Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 (22677 Views)

This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) / New Prices Of Kerosene Across States In Nigeria 2017 / Ed-el-kabir 2016: See The Prices Of Rams Across Nigeria Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by flokii: 7:05pm On Sep 30, 2016
Omeny:

Oga?

I don't see ur point here.
Do u expect to sell a product in the villages and other rural areas same price they will be sold in urban areas and densely populated towns?

This does not need Maths now.

whatever..

they should just be careful so they wnt run into loss.. These are perishable goods which you can't preserve for too long

we hope for a better Nigeria soonest cool
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by Hiploko(m): 7:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
Dear God, your people are suffering. Forgive our sins. Kill who has to die for things to get better. Punish anyone who is responsible for this hardship brought upon your people. If anyone has to go for us to be free from the current pains,let the person go by death,accident,resignation,confession,volutary exit,coup,plane crash etc. Just any means will do. If it is a punishment from you to us for our sins, please forgive us. Every problem has a solution. We are in a deep shit been in a recession for the 2nd time in our history. Please come to our aid. We need urgent help. Please dear God!!!! cry
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
emerged01:
Damn! I just bought a Titus fish I used to buy 200 now 350 from the same woman. I couldn't turn back.
bro that woman cheat u,is 250
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by Hiploko(m): 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2016
dancok:
50 naira still high na
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
Buhari!...where is the change i voted?...
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by africanusvu(m): 7:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
Bolustic:
I guess we Nigerians are shortchanging ourselves, yes there is hike in food prices, but I feel we the masses often cheat one another for only reasons known to God.

I was surprised when my brother bought bag of rice for 13,700 naira last week for my nephew's christening ceremony whereas it is being sold at higher prices in the SS&SE around 20,000 naira (according to Nairalanders from those regions).

The government needs to set up a marketing board that will ensure consumers are not exploited.
u make sense brother,imagine a guy on this thread bought titus for 350 which is 250,am selling wholesale in my shop at 190 per one,so is 60 gain not enough on one titus?
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by munas: 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
Bolustic:
I guess we Nigerians are shortchanging ourselves, yes there is hike in food prices, but I feel we the masses often cheat one another for only reasons known to God.

I was surprised when my brother bought bag of rice for 13,700 naira last week for my nephew's christening ceremony whereas it is being sold at higher prices in the SS&SE around 20,000 naira (according to Nairalanders from those regions).

The government needs to set up a marketing board that will ensure consumers are not exploited.

Where did he get the rice from?
I bought 17k in lagos

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by munas: 7:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
flokii:
we Nigerians are our own problem..

why hike prices for no good reason cos. there is recession... reason d hausas are far better off in terms of honesty.
very fvcked up mentality

Which honesty your frozen fish is imported and dolla is high
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by emerged01(m): 7:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
dancok:
Bros no be cheating o! Na that woman dey sell cheapest fish for a area.
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
timeman:
I don't believe in this so called screaming hike in prices of consumables. Generally, Nigerians are greedy& oppourtunistic. We are the bane of ourselves. Useless people.
Kiss the truth.!
Bro it's like you personally don't go to the market. .fish formerly sold at 200 now goes for 350..and so on..the hike in price is not fairy tale
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by caprini1: 7:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
sukkot:
bros buhari did not stop you from buying keke napep and hitting the road to pick customers na

all these ipad youf who think buhari is babysitter smh lolzzzz
Let me share a secret with you.....some peeps keep chanting recession,but are actually making a kill financially,i, m in Lome Togo for the weekend,and a friend that sells in azigame market confided in me that this recession is the best thing that has happened to ndi Igbo living and trading in neighboring countries.....he said their savings just quadrupled when changed to naira,and they are all seizing this opportunity to invest.....he said a lot of folks are already putting up houses in the east,do the math 1000naira as at today is cfa 1250........so do the math.if I make 500,000 cfa from sales ,which used to be about 150 k naira some couple of months back,you can imagine what they are making now...... But they keep saying things are bad so those in naija don't join up in there trades
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by Talk2Bella(f): 7:39pm On Sep 30, 2016
TPAND:
Sometimes I feel the unnecessary false price hike and market inflation information here on nairaland actually affects prices of goods and services.

I noticed that with the dollar.

An aboki once checked the homepage of nairaland to tell me what the price of the dollar to naira is.

Post as these will spread like wildfire and shops all around Nigeria will commence inflation of packet of fish:

Guy calm down its true

Went to the market with my mum today and for us to buy fish was something else

One small Titus 700 naira
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by banio: 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
Bolustic:

You are right. A friend just came from Lagos and he bought bag of rice for #13,000. But in Port Harcourt rice sells for #20,000
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by lordyugo: 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
flokii:
we Nigerians are our own problem..

why hike prices for no good reason cos. there is recession... reason d hausas are far better off in terms of honesty.
very fvcked up mentality

lastime I checked dats abuja market wit majority of hausa traders
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by immazion: 7:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
yorubas have kill us by votin buhari

1 Like

Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by markson48(m): 7:52pm On Sep 30, 2016
And bubu said he would keep complaining about the past government.... I watch on 3D
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by yinkslinks(m): 7:53pm On Sep 30, 2016
but i still ate rice, meat, fish and dodo for N350 today.
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by back2sender: 7:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
IVORY2009:
When you go to the market, the average market woman selling tomatoes and pepper would be telling you the price of dollar have gone up, in otherwords the prices of tomatoes have also increase, to day the price of dollars @ black market is 479 to a dollar!
We cannot continue to dash our wealth (forex) to oyibo and importers.
We have fishes in our waters both the farmed ones and the wild ones, we should learn to eat what we produce this mentality of importing everything even toothpick will not help us.
How did we get here? Bad leadership!!!!
And body that wants to import should source for his dollars and not come here and disturb us.
How come rice now is Nigeria staple food? Our fathers and mothers did not see this as a staple back then but eating what they produce in thier farms. And the good thing is that they even lived longer life that what is obtainable today.
We must stop this craze for imported items and source for our local staple foods and form this items like it Use to be in those old days.
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by vengertime: 8:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
sukkot:
yeah fish is overrated anyway. suya is where its at
like seriously

1 Share

Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by timeman: 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2016
@uzobaby, I agree that prices of fish are high, i won't argue that with you cos you must be very much aware of market activities, however, my question is; how much is the landing costs of stocks of fish? (Either in apapa, ph, warri or any other point of import) How much do they sell at coldstores, & how much do they sell at urban centres/traditional market places. Tell me if those prices are not intentionally increased under the pretex of dollar rate.
Kiss the truth!
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by UjSizzle(f): 8:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
Copy-Paste supermod. Did you really forget how to spell 'soar'?
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by JoNach: 8:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
Bolustic:

abeg gve me ur brothers number, I need to call him asap to know where he bought his bag of rice, hope is not "abakaliki rice" ?
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
emerged01:

Bros no be cheating o! Na that woman dey sell cheapest fish for a area.
abi u mean real titus fish or canned one? i thought it canned one,oh my mistake
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by connkg(m): 8:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
neoapocalypse:
I only came here to correct the blunder on the front page , what the heck is "SOER" , una no fit edit am before posting on the front page. The correct word is SOAR and the mod who put this on front page should be shot.

Mod, work! Same reason I'm here.
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by Senorprinz(m): 8:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
flokii:

The statement is harmonious i.e still in agreement and not mutually exclusive
you get?
i think you need to stop now, it's getting complex.
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 30, 2016
timeman:
@uzobaby, I agree that prices of fish are high, i won't argue that with you cos you must be very much aware of market activities, however, my question is; how much is the landing costs of stocks of fish? (Either in apapa, ph, warri or any other point of import) How much do they sell at coldstores, & how much do they sell at urban centres/traditional market places. Tell me if those prices are not intentionally increased under the pretex of dollar rate.
Kiss the truth!
Aside landing costs and all they need pay at the ports, cost of transporting them to their various destinations is also put into consideration as a result of hike in fuel price. .the high price of commodities nationwide is almost same with meagr difference..go to the streets and know that inflation is not an exaggeration. ..
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
[quote author=agwom You never no anything you will know when we get to middle of next month to early of november when you start thinking school feel balance, children end of the year party, christmas, new year festival and children going back to school january, then you will know the thought of those things alone can push price up plus inflation which is on the ground already, plus devaluation of naira kiling economy plus chief recession. abeg anyone who know like as he dey make n come collect transport money make he dey go burundi, or buma, abeg
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by ttomexy(f): 9:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
Nobody is talking about beans, a mudu of brown beans is 550in Abuja, wahala wa ooo
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by Carter4luv(m): 9:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
buhari buhari were are we going? remove dose u will remove frm ur government.
Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by PurestBoy(m): 9:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
TPAND:
Sometimes I feel the unnecessary false price hike and market inflation information here on nairaland actually affects prices of goods and services.

I noticed that with the dollar.

An aboki once checked the homepage of nairaland to tell me what the price of the dollar to naira is.

Post as these will spread like wildfire and shops all around Nigeria will commence inflation of packet of fish:

Oga calm down, I deal in frozen fish as wholesaler and the price of MK Box 30kg (Alaran) which was formerly 16k like 3 months ago is now 25K owing to the rise in dollar cos our suppliers like Stallion Seafood in Lagos complain of lack of forex.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 by InvertedHammer: 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
/
There is always something good out of a bad situation.

In this era, farmers will become overnight millionaires.

The fellows sitting in air-conditioned offices will soon find out that their salaries cannot sustain a family for a month.

What a role reversal!

What Nigeria is going through now is normal. After prolonged period of irrational exuberance, recession usually steps in to rebalance the economy. In 2008, the best of the best economists in US couldn't see it coming. It hit hard and people lost their houses while some committed suicide. In 2008, Nigeria had enough savings adjusted for inflation to cushion the effects. Currently, Venezuela like Nigeria blew their savings and is not faring any better. Saudi Arabia cut the benefits of their officials last week and are heavily divesting from oil. But Nigeria continues to pay jumbo salaries to her recalcitrant officials. Go figure!

\

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription / Why Prices Are Still On The Rise Despite Appreciation Of The Naira / FG Inaugurates Gold Refinery, Boosts Small-scale Mining

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.