Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends (2686 Views)

My Atheist Friends, How True Is This? / Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by DoctorAlien(m): 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hello, Atheist Friends. Good day. In my search for truth, I found this riddle by Perry Marshall. Can you solve it?

1) DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism.

2) All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.

3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind. If you can provide an empirical example of a code or language that occurs naturally, you’ve toppled my proof. All you need is one.

Thank you. grin

Cc: Seun, donffd.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by yorhmienerd(m): 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
Seated. HardMirror, EyeHateGod et al coman see o
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by trapQ: 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2016
Let me guess, they have no known code that was formed without a mind, none, Nada.

1 Like

Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by Barney11: 3:11pm On Sep 30, 2016
itz just a nonsense question!
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by RobinHez(m): 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
Barney11:
Lemme help you.

By logic, DNA, which is a unit of life, was created by someone.... this fact holds true until you can prove otherwise.
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by 007Nasky(m): 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2016
here 2 read comment ...
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by dblackninja: 4:04pm On Sep 30, 2016
I wanted to give you a detailed answer but looking at the fact that you're a copycat and probably know nothing about science, I will just ask you this:

Is the designer you're talking about also the designer of gene mutations (permanent alteration in the DNA sequence that makes up a gene). How & why does it occur? Is he/it/she there to guide these changes in codes that forms a totally different dna segment?

If yes what can you say about this designer-- An experimental designer or a bad designer??

5 Likes

Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by johnydon22(m): 4:11pm On Sep 30, 2016
RobinHez:

Lemme help you.

By logic, DNA, which is a unit of life, was a product consistent gradual evolution/mutation over a long period of time.... this fact holds true until you can prove otherwise.

Now this is more like it.

N.B: I advice any atheist, agnostic to ignore this thread, there isn't much to grab here except childish trolling.

Anybody who now wants attention on NL just need to open a thread with "atheist/atheism" when we start ignoring such nonsense, those who desperately seek our attention to feel relevant will find a better hobby.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by DoctorAlien(m): 4:15pm On Sep 30, 2016
dblackninja:
I wanted to give you a detailed answer but looking at the fact that you're a copycat and probably know nothing about science, I will just ask you this:

Is the designer you're talking about also the designer of gene mutations (permanent alteration in the DNA sequence that makes up a gene). How & why does it occur? Is he/it/she there to guide these changes in codes that forms a totally different dna segment?

If yes what can you say about this designer-- An experimental designer or a bad designer??

Brother, please answer the riddle. Leave story grin
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by 4everGod1: 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
dblackninja:

I do not think you have a clue what DNA is and how it functions. The OP already stated clearly that DNA is a code and this has been declared as true by all scientists.

This code functions within certain parameters and its always restricted eithi those parameters be they gene mutation or sequencing. However this DNA has been coded to respond in a certain way and create a unique response to environment or certain difficulties it may ecounter but never in drastic way.

DNA behaves like a molecule with its own inbuilt brain as it does not need our human brain to work and its coding even as unseen as its brain is needs super computers to decipher.

The question the OP asked is for you to show him one naturally occuring code system that came to be without an intelligent involvement and instead of answering that you give a left wing comment such as u did. Do you know any? YES OR NO!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by dblackninja: 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Do you know what is gene mutation? Do you know what causes dna codes to re-write & change? Answer the questions in the 2nd paragraph & find out for yourself if dna emanated from that alleged designer.
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by DoctorAlien(m): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
dblackninja:

Do you know what is gene mutation? Do you know what causes dna codes to re-write & change? Answer the questions in the 2nd paragraph & find out for yourself if dna emanated from that alleged designer.

This thread will not be derailed. Please, answer the riddle or look the other side.

Thank you. grin

1 Like

Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by yorhmienerd(m): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
Time is going. Where is 'Oluwa' Seun na?

1 Like

Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by DoctorAlien(m): 4:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
Can you imagine? I put forth a riddle and someone is asking me if I know what "gene mutation" is? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by 4everGod1: 4:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
dblackninja:

young man some of us are more knowledgeable than you when it comes to genetics and DNA so drop the gene mutation angle.
Even if you want to tow that line is the DNA code erroneous? Show me one single flaw in the code and I will become an atheist right now. Perhaps I need to take you back to school here.
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by Jdazzle: 4:53pm On Sep 30, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Time is going. Where is 'Oluwa' Seun na?

grin grin grin - Oluwa(God) Seun(Thank)

Together... Thank God but he doesn't believe in God grin grin grin God is great...

angry angry
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by Jdazzle: 4:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:

grin grin grin I'm liking this thread.... intriguing grin grin grin
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by dblackninja: 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2016
4everGod1:
young man some of us are more knowledgeable than you when it comes to genetics and DNA so drop the gene mutation angle.

Oh very dood for you undecided
Even if you want to tow that line is the DNA code erroneous? Show me one single flaw in the code and I will become an atheist right now.

Dna is a dynamic and adaptable molecule. As such, the nucleotide sequences found within it are subject to change as the result of a phenomenon called mutation. Why do they change? Are the changes random?
What sort of designer designs something that can erratically change forming new set of cells & perhaps a totally different form of an organism?
Perhaps I need to take you back to school here.

Your next reply will determine whether I'll go further undecided

1 Like

Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by lezznjr: 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2016
Barney11:
Implicit admission of defeat.
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by lezznjr: 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2016
johnydon22:

Now this is more like it.

N.B: I advice any atheist, agnostic to ignore this thread, there isn't much to grab here except childish trolling.

Anybody who now wants attention on NL just need to open a thread with "atheist/atheism" when we start ignoring such nonsense, those who desperately seek our attention to feel relevant will find a better hobby.

Atheists are the one dying for relevance, continually struggling about an entity they say doesn't exist.

Bothers on trying to prove one's insanity.
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by 4everGod1: 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
dblackninja:

Oh very dood for you undecided

Dna is a dynamic and adaptable molecule. As such, the nucleotide sequences found within it are subject to change as the result of a phenomenon called mutation. Why do they change? Are the changes random?
What sort of designer designs something that can erratically change forming new set of cells & perhaps a totally different form of an organism?

Your next reply will determine whether I'll go further undecided

I asked u a single question which you ignored and then spewed this copy and paste. I asked u if the DNA code is erroneous. Well is it?

If you write a computer program can that program leave its set of written commands and begin doing something else?

If DNA molecules even though are not alive can mutate as you put it under what parameters? Those they decided on their own to do even though dead or those which it has been preprogrammed to carry out and this it does so excellently without gambling or trial and error.

So again I ask you please tell the house if DNA is erroneous.
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by DoctorAlien(m): 5:27pm On Sep 30, 2016
By the time you realise that these atheists love shifting the goalpost during arguments, you'll understand how to deal with them better.
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by yorhmienerd(m): 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
Jdazzle:

grin grin grin - Oluwa(God) Seun(Thank)

Together... Thank God but he doesn't believe in God grin grin grin God is great...

angry angry
That's is what I'm pointing out. That guy never stop to amaze me
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by dblackninja: 5:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
4everGod1:
I asked u a single question which you ignored and then spewed this copy and paste. I asked u if the DNA code is erroneous. Well is it?
What do you mean by erroneous? Borne/derived out of an error? Inaccurate? Flawed?

By what standard are we going to judge that? When the dna decides to re-write it's code to adapt though it might lead to detrimental result, is that an error?
If you write a computer program can that program leave its set of written commands and begin doing something else?

Now I don't even know how to help you. Have you heard of what we call bugs in programmes? Do you know that other things can alter programme algorithms? Do you know certain programs can alter it's structure to protect its core command, leaving the functions it was made to carry out?

If DNA molecules even though are not alive can mutate as you put it under what parameters? Those they decided on their own to do even though dead or those which it has been preprogrammed to carry out and this it does so excellently without gambling or trial and error.

So again I ask you please tell the house if DNA is erroneous.

Some people in nairaland always want to sound intelligent in what they don't understand or aren't sure of and won't assent to reason when it's showed to them undecided
Just like Johnny said, this thread is nothing but another attention seeking thread. Am out of here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by raphieMontella: 6:05pm On Sep 30, 2016
doctoralien... This perry marshall's stuff has been dealt with before... Dna like gravity are ''codes'' just on different scales...
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by DoctorAlien(m): 6:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
raphieMontella:
doctoralien...
This perry marshall's stuff has been dealt with before...
Dna like gravity are ''codes''
just on different scales...

So, according to you? Gravity is a code? (Chai!) Do you even know what a code is?

We are not talking about laws in this riddle. A code is a program(software) written, on which a process can run. More like an information/instruction. So, gravity is a program on which what runs?

This is very very embarrassing coming from you. Please educate yourself.
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by 4everGod1: 6:42pm On Sep 30, 2016
dblackninja:

What do you mean by erroneous? Borne/derived out of an error? Inaccurate? Flawed?

By what standard are we going to judge that? When the dna decides to re-write it's code to adapt though it might lead to detrimental result, is that an error?

Now I don't even know how to help you. Have you heard of what we call bugs in programmes? Do you know that other things can alter programme algorithms? Do you know certain programs can alter it's structure to protect its core command, leaving the functions it was made to carry out?

Some people in nairaland always want to sound intelligent in what they don't understand or aren't sure of and won't assent to reason when it's showed to them undecided
Just like Johnny said, this thread is nothing but another attention seeking thread. Am out of here.

You keep showing a lack of intlligence the more you respond.

DNA polymerases are highly accurate, with an intrinsic error rate of less than one mistake for every 100000000 nucleotides added so DNA accuracy is at 0.00000009 of every 100000000 nucleotides added. in a laymans language this translates to hitting the bullseye each and every time.

What you call mutation isnt mutation to the DNA its a response to an already preexisting code which gives it the above accuracy each and every time.

Please I advice that you stop responding if you have no answer to the OPs question rather than putting your ignorance on full display here.
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by 4everGod1: 6:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
raphieMontella:
doctoralien...
This perry marshall's stuff has been dealt with before...
Dna like gravity are ''codes''
just on different scales...

Young man chai! I have to shake my head at this your comment. chai and chai again.
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by dblackninja: 6:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
4everGod1:
You keep showing a lack of intlligence the more you respond.

DNA polymerases are highly accurate, with an intrinsic error rate of less than one mistake for every 100000000 nucleotides added so DNA accuracy is at 0.00000009 of every 100000000 nucleotides added. in a laymans language this translates to hitting the bullseye each and every time.

What you call mutation isnt mutation to the DNA its a response to an already preexisting code which gives it the above accuracy each and every time.

Please I advice that you stop responding if you have no answer to the OPs question rather than putting your ignorance on full display here.

You just have my pity.
Good luck!!
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by yorhmienerd(m): 6:59pm On Sep 30, 2016
Speechless! Athiest eh,
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by 4everGod1: 7:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
dblackninja:

You just have my pity.
Good luck!!

Keep your pity to yourself. When you are caught out you feign superman..... in other words you have absolutely nothing to say. Thank me for giving you knowledge you obviously lacked.

so can a 0.000000009 error rate out of every 100000000 nucleotides added be a product of chance or intelligence?

is it possible for chance to be this accurate?
Re: A Riddle For Our Atheist Friends by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
Op, DNA itself is replica of pre-existing life, Without you acknowledging life formation down the line of evolution then your premise is flawn and requires no proof because DNA itself is proof that evolution occurred and still occurring.

Basically, DNA is just periodical copy of existing life which has survived the test of time and environment amongst other specie otherwise known as natural selection.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Atheists Obsessed With A God They Dont Believe In? / Prayer Points No More Fruitless Effort. RCCG 2016 September Holy Ghost Service. / Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.