Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) (23531 Views)

Kizz Daniel Unveils New Album Title & Cover Art / The Interior Of Mercy Aigbe's House (Photos) / Bedroom Photo Of Mercy Johnson And Her Husband, As She Lies On Top Of Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by dowjones(m): 9:08am On Sep 29, 2016
That's a symbolic album cover.

The dress code symbolises maturity (stepping up his style of music to a broader audience)

The color combination symbolises full fledged Nigerian

The shade of light symbolises his entrance into the major spotlight (into SONY's global market)

His slanted position symbolises a gradual movement into the spotlight. While a shade of light and darkness rests on him.

Nigerian artistes are not shallow, the Nigerian fans are largely idiotic and they're simply pleasing them.

Nairaland is one of the agents of this widespread stupidity

5 Likes

Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by Amabeast: 9:09am On Sep 29, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:
poor cover, my 3 years niece can make something better than that....

anyway... the song is going to be as the previous jagons......

Don't quote me please
Go sing na, make we hear
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by QuietHammer(m): 9:12am On Sep 29, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:
poor cover, my 3 years niece can make something better than that....

anyway... the song is going to be as the previous jagons......

Don't quote me please
..thrb don't make comments if you don't want to be quoted
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by tmanis(m): 9:21am On Sep 29, 2016
What is ep?
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by fikfaknuel(f): 9:24am On Sep 29, 2016
All of una wey dey shout 'cover cover'. Have you seen the tracks? Do you know the theme of the EP? I guess y'all thought this was an EP to celebrate how 'big' he is. No, its to say, 'God, i'm nothing. But i'm your son of mercy'.

You don't go before God in your usual bravado, you humble yourself, and nobody even thought of the light that shone in the cover art.

Observe!

2 Likes

Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by mekonglobal(m): 9:27am On Sep 29, 2016
undecided Y is he looking so malnaurish in that pic? Abeg somebody should tell him to gives us something better, Haba a whole OBO
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by lakefist(m): 9:28am On Sep 29, 2016
dowjones:

The dress code symbolises maturity (stepping up his style of music to a broader audience)

The shade of light symbolises his entrance into the major spotlight (into SONY's global market)

His slanted position symbolises a gradual movement into the spotlight. While a shade of light and darkness rests on him.

Nigerian artistes are not shallow, the Nigerian fans are largely idiotic and they're simply pleasing them.

Only sensible and matured comment so far. people this album cover is about colors, they forget the message the artist wants to pass across.

1 Like

Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by walosky(m): 9:28am On Sep 29, 2016
Hmm..na wah o! yoruba musicians and Obo (toto) are always like

Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by DJBIGGY(m): 9:29am On Sep 29, 2016
LEAFLET:
Sorry G but you losing it.. Five track EP?? what's fuckery is that

Its an EP, not an album.... Google it!!!

1 Like

Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by RZArecta(m): 9:30am On Sep 29, 2016
People are commenting that it "looks simple" must album cover art be complicated ? Why are Nigerians so mumuish sef

2 Likes

Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by Laido: 10:01am On Sep 29, 2016
tmanis:
What is ep?
Its an Extended play Bro, that contains more tracks than a single.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 29, 2016
frinx:
There's nothing peculiar about it. Looks like something done on mobile App PICSART.
Cool though
The greatest albums are done this way wink
Thriller by Michael Jackson
25 by Adele
All simple artworks
Not a fan of afropop music though but I like the album cover

1 Like

Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 29, 2016
I xpected a doper cover!
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by sleeknick: 11:03am On Sep 29, 2016
Truly the kind of people you surround yourself with will surely affect your productivity...

This is weak
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by WesBreezy: 11:57am On Sep 29, 2016
This cover can take more than 4-5 layers to do in no time. I expected Sony to do something doper. Int'l label with this crappy cover.
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by ncoolsome(m): 1:18pm On Sep 29, 2016
chrislilfee:

The cover art for Davido’s much anticipated project ‘Son Of Mercy’ has been unveiled by Sony Music.

The superstar shared the cover art on Instagram a few minutes ago with a message saying – “Whoever Tried To Count Me Out Cant Count.. Pre-Order S.O.M September 30th, Thanks To All My Fans & Family That Have Been Patient! I WILL NEVER TAKE A BREAK LIKE THAT AGAIN!! OBO”

The 5 track EP would be available for Pre-Order on iTunes this Friday – September 30th, It features production credits from Shizzi, Kiddominant, Spellz & more..
This is coming after Davido’s debut album – OBO (The Genesis) was released in 2012.

Davido since followed up with smashing records like GOBE, SKELEWU, AYE, TCHELETE, THE MONEY & more.

Mark Your Calendars.. Its Finally ‘GAME TIME’

http://www.ourhype360.com/album/ep-alert-davido-unveils-cover-art-highly-anticipated-ep-son-mercy/

Pls is there a mix up somewhere??am seeing "the 5 track EP" hope that's not true?

1 Like

Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by bsideboii(m): 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
Boring undecided
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by Akjr(m): 5:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
hit likes if u prefa wizkid to davido
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by derajojosblog(f): 5:51pm On Sep 29, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:
Barely even tried and i made Ftc...... Moral of the Story .....Stop acting childish running to comment everytime like a Bingo theres more to life than that!!

hahah!! wetin happen wif ur pix na??
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by tmanis(m): 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
Laido:

Its an Extended play Bro, that contains more tracks than a single.
ohhh.... thanks!
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
QuietHammer:
..thrb don't make comments if you don't want to be quoted

do you have comprehension problem?
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
Amabeast:
Go sing na, make we hear
simple instructions......is "please don't quote me " too much to ask for?
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by QuietHammer(m): 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:

do you have comprehension problem?

No. There, I quoted you for the second time
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2016
QuietHammer:

No. There, I quoted you for the second time
Don't peel the damn yam, if you know you can't cook it...
Stop pissing with the puppies, if you know you can't shiit with the real dogs
I hope you get the message
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by LEAFLET(m): 7:35pm On Sep 29, 2016
DJBIGGY:

Its an EP, not an album.... Google it!!!

So I have to google ep before knowing what's for.. I've seen EP's that are more than 8 tracks to show that you have those songs but nit just ready for an album yet.. What will five davido's song do for him?? Abi you think say i know wetin I dey talk..
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by LEAFLET(m): 7:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
dowjones:

Nice analysis... Some of us didn't bother to check all that.. We expected some dope stuffs but still all good...
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by QuietHammer(m): 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:

Don't peel the damn yam, if you know you can't cook it...

Stop pissing with the puppies, if you know you can't shiit with the real dogs

I hope you get the message

Nigga calm your tits_
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
QuietHammer:
Nigga calm your tits_
I was never raged, so I needn't calmin' just tryna letcha know when to stay in ya biz and when to stay Outta mine..... .peace
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by Hysmady(m): 10:05pm On Sep 29, 2016
LEAFLET:
Sorry G but you losing it.. Five track EP?? what's fuckery is that
it's an ep bruh...Ep has way lesser tracks than album
Re: Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO) by chrislilfee(m): 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2016
ncoolsome:

Pls is there a mix up somewhere??am seeing "the 5 track EP" hope that's not true?

yea,if you search for their names on the website above,you will see the tracks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oluchi, Iman, And Naomi Campbell In Rare Pose! / Toyin Aimakhu Abraham Celebrates Her 33rd Birthday With Lovely Photos / Ben Murray-Bruce And Akon All Smiles As They Pose Together In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.