Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,084 members, 7,825,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Naira Falls To N490 As Nigeria Blames Neighbors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Falls To N490 As Nigeria Blames Neighbors (926 Views)

Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / People That Destroyed Nigeria. $1 = N490. / South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Falls To N490 As Nigeria Blames Neighbors by Mfondear(m): 5:07pm On Sep 30, 2016
Aminu Gwadabe, president of the Association of bureau de change operators of Nigeria (ABCON), says the free fall of the naira is a result of activities of Nigeria's immediate neighbors. On the week, the naira has been on a totally free fall at the parallel market, moving from 439 per dollar on Monday to 490 to the greenback on Friday morning. The British pound and euro are also currently trading at N600 and N520 respectively. Based on Gwadabe, foreigners are mounting pressure on the naira by bringing inside their dollar demand to Nigeria, hence, mopping up the dollars in the system. “For the past few days, what we have been witnessing available in the market is a kind of spike, lots of volatility as a swap rate, and it's regarding fear,” Gwadabe told CNBC Africa. “A lot of individuals are developing fear, and consequently of the, no naira will be kept. Folks are moving from naira to dollar. “An extremely worrisome factor that individuals have now been witnessing in the market is that the marketplace has recently been bombarded by folks from neighbouring countries to meet their demands. “What I mean by neighbouring countries is that a lot of demand is originating from Benin Republic, from Chad. International demand can be accumulating; we see a lot of Chinese traders entering the economy, mopping up any available dollar.” Gwadabe said ABCON and Travelex are now right into a partnership, which would remove soon, thereby easing the pressure on the local currency. The bureau de change boss expressed support for the proposed sale of some national assets to beef up foreign reserves and support the naira.
http://234news.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Naira-falls-to-dollar.jpg

Re: Naira Falls To N490 As Nigeria Blames Neighbors by abokibuhari: 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2016
Our president target is to equal $1 to #1,000 before 2018, but we are heading there.... Sai baba sai buhari

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Falls To N490 As Nigeria Blames Neighbors by slytubadth(m): 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
forgive me for saying this. it is finished!

3 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To N490 As Nigeria Blames Neighbors by moyakz(m): 5:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
ama enjoying this buharinomics mhen.i think buhari wants to test the law of diminishing marginal forex rate,whereby dollar-naira rises to max of #1500,then begin to fall till #1.
what a shame of a president and economic team,built on lies and 'pseudo-ism'

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N490 As Nigeria Blames Neighbors by semasir: 5:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
We are only in God's hands and He alone can restore the good old days
Re: Naira Falls To N490 As Nigeria Blames Neighbors by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
Useless government

3 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To N490 As Nigeria Blames Neighbors by alegbeleye(m): 6:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
I'm just speechless. Its all going to end well. I still believe in you Baba Buhari.
Re: Naira Falls To N490 As Nigeria Blames Neighbors by RareDiamonds: 6:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
My God !!! The M0rons we have in government will crumble Nigeria with their senseless actions and incompetence

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Attends Passing Out Parade Of The 63rd Regular Course At NDA / World Mobile Group Opposes Plans To Impose 9% Tax On Nigerian Phone Consumers / DSS Raid: NJC Maintains Position On Arrested Judges, Says ‘Recant’ Story False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.