Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

How Real Is The Niger Delta Struggle? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Real Is The Niger Delta Struggle? (356 Views)

"James Ibori, Alamieyeseigha Are Victims Of Niger Delta Struggle" -gov Dickson / Niger Delta Struggle Beyond Ex-militants’ Allowance — NDDF / Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Real Is The Niger Delta Struggle? by omenkaGrazing: 11:30am On Sep 27, 2016
I have noticed that the ijaws have been at the forefront of the Niger Delta struggle. From the days of MEND to the NDA of today. It looks like Niger Delta = Ijaw because the Niger Delta is made up of many minority tribes but only Ijaws have been largely involved in militancy.

Recently, I had thought that the NDA struggle was to free the Niger Delta people from the yoke of bondage of the hausa/fulani.

I was so disappointed when the NDA decided to abandon the stuggle and even addressed Buhari as 'Dear president.' Now that the EFCC is going after Patience Jonathan, the NDA have suddenly started their agitation again. Does it mean that all the NDA was doing before was just to protect some big politicians from the SS? If this is what the struggle was all about then I am really disappointed.

It is such a shame that it was never about true liberation of the Niger Delta people. So if the EFCC should leave patience Jonathan alone then they will abandon the struggle again?

This is rubbish.

The Niger Delta people are not serious and ready for liberation.
Re: How Real Is The Niger Delta Struggle? by rangersfan: 11:53am On Sep 27, 2016
Re: How Real Is The Niger Delta Struggle? by limeta(f): 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
Say something good about us
Your divide tactic,s is of old.
Re: How Real Is The Niger Delta Struggle? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 27, 2016
This post has all the hallmarks of Afonja.

(1) (Reply)

Caption This!!! / Gov. Rochas Okorocha’s Message On The Country’s 56th Independence Anniversary. / RECESSION: Nigeria’s Oil, Gas Reserves Running Out, NNPC Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.