Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each (928 Views)

Babachir Lawal And Ayodele Oke Leaving Aso Rock After Suspension (Photos) / Nigerians React To The Suspension Of SGF Lawal & NIA DG Ayo Oke / Senate Committee Recommends Suspension Of Ndume For 6 Months, Clears Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by raker300: 7:01am On Sep 28, 2016
Recession: After Suspension of Taxes, Each of the 179 Communities in Anambra gets N20m Infrastructure Project...

Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State today flagged off the construction of a modern Civic Centre for the good people of Umueri in Anambra East local government area.

Being the choice project for the community, Obiano assured that the civic centre shall be completed by January next year.

Recall that Obiano had yesterday flagged off the construction of Civic Centres in Nnobi and Ukwulu as part of the massive community infrastructure projects initiative which will see the state government spending N20m in each of the 179 communities in Anambra.

The contractors and workers handling these projects are all indigenes of the respective communities.

Enjoy these exclusive shots as we continue #MovingForward...

https://www./anambrasquare/permalink/1100721026631295/

1 Like

Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by raker300: 7:05am On Sep 28, 2016
Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by raker300: 7:09am On Sep 28, 2016
Flag off of one of the projects in umeri.

Construction has already begun

Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by raker300: 7:12am On Sep 28, 2016
More reports

177 ALL COMMUNITIES PROJECTS: OBIANO TARGETS FEB 2017 DEADLINE

By Kingsley Ezekwelu

The Anambra Governor, Chief Willie Obiano has said that all the about 177 projects being undertaken by his administration under the N20 million per community Choose-your-project development initiative must be completed by January /February next year.

He made this revelation when he flagged off the Ukwulu Civic Center project which has 400 seating capacity, 6 conveniences and other appurtenances.

He said beside ensuring that government presence was felt across all communities of the state, his administration aims to use the initiative to stimulate economic growth in all the rural communities so as to reduce the effect of the recession on the citizens.

He noted that due to the community's agricultural endowments, government intends to support the farmers to boost their production through the provision of improved seedlings and loans, urging the people to organize themselves in cooperatives to be able to access government's agricultural package.

Reacting to complaints by the people of destruction of their farmlands by Fulani Cattle herdsmen, Governor Obiano assured them that his government has put in place a proactive measure to address the challenge and asked them to always report any such incident to the appropriate authorities for prompt action.

The Commissioner for Local Government, Chieftaincy and Town Union Matters, Mr Greg Obi said the project was chosen, was to be built and supervised by the people and is a noble innovation towards good governance.

In his welcome address, the President General, Chief Walter Okafor acknowledged that Ukwulu has a lot if reasons to be thankful to Governor Obiano notable of which is his resolution of traditional rulership issues and recognition of the community's traditional ruler.

In their respective remarks, the Member representing Njikoka Two Constituency the State Assembly, Sir Pete Ibida and the Vice Chancellor, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Professor Fidelis Okafor described the initiative as compliant with the tenets of democracy as it is driven by tthe people.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=362399790758056&id=100009641148940

1 Like

Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:13am On Sep 28, 2016
Nice One Obiano cool

Kai Rochas

1 Like

Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by Pavore9: 7:15am On Sep 28, 2016
"The contractors and workers handling these projects are all indigenes of the respective communities".....If they mess up the projects, the community knows who to face!

4 Likes

Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:17am On Sep 28, 2016
But somewhere in Imo state cry angry cry

Keep up the good work @Obiano
Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by kulbethrand(m): 7:18am On Sep 28, 2016
Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by raker300: 7:22am On Sep 28, 2016
Pavore9:
"The contractors and workers handling these projects are all indigenes of the respective communities".....If they mess up the projects, the community knows who to face!
lol..exactly.

My village chose a cassava processing plant..that sounds good but I don't really know the importance sha

1 Like

Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by Asuokaa: 7:25am On Sep 28, 2016
That's good
Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by Hiploko(m): 7:26am On Sep 28, 2016
Pls does Anambra have a money printing machine? I ask becos the central government has not commisioned a 100m project wholly initiated and completed by them. They keep saying no money. I advice them to look ahead because they have been engaged looking for Jonathan behind.

6 Likes

Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by Pavore9: 7:28am On Sep 28, 2016
raker300:
lol..exactly.

My village chose a cassava processing plant..that sounds good but I don't really know the importance sha

I guess your folks are into cassava farming and needs the plant for garri processing.

1 Like

Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by Kingsley1000(m): 8:09am On Sep 28, 2016
i dont know why my people are so ignorant..by law those peasant,hawkers dont suppose to be paying any tax.it's govt obligation to protect and provide them with a condusive environment for their biz to thrive...obiano is worst thing to happen to anambra state.name one road he constructed,and i wil quit nairaland.my people dont be carried away or decieved by propaganda
Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by freshdude99(m): 8:16am On Sep 28, 2016
Kingsley1000:
i dont know why my people are so ignorant..by law those peasant,hawkers dont suppose to be paying any tax.it's govt obligation to protect and provide them with a condusive environment for their biz to thrive...obiano is worst thing to happen to anambra state.name one road he constructed,and i wil quit nairaland.my people dont be carried away or decieved by propaganda
Lol, are u sure u from Anambra at all?
Quit afonja quit!
Oh obviously u from Nairaland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by nwasinachi(f): 8:44am On Sep 28, 2016
laslaticlala abeg com and help me ask obiano whether him dey do blood money? Too much goodies just dey come out of anambra state. Ngwa, other eastern states should step up biko. If u come to anambra state, u no go believe say recession dey. Good work Obiano, we love u. Ndigbo ekelem' unu
Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by nwasinachi(f): 8:49am On Sep 28, 2016
Kingsley1000:
which of your people are u talking about? pls if u are not in anambra, pls kindly respect yourself by keeping quiet. And if u are, get out of d house and see things for yourself including on going road construction by Obiano which i know very well of.
Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by raker300: 8:57am On Sep 28, 2016
Kingsley1000:
Now run along and bury your head in shame

Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by raker300: 9:40am On Sep 28, 2016
nwasinachi:
which of your people are u talking about? pls if u are not in anambra, pls kindly respect yourself by keeping quiet. And if u are, get out of d house and see things for yourself including on going road construction by Obiano which i know very well of.
dont mind the dude. It's one of arase's many monikers

1 Like

Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by raker300: 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2016
@laslaticlala
Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by MayorofLagos(m): 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2016
The contractors and workers handling these projects are all indigenes of the respective

How does Obiano expect to win best governor when he excludes non-indigenes from community involvement? 100% of stake in the 179 communities are favored to indigenes only. What should non-indigenes living in Anambra do?
Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by MadamExcellency: 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2016
raker300:
lol..exactly.

N20 million can't fund a good, sizable cassava plant.
Re: Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each by raker300: 7:09am On Oct 01, 2016
MayorofLagos:

How does Obiano expect to win best governor when he excludes non-indigenes from community involvement? 100% of stake in the 179 communities are favored to indigenes only. What should non-indigenes living in Anambra do?
wch non indigenes do u have in mind?

(1) (Reply)

Power Generation For The Month Of September / Nigeria Will Get Out Of Recession In 2017, IMF Projects / GOVERNOR ON OKADA! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.