Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki (26603 Views)

Lands And Houses In Estates For Sale At Choice Places In Lagos. / AFFORDABLE Land AND HOUSES FOR SALE @ IBEJU LEKKI, IKORODU, SHIMAWA, OTA ABUJA / Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by gidayo: 9:02am On Sep 28, 2016
It is just a sign of the end time. May God help us

Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by mindtricks: 9:03am On Sep 28, 2016
It has been long that we had the usual typical kind of heavy rainfall Lagos is known for. Lekki is disadvantaged in this regard.
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by matrixme(m): 9:08am On Sep 28, 2016
its the fault of Igbo people that there is flooding in Lekki... lol
Who are they complaining to? I thought its where the big guys live, so they should have the money to divert the water accordingly
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by imoh070: 9:18am On Sep 28, 2016
Poor drainage system
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by Familyfirst: 9:19am On Sep 28, 2016
Thank God for site like http://familyparliament.com/Thread/businesses-houses-underwater-lekki/ that provide such information
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by emma2002(m): 9:19am On Sep 28, 2016
Sadly a cleared drainage system is only a temporal palliative that won't do much to the problem. To start with, what causes flooding is not only rainfall but sometimes as a result of rise in tidal waves or ocean surges.

Lekki and its environs have a soil that is already saturated (or swampy) and the slightest rainfall will result into a flood.

As more and more buildings spring up, the available space for ground water keeps moving until it finds outlet in roads and few open ground/spaces.

Moreover, the land reclamation being done in most parts as well as huge projects like the Eko Atlantic City will surely fight back to take its place. Most parts of Lagos around the coastal areas will eventually be affected but the first sufferers would be Lekki dwellers.

Even with a perfect drainage system, the flood water would only flow into a lower plain or less saturated soil which Lekki does not have.

Unfortunately, Lekki flooding problem is a ticking time bomb which has no simple solution. Early warning signs now are sufficient to inform residents to consider fleeing the area.

1 Like

Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by marlboro007(m): 9:48am On Sep 28, 2016
lekki and flood be lyk 5&6 including mosquitoes
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by SycophanticGoat: 9:52am On Sep 28, 2016
back2sender:

[s]What is this one saying![/b]
Even the lekki PHASE 1 how is the drainage even worse than Ibeju lekki.
Do you know what lekki starts and end? Or you think lekki ends at the lekki phase 1?lekki starts from the well known lekki phase 1 and ends at the bridge linking between Ibeju lekki and Epe. That lagoon the the crosses over is the same lagoon from that bonny camp axis even though it has different name as the water progresses towards Epe axis.

I'm not fighting neither I'm I quarrelling with anyone here. You should've just relayed your message without the statement I struck out. We're all here to learn..

Reasoning made that statement was because I used to think that after Lekki, then Ajah and then that's the end of Lagos. Not until I went pass Ajah to Ibeju Lekki recently. Also, the reason I made that statement was because Ajah sits in-between Lekki and Ibeju Lekki, so I thought the two Lekki were different after all.

I don't reside in Lekki, so don't think I made that statement in order to appear superior to people who reside at Ibeju Lekki
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by Belmot(m): 10:28am On Sep 28, 2016
sukkot:
dayum i hope my mansion does not sink. my leeki manshun cry
That's not lekki it's venice of nigeria.
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by Phonon: 10:53am On Sep 28, 2016
Lekki: Posh "Ilaje". grin
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by Reference(m): 1:13pm On Sep 28, 2016
After battling miscreant land grabbers, battling government land grabbers, battling political godfather land grabbers, now this..... oceanic land grabbers....Lekki residents must be either some of the most resilient people on earth or the most stupid. There is beautiful land else where with investment potentials far in excess of this. Lekki has fallen to almost the bottom of my investment portfolio and am looking to sell medium term not buy and to reside is completely out of the question.
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by kedeojo(m): 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2016
fyneguy:
Hmmmm and yet property are expensive in these areas
dat area are suburb. You can get a plot of land from 2m or even less upward. If you talk of lekki, is phase one and two, expecially where a plot of land goes above 100m. Dat is where you have d high and mighty, who don't know of reccession oh. Have a nice day
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by coolchifx(m): 10:41pm On Feb 07, 2017
You can make as much as N40k on your 200Ah used, bad/condemned inverter batteries. call or what app -08125203137 0r 08038105574(T&C apply)

Other Prices (Inverter Batteries)
150Ah - N25,000
100Ah - N18,000

For 2v (ATM) Batteries
1500Ah - N65,000
1000Ah - N40,000
500Ah - N18,000

For Car/ Trailer Batteries:
200 Ah - N28,000
100 Ah - N12000
75Ah - N8000
65Ah - N7500
45Ah - N5000

For Ups Batteries:

17Ah- N1500
12Ah - N1000
9Ah - N700

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Properties To Let In Ibadan / How to Apply for Ikeja Electric Prepaid Meter - Full Guide / Sarafoam Building Is Currently Burning In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.