Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,486 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Igbo Soldier Gets Muslim Baby Named After Him For Assisting In Delivery - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Igbo Soldier Gets Muslim Baby Named After Him For Assisting In Delivery (860 Views)

Nigerian Soldier And Her Naval Officer Husband In Loved Up Photos / My Ex-Girlfriend Named Her Child All My Names Just Because She Loved Me / Baby Named 'eclipse' After He Was Born During Total Solar Eclipse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Soldier Gets Muslim Baby Named After Him For Assisting In Delivery by playboy99(m): 2:15am On Sep 30, 2016
Celestine Nwabueze shares the sweet story of how a Muslim woman named her son after him in war torn Borno. 24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter! Subscribe After helping in the delivery of a baby boy as villagers fled a village in Borno state due to an impending attack from Boko Haram » , this brave soldier » has been honoured in the sweetest way. ALSO READ: Friend pens emotional tribute to soldier killed by Boko Haram » Celestine Nwabueze made a choice when he stayed back to assist the Muslim woman who was in labour at one of the worst times possible and for that, she named her son after him. Sharing photos of himself cradling the new born, Nwabueze wrote: "This were I respect women so much, this child was born at my back when those idiots wants to attack the villagers, despite the fear, the mother stood still and endure the pain and with the help of the old women at the village, she had a safe delivery. The woman wants to name the child after me, but due to am a Christian and she is not, I have to give her a name Abukar that's in Igbo, it's Ebuka. "Look at the mother at my back smiling at us, this one is Amina Ali. " ALSO READ: Another young soldier dies in service to nation" » Very few people would have stayed back to help as Nwabueze did, and his actions would always be remembered whenever the name of that child is mentioned.

Re: Igbo Soldier Gets Muslim Baby Named After Him For Assisting In Delivery by EfemenaXY: 3:40am On Sep 30, 2016
Awww... Bless.

One Nigeria smiley
Re: Igbo Soldier Gets Muslim Baby Named After Him For Assisting In Delivery by thorpido(m): 7:31am On Sep 30, 2016
Teenage mother angry

Well done soldierman.
Re: Igbo Soldier Gets Muslim Baby Named After Him For Assisting In Delivery by EfemenaXY: 7:54am On Sep 30, 2016
thorpido:
Teenage mother angry

Well done soldierman.

That CAN'T be the mother!

Or is it lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soldier Gets Muslim Baby Named After Him For Assisting In Delivery by bolseas(f): 7:59am On Sep 30, 2016
EfemenaXY:

That CAN'T be the mother!
Or is it lipsrsealed
Lol.... well she is the only smiling female standing behind him...
Re: Igbo Soldier Gets Muslim Baby Named After Him For Assisting In Delivery by southernbelle(f): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
So nice.
But that person smiling behind him is soooooo young.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Hated To See Mum Get Hurt. / What Would You Do If Your Elder Brother Slaps You Publicly @ Age Of 40. / She Left Home With My Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.