Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets (13069 Views)

Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG / Recession: 3 Nigerian National Assets Buhari Must Not Sell- RMAFC / Governors Endorse Sale Of National Assets Over Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by Abagworo(m): 9:39am On Sep 28, 2016
The use of media as anti-government policy weapon should be discouraged as it does us no good. It is a fact that Jonathans government sold all the electricity distribution companies to cabals but it was never politicized. Government policies should be allowed to stand and criticism based on their success or failure.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by Exponental(m): 9:46am On Sep 28, 2016
Toeyoursea:
Why shouldn't he?

I also support sale of docile national assets like:

1. Old federal secretariat Ikoyi
2. National Stadium Surulere
3. National Theater
4. Diplomat residence in all foreign countries
5. 90% of Presidential jets.
6. Refineries
7. Defense house Abuja.
8. TBS, COJA stadium, Eagle Square Abuja etc.
9. Office of Governor general, Lagos Island

I never supported sale of assets but I want to agree with you that some of these assets are wasting away.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by Myself2(m): 9:47am On Sep 28, 2016
Obasanjo is not an economics expert so if I'm to make anything from this topic, I will say he spoke as just any other layman who knows next to nothing about core economics so should not be taken seriously as if one expert had spoken.
In any case,if you scrutinize the mans statement well, you will smell enough selfish hidden agenda
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by gordii(m): 9:48am On Sep 28, 2016
You think well before you comment, nice one.. Was just going to say same.. A lot of the so called national assets are just there wasting, adding to recurrent expenditures... If they are sold, buyer then revamps and creates employment(i pray they are sold to foreign companies of proven record in corresponding fields) .... But sensitive public assets should never be touched.. I guess we'll know whether and what to say when we see what the wanna put up for auction.
Toeyoursea:
Why shouldn't he?

3. National Theater
6. Refineries
7. Defense house Abuja.

Viable and performing assets like:

1. NLNG
2. African finance cooperation
3. Ajaokuta steel
4. National Airports and seaport
5. NNPC

MUST never be sold as they are sensitive to our national security and financial portfolio.

Nonetheless, to sensibly comment on the issue of sales of national assets, we need more information on the list of National Assets, available deals, the contract terms of the sales etc.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by sleemfesh: 9:52am On Sep 28, 2016
ollah1:

The same Brian u've had when other assets were sold and nothing (absolutely nothing)resulted from the sale. You and brain shouldn't be in the same sentence
Keep deluding yourself.
That's the zombie mentality that brought APC on all of us: blanket white lies. And dead heads like you buy it. Keep your receipt though. You might need it for redemption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 28, 2016
sleemfesh:

Keep deluding yourself.
That's the zombie mentality that brought APC on all of us: blanket white lies. And dead heads like you buy it. Keep your receipt it though. You might need it for redemption.

Quit writing nonsense. Didn't the previous regime sell major national assists? Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by sleemfesh: 9:57am On Sep 28, 2016
ollah1:

Quit writing nonsense. Didn't the previous regime sell major national assists? Yes or No?
Solomon pls name them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by Myself2(m): 10:02am On Sep 28, 2016
Exponental:

I never supported sale of assets but I want to agree with you that some of these assets are wasting away.

Yes let them sell those "some" and not the nation's stake in JVs with IOCs and certainly not the NLNG
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by Chocho4real(m): 10:38am On Sep 28, 2016
Most of the untold hardship of today was created by this old fool. While he was the president of Nig, and doubled as the minister for petroleum, He started the selling of public assets in Nigeria. He single handed sold many assets belonging to the country, placed employment embargo on ministries and even ended up sending many Nigerians to early grave. The blood of many Nigeria Airways workers you killed with your actions are still on your heads. OBJ Committed so many atrocities and today he's a free man. A thief than acquired Operation feed the Nation to his personal belonging. Seriously OBJ needed to be reminded a lot he's forgetting in am hurry.. Someone that was so heartless to chase away workers (civil servants) with Armed forces and even used teargas on them for speaking out. He never paid them a kobo till date. While some have served over 30years, he locked up the properity and sold it off.. But he's still getting his own pension arrears from different corners
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by juman(m): 10:42am On Sep 28, 2016
adadadon:
obasanjo is a mad man

Useless old man.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by columbus007(m): 10:44am On Sep 28, 2016
Obasanjo nitel to transcorp was a massive fraud,PHCN too,NPA,to mention but a few,his simply over drunk in his lewdness. undecided

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by Hardeysolution(m): 10:54am On Sep 28, 2016
NNPC Group
Twitter › NNPCgroup
Pres. Obasanjo:"Selling of national assets is wrong.But reform is what I think it should be so that we can run d biz d way it should be run.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by ourema(f): 11:00am On Sep 28, 2016
Toeyoursea:
Why shouldn't he?

3. National Theater
6. Refineries
7. Defense house Abuja.

1. NLNG
3. Ajaokuta steel
5. NNPC

MUST never be sold as they are sensitive to our national security and financial portfolio.

Nonetheless, to sensibly comment on the issue of sales of national assets, we need more information on the list of National Assets, available deals, the contract terms of the sales etc.

Good thinking good product
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by bigeliot(m): 11:07am On Sep 28, 2016
Toeyoursea:
Why shouldn't he?

3. National Theater
6. Refineries
7. Defense house Abuja.

1. NLNG
3. Ajaokuta steel
5. NNPC

. wait o, wat happened to Nitel, Nigerian Airways, railway etc. dis man needs Deliverance
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by Billygee2u: 12:11pm On Sep 28, 2016
dokiOloye:
Why won't he back d sale?
Is he not d fellow that single handedly signed away Bakassi peninsula to Cameroon?
Old habits die hard.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by dokiOloye(m): 12:22pm On Sep 28, 2016
bluecircle470:

Do u even know wot u saying at all, was it OBJ dat signed away bakassi? Was it not d ICJ dat ruled on it and we av to let go. Kindly make ur research b4 u comment or start feeding pple wit untruth.
He should not have accepted and signed to implement the ruling.
America is still holding on to Guatanamo bay in Cuba in spite of several rulings.
Britain is still holding on to Falkland islands in Argentina in spite of d same ICJ ruling.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by idonbilivit(m): 12:58pm On Sep 28, 2016
Toeyoursea:
Why shouldn't he?

3. National Theater
6. Refineries
7. Defense house Abuja.

1. NLNG
3. Ajaokuta steel
5. NNPC

Keep Ajaokuta Steel? That place is not a national asset,it's a national liability! Check out budget for the last 30 years and see the amount of money that has been embezzled all in the name of renovating that place. In fact we should give it away for free and thank anybody willing to take it,for doing us a national service. The only other source of embezzlement slightly greater than that place is Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. If it was up to me we should also sell national assets like OBJ,IBB,Aregbesola,Rochas etc. This country will be a very better place.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by bluecircle470: 1:24pm On Sep 28, 2016
dokiOloye:
He should not have accepted and signed to implement the ruling.
America is still holding on to Guatanamo bay in Cuba in spite of several rulings.
Britain is still holding on to Falkland islands in Argentina in spite of d same ICJ ruling.

My brother, Nigeria is not as powerful as USA nor Britain. Even French president threatened us as a nation den Dat we will be wipe out of world map if we fail to relinquish bakassi. All wot OBJ cud do den was to stop Peugeot which is a French product from supplying vehicles to federal government, dat was wen we started using Benz product till now. dats d only way OBJ felt he cud deal wit dem.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by 4wrd9ja: 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2016
dokiOloye:
Is he not d fellow that single handedly signed away Bakassi peninsula to Cameroon?
Old habits die hard.
The fool sold nitel and killed it, even ajaokuta e.t.c
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by 4wrd9ja: 2:03pm On Sep 28, 2016
dokiOloye:
Old habits die hard.
The fool sold nitel and killed it, even ajaokuta e.t.c and the method never solve our problems
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by alaskido(m): 2:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
Why wont he support the sale. All these good for nothing old men we still have in the country. Someone should give them the JERRY RAWLINGS treatment.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by annylove(f): 2:19pm On Sep 28, 2016
Obasanjo should go and sell his properties. Agbaya nini
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by Toeyoursea(m): 3:08pm On Sep 28, 2016
Idonbelivit, you only mentioned names on the other side of the divide.
As for Ajaokuta, it has already been taken over by some Indian investors and now co-owned by the government.
I totally agree with you on the issue of Lagos / Ibadan.
idonbilivit:

Keep Ajaokuta Steel? That place is not a national asset,it's a national liability! Check out budget for the last 30 years and see the amount of money that has been embezzled all in the name of renovating that place. In fact we should give it away for free and thank anybody willing to take it,for doing us a national service. The only other source of embezzlement slightly greater than that place is Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. If it was up to me we should also sell national assets like OBJ,IBB,Aregbesola,Rochas etc. This country will be a very better place.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by AJJ17(m): 3:25pm On Sep 28, 2016
dokiOloye:
Old habits die hard.
I am very sure you did not read the write-up, because of you did ,you will know better than your comment.
Now don't be lazy, try read up.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by cruzyteejay(m): 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2016
did i hear him say..........SELL...BUT NOT TO CABALS?

Who else can afford to buy it if not the 'CABALS'?
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by cruzyteejay(m): 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2016
did i hear him say..........SELL...BUT NOT TO CABALS?

Who else can afford to buy it if not the 'CABALS'?

E MONEY?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Former President Buhari Expresses Happiness At Election Petitions Ruling / What Are The Stages A Bill Can Pass Before It Can Be Signed Into Law? / Tinubu Not Desperate To Be President – Tolu Bankole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.