Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,702 members, 7,955,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:55 AM

The Hypocricy Of Nigerians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Hypocricy Of Nigerians (780 Views)

Hypocricy Of Pentecostal Churches / The Hypocricy Of God / Hypocricy Of Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by EyeHateGod: 1:12am On Sep 27, 2016
[size=20pt]People In Nigeria Seriously Don't Believe This They are Even skeptical about It:[/size]
The Yoruba tribe of West Africa has a myth about how they where created:

In the beginning, there was only the sky above, water and marshland below.

The chief god Olorun ruled the sky, and the goddess Olokun ruled what was below.

Obatala, another god, reflected upon this situation, then went to Olorun for permission to create dry land for all kinds of living creatures to inhabit.

He was given permission, so he sought advice from Orunmila, oldest son of Olorun and the god of prophecy.

He was told he would need a gold chain long enough to reach below, a snail's shell filled with sand, a white hen, a black cat, and a palm nut, all of which he was to carry in a bag.

All the gods contributed what gold they had, and Orunmila supplied the articles for the bag.

When all was ready, Obatala hung the chain from a corner of the sky, placed the bag over his shoulder, and started the downward climb. When he reached the end of the chain he saw he still had some distance to go.

From above, he heard Orunmila instruct him to pour the sand from the snail's shell, and also immediately release the white hen.

He did as he was told, whereupon the hen landing on the sand began scratching and scattering it about.

Wherever the sand landed it formed dry land, the bigger piles becoming hills and the smaller piles valleys. Obatala jumped to a hill and named the place Ife.

The dry land now extended as far as he could see.

He dug a hole, planted the palm nut, and saw it grow to maturity in a flash. The mature palm tree dropped more palm nuts on the ground, each of which grew immediately to maturity and repeated the process. Obatala settled down with the cat for company.

Many months passed, and he grew bored with his routine.

He decided to create beings like himself to keep him company.

He dug into the sand and soon found clay with which to mould figures like himself and started on his task, but he soon grew tired and decided to take a break.

He made wine from a nearby palm tree, and drank bowl after bowl. Not realizing he was drunk, Obatala returned to his task of fashioning the new beings; because of his condition he fashioned many imperfect figures.

Without realizing this, he called out to Olorun to breathe life into his creatures.

The next day he realized what he had done, and swore never to drink again, and to take care of those who were deformed, thus becoming Protector of the Deformed.

The new people built huts as Obatala had done, and soon Ife prospered and became a city.

All the other gods were happy with what Obatala had done, and visited the land often, except for Olokun, the ruler of all below the sky.

She had not been consulted by Obatala, and grew angry that he had usurped so much of her kingdom.

When Obatala returned to his home in the sky for a visit, Olokun summoned the great waves of her vast oceans and sent them surging across the land.

Wave after wave she unleashed, until much of the land was underwater and many of the people were drowned.

Those that had fled to the highest land beseeched the god Eshu who had been visiting, to return to the sky and report what was happening to them.

Eshu demanded sacrifice be made to Obatala and himself before he would deliver the message.

The people sacrificed some goats, and Eshu returned to the sky.

When Orunmila heard the news he climbed down the golden chain to the earth, and cast many spells which caused the flood waters to retreat and the dry African land reappear.

So ended the great flood.

[size=20pt]But Actually Believe This:[/size]
The Christian creation story can be found in the book of Genesis in the Bible. The story describes the creation of light and darkness, the Earth, plants and animals, and finally, of humankind. This all occurs in 6 days, and on the 7th, the all-powerful creator had a rest day (a big hint that this is a mythological story).

In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth. The Earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters.

And God said, "Let there be light" and there was light. And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

And God said, "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters." And God made the firmament and separated the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament. And it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.

And God said, "Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear." And it was so. God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good. And God said, "let the earth put forth vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, upon the Earth."

And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening and there was morning, a third day. And God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years, and let them be lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light upon the earth." And it was so. And God made the two great lights, the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night; he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light upon the earth, to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening and there was morning, a fourth day.

And God said, "Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the firmament of the heavens." So God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth." And there was evening and there was morning, a fifth day.

And God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds, cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds." And it was so. And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds, and the cattle according to their kinds, and everything that creeps upon the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth." So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth."

And God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed which is upon the face of all earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the Earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have give

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by sanpipita(m): 1:17am On Sep 27, 2016
Everyone got his or her beliefs and history, you dont have to like it, just ignore dont hate, alot of things in this world are very much disputable whether from bible or quran etc, we are not living in a perfect world
Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by EyeHateGod: 1:25am On Sep 27, 2016
sanpipita:
Everyone got his or her beliefs and history, you dont have to like it, just ignore dont hate, alot of things in this world are very much disputable whether from bible or quran etc, we are not living in a perfect world
See there is A reason for all this lemme ask u a Question
Can a traditional worshiper who believe in the Creationist myth Hold any Govt office in Nigeria? Do u know what our Constitution says about it? That's y the Topic says "The hypocrisy of Nigerians" u have the right to believe in what ever u want but when u start implementing ur believe to control my life and persecute me That's when i have a problem with it!!

4 Likes

Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by hopefulLandlord: 1:31am On Sep 27, 2016
that's what religion brought about by slavery and inferiority brings

the white people told us their story and we swallow it hook line and sinker, even making up stories in order to plug certain holes in the story

it becomes even more clear when you look at the fact that our forefathers sold their children for "mirror", I mean literal hand mirror

anything a white person says is believed with little to no skepticism but a black person is questioned

our people get treated like slaves in their places of work by lighter skinned people

they become psychologically programmed to be subordinates to the lighter skinned people

we have grown to believe that worshippers of our local gods are "evil" without exceptions unless they leave their gods and become a Muslim or Christian

such people are avoided like a plague when their religious affiliation is known

yet many of the Christians and Muslims would go to shrines when certain health problems arise

Nigerians have the worst case of Stockholm syndrome

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by JerryLegend(m): 1:32am On Sep 27, 2016
Hypocrites u mean? Every one haa their own belief... Even at your immediate family u have some story line
Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by EyeHateGod: 1:34am On Sep 27, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

the white people told us their story and we swallow it hook line and sinker, even making up stories in order to plug certain holes in the story

it becomes even more clear when you look at the fact that our forefathers sold their children for "mirror", I mean literal hand mirror

we have grown to believe that worshippers of our local gods are "evil" without exceptions unless they leave their gods and become a Muslim or Christian

yet many of the Christians and Muslims would go to shrines when certain health problems arise

I was watching the movie 12 years a slave and i was like are black people really this dumb? Then i realize that this is the same thing i see everyday my brother it's very sad o

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by EyeHateGod: 1:35am On Sep 27, 2016
JerryLegend:
Hypocrites u mean?

Doesn't charity begins at home?

Every one haa their own belief... Even at your immediate family u have some story line
Does this story line involve the Jews? And their creationist myth?
Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by hopefulLandlord: 1:41am On Sep 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

I was watching the movie 12 years a slave and i was like are black people really this dumb? Then i realize that this is the same thing i see everyday my brother it's very sad o

bros it gets even worse in the corporate world

there are several contracts I would be fighting for that hit a brick wall

I would then tell a white friend to call such potential clients and pretend like my boss

once the clients hear a British or American accent, their brain melts and you see them agree to award the contract to me

so many such contracts have been won this way

there was even one that agreed to pay more than I was negotiating, all because some soft British accent was at the other end, they've not even seen if he's really white, they just hear a "white voice"

My white friend just laughs about it which I also do

but I think deeply about it when alone and it makes me SAD!!

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by EyeHateGod: 2:01am On Sep 27, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Seriously me self if i tell u i understand what is going on m lying. It seams to me that Black skin is a curse Everywhere i look in Africa The same thing to us Charity doesn't begin at home
Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by sanpipita(m): 8:21am On Sep 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

See there is A reason for all this lemme ask u a Question
Can a traditional worshiper who believe in the Creationist myth Hold any Govt office in Nigeria? Do u know what our Constitution says about it? That's y the Topic says "The hypocrisy of Nigerians" u have the right to believe in what ever u want but when u start implementing ur believe to control my life and persecute me That's when i have a problem with it!!

I have problems with hypocrisy too and i tell you Nigerians are full of it, religion and beliefs have been our major hinderance, just doubt anyone will force anything on the other, we are all old enough to practice what we choose for ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by Ranchhoddas: 10:45am On Sep 27, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

bros it gets even worse in the corporate world

there are several contracts I would be fighting for that hit a brick wall

I would then tell a white friend to call such potential clients and pretend like my boss

once the clients hear a British or American accent, their brain melts and you see them agree to award the contract to me

so many such contracts have been won this way

there was even one that agreed to pay more than I was negotiating, all because some soft British accent was at the other end, they've not even seen if he's really white, they just hear a "white voice"

My white friend just laughs about it which I also do

Don't be sad. I need a contract/job/loan. Which one you get for me? I am depressingly broke and this country dey show me pepper.
Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by Aaronsrod: 1:28pm On Sep 27, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

anything a white person says is believed with little to no skepticism but a black person is questioned

our people get treated like slaves in their places of work by lighter skinned people

they become psychologically programmed to be subordinates to the lighter skinned people

Wrong. We have fear of The Lord. It is well.
Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by EyeHateGod: 1:54am On Sep 28, 2016
Aaronsrod:

Wrong. We have fear of The Lord. It is well.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by otemanuduno: 2:51am On Sep 28, 2016
I love all the gods of my land; Olorun, Chuku, Abassi, Ogene and goddess Aluna, I rep you all. But Atum, the god of Egypt, the god of civilization (my helper), I SAY TIRI GBOSA FOR YOU.

Jacksonville, come and rep yahweh your god o.

MAY THE LIGHT OF REVERAD THE ALMIGHTY GOD SHINE ON THE BRAINS OF AFRICANS TO KNOW THAT FOREIGN gods ARE NOT BETTER THAN THE gods OF OUR LANDS. ASE.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by CAPSLOCKED: 8:38am On Sep 28, 2016
JerryLegend:
Hypocrites u mean? Every one haa their own belief... Even at your immediate family u have some story line

THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIID MANIFESTED THE VERY MOMENT THEY DUMPED THEIRS FOR THE WHITE MAN'S.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by hopefulLandlord: 9:56am On Dec 15, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIID MANIFESTED THE VERY MOMENT THEY DUMPED THEIRS FOR THE WHITE MAN'S.

Hehehehehehehehe
Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by hopefulLandlord: 11:16am On Dec 15, 2016
hypocrites
Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by hopefulLandlord: 3:03am On Jan 17, 2017
^Thats what they are
Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 17, 2017
Imagine if someone wanted to teach that Yoruba creation story in schools, no one would accept it as truth, and would probably laugh at its absurdities.
Yet no one says a thing about the Hebrew creation story that's equally absurd.

As advanced as Japan is now they never left their culture for the white man's.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by Afobear: 8:52am On Jan 17, 2017
nigerians are the mos hypocritical beings in the surface of this galaxy not even earth ....very stupid gullible senile depressed souls
Re: The Hypocricy Of Nigerians by EyeHateGod: 3:08pm On Jan 18, 2017
Afobear:
nigerians are the mos hypocritical beings in the surface of this galaxy not even earth ....very stupid gullible senile depressed souls
Na so we see am o

(1) (Reply)

How Best Do I Break Loose From This. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/10/16 / History Revealed, Jesus’ Tomb Discovered In Church Of The Holy Sepulchre, Empty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.