Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) (23666 Views)

Let Discuss Tarasha And Return Of Tarasha By Oyinprince. / A New Creation. (A Story By Donkross1 And Oyinprince) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by horlawharley(m): 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2016
Grtting more interesting...ride on boss
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Krystalzkris(f): 11:48pm On Nov 08, 2016
I have a thing for writers who can play with words. You are part of them. Welcome on board to my list of writers' crushes.

We all know that it's not easy being a writer in
Nigeria, where writers are treated somehow. I
think we should help one another achieve our
dreams. I was shortlisted for Etisalat flash writing
contest, and I need your votes. It's simple. Copy
and paste the link to your phone browser. Not
opera mini or Uc browser. Your main browser.
You will see my story. Please read the story and
vote for me. You will see a blue stuff with a
thumb on it. Click on it. You will be asked to log
into Facebook. Once you are done, you have
voted for me. The link is

https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=651
Thanks.
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 9:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
Hello guys, sorry for the absence of updates. Some unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances has held us, but we'll continue when we can
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ok I hope is soon.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 9:03am On Jan 16, 2017
The Romance/Crime Thriller continues today and we've come up with this post to help you remember the characters and remember where the story stopped.

List of Characters and their descriptions.

Lord Frederick - One of the drug lords whose sister Laura went missing.

Don Pedro - The second drug lord whose custody Laura was.

Silvia - Lord Frederick's pregnant wife

Mabel - Don Pedro's wife and friend to Silvia. Laura's Master and teacher in the fashion designing trade.

Laura - Lord Frederick's younger sister.

General - Lord Frederick's personal assistant and head of guards.

Eric - Don Pedro's personal assistant and head of guards.

Old John - Don Pedro's favorite cook.

Rhoda - Old John's lover and maid in Lord Frederick's home.

Katherine - maid in Lord Frederick's home and General's lover

Lucas - Doctor and Laura's newly found friend.

Vicker - Assistant to Eric

Carl - Don Pedro's little and first son

Anne - Lord Frederick's daughter

Story so far

Don Pedro and Lord Frederick returns victoriously to Airegin from Kanturai, Asia after the deal which ended with a gun war with the Asian men.

Laura on seeing a news which caught her interest becomes more inquisitive about the job her brother and his friend does. Her inquisitiveness leads her to read a mail on Don Pedro's laptop which made her inquisitive the more.

Don Pedro discovers that Laura has seen his mail and calls for an emergency meeting with Pedro but Laura foolishly traces Don Pedro to the board house where she's discovered peeping by the guards. This puts her on the run as Don Pedro's men give her a hot chase. She takes Don Pedro's little baby boy with her and runs to Dr Lucas Poker who joins her in the race.

Eric leads Don Pedro's boys in the chase after Laura and Lucas while the drug lords, Don Pedro and Lord Frederick are at disagreement with each other on what to do with Laura.

Posting continues this evening, and would run from Mondays to Fridays.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Tgold1(m): 11:20am On Jan 16, 2017
good job, oyinprince and donkross we've been expecting this for long...... happy new year though

1 Like

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 16, 2017
Am the most happiest person on NL.today because of this. More inspiration to u both.

1 Like

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
Tgold1:
good job, oyinprince and donkross we've been expecting this for long...... happy new year though
Happy New Year

iamloyalty:
Am the most happiest person on NL.today because of this. More inspiration to u both.
smiley Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 9:35pm On Jan 16, 2017
Chapter 3 Part 12

"We passed them already dear, they didn't suspect that you could be with me." Lucas said aloud for Laura to hear.

"Oh, thank you so much." Laura replied, her voice was almost inaudible and it had Lucas straining his ears to make out what she said.

"I'm going to allow you join at the front seat once we get somewhere safer." Lucas added.

"Don't worry, just keep driving until we drive very far away from this city. I wish I could even disappear from Airegin this moment."

"Don't worry Laura, we'll be safe." He said as he turned into a main road, he kept on driving at a speed not too higher than the other drivers on the road, not feeling the need to drive speedily on a road with fairly moving traffic. He also wanted to stop somewhere not too far and abandon the vehicle there so as not to put the hospital driver into debt, after he must have been put into trouble of explaining where the van was. Not more than one minute after he turned into the road did he notice a car driving crazily behind him. He stared intently at the side mirror in a bid to identify the car but it was too late, the car had swerved to his left side and was catching up with him. The vehicle leveled up and Lucas eyes met with what sent chills down his spine. The driver of the car was pointing a gun at him with his left hand while controlling the wheel with the right hand.

"Damn it!" Lucas cursed as he increased his speed instantly, swerving past the car in front of him. The bullets released hit the side of the van. Lucas increased the speed drastically, it was time his hobby of driving was going to be useful to him.

The car chasing the van followed instantly, but Lucas was already a few metres ahead of them.

"What's happening?" Laura asked frightfully from the back.

"They're after us again," Lucas answered in a stressed tone. He took a glance to the side mirror and saw the car giving them a hot chase. Lucas was scared, he was afraid to die. He could drive very fast but he had no belief that he could escape the thugs. They had guns and one bullet into the tyre of the van could send the van crashing. However, he was in it already and he had to try his best to get out of it.

He kept swerving past cars and other vehicles, the road was in disarray as other vehicles almost collided into themselves while trying to evade the crazily speeding vehicles. A thought popped into Lucas' mind, he began to try remember the closest police station to their location. Then he recalled that one was just few metres ahead. He summoned courage and prayed that the thugs would not have enough wisdom to target the van's tyres before he got to the police station oblivious of the fact that they had not done that just because of Laura and the baby who they believed was in the van. They wouldn't love for an accident to happen, Laura and the baby had to be taken back alive.

"Eric, the dude is really a crazy driver," said the thug at the passengers side of the car pursuing after Lucas.

"Is he coming our way?" Eric asked from the other end of the line.

"Yes, definitely. I think he's purposely driving to the police station."

"Good for him and excellent for us. I just arrived the place now, all cops in the station here are our friends."

______

"What's happening Honey?" Silvia asked her husband for the umpteenth time as he paced up and down the living room worried.

"Any news?" Lord Frederick asked as a guard entered into the living room.

"None yet sir..." The guard replied and wanted to add something else but wasn't allowed.

"For how long has General gone with the boys?" Lord Frederick cut in.

"It's more than thirty minutes now sir."

"And no report from them yet?"

"None sir."

"Call General now and get back to me immediately," Lord Frederick barked.

_______

"Lucas, where are you heading to now?" Laura asked with a shaky voice as the van swerved from side to side. She struggled to stand briefly with the baby in her hands and peep through the hole behind.

"There's a police station ahead, I'm going there. They should keep us in safety for a while." Lucas replied. They were approaching a roundabout from where they'll take a turn into the road which led to the police post.

"Noooo Lucas!" Laura screamed. "You're driving us into their hands, they'll just have us wait there until Don Pedro's men come to take us."

"What do you mean by that Laura?"

"The cops at that station works with Don Pedro and most of them frequent the house on daily basis."

"Shi*t!" Lucas slammed his fist on the steering wheel. He had to make an instant choice than and swerve to another road instead of the one that led to the police post.

____

"What's that?" Eric eyes widened in shock as the van which was almost turning into the road they were swerved into another route. "Come on, ignite the damn car and follow them." He said, tightening his fist.

____

"What's happening?" Mabel asked as Don Pedro stepped into the room. She was seated in the bed, with her back resting against the headboard. Anne was laying on the bed with her head on her mum's laps.

"It'll be fine Mabel," Don Pedro answered, proceeding towards the drawer beside the bed.

"That's what you've been saying for the past one hour now and I've not seen my baby," Mabel flared up.

Don Pedro heaved a sigh, he flashed a look at her. "He's my baby too, you know."

"But you seem to be less concerned," she slammed again.

"Do you want me to panic like you?" Don Pedro asked. He took a second to stare at Anne's face. The little girl had her gaze fixed on her mother's face, she had never seen her mum so angry or shouting like that at anyone.

"Don't you think it's enough to panic?" Mabel rose up, placing Anne's head on the pillow gently.

"I think you should take it easy, consider the fact that we're not alone here." Don Pedro said, flashing another look at Anne.

Mabel seemed to consider for a second as she also flashed a look at Anne. "But I can't seat and watch while you do nothing to bring back my baby."

"Come on," he stared at her with a raised eyebrow. "How can you say I'm doing nothing, I'm as concerned about my baby as you are. My boys have gone after them, even the cops are looking for them." He said and rose up to his feet, abandoning his search in the drawer, he walked out not wanting to continue the war of words with her.

"You can't walk out on when..." She said as she hurried after him.

Anne rose up from the bed and stared blankly at the opened door, she could feel the heat between her parents. She knew it was because of her brother but what she couldn't understand was why they had to be bothered about it when it was Laura who went out with him.

_______

Lucas took a glance at the side mirror and noticed that the vehicles following after them had increased, a police vehicle had also joined in the chase. With the pattern of the cops' vehicle chase, he could deduce that they had teamed up with the thugs. Four cars were now chasing after them, the police vehicle was at the last position.

A school bus was driving slowly before him and the lights at the back was blinking, indicating that the school bus was about to turn. Lucas pushed the horn desperately to warn the school bus driver.

Parts 13 & 14 are available here: http://www.youngicee.com/search/label/The%20Airegin%20Mafias?m=1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by therealbabe(f): 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2017
Enjoying this cheesy kontinu

1 Like

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 7:18pm On Jan 17, 2017
CHAPTER 3 Part 13

A school bus was driving slowly before him and the lights at the back was blinking, indicating that the school bus was about to turn. Lucas pushed the horn desperately to warn the school bus driver but it was too late as he had already navigated the car to the left direction he was turning to before sighting the speeding oncoming vehicles, Lucas who had calculated carefully as soon as he saw where the school bus was trafficating was swift enough to swerve the Van to the right direction thereby escaping collision with the school bus just by some inches, the immediate car in their pursuit wasn't so lucky as it was too late to avoid collision. The car collided head on and at top speed with the school bus, thereby shoving it out of the way into the nearby bush, thankfully there were no students in the bus, just the driver alone.

Noises of screeching tyres was what Lucas was hearing as he continued speeding away, the accident had bought him more time as his attackers were all still trying to manipulate their ways out of the accident scene. After driving continously with the same speed, he later saw the cars driving out of the accident scene and continued with their chase, Eric's car was now the one behind them and then the Police car while the other car waited to help the ones that were involved in the accident and to also get the accident car out of sight in order not to leave any traces.

Lucas maintained the gap between them even as Eric had increased the speed of his car to the limit after he took over the steering at the accident scene. From time to time, Lucas kept on staring at the rear-view mirror to note the distance, Eric was still hot on his trail but the police vehicle was a little bit behind. Thirty minutes gone and the chase was still as hot as it was when it started. Lucas very well knew that the next city was just around the corner, all he needed was just to get there on time with the same distance apart between him and Eric, he knew the city very well as it was where he was born and brought up before the federal government posted him to go work at the hospital in the city that has both brought him joy and danger, he found Laura which is one of the best thing that has happened to him in recent times and alongside her came danger at all sides. He knew very well that he was going to lose them as soon as he got into the interior part of the city he was headed.

General walked into the living room where Silvia and Lord Frederick were, Silvia was still out of the know of what was happening, all she knew was that something not so good was happening, she had tried tirelessly to get her husband to tell her what was going on, her son Carl was in his room so she wondered what else could get her husband to be this unstable and all worked up. As soon as General walked in, Silvia rushed at him, held his suit jacket and demanded to know what was happening from him but General uttered no word as Lord Frederick signalled to him to keep mute.

"Get a hold of yourself woman" Lord Frederick snapped at Silvia

"How can I get a hold of myself when you won't tell me what's happening" Silvia snapped back at Lord Frederick after letting go of General's jacket.

"Go to the room and wait for me" Lord Frederick said in a sharp, cold and very serious tone, Silvia knew immediately that her objecting the order would spell trouble so she left for their room in anger.

"What's happening right now?" Lord Frederick now talking to General as they were the only ones in the room.

"The last we knew of was that they found the car Laura ran away with but she was nowhere to be found"

"Who found the car?

"Eric and his boys found it first before the insurance company got there"

"If anything happens to as little as a strand of hair on Laura's body, Pedro will hear from me in a very big and bad way" Lord Frederick said as he walked around the living room with his hands folded together to his back.

"What's the update" Don Pedro asked one of the guards as he got outside the compound with his wife still nagging after him.

"Some of our men just had an accident while chasing after the car which Laura was in" The guard replied quickly

"The car? I thought they said she had abandoned the car she went with behind the Hospital?" Don Pedro was lost while his wife paused on her nagging to listen to the guard.

"Yes the car was found behind the hospital but she was later seen escaping with a man that escaped with the Hospital's car, a van precisely." The guard explained.

"So there is someone helping that girl now?"

"Yes, some guy is helping her escape"

"Wait wait wait" Mabel cut in "Which hospital are you talking about?"

"Your regular hospital" Don Pedro quickly replied and was about to ask the guard another question but Mabel said something else.

"Doctor Poker"

"What?" Don Pedro asked in amazement

"If truly there's someone helping Laura escape and they are using the hospital's car then definitely it is Doctor Poker" Mabel said again.

"Who is Doctor Poker" Pedro asked.

"He is Laura's friend, more like lover but what is it that happened that made Laura run away with my baby, something must have happened" Mabel started nagging amidst tears again.

"You heard her right, go and dig every information you can find about that Doctor Poker, I want to know absolutely everything right this minute" Don Pedro announced to all the guards standing around them and they all started running helter skelter at the Don's order.

Without getting tired, weary or reducing the speed of their cars, Lucas and Eric had continued the car chase leaving the police van further behind. At one time, Lucas was almost distracted with the cries of the baby behind in the van with Laura. For a moment, he had thought about why Laura had even escaped with the innocent baby, maybe the chase wouldn't have been this hot if she hadn't escaped with the bad man's baby, he said to himself. He quickly snapped out of the thought at the sight of a road board he saw.

**Goodbye to Bextord, Airegin's capital**

He activated his full concentration as soon as he saw this, the main part of their escape is just about to be executed, he had to find a way to lose Eric as soon as they enter deep into the city they are headed. Eric noticed the increase in speed of the Van but there was nothing he could do as he had been running at his speed limit all this while, any increase in the speedometer might see the car somersaulting and that wasn't a risk he was willing to take at all.

Immediately the police van got to where the sign of Goodbye to Airegin's capital was, they had to stop because they would be needing series of permissions to officially enter into a jurisdiction that wasn't theirs, even if the criminal they are after is one of the deadliest, not to talk of someone they are after just because Don Pedro had told them to do so without even knowing if truly he was a criminal.

The place where the sign was rooted serves as the bother line for two cities. They had to turn back and return to their station leaving only Eric and the boys in the car to follow up with the pursuit.

Read two more episodes on www.youngicee.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 7:22pm On Jan 17, 2017
Make una drop una comments o
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by donkross1(m): 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
Tgold1:

Thanks baba.

1 Like

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by donkross1(m): 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
iamloyalty:

Thanks dear smiley
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by donkross1(m): 8:56pm On Jan 17, 2017
therealbabe:
Enjoying this cheesy kontinu

grin Welcome ma'am.
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 18, 2017
Enjoying this story. more grease to your elbow

1 Like

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 1:13pm On Jan 19, 2017
Chapter 3 part 14

"Boss, don't you think we're biting more than we can chew?" One of the boys at the backseat said to Eric who had his eyes fixed to the road and was hell bent on taking back home Laura and the baby. "We have gone past the boundaries of Bextord and we could get into trouble with the cops here if we're caught racing like this, of which we'll soon be."

"We can't be in trouble even if we're caught, no authority that knows us as Don Pedro's boys would want to challenge us." another guy replied.

"But we don't have a strong case here, we're chasing a girl who came near our secret, don't you think she'll be pitied as a poor victim if she starts to say the things she saw?"

"But that would still not make the cops hold us down, it'll only take Don Pedro a call." The first guy argued.

"But do you think Don Pedro would like to make that call? He could get us out of trouble but what about the media, we could just cause a scandal if we go on this way. And you know the Press would certainly like to feast on a bad news about Don Pedro."

"Hey, Shut up!" Eric slammed at the arguing duo in anger. He rubbed his face with his palm and squeezed his lips. "Take the next U-turn back to Bextord," he said to the driver, taking out his phone to make a call.

"Huh?" The driver flashed a look at him in surprise.

"I said take the next U-turn back," he repeated and placed the phone to his ear. "Sir, we're out of Bextord and still chasing them, I'm afraid we could attract unnecessary attention if we continue." He said into the phone and paused to listen.

"So what do you suggest?" Don Pedro asked from the other end.

"Ermm..." Eric tried to be very careful in answering, he always had to apply care whenever Don Pedro had asked for his opinion in a matter. "I don't think it is advisable for us to continue anymore, so I suggest we should turn back to Bextord."

Don Pedro's deep intake of breath could be heard from Eric's phone's speakers, "Turn back," Don Pedro finally said.

_____

"Turn back?" Mabel sprang up to her feet at once and turned to stand in front of him. "What do you mean by turn back? I hope they are turning back with my baby."

"Just calm down woman, let me think."

"No, I won't calm down. I can't calm down when my baby is out there with a girl who God knows what you did to her for her to run away." She barked accusingly.

Don Pedro flashed a furious gaze at her, he wasn't sure of what the accusation was about. "Please woman, be careful." He said and stormed out of the living room.

Mabel fell back into the sofa again and began to sob.

As he stepped out of the house into the garden, Don Pedro took out his phone and dialed Eric's number again. "Eric, make a call to Vicker, he is already gathering information about the guy she escaped with." He said and cut the call. The phone vibrated as he was about dipping it into his pocket. Lord Frederick was calling. Pedro answered and placed the phone on his ear without saying a word.

"Pedro," Lord Frederick called in a baritone voice, his tone suggested threats underground. "I know you can hear me man, " the voice continued when Don Pedro was not replying. "I give you two hours to produce my sister or you may not like what would follow."

"Just shut up!" Pedro slammed. "Two hours for Laura to bring back my baby or I'll skin her alive when I finally lay hands on her."

"Pedro!" Lord Frederick called in a thick creeping tone, adding a devilish chuckle.

"Produce my baby Fred!" Pedro barked and ended the call. He continued his unhappy stroll around the garden.

_____

**40 minutes later**

Vicker, a short thick man with a bald head proceeded into the hospital with Eric and two male Airegin cops.

"Good evening nurse," Vicker greeted at the reception.

"Good evening sir, what may I do for you?" A nurse replied pleasantly, taking glances at Eric and the two men in uniform.

"We're from the Bextord Security region ," he answered, glancing back at the cops like they were his identity cards. "We've come here for one of your doctors, Dr Poker."

"'Ermm..." The nurse took a minute to check a file. "He's not on duty now, he left before noon."

"Yes, we know he's not here." Vicker said. "We want all information you can give us about him, he helped a kidnapper escape this evening."

"Ermm, sir. I think I have to refer you to the appropriate section," the nurse said, picking up the landline.

"Damn it!" Eric cursed, slamming his hand angrily on the reception, frightening the nurse so much that the phone fell off her hands. Other nurses behind were also frightened and the attention of patients, Doctors and bystanders at the reception was attracted. "We don't have all that time now. He escaped with one of your hospital vehicles and we don't want to conclude that your hospital has a hand in the kidnap."

"Hello Gentlemen, I think we can resolve this without making any noise," a senior doctor putting on thick lenses approached them.

____

Lucas had kept on driving at the same pace for over forty minutes, he couldn't see any vehicle following them again but he didn't want to conclude that they had turned back since he didn't see them do that.

The cry of the baby continued to increase despite the fact that Laura tried her possible best to calm him. She knew what he needed was food but didn't want to risk their lives by asking for Lucas to stop for them to get food for the baby. The imbalance of the vehicle movement had also added to the baby's uneasiness and discomfort.

"Hey Laura! Don't you think the baby is hungry?" Lucas said.

"Yes, he is hungry." Laura who had been looking for the opportunity to complain about it quickly answered.

"I'll stop somewhere for us to get him something," he said.

"Are you sure we're safe to stop now?"

"Yes, we're in Enoil already and I think the thugs have backed out." Lucas answered.

"Okay then, please let's stop anywhere you think is proper, the baby really needs food now."

They drove for fourteen minutes more before the van came to a halt. Lucas came out and helped Laura out from behind. The day was getting dark already but the streets lights and bulbs from malls and stores of the city brightened up the night.

Enoil was another state in Airegin, very close to Bextord, the country's capital. Lucas had worked for some years in Enoil before he was transferred to Bextord sometime after the death of his wife. His previous marriage had lasted for four years, producing a baby girl for the couple Those four years had been the most glorious years of his life but it came to an abrupt end when his wife died. Before he left Enoil for Bextord, he had put his daughter in care of his grandmother and goes at least thrice in a year to check on them.

The van was parked at the front of a very big and busy supermarket.

"Here," Lucas counted some tenars notes and handed it to Laura. "I'll wait here while you go in," he said, trying to remain cautious.

"No, don't bother. I have some money with me," Laura politely rejected the money and began to search around her body for her purse. The baby was carried with one hand to her chest. She began to proceed back towards the van to search for her purse.

"You forgot your purse at the house," Lucas said to her, still stretching the money towards her.

Laura sighed and took the money, "Thank you," she said and began walking towards the supermarket.

Lucas watched her as she left, he rested his back against the van and took out his phone.

"I'm in Enoil," he said into the phone and paused to listen. "I'll explain later, it was an emergency." He added quickly.

Tenars - Airegin Official currency.

Read Chapter 14 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 1:15pm On Jan 19, 2017
holuwanoisy111:
Enjoying this story. more grease to your elbow
Thanks and welcome to the thread
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 9:24pm On Jan 19, 2017
Chapter 4 Part 1
Like a log of wood he laid on the couch, totally unconscious of what was going on around him, he felt so tired like someone that was being beaten with heavy planks, the adventures of the previous day had totally worn him out. He snored hard and continuously while Laura just sat on the bed with the baby in her hands, she couldn't help but wonder at how nice someone could be. He could have chased her away when she came calling at his place, he could have ratted her out to the guys that were after her yesterday but no, he stood by her, he even comforted her the previous night when she was loosing it all after they lodged into the hotel. He gave her strength, protection and attention, Laura had never believed in the fairy tale about the Knight-in-shinning-armor before, but now it's no longer a fairy tale to her, Lucas is truly her knight in shinning armor.

Laura was still deep in thought when Lucas phone snapped her back to reality, she didn't know if to wake him up to pick the call or just leave him because it looked like he was enjoying the sleep really well. Lucas woke up at the second ring, sluggishly he stretched his hand and held the phone in his hand, he checked for the caller's name but it was just an unsaved number, he cast a glance at Laura and they both exchanged smiles before he answered the call.

"Hello"

"Doctor Lucas, is that you?" a frightened voice replied. Lucas immediately recognised the voice to be that of Nurse Sofia, the nurse that had always wanted to date him, she had shown him all manner of signs interest in him but Lucas had intentionally posed a blind eye to all her advances.

"Hello Nurse Sofia, how are you?" Lucas still sounding sleepy.

"This is not the matter of pleasantries" Nurse Sofia cut in "Some guys came alongside with some policemen came here to dig informations about you yesterday"

"What?" Lucas sprang up from the couch "When was this?"

"Yesterday but I just heard about it because I just resumed my shift this morning"

"Damn it, what did they get?"

"All of your informations that the hospital has in the database, the authorities had to give out everything because the policemen came with warrants and they accused you of conspiring with a kidnapper"

"Ohhhh shiiit" Lucas cussed out. From the look on Laura's face, she already knew that there was trouble but she didn't know to what extent it was. "Thanks Nurse Sofia, I appreciate, please keep me updated if any other thing comes up please, thanks" Lucas hung up after Nurse Sofia replied.

"What's wrong" Laura stood up with the baby in her hand.

"Those guys have every information about me that's in the hospital and that includes my home address here which is where my mum and daughter are staying" Lucas explained as he buttoned up his shirt.

"Ohh my my" Laura felt weak immediately she heard the news "What would you do now, I mean what do we do now?"

"I have to go and get them both right now"

"How would you get there, you can't go with that Van with bullets holes all over it" Laura suggested.

"Yeah, I will get a Taxi" Lucas replied.

"Please keep me updated" Laura said to Lucas as he pecked her and was about leaving the hotel room. "Lucas, won't your daughter be in school by now?"

"Ohh true that. I will have to go home first to pick up my mum before going to pick up my daughter from school"

"How's it going over there Eric?" Don Pedro asked over the phone.

"All good boss, we found out his residence here but neither he nor Laura was found there, we only met an old woman who claimed to be his mum" Eric replied.

"So what happened, Did she give out any useful information?"

"Nope, we had to take her out so as to lure the guy over. We are around the place right now"

"Okay, good. Keep your eyes opened incase he comes around" Don Pedro hung up the phone as he dialled another number.

"Hey Vicker, how's it going, have they started tracking the Van in which he escaped with?"

"Yes boss,they have gathered everything needed, what's next is to initiate the tracking process"

"Okay good, make sure you leak the coordinates of the location to Eric immediately they get it so they will get to them ahead of the police"

"Yes boss".

Lord Frederick felt weak and sad as he still hadn't heard anything about Laura, he had a very strong feeling that Don Pedro had done something terrible to her, he stayed outside his compound like he was waiting for Laura's car to just drive in, if only he had planted a mole among Pedro's guards, he would have been able to access informations about all that is happening but it had never for once crossed his mind that the both of them will ever be in situation like this.

"My Lord" General curtsied as he stood beside Lord Frederick.

"How's it, have you gotten her under surveillance?"

"Yes, I have got someone to follow her day and night" General replied.

"Good, I have another assignment for you. I need you to find a way to get a spy for us amongst Don Pedro's boys"

Lucas sat behind as the taxi driver rode on the path that's leads to his residence. They had almost gotten to the house when Lucas noticed crowd right outside his compound, he then instructed the driver to halt for a bit, he pleaded with him to slowly drive by the compound and ask any of the bystanders about what happened, he them bent low behind the seats to avoid been seen by anybody. The driver agreed to do so, he drove his car by the house, many people were gathered outside the house, the Crime-Scene-Do-Not-Cross tape was wired through the gate while some men in uniforms were prancing around in the compound. The driver finally saw someone that he could inquire from.

"Hey gent" he hailed.

"Hey" the young guy hailed back.

"What happened here in this compound"

"Some unknown gunmen just came this morning and killed the Old woman staying there"

"Jeez" The driver screamed and thanked the guy as he drove off slowly.

"Drive fast now" Lucas said and after they were completely away from the scene, he sat up back "Take me to Immaculate Group of Schools" He said with his eyes filled with tears.

"Okay" The driver replied as he looked through the rear-mirror and saw Lucas shredding tears, he decided to just keep mute as it was obvious that his passenger knew the woman that was assassinated.

The hospital activities were doubled due to the continuous prancing about of Police officers, some unknown men and the hospital security personnels, Nurse Sofia had tried so hard to know what they were all up to but hadn't gotten a chance to access the information. The moment she saw one of the hospital personnel she knew, she quickly walked up to him with her face filled with smiles.

"My friend" She said to him flirtatiously.

"Sofia, how are you?" The guy was perplexed at the manner which the nurse was looking at him but whatever it was, he liked it.

"What's happening in there, looks like they are stressing you right"

"Yes I don't know why they Dr Poker has just brought so much trouble upon himself and also bringing stress for us by taking the hospital's van"

"What are you guys doing about it"

"We are tracking the Van, very soon we will discover where it is"

"Ohh that's really nice, that Doctor Poker has to be apprehended" Sofia replied and they talked further a bit before they heard a door creak and both went separate ways. Sofia quickly went to a corner of the building to send a text message to Lucas to inform him about how they were tracking the Van.

Read Chapter 4 parts 2 & 3 on www.youngicee.com

Kindly drop your comments
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 11:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
CHAPTER 4 Part 2

"Daddy!" The little girl ran into her arms as she entered into the administrator's office.

"My dear, how are you?" Lucas replied and got up hurriedly. Turning to the administrator he said, "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome Mr Lucas, I wish you safety." The administrator bid them farewell.

"Dad, what's wrong?" The young girl asked as her father carried her outside the school gate in his arms.

"Nothing dear, it's just that we have to leave here now." He replied her as he slipped into the backseat of the taxi. "Please drive faster," he said as the taxi driver drove off.

"Hello, are you done packing up?" Lucas asked Laura via phone call. He paused for three seconds to get the reply. "Okay, leave the hotel now. Stay at the..." Lucas couldn't complete his statement as his eyes met with some cars approaching, he recognized the driver of the first car as one of the thugs who pursued them the day before, he knew they were driving to the school. He quickly bent down, hiding his daughter's head under his arm.

"We're away from them now," the taxi driver announced two minutes later. Lucas' phone was already ringing again. Lucas peeped to verify, he raised up his head when he saw that they had truly drove past the thugs.

"Hello Laura, where are you now?" Lucas asked as he answered the call.

"I'm already out of the hotel, I'm now at 5/6 junction disguised in men's clothing, I can spot some of the thugs already driving into the hotel, please hurry up." Laura replied in an urgent tone.

"Drive faster sire!" Lucas said to the driver after hanging up, clutching his girl who was looking terrified in his arms.

"We could cause an accident if I drive faster than this," the driver replied to Lucas. Lucas had no option than to be patient, hoping that they'll be able to pick Laura safely.

Fifteen minutes later, they were on the hotel road. Lucas asked the driver to reduce his pace so as not to arouse suspicion while he bent down to hide his face and his daughter's.

"Laura, we're on the hotel road now. Just look out for the taxi with the headlights on," he spoke into the phone. "Please sire, put on the headlights. " he requested the driver.

"I've done that immediately I heard you." The driver answered, staring a Lucas through the rearview mirror.

They drove past the hotel and slowly approached a roundabout. The driver saw a lady in an oversized men's shirt waving them. She was holding something that took the shape of a baby in her arms.

"I think we've found your woman," the driver said. Lucas looked up briefly to the direction he saw the driver staring at.

"Yes, that's her." He said with a sigh.

"Sir, they couldn't find his daughter, the school claimed that he had come to pick her minutes before we got there." Eric said into the phone.

"Damn it Eric! What about the van?"

"We've found the hotel the users of the van were said to have lodged but after checking the room and even ransacking the whole hotel, we couldn't find them."

"How come you couldn't find Laura? Is she that tough to get away from you?"

"No sir, but I think someone in the hospital must have warned doctor Poker about us."

"Those guys at the hospital would be in serious trouble." Don Pedro threatened.

________

"Pedro won't like what I'll do to him," Lord Frederick kept muttering under his voice as he paced his room disturbed.

Silvia just stared at him in silence, wondering what was happening. She had listened to the news and heard it being reported how Laura had kidnapped Don Pedro's little baby and escaped with the help of a doctor. She wondered why Laura would do such a thing and what she had to gain in it, she knew her husband was hiding something from her, she couldn't ask for fear of him shouting at her again.

Don Pedro walked to the drawer and picked up his phone, he dialed a number and placed it on his ear as he walked out.

"Are you still monitoring closely?" He asked as his call was answered, walking towards the main living room.

"Yes, we are sir," General's voice sounded back. "We can carry out the plan once we get the slightest chance, we are still waiting for your orders."

"Keep tabs on her and you can carry out the plan as soon as you get the chance."

"Okay sir, we'll give you a positive report." General replied.

"You don't have a choice," Lord Frederick snarled and hung up.

"Honey, can you at least please tell me what is happening now?" Silvia said in a pleading tone, joining him in the living room.

"You'll get to know when it's time," Lord Frederick replied without looking at her, thereafter he walked out of the house.

_______

Mabel wasn't comfortable at home anymore, her little baby had been away overnight, with Laura somewhere she didn't know and for a reason she couldn't tell. Don Pedro was also making matters worst by not explaining the issue to her, he seemed to understand it better. She paced round the guest room solemnly, that was where she had slept overnight. Sleep? No, she could not sleep. She kept on having nightmares of how her baby was in deep trouble. Everytime she closed her eyes, it never lasted for up to thirty minutes.

Her eyes were heavy now but she still couldn't rest, she couldn't imagine what could be happening to her baby. Was it possible that Laura wanted to sell the baby for something evil? The worst kept coming to her mind.

She could not hold it any longer, she needed to know what was going on. She quickly picked up a scarf to cover her ruffled hair and proceeded out of the room, she went straight to the master bedroom to check for Don Pedro but he wasn't there. She walked out and began to ask the maids and domestic staffs where he was. None of them were able to provide an answer except for a guard who said he saw Don Pedro leaving through the back gate. Mabel decided to probe him further.

"What else have been discovered about Laura's location?" She asked.

"My lady, she was last seen in Enoil with the doctor but she escaped with the baby and doctor before the police and our men could get to them."

"Oh no! This can't be happening," she exclaimed with tears dropping off her face as she turned back towards the room. "Angela!!!" She screamed on top of her voice.

"Yes master," Angela came running to meet her, she knelt down briefly.

"Get me my car keys," she shouted impatiently. Angela ran back while Mabel turned back to the living room.

Mabel couldn't leave it to Don Pedro anymore, she thought she needed to take charge. Don Pedro did not seem to her passionate enough about her baby's return. Angela returned in less than a minute and handed the keys to Mabel. Mabel quickly stormed out of the house. In six minutes time, she drove out of the compound and headed for the police station. She needed to voice out her anger to them.

She drove roughly on the road and some other motorists hauled insults at her while others allowed when they saw she was a lady. The police office was thirty minutes drive and in just five minutes, she had infuriated several other drivers but she wasn't concerned, they could go to hell if they wanted.

A black car whose occupants were men who all had dark eyeglasses on, tailed her closely, awaiting the right time to overtake her car and drag her out into theirs.

Read parts 3 & 4 on www.youngicee.com
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 11:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
You guys should drop your comments na
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Tgold1(m): 11:08am On Jan 21, 2017
InTeresting... I am enjoying this.... MOre update

1 Like

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 6:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
Chapter 4 Part 3
Just as if kidnapping her child wasn't enough, she also has been kidnapped by unknown men and there was no sign of help anywhere, she didn't feel a tiny string of hope, she felt like it was over already and that nothing, absolutely nothing could save her from the den of deaths. She thought about her child that Laura took away, she wondered what could have made Laura did such, she had lived with Laura for some months, she knew she couldn't just have done such thing to spite her. She thought about her daughter, Anne, she very well knew that Pedro would be busy looking for her hence Anne would just be home alone with the workers. She wondered how she must be feeling in the midst of this sudden crisis, just some days ago, they were a happy family but just in the space of forty eight hours, everything has turned into a turmoil. She couldn't hold back the tears anymore, she lost control of herself and started crying profusely, until she heard some footsteps approaching, she quickly ceased crying and stared on at the door to see who was going to come in.

She thought she was at least going to see the face of her kidnappers and even ask them what they want, she felt disappointed when the person entered with his face all covered in a mask but she was still hopeful that she could talk him into knowing why she was kidnapped. The guy entered with a tray of food in his hands, he first dropped the food in front of Mabel and went to shut the door that he left opened due to his hands being occupied by the tray. The guy them went back to Mabel and untied her hands.

"Eat," He said in a very deep tone. Mabel was really farmished but still didn't feel like eating, she just held still and raised her head to look at the masked man with pity. "Eat." He said again in a deeper tone and Mabel quickly picked up the spoon and started eating slowly. For the next few minutes, the room was in absolute silence, the only thing that could be heard were the sounds of spoons hitting a plate and cup being dropped back into the tray.

"Why am I being kidnapped." Mabel asked in total sobriety and in a sincere manner. The guy felt pity for her, though they had been instructed not to engage her in a conversation but he felt her helplessness too much.

"You will be out soon, we won't hurt you at all." the masked man replied.

"How so? Who had me kidnapped?"

"That I can't tell you for now but very soon, you will be out of here," The masked man saw a very tiny little smile tingle in her lips, she had just giving her hope, a sincere one because he knew Lord Frederick wouldn't hurt his best friend's wife or should we say former best friend. Mabel ate the rest of her meal in silence.

"What about this box" One of Lord Frederick's boys asked.

"Nope, that belongs to Pedro, go to the inner room, there should be more of mine there" He replied. His boys continued to ransack the whole secret board house to gather Lord Frederick's files and documents. Lord Frederick just stayed outside, inspecting each and every file they brought outside, he was going through one of his own boxes when he saw an old picture of him and Don Pedro when they were new to the game. They both had crazy hairstyles on, he smiled as he started reminiscing on the memories that were attached to that photo. It was the day they were going on their first drug trafficking trip, they had both posed as hip hop artists going for a show so as to reduce suspicions and all. Truly they passed through the departure and arrival without vigorous searching but when they got to the country they were going, they were being ambushed by the same people which they were supposed to be delivering the drugs to. Thanks to their experience on the street before venturing into drugs, they were able to see the ambush just in time, they were to take a drive to a particular place where the delivery should be done but at the last minute before they got there, Pedro just turned the car around around and started speeding off, he was still about to query him for turning away when he saw that some people were hot on their chase. Despite Pedro not being conversant with that country, he managed to out run their attackers and they escaped. Those guys denied knowing anything about the attack, they rescheduled another exchange strategy and they executed it successfully. He remembered how Pedro gave him almost half of his proceeds from the trip just for him to get an heart transplant for his mother.

At that moment he almost felt like crying, he felt so sad that things between him and Pedro could get to be this tensed, why does it have to be Laura, the only person he loved more than his friendship with Pedro after Silvia. He thought about ways they could resolve things, his heart felt weak, if only things could just be resolved and back to how it used to be between the two families. For a moment, he actually doubted if Don Pedro really knew where Laura is but he discarded it immediately, there was no way his boys wouldn't have apprehended her given all the chase they gave her. He regretted not telling his boys to go after Laura to make sure that she was safe, just that he had thought that sending his boys after Laura might seem to Laura that he wanted to attack her too, he believed Laura would have run to him instead if running away. He regretted the day they all decided to let Laura run her apprenticeship at Mabel's and further regretted why he had suggested that Laura stay at the Pedro's residence.

He was still feeling sad and full of regrets when they had a hooting at the gate, as soon as the gate was opened and he saw Pedro's cars drive in, all the weakness and sadness he was filling metamorphosed into hatred and anger, he stood transfixed to the ground with his body vibrating at the sight of Don Pedro in one of the cars that just entered. Eric opened the door and Don Pedro stepped out, his eyes fixed towards Lord Frederick too, he then slowly walked towards him and stopped as soon as he got to his front, he stared into his eyes for a moment

"Freddy," Don Pedro said softly while Lord Frederick just stared blankly at him. "By this time tomorrow, I want to see my wife in my house, hale and hearty.

Lord Frederick smiled a little then gradually the smile spread all over his face and turned into a scornful laugh, Pedro just looked at him as he laughed uncontrollably and walked away from his presence.

"Pedro," He screamed and the whole workers and their guards were startled. "I am giving you the same 24 hours that you gave me, if by this time tomorrow I don't see Laura in my house, I will send your wife to you in a body bag" He said with his horse voice reassuringly.

Read Part 4 & 5 on www.youngicee.com

Kindly drop your comments

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by queenitee(f): 5:37pm On Jan 24, 2017
I can't wait to find out what's up...God bless you guys
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 9:54pm On Jan 25, 2017
CHAPTER 4 Part 4
Lord Frederick smiled a little then gradually the smile spread all over his face and turned into a scornful laugh, Pedro just looked at him as he laughed uncontrollably and he began to walk away from his presence.

"Pedro," He screamed and the whole workers and their guards were startled "I am giving you the same 24 hours that you gave me, if by this time tomorrow I don't see Laura in my house, I will send your wife to you in a body bag" He said with his horse voice reassuringly.

Pedro halted suddenly as the threat of his wife being sent in a body bag struck a danger chord in his head. In slow motion, he turned back and faced Frederick. His eyes were red and burning with fury and he clenched his fists and teeth as he proceeded back towards Frederick.

"Please leave us boys, we need settle some private issues," Pedro stopped sudeenly and spoke aloud, raising a hand up as signal for his boys to excuse them.

Lord Frederick also made the same gesture. Reluctantly, the boys began to move out of sight slowly and in one minute, all of them were out of sight leaving the drug lords in the space at the entrance. The only two, General and Eric who could have had the boldness to stay were not there, they were on other assignments.

Lord Frederick tried to envisage what was about to happen. The space was big enough for them to carry out a fist battle which would be the first they ever had in their lives against themselves. For over thirty years of being friends, they had only engaged in any battle to support themselves whenever anyone of them gets into trouble but this day, they were going to land their fists on themselves.

Don Pedro remained still, he had a smirk on, his eyes were still red and he was staring Frederick straight in the face. He used a palm to wipe his face and then took two short steps forward, "Lord Frederick, what exactly do you want?" He asked in a very strict tone, the look on his face also complimented his extreme seriousness.

At first, it did not sound to Lord Frederick like he heard Don Pedro speak in English. Pedro had called him with the title, "Lord", something which had never happened before. He knew that when Pedro began to act like this, there must be something very serious in store

"Where's Laura?" Lord Frederick asked with the same serious tone.

"Laura's not with me," Don Pedro said reluctantly, tired of repeating the fact. Though, he was tough and wasn't scared to go against anyone including his friend, Frederick, he was scared that Frederick could carry out his threat of killing his wife. He was desperate for the feud to end just because of his wife's life, Frederick was about to strike him where it would hurt the most.

"Don't lie to me Pedro, your boys could not have missed her." Frederick barked in a loud voice. Some of the guards from both parties could be seen peering from their places of waiting as they heard Frederick's loud voice. They returned quietly after seeing that the bosses were only still talking.

"I don't know what game you're trying to play Fred but you can't get me to play with you," Don Pedro continued in a calm but serious tone, he took two more steps forward. "Now, I'll ask again. What do you really want?"

"I guess you don't have anything to say," Lord Frederick tried to dismiss the conversation and attempted to move away. Don Pedro pulled him back violently and launched the first blow.

_____

"Has my husband not returned since?" Silvia asked the maid she met cleaning the seats as she stepped into the living room.

"No ma," she replied and curtsied.

"Oh!" Silvia sighed and several hisses followed as she turned back and trudged towards the room, placing her hands at the back as if to support the weight of the protruded belly. The pregnancy was in its eight months, there were only few days left to get into the ninth month. She, contrary to the doctor's advice not to put herself under unnecessary stress had done a lot of strenuous activities that day; like walking briskly around the compound which was several squares kilometre large and asking about her husband and details of what was going on from everyone she met. She felt so weak and stressed out, she was also feeling signs of the delivery hour. That confused her a bit as it was not yet nine months. She began to plan on going straight to the doctor.

She entered into the room and picked her phone and car keys. She dialed her husband's number as she proceeded back outside, it rang twice without being answered.

"Get one of the drivers to prepare the blue jeep for me," she shouted at one of the maids who met her along the corridor to the living room. The maid on seeing the woman's condition turned back immediately and hurried out to perform the order.

More than one person responded to the maid's announcement as three people including Rhoda entered into the living room with her in a rush. Mabel was already proceeding to the entrance door with very heavy steps.

"Oh! My lady," Rhoda, old John's lover rushed immediately to help her. "Please leave the way," she said to one of the guards who was standing in front.

"We have to inform Lord Frederick," the guard who left the way spoke.

"You can do that while we get Madam to the hospital," Rhoda replied, without taking a look at him.

"Lord Frederick is not answering his call," the guard ran after them seconds after they moved out of the house. "He instructed that we should not allow her leave the house," he said in a shaky voice.

"Are you crazy? Can't you see she needs to get out," Rhoda replied and continued with her support to Silvia.

_____

Don Pedro had a host of his boys circulating Bextord in search for Mabel and the most possible place she could have been kept. Since Eric had suggested to Don Pedro about the possibility of her being hidden away by General, they had diverted their energies to monitoring all General's property they knew, Eric still led the several search teams.

"What's up dude?" Eric said into the phone in a very impatient tone.

"Nothing yet," the receiver replied sharply.

"Damn!" Eric cursed as he cut the call. "Is this how we're going to stay here all day without results?" He snarled as he ran his hand into his hair. He relaxed his shoulders a bit on remembering something, he took out his phone and dialed. "Hey Vicker! Why the hell are we disturbing ourselves? You of all people knows General than we all do, why don't you lead us to any of his secret hideouts that we don't know of." He said into the phone.

There was silence from the other end, Eric had to speak again to ascertain if Vicker was listening. "Hey, where the hell are you?"

"Ermm... Sorry boss, I was just thinking about what you said." Vicker finally replied.

"So where is that place we've not been to?" Eric asked.

"Ermm... I don't think I know any other place," Vicker said.

"There should be another, think about it and get back to me in two minutes." Eric said in a command tone and cut the line. Barely ten seconds after the call ended, Eric's phone began to ring. "Vicker, do you have the place now?"

"No, I don't but I just saw General drive past now. He and two boys in a sonata."

"Oh!" Eric eyes widened as an idea entered his head. Getting General as an hostage would be a step further in finding Mrs Mabel's location."Communicate with the rest of the boys at other units, monitor General and all of us woul follow him."

"Yes boss," Vicker replied and the call was ended. He pulled the seatbelt immediately and started the car engine, "Get across to the other guys now and tell them to all journey in direction of the Bextord Highland Bridge," he said to one of the boys at the back, fixing his eyes at some cars in front as he drove off.

**15 minutes later**

"He's going in direction of the Frederick's house," Vicker said into the phone with one of his hands on the wheel.

"Hey! " someone shouted from a car which just levelled up with theirs. Vicker looked sideways dropped the phone as his eyes met with Eric in the other car.

"I met some of our boys now while we drove down the bridge, they're right behind us." Eric said aloud. "We're going to overtake the fool now, no..." Eric paused as someone in his car called his attention to something at the road for returning cars. Eric could see a blue jeep, waiting for the green traffic light at the other carriageway, the occupants of the car were two men at the front seats and Silvia, Don Pedro's wife behind. Another idea struck Eric's mind, there would be a better chance of finding Mabel's location if they could kidnap Silvia just like Lord Frederick had done to Mabel.

Read Parts 5,6 & 7 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 11:56pm On Jan 28, 2017
Chapter 4 Part 5

"I met some of our boys now while we drove down the bridge, they're right behind us." Eric said aloud. "We're going to overtake the fool now, no..." Eric paused as someone in his car called his attention to something at the road for returning cars. Eric could see a blue jeep, waiting for the green traffic light at the other place, the occupants of the car were two men at the front seats while Rhoda and Silviah, Don Pedro's wife behind. Another idea struck Eric's mind, there would be a better chance of finding Mabel's location if they could kidnap Silvia just like Lord Frederick had done to Mabel.

He immediately picked up his phone and dialled the number of one of those guys coming behind.

"Hello boss" the guy said.

"A blue jeep is approaching towards you right now, make a barricade on the road to block the Jeep from passing by, now". Eric barked out orders as he watch the Jeep passed by. "Turn, turn now" He said to Vicker as they both made a dangerous U-turn in the middle of the road, thankfully there were no oncoming vehicles. They started chasing behind Silvia's jeep, before the driver of the jeep could notice through the rear-mirror that they were been pursued , it was too late as the barricade that Eric had ordered was already in front of him. A car blocking them in front, 2 cars chasing from behind, there was nothing he could do than to just park as he and the other guard quickly reached for their guns but were taken out as soon as they dropped from the jeep, leaving only Silvia and Rhoda in the vehicle. Eric walked swiftly to the Jeep and opened the door violently, his eyes met with that of Silvia who was screaming in pains.

"What's wrong ?" He asked

"Labour pains." Rhoda replied shivering.

"Damn," Eric cussed as he took some few steps away, with his hand on his head as he pulled his hair softly. He then summoned to Vicker and of his boys and they quickly rushed to him. "Do you know the hospital of that doctor that's working for Don?" Eric asked Vicker.

"Yeah, the private hospital right?" Vicker.

"Yeah, that one, You will drive this woman there, she is in labour. As soon as you get there, explain everything to the doctor first."

"Alright boss." Vicker and the other guy quickly got into the Jeep that Silvia and Rhoda were in and off he drove to the hospital, Silvia screams were now so loud as the pain has become excruciatingly much.

As soon as they drove off, Eric brought out his phone that had been ringing since they were trying to capture Silvia, he clicked on the connect button and placed the phone on his ear.

"Why have you been disturbing me since?" He screamed

"Boss you have to come to the board house immediately." the caller said.

"Why, what's going on?"

"Lord Frederick and Don Pedro are in a heated fight"

"What do you mean? What exactly is happening?"

"They are throwing punches and it's been going on for a while now"

"And you guys just stayed watching like spectators?" Eric screamed

"They both instructed us to stand back"

"And yet you couldn't call me since?"

"I have been calling but.."

"Damn you" Eric shut the guy up as he tried to explain and hung up.

"Guys, guys, let's go to the board house" He ordered.

General had almost gotten to Don Pedro's house when he received a call from one of the guys in the board house, he had turned back immediately and headed for the place. After driving for few minutes, he arrived at the place and met Pedro and Frederick engaged in a fight, he quickly ran towards them and separated them, at that moment all their boys came out from where they had been peeping, Frederick remained calm but Pedro tried to free himself from General's grip, both of their faces were badly bruised and they both looked very exhausted from the fight. General was still holding onto Pedro for him to calm down when Eric and his boys drove in, on seeing General holding his boss, he barged out of the car that wasn't completely halted, he charged towards General and landed a blow on his left arm. General let go of Don Pedro immediately and countered Eric with a blow to his lower abdomen, Eric saw the blow late hence he couldn't weave or dodge it, he was still holding onto the place General hit when General launched him an upper cut with his kneel. Eric was infuriated as he staggered backwards, General rushed towards him but in one swift move, Eric weaved and thrusted himself against General which made General loose his balance, he then launched an heavy kick to General's right leg, General fell on one knee. Eric was rushed at him again but General slided at him with his other leg and he himself fell on one kneel. They both stood up simultaneously and charged towards each other but both stopped abruptly in each others track as they heard a gunshot. They turned around and saw Don Pedro holding unto the gun that was shot.

"Let's get out of her Eric " Don Pedro said and then turned towards Lord Frederick "This is just the beginning, I promise you." He turned around and walked towards his vehicle.

"Be my guest," Lord Frederick replied as he spat out a combination of saliva mixed with blood.

"We should get you a doctor." One of the guards standing by him suggested.

"Nope, I will be just fine" He replied

"My Lord, speaking of doctor," General walked closer to him "I got a call that your wife was in labour and I was on my way there when I received another call about what was happening here"

"My wife is in what? It's not even 9 months yet, where's she?" Frederick rained questions.

"I'm not sure where she is right now because I didn't even have time to call and ask because I was rushing down here" General explained.

"You should have attended to my wife first, sh!t." Frederick cussed as they all rushed into the cars and drove away.

Eric sat in front with the driver while Don Pedro sat behind listening to the briefing from Eric.

"We were hot on General's chase and we were even about to capture him as he was driving alone but that was when we saw Lady Silvia, Lord Frederick's wife and a maid of hers driving out with just a guard and the driver." Eric said.

"So what exactly did you do?" Don Pedro asked excitedly

"We turned around and chased after her as we believed she would be a better leverage on Lord Frederick, we cornered her car, took out the driver and the guard and just as I was about to capture her, I realise she was in labour."

"Dammn," Don Pedro's excitement was short-lived. "What then did you do?"

"I instructed Vicker to take her to that doctor of yours that owned a private hospital."

"Okay, good, so have heard from them?"

"Not yet, let me call Vicker now," Eric brought out his phone and almost immediately the phone started ringing "Speak of the devil, it's Vicker." he said to Don Pedro before picking the call.

"Hello boss."

"Hey Vicker, what's up?" How is the situation?"

"Bad, very bad" Vicker replied softly

"What do you mean bad?" Eric listened to Vickers reply and the phone almost dropped from his hand.

"What is it? What happened?" Don Pedro asked impatiently.

"Vicker said that.." Eric stuttered.

"He said what" Don Pedro impatience increase more and more.

"He said Lady Silvia died during child labour" Eric replied softly.

Read Parts 6 - 8 on www.youngicee.com

Please drop your comments about the story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by queenitee(f): 7:04pm On Jan 29, 2017
No,she can't die....too bad
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Missmossy(f): 1:08pm On Jan 30, 2017
Is she really dead?? Quite painful. Keep it coming Oyinprince and Donkross1 more wisdom, strength and inspiration to you guys. Laura and Lucas though, Lucas already lost his mom. Such double calamities.
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Bb4u(f): 3:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
believe me, I heart you guys like crazy @ Oyinprince and Donkross....ure creativity is top-notch. ride on dearie(s), u just got urselves a wife for free #lolz#....love u loads

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 3:44pm On Jan 31, 2017
Bb4u:
believe me, I heart you guys like crazy @ Oyinprince and Donkross....ure creativity is top-notch. ride on dearie(s), u just got urselves a wife for free #lolz#....love u loads
wife for "Yourselves" ke? Me and kross share wife??
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 3:45pm On Jan 31, 2017
Missmossy:
Is she really dead?? Quite painful. Keep it coming Oyinprince and Donkross1 more wisdom, strength and inspiration to you guys. Laura and Lucas though, Lucas already lost his mom. Such double calamities.
thanks Dear
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by donkross1(m): 3:54pm On Jan 31, 2017
Oyinprince:
wife for "Yourselves" ke? Me and kross share wife??

Who wan share with you before sef sad

Bb4u:

I am single and available grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Christmas Party / 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare / I Am Embarrassed To Share The Same National Space With Some Imbeciles -soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 270
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.