Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone (47498 Views)

Photo: LRU On Rescue Operation At Maryland, Lagos / Cheap Flight Booking From Nigeria To Baltimore,maryland (us) / BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by BrutalJab: 12:08pm On Sep 28, 2016
Change begins with the op jare.
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by tmanis(m): 12:08pm On Sep 28, 2016
I present to you, the 'nairaland hole of the year'!
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by omoikea(m): 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2016
MadCow1:

After looking at your face.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I forgive you for any nonsense you say and or do.. grin
Hahahahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by rezzy: 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2016
tmanis:
tmanis:
Ok
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by Cutehector(m): 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2016
Some girls hole wide pass dis one..
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by yuncka: 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2016
Nawa oo....this is serious...
Not Surprised...

work of vandals... the cover of man holes are worth some amount.....
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by Elnino4ladies: 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2016
MadCow1:
In the absence of anything reasonable to say, I will just like to say,

Nice Hole..

Lol

undecided
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by Tallesty1(m): 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2016
omoikea:

shut up
lol, that was harsh
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by omoikea(m): 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2016
SweetyZinta:
grin grin grin grin grin to the person dat pasted d sign post

why are u confused
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by freezyprinzy(m): 12:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
Pestilence, Tuberculosis, Cancer and other chronic diseases shall befall anyone either PDP/APC who benefits in short changing the Nigerian state. angry
amen ooo
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by Legend87(m): 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2016
MadCow1:
In the absence of anything reasonable to say, I will just like to say,

Nice Hole..

undecided

It's indeed a nice hole... Very roundcheesy
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by juman(m): 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2016
Danger
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by kceewhyte(m): 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2016
hoes everywhere
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by missojugo(f): 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2016
What did you do apart from snap a picture and post on nairaland please?? Did you look for a plank or anything to try and cover or alert people walking towards it? This attitude of snap or make video and waka pass needs to stop sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by KayodeAjani: 12:41pm On Sep 28, 2016
Yes .i know that hole God aphad saved me sometimes from it
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by Chibuhealth(f): 12:52pm On Sep 28, 2016
omoikea:

shut up
seems that name Jesus ! Is dealing with evil spirit in you?

1 Like

Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by lozanni(m): 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2016
rotvick:
How is this a front page material?

I have seen a hole like this swallow a man, the hole is located on the median of Eko bridge. When this unfortunate incident happened, I and other concerned citizens, who witnessed it, came out of our vehicles,which was locked down in traffic, and beamed torchlights into the man-hole, as this happened in the night,but sadly could not locate the man. We put a call through to the state emergency number: 767 & 112 and they promised to intervene.
Another incident was reported by a friend, who narrated how a man-hole swallowed a man wholly. This happened near Juli Pharmacy, by Oba Akran Road Ikeja on a day it rained cat and dogs. That particular streach of Oba Akran road is usually heavily flooded during rains and so the man-hole could not be seen by wary pedestrians.
The friend above said when the man was swallowed by the flooded man-hole, he and other people waited for about five minutes to see if the swallowed man will re-surface again, but he did not. Sadly, the unfortunate man had been added to the dead missing persons statistic.
The important reason why this should be on front page is to call attention to the relevant authorities to ensure that these man-holes are properly covered, especially after repairs and maintenance work has been carried out on them, like the Eko bridge median man-holes.
Doing the proper thing can save many innocent lives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by lozanni(m): 1:38pm On Sep 28, 2016
yuncka:
Nawa oo....this is serious...
Not Surprised...

work of vandals... the cover of man holes are worth some amount.....

My brother, some vandals value money more than their lives and the lives of their loved ones. Who knows if any of the vandals loved ones may be trapped by such man-holes they normally steal their covers.
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by emiyo: 1:41pm On Sep 28, 2016
Ass hole
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by totorimi: 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2016
deb303:
change starts with you...the residents should do something and stop waiting for the government...well like you know...they are not ready to come to their aid anytime soon

My friend why do we pay tax, this one hasvgot nothing to so with change begins with me. If the appropriate ministry cannot fix this cover of the hole how do you want the people to do it. this bone is solely govt responsibility outs is to ensure the roads are used properly and kept clean and good.

1 Like

Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2016
totorimi:

My friend why do we pay tax, this one hasvgot nothing to so with change begins with me. If the appropriate ministry cannot fix this cover of the hole how do you want the people to do it. this bone is solely govt responsibility outs is to ensure the roads are used properly and kept clean and good.
Oya keep waiting for your tax money and the government na
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by omoikea(m): 1:57pm On Sep 28, 2016
Chibuhealth:
seems that name Jesus ! Is dealing with evil spirit in you?

hope nothing is wrong with you upstairs

u better carry your empty brain and pass grin grin
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by totorimi: 1:58pm On Sep 28, 2016
deb303:

Oya keep waiting for your tax money and the government na

That is the change we are talking about. When you see something you say something dont turn yhe blind eye. You will see now that the info is in the open the authority will come and cover it. It is our right and our money so demand it and never to beg for it.
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by bsideboii(m): 2:09pm On Sep 28, 2016
This one is even small sef
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by nurez305(m): 2:30pm On Sep 28, 2016
you dont need to post it here before thing can be done to it. why not just get a tyre and place it on top so that people wont fall inside...

i know if na to get tyre to do jungle justice now, it will be very easy to get for you people

SMH
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 28, 2016
totorimi:

That is the change we are talking about. When you see something you say something dont turn yhe blind eye. You will see now that the info is in the open the authority will come and cover it. It is our right and our money so demand it and never to beg for it.

not in this case...you have a duty as a citizen...there are things you do without the help of the government... for heaven sake that pit is too small for you start calling the government ...must you always wait for them to spoon feed you...ha
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by Eberex(m): 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2016
Mopolchi:
ambode should close it nah

What is wrong if you cover it? Is it every thing you want Ambode to do
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by Mopolchi: 3:42pm On Sep 28, 2016
Eberex:

What is wrong if you cover it? Is it every thing you want Ambode to do
Is your name ambode? why take paracetamol for someone's headache?
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by jaydee87(m): 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2016
totorimi:

bros putting a plank over the hole wont cost you anything. why wait for the govt wen you can do it.. leave ypur zone and save a life..
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by totorimi: 3:55pm On Sep 28, 2016
deb303:

not in this case...you have a duty as a citizen...there are things you do without the help of the government... for heaven sake that pit is too small for you start calling the government ...must you always wait for them to spoon feed you...ha

I dont know whether you know the cover we are talking about here, that is a metal cover heavy cars are supposed to go over it. As a matter of fact ordering it is costly I should say, the only thing citizen can do here in the interim is to put a warning signal there so nobody mistakenly fall inside. If we had responsible people working for us who manage the highways and the roads should that opening stay a day without covering it knowing the potential danger therein.

Fashola should order the FMWH team to go and cover that hole that is his bit and he cannot shelve it aside to the people, that is never our job and can never be. BTW dont ever think that hole is small if a car with a inch rim runs into that ditch at night the result will be fatal. So I am sure immediate solution is on the way. Kudos to the poster for bringing it up these are the type of change we need to hold our leaders accountable to their oath of office to serve the people. On the part of the people no resposnible citizen will see the hole covered and go and remove the cover for no reason. It is even too heavy for normal person to just roll it away, you must be a macho man.
Re: This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone by Eberex(m): 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2016
Mopolchi:
Is your name ambode? why take paracetamol for someone's headache?

people like you are the ones who will walk, see a hole and still walk past it even when they know a child coming behind them might fall inside. shior

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit / Man Takes Selfie After Accident, Gives Thanks To God For Survival (Photos) / Ogun: People Scoop Palm Oil Accidentally Discharged From Oil Tanker (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.