Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll (22676 Views)

Obaseki & Oshiomhole Celebrate Obaseki's Appeal Court Victory In Benin (Photos) / David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll / Obaseki & Oshiomhole Jubilate As Tribunal Dismisses Ize Iyamu's Application(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by Mc4larin: 8:20pm On Sep 29, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday congratulated the government and people of Edo State on the successful conclusion of the gubernatorial election and the victory of the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, Godwin Obaseki at the polls.

In a telephone call to Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole, President Buhari commended the well-articulated campaign programme of the APC in the state, the doggedness of the governor, governor-elect and party members in going round the state to reach the people with records of good governance over the years and a promise of continuity.

In a statement by the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, the President said that the outcome of the election clearly reflected the mood of the people to sustain the pedigree of responsiveness, forthrightness and diligence that Governor Oshomole brought into the service of his people.

‘‘The victory is good for democracy, for Nigeria and the people of Edo State,’’ he said.

President Buhari also said that the victory was well-deserved as the campaign train, which he joined, worked hard to sell its people-centered manifesto.

He applauded the conduct of the Independent National Electoral Commission, security agencies, corps members and electorate in ensuring a peaceful election.
INEC had announced that Obaseki won the majority of the votes cast, with a total of 319,483 votes, and he was closely followed by Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the PDP, who polled 253,173 votes.

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-congratulates-obaseki-oshiomhole-victory-poll/

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by nerdymufasa(m): 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
We af heard oo

1 Like

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by nerdymufasa(m): 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2016
We af heard oo
Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by Mc4larin: 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
nerdymufasa:
J
Welldone!
Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by okosodo: 8:31pm On Sep 29, 2016
Oshiomhole is a man that has single handedly tamed all the wild animals like anenih and igbinedion in edo state since buhari has refused to jail the real thieves. He is more interested in patience jonathan

52 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by Qmerit(m): 8:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
Wow, this shows how PMB love Oshobaba and
the people of Edo state, cause he has never congratulated anyone who come out victorious in any elections since he assumed office. Thank U PMB. Don't ask him why now, he give it to whoever he wishes to.

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by nehis234(m): 8:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
Mr incompetent congratulating a fellow party man, that he can barely vouch for. Continue like this and this how you will congratulate someone else come 2019.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
Qmerit:
Wow this shows how PMB love oshobab and
the people of Edo state, cause he has never congratulated anyone who come victorious in elections since he assumed office. Thank u PMB. Don't ask him why now he give it to whoever he wishes.

Yes very true. When APC won in Kogi state he did not send congratulation message. This clearly show how much Oshiomole is respected and regarded.

42 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by muyibaba222(m): 9:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
ok
Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by sarrki(m): 9:43pm On Sep 29, 2016
nehis234:
Mr incompetent congratulating a fellow party man, that he can barely vouch for. Continue like this and this how you will congratulate your predecessor come 2019.

Did you vote him last year ?

What makes you believe that he will not win in 2019 ?

The way you guys talk about him makes it harder for

His followers to see anything wrong with him

So stop day dreaming

Wake up to reality

99 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by Harrisee(m): 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
When PDP supporters were jubilating yesterday, thinking they've won, I told them to keep calm 'cos anything can happen in this country. Now imagine the final result. APC will always allow PDP to have early lead b4 shooting them off to nowhere. Next time wait till the final result is announced b4 throwing parties.

Also, Election is not won on nairaland or on the internet. You have to really go there and do your thing.

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by Plus10(m): 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
if it was another party that won he would not have congratulated the winner. Yeye plenty for naija!

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by nehis234(m): 10:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
sarrki:

Did you vote him last year ?

What makes you believe that he will not win in 2019 ?

The way you guys talk about him makes it harder for

His followers to see anything wrong with him

So stop day dreaming

Wake up to reality

Mr, what's the reality? to answer your question I did not Vote last year. (cos I wasn't in the country)

Just so you know I am neither a wailer nor a Zombie, and if you notice most Zombies are gradually turning to Wailers. Am just an advocate of good governance, we just need some one who can provide the basics (RLW) road, light and water every other thing will follow.

Feel me now?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by sarrki(m): 10:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
nehis234:

Mr, what's the reality? to answer your question I did not Vote last year. (cos I wasn't in the country)

Just so you know I am neither a wailer nor a Zombie, and if you notice most Zombies are gradually turning to Wailers. Am just an advocate of good governance, we just need some one who can provide the basics (RLW) road, light and water every other thing will follow.

Feel me now?

You just disown your party

Coz of the loss in Edo

Mr Good Governance indeed

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by timeman: 10:35pm On Sep 29, 2016
Those from the land of the missing sun were fuming over edo state that it got me wondered when edo state became part of their region.
Kiss the truth!

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by nehis234(m): 10:35pm On Sep 29, 2016
sarrki:

You just disown your party

Coz of the loss in Edo

Mr Good Governance indeed

Yeah right, like you really know me.

Never again will pdp rule this country. 16 yrs was enough to turn things around in this country.

Like I said before you called me out. If your party continues like this till 2019, be rest assured that you will be voted out of POWER. we need people with the right initiative for development.

If you don't still FEEL ME then I rest my case.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by Primusinterpares(m): 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2016
In mama peace voice ...ok continue... Dia ris God o

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2016
PDP GO AND DIE......SAI BABA grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2016
Congratulations to APC..

PDP...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by demarc001: 10:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
So Buhari can comment on events in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by sarrki(m): 10:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
nehis234:

Yeah right, like you really know me.

Never again will pdp rule this country. 16 yrs was enough to turn things around in this country.

Like I said before you called me out. If your party continues like this till 2019, be rest assured that you will be voted out of POWER. we need people with the right initiative for development.

If you don't still FEEL ME then I rest my case.

I don't belong to any party

On a good day obiano & dakwambo of gome are not APC

You claimed I belong to but I love them

I love progressive

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by martineinstein(m): 10:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
so,ize was right about ambode

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by MzMercie: 10:53pm On Sep 29, 2016
Cool
Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by oothoney: 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
tuale4u:

Yes very true. When APC won in Kogi state he did not send congratulation message. This clearly show how much Oshiomole is respected and regarded.

Oshiomole is the Minister of Petroleum..that post was reserved for him

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by martineinstein(m): 10:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
okosodo:
Oshiomhole is a man that has single handedly tamed all the wild animals like anenih and igbinedion in edo state since buhari has refused to jail the real thieves. He is more interested in patience jonathan
the man strong no be here o....only him one vs strong forces in pdp....oshobaba is future 'obasanjo' of politics

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by gurunlocker: 10:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
Dullard didn't congratulate other governors who won previous election o....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by tempest01(m): 10:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
corruption

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by electrokcoi(m): 11:03pm On Sep 29, 2016
Within concerns me

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 29, 2016
italianjob:
sometimes I get angry with my girlfriend for no reason,and I do love her.i just want to see her cry.i don't know why.she lives in Napoli,and I live in Milan.i tink I have a problem
Are you mad?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll by Akinaukwa: 11:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
As one of the monitors cum observer at the election i took time to get round Benin and some parts of Edo State. As much as i congratulate the winner of the contest i wish to remind him he has a lot of work to do. The State is lagging behind.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie Writes Aisha Yesufu An Open Letter / "Nigerians Now Enjoy Better Electricity Than In The Past" - Babatunde Fashola. / Herdsmen Killings: Benue Fires Back At Sultan Over Jihad Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.