Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Tinubu Deserves To Be Commended For Speaking Up Against Injustice – Olulade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Deserves To Be Commended For Speaking Up Against Injustice – Olulade (422 Views)

FFK Applauds Oyedepo, Enenche, Suleman For Speaking Against Herdsmen / Biafra Is A Genuine Struggle Against Injustice Meted At Ndigbo – Ex Dep Gov / Tanko Yakasai To Tinubu: Speak Out Now Against Injustice Rocking APC - Tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Deserves To Be Commended For Speaking Up Against Injustice – Olulade by fastnewsng2016: 7:18am On Sep 27, 2016
Honourable Segun Olulade represents Epe Constituency II in the Lagos State House of Assembly on the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC). He is the Chairman, House Committee on Health Services. In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he spoke on crucial issues as it affects the party. Excerpts:

What is your take on the letter written by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu demanding the resignation of the National Chairman of your party, Chief John Odigie- Oyegun, do you think it is the right thing to do?
First, I must say this, that I am extremely worried about the state of our nation. I am equally worried about the scarcity of men of integrity who will mentor and provide good leadership for the next generation. On this note, I salute Asiwaju Bola Tinubu for being courageous and always identifying himself with the cause of the masses. I also salute him for coming out to publicly express his feelings and majority of members of our party. I thought he will remain silent about latest developments within APC. That was my initial belief until I saw the letter he wrote demanding the resignation of the National Chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie- Oyegun. When you talk about the APC today, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has 65- 70 percent stakes because the then Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) that merged with the Congress for Progressives Change (CPC) was the major party in the merger. Being the leader of ACN and considering his contributions towards the success the party today, I think he cannot just fold his hands and watch the ideals of the party being eroded as it is being done by Oyegun today. Just like Asiwaju Tinubu did, I believe it is time for people who believe in fair play, justice and progress of the party to rise and also speak against the actions of the National Chairman. To me, it worrisome that the same impunity that we fought against which made us vote out the PDP is now rearing its ugly head within our party, the party of progressives. It started with the National Assembly; since then, the nation and our party has not enjoyed peace.

Some sections of Nigerians are saying the letter to Oyegun was borne out of the fact that Asiwaju Tinubu’s candidate in the Ondo APC primary, Dr. Segun Abraham lost the election to Barrister Rotimi Akeredolu. Would he have written the letter if his anointed candidate had won even if there are seeming irregularities?
Those who are saying that are ignorant people who shouldn’t be taken serious. I don’t think Asiwaju is angry because the candidate he endorsed lost. As a loyal party leader who believes in democratic ideals, he will never do such a thing. What he is making demands of is that nothing stands on nothing. What they did in Ondo is a fraud and it is unfortunate that the National Chairman of the party is endorsing that fraud. We called APC a party of change, which connotes change from impunity, from fraud, from injustice, from lawlessness and a departure from the ugly ways of doing things in the past. Now that our party is in charge, it is unfortunate that negative change is now rearing its ugly head again under the leadership of Oyegun. That is what Asiwaju Tinubu is raising his voice against. You can see that from the headline of his letter which says “Oyegun’s Ondo fraud: The violation of democracy in the APC”. The action of the national leader is clearly a violation of democracy. How can six be greater than five in a party of change? His major grouse is that the APC’s democratic credentials had been dealt a big blow by Odigie-Oyegun’s conduct, especially with his handling of the outcome of the Ondo State governorship primary. What he is saying is that charity must begin at home. We must endeavour to practice what we preach. So, it behooves on him as a democrat and progressive leader to come out and defend his people because he was the one that led us into this alliance. He cannot abandon the people of Nigeria and APC supporters at this critical period. That is why it is expedient of him to come out and defend his people that believe so much in his leadership. If the national chairman of a party is endorsing a fraudulent act, what should we then expect of party members? It is a clear sign that such a leader is unfit to lead. That is why I also align myself with the position of Asiwaju Tinubu and I said that Chief John Odigie- Oyegun should resign forthwith as the National Chairman of our party.

Are you suspecting a conspiracy against Asiwaju Tinubu?
There is no doubt about that. It is as clear as day. We are not kids and we can read the body language. We, the loyal followers of Asiwaju Tinubu know that there is a grand conspiracy against him. We also know that that there is a conspiracy that is tilted towards ethnicity and religion and it is bad for us as a nation.

Given this current development, do you foresee a good outing for the APC in the Ondo governorship election?
For me, I think if we can withdraw and toe the path of honour. If we can convince the electorates to still believe in the change they have not seen. Then we can be hopeful. If not, then too bad.

Now that issues have gotten to this stage, what role do you think President Buhari can play?
The role I expect President Buhari to play is what Asiwaju Tinubu is playing now. I expect the president to also join in this crusade if he truly believes in that progressive ideology on which platform he was able to become the president of this country. He has no money to even fight his cause but some people who believe in his ability and integrity made tremendous sacrifices to make sure he realises his ambition. I think it is time for him to put that integrity to test by telling Oyegun he is unfit to continue in his capacity as national chairman given his role in the fraud that took place in Ondo primary.

What is your perspective on the ongoing debate on whether some of our national assets be sold in order to revamp the economy?
I am totally against the sale of our national assets. In the first instance, who are those advising us to sell these assets and who are those to buy them. It is the same cabal; the same set of people who have enriched themselves with our common patrimony are the ones who will eventually buy these assets. Just imagine- the Dangotes and the Sarakis are the ones telling us to sell our national assets in order to raise money. Initially, we are talking about privatisation and concessioning, can’t that be enhanced? Why should we even moot the idea of selling our national assets? Even if it is compulsory that they need to sell these assets, let them sell it to the Nigerian masses, not to private individuals. Even if they decide to sell to the masses, it is this same corrupt people that will give money to 10-15 companies to come and buy these assets. If we sell everything we have now, what then is going to be left for the future generations? Honestly, I think we are misplacing our priority and it is

http://fastnews.com.ng/tinubu-deserves-…e-in-apc-olulade/

Re: Tinubu Deserves To Be Commended For Speaking Up Against Injustice – Olulade by Luckylife(m): 7:25am On Sep 27, 2016
Commended ! Are you kidding me ? Who plunged innocent Nigerians into to 21st century world scams ?
Re: Tinubu Deserves To Be Commended For Speaking Up Against Injustice – Olulade by jcross19: 7:26am On Sep 27, 2016
Criminals looting the country dry.

(1) (Reply)

Death Penalty For Government Fund Looters / FG Declares October 3rd A Public Holiday / Nigeria Newspaper Review 30 September 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.