Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,378 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? (1925 Views)

2014 TOYOTA Camry***45k Actual Mileage Only***time Left:3days 0hours 10mins** / How To Deal With Idiotic Car Sellers Here / I Urgently Want To Buy Ford F150 And Toyota Sienna. Car Sellers Pls Contact Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by divineshare(m): 11:19pm On Sep 28, 2016
I just saw a thread about sienna 1998-2000 model yet the advert says 2001.

Why do most car sellers/Owner lie about the actual year of a vehicle even in cases where it's so obvious?

Nairaland Mods should begin to barn such fradulent sellers.

Thank you.
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by princetom1(m): 12:10am On Sep 29, 2016
divineshare:

Why do most car sellers/Owner lie about the actual year of a vehicle even when in cases where it's so obvious?

Thank you.

Mods aren't interested in it, even seun. They are busy pushing snake topic and boobs pic to first page.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by uboma(m): 6:56am On Sep 29, 2016
I have noticed overtime that some self acclaimed car dealers here do not really know the spec of the cars they put up for sale.

while some simply choose to be mischievous.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 8:37am On Sep 29, 2016
divineshare:

Why do most car sellers/Owner lie about the actual year of a vehicle even in cases where it's so obvious?

Thank you.

Can u pls explain whats fraudulent about someone deciding to call his 2000 model corolla a 05 model, the car pics are there for you to see, so if you like the car you buy else, move on.

If you keep a goat and call it a lion for the next 100 years it will not become a lion, it will still be a goat, so for anyone saying his 02 model car is 05 model doesnt make the car to become 05 model, so long as the pics are there for you to see

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by EkeneElectrons(m): 8:39am On Sep 29, 2016
Learn how to read VIN number

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by Junior66(m): 8:40am On Sep 29, 2016
valarinz:

Can u pls explain whats fraudulent about someone deciding to call his 2000 model corolla a 05 model, the car pics are there for you to see, so if you like the car you buy else, move on.

If you keep a goat and call it a lion for the next 100 years it will not become a lion, it will still be a goat, so for anyone saying his 02 model car is 05 model doesnt make the car to become 05 model, so long as the pics are there for you to see
In your fraudulent mind, deceiving people is not fraudulent abi? Continue.
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 8:44am On Sep 29, 2016
Junior66:

In your fraudulent mind, deceiving people is not fraudulent abi? Continue.

If you like you can eat, sleep, wake up, and even have sex all the days of your lives on nairaland, but any day you finally decide to leave your laptop and enter the streets of our country, you'll find out that this is how car dealers/sellers have been referring to cars even before you were born and they will continue till you die too. You either use your initiative and buy your car and go home or you can keep opening threads to rant on nairaland. Goodluck
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by princetom1(m): 8:53am On Sep 29, 2016
valarinz:

If you like you can eat, sleep, wake up, and even have sex all the days of your lives on nairaland, but any day you finally decide to leave your laptop and enter the streets of our country, you'll find out that this is how car dealers/sellers have been referring to cars even before you were born and they will continue till you die too. You either use your initiative and buy your car and go home or you can keep opening threads to rant on nairaland. Goodluck

We were trying to seal a deal with u lately (coded), never knew u are 1 of them. From now on, i cant have anything to ever do with u. Huh, even thieves are coming out bcoz they aren't caught yet, what a shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by princetom1(m): 8:54am On Sep 29, 2016
EkeneElectrons:
Learn how to read VIN number

I dey feel u my brother, but most refuse to give out vin, even some don't know what vin is used for
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 8:58am On Sep 29, 2016
princetom1:

We were trying to seal a deal with u lately (coded), never knew u are 1 of them. From now on, i cant have anything to ever do with u. Huh, even thieves are coming out bcoz they aren't caught yet, what a shame

See this one, you trying to seal which deal? swerve!!! coded ko. coded ni, any car i have for sale will be sold, leave your childish threats for toilet. As for calling me a thief, i know it has a lot to tell about your age/maturity
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 29, 2016
valarinz:

It is fraudulent misrepresentation. The buyers may not necessarily be able to recognize car models by mere seeing them. Customers whould be able to take a truly honest businessman at face value.

Of course, this does not excuse the need for due diligence on the part of the buyer.
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 9:05am On Sep 29, 2016
koonbey:

It is fraudulent misrepresentation. The buyers may not necessarily be able to recognize car models by mere seeing them. Customers whould be able to take a truly honest businessman at face value.

Of course, this does not excuse the need for due diligence on the part of the buyer.

Not excusing those who are guilty of the offence(even though we're talking about 90% of car sellers in naija), the bolded is what should be preached over and over again, by the time you perform your due diligence on a car, the actual year model will be the least of your discoveries most of the time
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by princetom1(m): 9:10am On Sep 29, 2016
valarinz:

See this one, you trying to seal which deal? swerve!!! coded ko. coded ni, any car i have for sale will be sold, leave your childish threats for toilet. As for calling me a thief, i know it has a lot to tell about your age/maturity

For you not to be able to comprehend that, u are matured indeed. All those sellers that don't have chill, i swerve, same arrogance with InspiredM
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by EkeneElectrons(m): 9:32am On Sep 29, 2016
princetom1:

I dey feel u my brother, but most refuse to give out vin, even some don't know what vin is used for

yes, dey don't know and dey didn't snap it, as for me, i have the photos of all my cars available for sale.
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by princetom1(m): 9:36am On Sep 29, 2016
EkeneElectrons:

yes, dey don't know and dey didn't snap it, as for me, i have the photos of all my cars available for sale.

Nna, u na confirm guy. More buyers to ur car mart

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 9:36am On Sep 29, 2016
princetom1:

For you not to be able to comprehend that, u are matured indeed. All those sellers that don't have chill, i swerve, same arrogance with InspiredM

Oga, have i ever stolen/defrauded you or anyone you know breathing this air we both breathe on this earth, you think cos i'm selling you can dangle the threat of not buying while insulting me and i won't give back? You're a kid , you'll grow up with time, you think nairaland is the real world? I bet if you see me in person you won't be able to call me a thief to my face all cos you feel strongly against my opinion, rubbish!!
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by princetom1(m): 9:44am On Sep 29, 2016
valarinz:

Oga, have i ever stolen/defrauded you or anyone you know breathing this air we both breathe on this earth, you think cos i'm selling you can dangle the threat of not buying while insulting me and i won't give back? You're a kid , you'll grow up with time, you think nairaland is the real world? I bet if you see me in person you won't be able to call me a thief to my face all cos you feel strongly against my opinion, rubbish!!

Oga, read and understand, its my policy not to call people names here on NL bcoz u can never tell who they are. I didn't call u thief. Ur comment just dissapointed me too much, if u cant be truthful in little things. Why lie? U wanna do bizz and u start it with lie? Common.... every foundation laid on lies will surely crumble later or soon
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by divineshare(m): 9:57am On Sep 29, 2016
valarinz:

In law it is called misrepresentation, which can either be innocent or fraudulent and in this case the latter is the case.
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2016
princetom1:

Oga, read and understand, its my policy not to call people names here on NL bcoz u can never tell who they are. I didn't call u thief. Ur comment just dissapointed me too much, if u cant be truthful in little things. Why lie? U wanna do bizz and u start it with lie? Common.... every foundation laid on lies will surely crumble later or soon

You would have made your points without the threats and personal insults, no need for that, mind you, you can go check if i inflate years of cars cos i don't, but this is what almost every car is known as in the streets eg go ask for a 2002 camry and you'll be shown the 01 model popularly known as droplight whereas the big daddy referred to as 03 is actually 02 model. Use this your logic and go ask dealers for cars and you'll see you'll keep getting wrong cars till you have no choice than to blend in.

Calling for threads to be closed and banned based on this will require closing about 90% of threads on auto section, instead of calling someone a fraud for naming his car in the popular naija format, why not concentrate on educating buyers to focus on checking more important things in a car before buying, na wa o
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 10:00am On Sep 29, 2016
divineshare:

In law it is called misrepresentation, which can either be innocent or fraudulent and in this case the latter is the case.

I guess "In law" calling a car "Toyota Big Daddy" instead of "Toyota Camry" is also fraudulent misinterpretation
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by princetom1(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2016
valarinz:

You would have made your points without the threats and personal insults, no need for that, mind you, you can go check if i inflate years of cars cos i don't, but this is what almost every car is known as in the streets eg go ask for a 2002 camry and you'll be shown the 01 model popularly known as droplight whereas the big daddy referred to as 03 is actually 02 model. Use this your logic and go ask dealers for cars and you'll see you'll keep getting wrong cars till you have no choice than to blend in.

Calling for threads to be closed and banned based on this will require closing about 90% of threads on auto section, instead of calling someone a fraud for naming his car in the popular naija format, why not concentrate on educating buyers to focus on checking more important things in a car before buying, na wa o

U know why we are here now? U said, WHATS FRAUDULENT ABOUT SOMEONE CALLING HIS 02 COROLLA 05 CORROLA. What's the motive behind giving wring information intentionally? Its to scam and defraud. I have engineers and dealers here that will give u info even in their sleep and u can travel the whole world to confirm. Just bcoz alot of people do something doesn't mean u too should do it. There is nothing like being truthful in what u do.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 10:21am On Sep 29, 2016
princetom1:

U know why we are here now? U said, WHATS FRAUDULENT ABOUT SOMEONE CALLING HIS 02 COROLLA 05 CORROLA. What's the motive behind giving wring information intentionally? Its to scam and defraud. I have engineers and dealers here that will give u info even in their sleep and u can travel the whole world to confirm. Just bcoz alot of people do something doesn't mean u too should do it. There is nothing like being truthful in what u do.

Read what you wrote up there now, does it sound better or does the previous rants and insults and name calling sound better? Anyways i believe ive already stated why i think sellers do that on my last two responses
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by princetom1(m): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2016
valarinz:

Read what you wrote up there now, does it sound better or does the previous rants and insults and name calling sound better? Anyways i believe ive already stated why i think sellers do that on my last two responses

Just so i quoted u, i did not mentioned ur name, i generalized my comment, u took it as am referring to u. And yes, we tried sealing a deal with u lately which didn't go through. If ur last reply had been d first, no one will have attack u.
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 10:31am On Sep 29, 2016
princetom1:

Just so i quoted u, i did not mentioned ur name, i generalized my comment, u took it as am referring to u. And yes, we tried sealing a deal with u lately which didn't go through. If ur last reply had been d first, no one will have attack u.

Ok, now, lets start again

divineshare:
Thank you.

Do you agree with the bolded?
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 29, 2016
valarinz:

I guess "In law" calling a car "Toyota Big Daddy" instead of "Toyota Camry" is also fraudulent misinterpretation
What kind of rubbish analogy is this? Are both names mutually exclusive?

What is fraudulent is telling a buyer something you know to be false in order to induce him/her to buy.

Stop trying to justify what is clearly wrong oga.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 10:44am On Sep 29, 2016
At this juncture i drop my pen, if you ever make enough money to buy a car, you can look out for only sellers who put the right dates/names on their ads. Goodluck

Thanks
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by princetom1(m): 10:52am On Sep 29, 2016
valarinz:

Ok, now, lets start again

Do you agree with the bolded?

Yes. And if u research about me, u will know am doing something similar and alot of people had been banned
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 10:57am On Sep 29, 2016
princetom1:

Yes. And if u research about me, u will know am doing something similar and alot of people had been banned

I know i just said ill drop my pen, so ill only reply if its you, so we'll get to a conclusive end on this debate

Now, back to topic, based on which assertion? How do you differentiate those who do it knowingly from those who didn't know any better? And also, why are at least 80% of ads on auto section still standing?
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by KOMBE: 11:01am On Sep 29, 2016
Criminals and scammers everywhere in the country. I am still shocked that people will support giving wrong information on the actual year of manufacture of a vehicle. Change indeed begins with us

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by princetom1(m): 11:20am On Sep 29, 2016
valarinz:

I know i just said ill drop my pen, so ill only reply if its you, so we'll get to a conclusive end on this debate

Now, back to topic, based on which assertion? How do you differentiate those who do it knowingly from those who didn't know any better? And also, why are at least 80% of ads on auto section still standing?

U getting me wrong
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by princetom1(m): 11:28am On Sep 29, 2016
valarinz:

Read the bolded. Which means, u support it, on other word, u saying, anything that will make u sell ur vehicle, u will do it. Also, alot of people here are middle men that knew very little about vehicles. Seun is more interested in having so much views on nairaland, so, mods cant just banned threads. Check my thread on scammers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 11:35am On Sep 29, 2016
[quote author=princetom1 post=49769197][/quote]

I see, but why did you not also read that comment till the end na, didn't I mention anything about the car pics being there, you know nairalanders are too fond of rushing to call someone fraud/scam, all cos it's faceless. For someone who's used to knowing his car as a particular year model to come and advertise it as such doesnt make him a fraud so long as he attach the pics for you to see too, we'll have a case if you had corrected him and he still insists then Google will be the judge

It's not enough for you to call/label one a scam/fraud, check the use of those words well, it's a long shot

Based on that, every car dealer will be a scammer cos as a dealer you won't beat your chest to say you get the year/date accurate on every car you advertise

Fraud/scam all cos of date misinterpretation? Naa

(1) (2) (Reply)

REG 2014 Toyota Corolla bought brand new for sale. / Tokunbo Infiniti FX45 SUV 2008 (SOLD!!) / Toks Toyota Corolla Sport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.