Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria (10809 Views)

Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos / 9mobile Denies Speculations Of Barclays Withdrawal As Financial Adviser / Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by danidee10(m): 3:29pm On Sep 28, 2016
HEM TEE HEN again....i don't even know if it's legal or illegal, but there should be a limited amount of money you can take out of a country (an economy) at once....Don't they know we're in buhari times angry
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 28, 2016
Whatever. First off all can we be told what the first fine MTN paid has been used for.

When it's time to fight to collect a fine they let everyone know but when they have collected we don't even hear anything about it again.

With all the billions of dollars Efcc has been claiming to be recovering. Yet we are still in recession

Everyday they say army has defeated bokoharam and the next day Shekua is making a video

This govment sef, its like the more you look the less you see
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by Compliant(m): 3:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
PROBE MTN

PROBE DINO
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by livgenius: 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2016
PunterTim:
Only if you do it illegally!
define illegally
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by morningsta(m): 3:36pm On Sep 28, 2016
Dino Melaye should quickly go ahead and substantiate his claims with hard facts and not mere allegations. The burden of proof is he who alleges.
I only wish MTN would sue him to court should this be another unfounded accusation. undecided undecided undecided MTN had better go public in Nigeria before some bad bele people run them aground in Niaja.
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by PunterTim(m): 3:47pm On Sep 28, 2016
livgenius:
define illegally
There has to be a notification before any amount that massive is transferred!
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by basadenet: 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2016
Dino Melaye said he had some proofs to substantiate his claims, so is of no use Mtn denying it in the media, all they need do is to appear before Senate and explain their side of the story.
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by middlebelter(m): 4:14pm On Sep 28, 2016
I want to appeal to all Nigerian to stand with Nigerian Senate on this matter. Yes I may not like Senator Dino Melaye, but he has my strong support on this matter. If this allegation is proven to be true, this action of MTN will amount to economic sabotage.
Repatriating such a huge some of USD in this time when the country is in serious FX crisis will amount to insensitivity of the part of the corporate giant even if they are on the right side of the law.
I hereby move the motion that NAIRALAND THE LEADING NIGERIAN SOCIAL MEDIA MAKES OUR SUPPORT TO NIGERIAN SENATE ON THIS MATTER KNOW TO THE SENATE. Fellow nairalander, I so move.
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 5:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
sammyj:
The Senate especially Melaye should be careful not to run this company down in order to save the job of the Nigerians working for this firm!!! angry
/
Interesting!

So any corporation that employees Nigerians in Nigeria should be free to do whatever they like.

/
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by sammyj: 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2016
I am not saying they should do what they like. I am only suggesting they thread with caution not to kill the company which could lead to further job lost for the citizen !!! sad
InvertedHammer:

/
Interesting!

So any corporation that employees Nigerians in Nigeria should be free to do whatever they like.

/
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by KvnqPrezo(m): 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2016
Mtn Na Thief...Frauded My Money Last Night..Call Customer Care Them Go Tell You Story!
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by Msauza(m): 6:57pm On Sep 28, 2016
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by Msauza(m): 7:02pm On Sep 28, 2016
middlebelter:
I want to appeal to all Nigerian to stand with Nigerian Senate on this matter. Yes I may not like Senator Dino Melaye, but he has my strong support on this matter. If this allegation is proven to be true, this action of MTN will amount to economic sabotage.
Repatriating such a huge some of USD in this time when the country is in serious FX crisis will amount to insensitivity of the part of the corporate giant even if they are on the right side of the law.
I hereby move the motion that NAIRALAND THE LEADING NIGERIAN SOCIAL MEDIA MAKES OUR SUPPORT TO NIGERIAN SENATE ON THIS MATTER KNOW TO THE SENATE. Fellow nairalander, I so move.

MTN must just wave you goodbye and head to eastern Europe. They must just dumb you with yet another load which shall add to your unemployment statistics.
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by Msauza(m): 7:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
mayorkyzo:
Pls an economist should enlighten me..
If I open a business in a foreign country am I not allowed to repatriate funds to my home country??

There is nothing illegal about repatriating profit realised from your businesses abroad. After all the business is yours.
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by 14(m): 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2016
Msauza:

MTN must just leave Naija and come back home.

After they have invested more than $15bn in nigeria, never. Thats SA pension money they have invested in that country and they have to get a profit out of it. now its so crazy to hear that MTN has taken $13.9bn out of the country and they very same crazy senator is not even worried about the $15billions that mtn brought to nigeria as FDI.

why only MTN all the time, there is other 2 foreign telecom companies in Nigeria and they are never touched. Nigeria must just be careful
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by 14(m): 9:12pm On Sep 28, 2016
Msauza:

MTN must just leave Naija and come back home.

Thats what they are looking for, etisalad and airtel which are both foreign companies never experience this nonesense, its clearly visible that it is political. Nigerians just hate to see any south african company making money in Nigeria and sending it to South africa. Its good that most of South african businesses are moving out.Lets see whether nigeria can establish all its industry.

1 Like

Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 9:35pm On Sep 28, 2016
tiwiex:
I don't think we get the implication of all this govt vs private sector battles. It does not help the economy in any way. We keep treating the private sector like enemies of the state and the people. How many of us have direct or indirect opportunities with MTN. Plennnnty. Diesel supply, procurement and direct jobs. No new player will come in with all this media trial and our country will get worse. Something tells me the story might be true. But guess what? After fining them that kind money, i would lose confidence in the system and play safe. It is possible, but we caused it. This government has economic myopia abi wetin Soludo call am? Policy myopia. Stop joining them folks. How does MTN or any other company leaving Nigeria affect me and you positively
You are a wise man. Not all the foools talking trash here. They think it is a competition. Smh
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by AbdulArc(m): 10:54pm On Sep 28, 2016
Pls enlighten me how to legally transfer money home I really don't understand
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by TijaniAbu: 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2016
MTN are liars. They transferred the money. The people that should be probed are Fake Pastor VP Osinbajo, Enelemah, Gbenga Oyebode. They have committed money laundering in 2 countries. 1) taking the money out of Nigeria unlawfully. 2) taking the money into South Africa unlawfully. Thieves.
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by AbdulArc(m): 11:18pm On Sep 28, 2016
Pls enlighten me how is repatriating my money home inlegal
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by aspirebig: 12:06am On Sep 29, 2016
Someone that cannot manage his home is a law maker. Anyway only in Naija sha.

Instead of advising the government on how to revive the economyin critical recession and move Nigeria ahead.

What happened to all the 17 Billion US Dollar sold on crude oil during the oil boom era?

What happened to all the money in TSA?

What happened to all the recovered loot ?

Dino should stop distracting Nigerians, people are hungry, losing jobs, dying, suffering and lamenting in abject poverty.

Where are all the promises of APC? Instead All Promises Cancelled.
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by livgenius: 7:18am On Sep 29, 2016
PunterTim:
There has to be a notification before any amount that massive is transferred!

No. There doesn't hv to be. If it's yours it's yours. Notification to who?
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by PunterTim(m): 7:44am On Sep 29, 2016
livgenius:

No. There doesn't hv to be. If it's yours it's yours. Notification to who?
To the CBN!
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by livgenius: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2016
PunterTim:
To the CBN!

That's the bank's responsibility. Not MTN.
Re: MTN Denies Illegal Transfer Of $14bn From Nigeria by PunterTim(m): 10:02am On Sep 29, 2016
livgenius:

That's the bank's responsibility. Not MTN.
Whoever it is,CBN never got that notification!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Carlcare Website Just Got A Massive Update / Glo Increases Their Data Cap (baba For Data) / The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.