Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Clinton And Trump Face Off In Their First Debate As Trump Falls For Clinton Bait - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Clinton And Trump Face Off In Their First Debate As Trump Falls For Clinton Bait (439 Views)

Amina Mohammed Shakes Donald Trump. See The Look On Melania Trump's Face / Lady Gaga Protests As Trump Is Elected President Of The United States (photo) / Teenage Photos Of Hillary Clinton And Donald Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Clinton And Trump Face Off In Their First Debate As Trump Falls For Clinton Bait by UPDISTIC7: 10:42pm On Sep 27, 2016
Yesterday the two major presidential candidates in the US elections held their first presidential debate debate at Hofstra University in Long Island, New York. It was a highly spirited debate as both candidates came at each other skin.

Hillary Clinton used the first presidential debate to launch a full frontal attack on Donald Trump, baiting him into fights over his personal finances, taxes, sexism, race relations, business dealings and personal honesty. Typical of Donald Trump who had tried to remain calm at the beginning of the debate fell for her bait coming out of his calm disposition to show what he was best known for since he entered the presidential race. Her aggressive tone certainly did draw Trump in. And when she felt she had gotten him into his normal mode she remained during the rest of the debate either smiling at Trump’s remarks on her or responding calmly when it was turn to speak.

So if Clinton was looking for looking for a political fight, she found it as her opponent tried to pull her apart. For most part of the debate Donald trump denied part of the accusations the former secretary of state threw at him during the intense series of exchanges between both candidates.

Perhaps Trump finest moments came when he directed a counter attack at his rival

“You’ve been doing this for 30 years; why are you just thinking about these solutions now?” Trump said while suggesting about ways to create jobs.

“I have thought about this quite a bit,” Clinton countered his remark.

“Yeah, for 30 years,” Trump responded.

On his tax returns which became an issue during the debate. Clinton suggested that Trump’s success was inherited, and that he was hiding his tax returns to avoid embarrassment.

For most of his turn, Trump took Clinton up on her viewpoint on jobs, trade, and national security, while using her as a substitute for politicians in general putting his rival in a relaxed mode.

“I have a feeling that by the end of this evening I’m going to be blamed for everything that ever happened,” Clinton said at one point.

“Why not?” Trump had replied

“Just join the debate by saying more crazy things.” Clinton responded

For Clinton, her finest moment came when she was accused of not paying a visit to some devasted cites while he was paying visit to such places. She sure was ready to respond and she did in the manner she knew best.

“Donald just criticized me for preparing for this debate. And, yes, I did,” she said. “And you know what else I prepared for? I prepared to be president. And I think that’s a good thing.”

On her expereince the billionaire turned politician appreciated his rival’s years of experience towards the debate but ended saying “but it’s bad experience,”.

“This country can’t afford to have another four years of that kind of experience,” Trump said.

Regardless of Donald Trump’s interruption of the moderator, he really did give a good performance as his rival despite the fact that some of the claims and denials made by him were subject to fact finding. They both ended up showing their audience and viewers that they could get under each other’s skin at the end of their first debate.

One thing was certain the NBC anchor did a nice job without showing any political affiliation as opposed to what some had said earlier about him being a partisan democrat.

SOURCE: http://www.naijasilvergold.com/blog/2016/09/27/clinton-and-trump-face-off-in-their-first-debate-as-trump-falls-for-clinton-bait/

Re: Clinton And Trump Face Off In Their First Debate As Trump Falls For Clinton Bait by odiereke(m): 11:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
Nice one.

(1) (Reply)

Pigeon Bird Arrested In India For Carrying Threatening Message To PM / Classic Response By Goerge Takei To Donald Trump For Criticizing Barack Obama / Hillary Clinton Heaped Praises On Kanye West After Kim Kardashian's Robbery.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.