Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas (2391 Views)

Igbos Always Embrace North But Not Islam, WHY? / There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu / "Comparing Okorocha With Obiano Is Like Comparing Messi With Sec School Players" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by omonnakoda: 5:01pm On Sep 28, 2016
I do not understand this irrepressible urge our small brothers have to always measure plick with us. We love them and recognize them as hardworking though a tiny minority are full of implacable hatred for the Yoruba.
God has designed the horse with the eyes in front and the tail at the back.

Mention any piece of good news in Lagos and the next thing you will hear is how the Igbos are responsible and so on. It is getting out of hand and needs to stop.
Any time your big brother does something laudable please be happy for him and join in the celebration so that God will bless you too.

Peace!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by sarrki(m): 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
Southwest is the pace setter.

That's all

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by reptile1: 5:09pm On Sep 28, 2016
sarrki:

That's all

Guy find work make u no die for naira land.

@poster, who be ur brother? Go Oshogbo go measure prick with ur hunger hammered brothers cheesy

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by sarrki(m): 5:12pm On Sep 28, 2016
reptile1:

Guy find work make u no die for naira land.

@poster, who be brother? Go Oshogbo go measure prick with hunger hammered brother cheesy

Thank you

I know the grammar hard you small let me explain the meaning to you

It simply mean " we set the pace and others follow"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by EasternActivist: 5:17pm On Sep 28, 2016
Who in his right sense will want to be an afonja.

I am looking up to the day when all the Yorubas will be proud of their villages in their various states and stop claiming I come from Lagos.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by omonnakoda: 5:18pm On Sep 28, 2016
Freedom2016:

Ezigbo arrant nonsense. Do you think Igbos are your mate? Kai Igbos have suffered in this country...look at ordinary yorubbas dragging feet with a people notably and verifiably compared only amongst Germans, Jews, Japanese and Chinese. If yorubbas are man enough, then agree to separation nah. I promise you between God and man...what Israel is doing to Arab nations and Palestine will be a cake walk to what Biaffra will be doing to Oduo Republic.
You have said it all : Igbos wannabe Jews and Germans and all what not.

Yorubas want to be Yorubas full stop. We are complete and do not need external validation.
People come from all over to learn our religion culture and language.

We have a saying
Aji se bi Oyo lari, Oyo ki se bi baba eni kankan
Oyo has many imitators but imitates no one. We are not Jews or German or any other thing we are Yoruba.

Those who are confused know themselves

How many Yorubas pride themselves on speaking Igbo or wearing baby hats and so on??

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by reptile1: 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2016
sarrki:

Thank you

I know the grammar hard you small let me explain the meaning to you

It simply mean " we set the pace and others follow"

Taaa go sleep. Locomotive engine still get strength to ravv? Stark illiterate.

16 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by EasternActivist: 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2016
sarrki:

That's all

Without Lagos there is no southwest as simple as that

17 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by sarrki(m): 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2016
EasternActivist:
Who in his right sense will want to be an afonja.

I am looking up on the day when all the Yorubas will be proud of their villages in their various states and stop claiming I come from Lagos.

It's not something to fight about

Just an innocent question

Lagos is in southwest

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by kernel504(m): 5:22pm On Sep 28, 2016
If a man enjoys comparison, he will most definitely want to stay close to his/her mirror to always measure up, right?
Igbos don't want to stay with you, stop forcing yourself on us. If Hausa Fulanis betrayals Tinubu, instead of fighting them... You start pointing hands on the Igbo's, why?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by sarrki(m): 5:22pm On Sep 28, 2016
EasternActivist:

Without Lagos there is no southwest as simple as that

Then we thank God there is Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by EasternActivist: 5:24pm On Sep 28, 2016
sarrki:

It's not something to fight about

Just an innocent question

Lagos is in southwest

Afonja, swerve abeg
Una no reach, always claiming Lagosian

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by EasternActivist: 5:25pm On Sep 28, 2016
sarrki:

Then we thank God there is Lagos

Yes!! you have to because the survival of the Yorubas begins and ends in Lagos...

Lagos is your life and your everything

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by galaxy4rep(m): 5:28pm On Sep 28, 2016
No, they are not....its Yorubas that does, just like u are doing now!

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by 007Nasky(m): 5:29pm On Sep 28, 2016
I no gt una time...make I finish work 1st
Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by galaxy4rep(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
Lagos! Lagos! Lagos!..... is it not d Lagos we all developed as former Nigerian capital?

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by galaxy4rep(m): 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2016
Afonja

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by galaxy4rep(m): 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2016
Can u guys stay without mentioning Igbos ?

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by galaxy4rep(m): 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2016
I think u are suffering from igbofobia.....

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by galaxy4rep(m): 5:36pm On Sep 28, 2016
seems like ur heart always skip whenever Igbo is being mentioned.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by galaxy4rep(m): 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2016
stupidity everywhere!

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by galaxy4rep(m): 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2016
yoloba youths and inferiority complex thingy...

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by mightyhazell: 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2016
galaxy4rep:
Can u guys stay without mentioning Igbos ?
good question! Yorubas can't stay a moment without mentioning/creating threads about the blest tribe!

Whoz now comparing himself 2 who?

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by sarrki(m): 5:44pm On Sep 28, 2016
mightyhazell:
good question! Yorubas can't stay a moment without mentioning the blest tribe!

We are brothers that's why.
Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by Alozsilviaz: 5:44pm On Sep 28, 2016
sometimes it is a natural thing but no body compare to any one.
Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by galaxy4rep(m): 5:44pm On Sep 28, 2016
u no get work? Lagos ! Lagos! are u from Lagos? I wonder how Yoruba land will b like had it been that Nigerian first capital was not there....

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by mightyhazell: 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2016
sarrki:

We are brothers that's why.

yea,..kidbrother.

But u shdt be measuring urselves with us. Don't u think?

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by galaxy4rep(m): 5:47pm On Sep 28, 2016
u must b under 20s if not I don't c any reason for this useless post....wia is d 1 Nigeria u guys are canvassing for? well , I know we are not one, and we will never b because of ur type..

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by sarrki(m): 5:49pm On Sep 28, 2016
mightyhazell:
yea,..kidbrother.

But u shdt be measuring urselves with us. Don't u think?

Though it's fun here that's part of what makes nairaland fun

But less I forget that criminal called Kanu should apologize to Nigeria & he will be forgiven
Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by galaxy4rep(m): 5:50pm On Sep 28, 2016
Very childish post!

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Always Comparing Theselves To Yorubas by galaxy4rep(m): 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2016
Lazy set of ppl!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Victory For PDP In Osun / Tinubu, Dangote, Femi Otedola, Lawan, Oshiomole Gets Appointment From Buhari / Fani Kayode Reveal What Will Happen If Buhari, APC Sacks INEC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.