Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,075 members, 7,957,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:36 AM

The Sham Called Elections In Edo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sham Called Elections In Edo State (3219 Views)

Results From Saturday Dec 10, 2016 Legislative Re-run Elections In Rivers State / Governor El-Rufai Observes Elections In Ghana (photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by infoblaster: 3:48pm On Sep 28, 2016
The long awaited and talked about Edo State Gubernatorial elections is about winding up with vote counting presently on in virtually all the polling units. Remember, the elections was initially scheduled to hold on 10th September. 2016, before it was postponed in very strange circumstances to today.

This election is unique from all previously conducted ones, this is the first time elections will be held in the country when voters would be accredited and allowed to vote simultaneously unlike what obtains in the past. The time spent waiting for proper elections to commence after accreditation had been done has been completely eliminated which itself, is good for time management.

A rather disturbing trend reported from virtually most polling units in the state today is the massive and rampant vote buying in today’s elections. Inducement of voters with money is not alien to our electoral process, but what was observed today, is rather very alarming which shows the desperation these our so-called leaders could go all in the name of winning elections.

Today’s elections would most likely go down in the history of the state as one that attracted the most numbers of voter turnouts. A major factor responsible for this turnout is the inducement of voters which was very rampant across the state with security officers turning a blind eyes to the activities of party agent contractors inducing voters with money.

My anger against the good people of Edo state is that which day would they ever come of age and mature enough to stop selling their birth rights during election days for mere pittance? Similar act happened last year during the general elections where it was reported in some polling units that voters went home richer with between N4, 000 and N7, 000 as proceeds of their vote sales. History is presently repeating itself now with the sham currently going on in this gubernatorial elections.

Edo state is in dire need of basic infrastructural developments such as good roads, schools, health care centers and other basic necessities of life which today is a luxury. How do you think someone that bought his way into power would attend to such needs. This is the time for Edo state to wise up!

1 Like

Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by chriskosherbal(m): 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hmmmm Nigeria, God save us
Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by tukdi: 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2016
infoblaster:
The long awaited and talked about Edo State Gubernatorial elections is about winding up with vote counting presently on in virtually all the polling units. Remember, the elections was initially scheduled to hold on 10th September. 2016, before it was postponed in very strange circumstances to today.

This election is unique from all previously conducted ones, this is the first time elections will be held in the country when voters would be accredited and allowed to vote simultaneously unlike what obtains in the past. The time spent waiting for proper elections to commence after accreditation had been done has been completely eliminated which itself, is good for time management.

A rather disturbing trend reported from virtually most polling units in the state today is the massive and rampant vote buying in today’s elections. Inducement of voters with money is not alien to our electoral process, but what was observed today, is rather very alarming which shows the desperation these our so-called leaders could go all in the name of winning elections.

Today’s elections would most likely go down in the history of the state as one that attracted the most numbers of voter turnouts. A major factor responsible for this turnout is the inducement of voters which was very rampant across the state with security officers turning a blind eyes to the activities of party agent contractors inducing voters with money.

My anger against the good people of Edo state is that which day would they ever come of age and mature enough to stop selling their birth rights during election days for mere pittance? Similar act happened last year during the general elections where it was reported in some polling units that voters went home richer with between N4, 000 and N7, 000 as proceeds of their vote sales. History is presently repeating itself now with the sham currently going on in this gubernatorial elections.

Edo state is in dire need of basic infrastructural developments such as good roads, schools, health care centers and other basic necessities of life which today is a luxury. How do you think someone that bought his way into power would attend to such needs. This is the time for Edo state to wise up!
tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by modath(f): 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2016
infoblaster:

The total summation of this diatribe is what? PDP losing? Or has lost? Be clear.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by Destined2win: 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2016
Who is winning..and who is losing?
Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2016
both PDP and APC shared money. APC shared more.

Myopic people are voting PDP because of National hardship as if it is d state government dat decide dollar rate. APC lost some vote due to Buhari and not Oshiomole performance.

APC needed to share much money to prevent Anti Buhari forces from costing them the election.

Obaseki of APC will make a better governor.

However, at this very moment nobody can tell who will win.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by Jokerman(m): 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2016
God please grant me a visa to live this country...

A country of frauds....

1 Like

Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by Jokerman(m): 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
modath:

The total summation of this diatribe is what? PDP losing? Or has lost? Be clear.

I am happy seeing you support corruption. .. grin

1 Like

Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by Akpan107(m): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2016
Jokerman:
God please grant me a visa to live this country...

A country of frauds....
"leave"
Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by Jokerman(m): 4:38pm On Sep 28, 2016
Akpan107:
"leave"

Lolss... thanks bro... I was typing with annoyance
Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by infoblaster: 4:44pm On Sep 28, 2016
Stop selling your birth right because of money. That is what this diatribe is all about

modath:

Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by modath(f): 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2016
Jokerman:

I am happy seeing you support corruption. .. grin

You are a jokerman for real! smiley

How is my comment in support?

4 Likes

Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by Jokerman(m): 4:54pm On Sep 28, 2016
modath:

You are a jokerman for real! smiley

How is my comment in support?

Lolsss.... wats your take on Apc swaying voters with cash at polling unit?? angry
Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by modath(f): 5:07pm On Sep 28, 2016
Jokerman:

Lolsss.... wats your take on Apc swaying voters with cash at polling unit?? angry

See kweshun!! cheesy who introduced money into naija politics? I may have a response when you riddle me this;

When you give me your take on Ize-Iyamu claiming Akinwunmi Ambode is in Edo today 28th of Sept, 2016 to manipulate elections when the latter isn't even in the country!! smiley

5 Likes

Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by Jokerman(m): 5:14pm On Sep 28, 2016
modath:

See kweshun!! cheesy who introduced money into naija politics? I may have a response when you riddle me this;

When you give me your take on Ize-Iyamu claiming Akinwunmi Ambode is in Edo today 28th of Sept, 2016 to manipulate elections when the latter isn't even in the country!! smiley

Hahaha... I now believe we are not ready for true change in this country...

I know PDP is corruption galore...

I just want you to accept the truth that APC is corruption filled too...

So dont ever say Buhari is fighting any corruption, just opposition. ..

Now I have accepted that POI did wrong even his party PDP,... what's yours??
Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by Uyi168: 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2016
Money flow for this election sha.. me,na 4k i manage pocket,my sis collect 6.5k.. hw i wish election fit b every week..go 4 too make sense..

1 Like

Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by infoblaster: 9:52pm On Sep 28, 2016
And did you vote for your conscience? If no, with this mentality of yours, Nigeria will never develop and we will keep on having the wrong leaders to lead us.

May God help us!

Uyi168:
Money flow for this election sha..
me,na 4k i manage pocket,my sis collect 6.5k..
hw i wish election fit b every week..go 4 too make sense..
Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by Uyi168: 1:25am On Sep 29, 2016
infoblaster:
And did you vote for your conscience? If no, with this mentality of yours, Nigeria will never develop and we will keep on having the wrong leaders to lead us.

May God help us!

..apc=pdp..they re all dsame..
yes,i voted my conscience..
Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by kurt09(m): 2:10am On Sep 29, 2016
infoblaster:

Abegi. Whether you collect money or not, who ever that wins will still work and loot. Those that we voted free of charge last year what have we gain from them accept long convoy with tinted glass. Point of correction, its not inducement rather hardship or recession gift. We won't see them again till 2019 election.
Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by infoblaster: 11:41pm On Oct 26, 2016
Nigeria i hail thee! New vocab in town, election inducement money has suddenly become recession gift!

May God help us!

kurt09:
Abegi. Whether you collect money or not, who ever that wins will still work and loot. Those that we voted free of charge last year what have we gain from them accept long convoy with tinted glass. Point of correction, its not inducement rather hardship or recession gift. We won't see them again till 2019 election.
Re: The Sham Called Elections In Edo State by 9japride(m): 5:49am On Oct 27, 2016
Since the indigenes are not making noise about a clear case of malpractices, let sleeping dogs lie. The elected governor has a big task to do better than Gov Adams

(1) (Reply)

If You Are Not Dead Then Address A Press Conference And Debunk The Rumours / Truth About Blacks Not Helping Blacks Debunked / UN: Top 10 Happiest (and Saddest) Countries In Africa (2020)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.