash.cXXdNcoU.dpuf

N/B:
The reserve grew when the price of Crude Oil was $147 per barrel
It Slided in Mid 2008 during the recession, when the crude price fell to $35 per barrel in 2009, till his death

3. PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN:
EXTERNAL DEBT
Inherited: $3.94 billion Dollars

As At Now: $9.3 billion Dollars

http://www.dmo.gov.ng/oci/edebtstock/docs/External%20Debt%20Stock%20as%20at%2030th%20June_%202014.pdf

FOREIGN RESERVE:
Inherited: $47. 7 billion (As At December 31st, 2009)

As At Now: $38.2BILLION http://www.cenbank.org/intops/Reserve.asp

N/B:
Of the $9.3 billion EXTERNAL DEBT, Federal Government’s owes $6.36b, while ALL 36 States plus FCT owes $3.0 billion

As at 2010, Oil Price was at $89 per barrel

As at 2011, It was $103 per barrel - During Le shoeless' regime.

As at November 2014 it is $100 per barrel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_oil_market_chronology_from_2003

Meaning, Jonathan have access to more more money than Yar Adua, but he depleted the Foreign Reserve and Still Purge Us into Further Debt With NOTHING to show.

Now go on and defend your boss.
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by obiageIi(f): 10:43am On Sep 27, 2016
I will like to welcome you home
when it's time. But I'll like you to
be ready."

I love this quote, shows a leader that's got a plan for the short, medium and long term. God bless the day I voted you.

1 Like

Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by sekundosekundo: 10:44am On Sep 27, 2016
robosky02:

Did you consult me before you go IN?.
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by obiageIi(f): 10:44am On Sep 27, 2016
aubventure:

Illiterate
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by KA24DETT(m): 11:11am On Sep 27, 2016
In Life, When you admit yuo screwed up, you will find solutions to your problem. Problem is, buhari has not admitted to ever doing wrong so we will not get out of this recession anytime soon.
Buhari should tell us his Short term plan for this economy. Long term plans. His plan on getting us out of recession. All i hear is "Jonathan, jonathan.". Do something.
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by temmyblaze001: 11:31am On Sep 27, 2016
priceaction:
Then get us out of trouble sir.....Thats what you are voted for. Instead of making your cabinet 70% technocrat , and critical thinking expertraite, you fill the cabinet with manual men that are part of those who plunge us into this mess after looking for so called "saints" for 6 months. And majority are just below zero in performance. Now, it is like tinubu has gone mellow after your so called boys hijacked the affairs of government. We will see how you will win this coming election because i know much wont be done in this manual administration.
I dont know why we, southerner, cant form a strong political affinity to show northerners that without us, they are nothing. That is why i always prefare regional government , any day any time. Nigeria is in the wrong hands and we (masses) need to break that their back bones.

guy don't bring tribalism to dis issue,Southerner has ruled and bleeped up........and we are suffering the mess ur so called southerner and his cabinet caused...am telling you Nigeria has fallen long before buhari came in as president,but it obvious in his government due to change of cabinet and policy
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by Stanbic(m): 11:42am On Sep 27, 2016
someone that knows how to apportion blames only, cannot handle a situation distabilizing a nation. what we wnt to hear from you is what you've done nd will keep doing to ensure the change you proposed becomes effective. enough of this blame trash
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by temmyblaze001: 11:58am On Sep 27, 2016
overall90:

for all you ' GEJ didn't save'crooners,
yesterday you guys were celebrating Ambode for winning an award as the best performing governor.
i am also sure that some of his works are there for all to see.
my question is how much did Fashola save for Ambode bc i know that Lagos is one of the heavily indebted states.
GEJ didn't save ,we all agree but the most important factor that got us into this mess is Buhari's cluelessness and his super-clueless ministers.

guy u saying shit here.....
fashola did so much dat ambode can build upon.....buhari isn't clueless.....but to rebuild takes time and perseverance.....am not surprised at d accusations against buhari,its a normal tin....but we fail to remember dat he is not God
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by rlauncher(m): 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
krendo:
How we got into trouble is by electing Buhari

Buhari is the problem!

You cannot reason again because of hate. Buhari is your president right now whether you like it or not. cheesy. Pray and wish for him to succeed.

No government can and had ever succeeded without the support of its citizens shocked grin
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by rlauncher(m): 1:34pm On Sep 27, 2016
Jay542:
I don't see anything wrong with what he said. He basically stated the reason for the downward movement of the economy. But he didn't say he wouldn't try to do something about it. Stop the unrealistic criticism. Look at matters with plain eyes.

Good to know that some people still think with their brain instead of their recession ravaged hungry stomachs. shocked wink cheesy grin
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by rlauncher(m): 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
priceaction:
Then get us out of trouble sir.....Thats what you are voted for. Instead of making your cabinet 70% technocrat , and critical thinking expertraite, you fill the cabinet with manual men that are part of those who plunge us into this mess after looking for so called "saints" for 6 months. And majority are just below zero in performance. Now, it is like tinubu has gone mellow after your so called boys hijacked the affairs of government. We will see how you will win this coming election because i know much wont be done in this manual administration.
I dont know why we, southerner, cant form a strong political affinity to show northerners that without us, they are nothing. That is why i always prefare regional government , any day any time. Nigeria is in the wrong hands and we (masses) need to break that their back bones.

Wait for at least 3 years[s][/s]
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by rlauncher(m): 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2016
adviseseeker:
Some will call this blame game but won't address the issues. They won't want to tell us how much was saved under le shoeless monsieur clueless. They won't want to discuss how come le shoeless was not able to tame boko haram but PMB was able to using the same military.

They won't want to discuss why monies meant for arms was used for electioneering. They will want us to get out of recession but won't want to accept the fact that it is corruption that got us here in the first place.

Children of hate won't ever say the truth simply because of the "my brother syndrome".

Don't mind them. They want to heap the blame on Buhari in order to ease themselves from their guilt for supporting Jonathan when he was mismanaging the economy.
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by Jay542(m): 3:17pm On Sep 27, 2016
rlauncher:

Good to know that some people still think with their brain instead of their recession ravaged hungry stomachs. shocked wink cheesy grin
Haaha. No yab them oo. Hunger na bad thingangry We just have to make them see reason that patience is keysmiley
Re: How And Why We Got Into Trouble- President Buhari by sekundosekundo: 3:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
robosky02:

Did you consult me before you go IN?.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Wants Kemi Adeosun Arrested, Accuses FG Of Planning To Help Her Escape From / Gbajabiamila To Tinubu: You’re An Eagle, Where You Are Going Is Destined / LP Supporters Protest In Abia, Ask INEC To Declare Otti Governor-Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.