Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Guide Our Leaders Right - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guide Our Leaders Right (444 Views)

If Our Leaders Can Emulate This! (photos) / When You Leave That Position - A Warning To Our Leaders / Labaran Maku Visits Wike: "Wike Represents New Generation Of Nigerian Leaders" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guide Our Leaders Right by victoristic(m): 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
Guide our Leaders right
Can we first begin with having a deeper look into our present situation? What are those factors that brought us to this present state ;a state of comatose and confusion at its peak? Of policies that tend not to bring the desired outcome? The masses whom you gave your words, for their humble votes, now live in abject poverty with the eyes of their exalted hope getting deemed by the passing of each day. The larger population of our youth don't see issues in the right context. Is it not pitiable that a meager amount of money can buy them over and they do the unimaginable? Our older generation voices are in silence mode because of the crowding out effect that louder voices had on their cries, words choked up amidst thorns. I weep.
Can we consider where we have gone wrong? Even when we are considered one of the most prayerful nations of the world,can we also say we have not prayed enough? I sincerely doubt that. Why is it that our humanity as continually been eroded in the ocean of materialism and egoism? Why is it that the abundance of resources God has endowed us with has ironically haunted us the arms of greed? A glutton scenario . Why is it that our morals has been deformed all because we want to polish our ego? Why is it that the promises our leaders give before getting to the place of power are so easily forgotten? Why!
Can we say that, we as the populace are so gullible,blindfolded or just that we are being sincerely wrong? Their words do not really change,they have not changed either, we always fall prey of the same pits of unending promises that soon transform into a mirage ,a dying hope.Our tender hearts, over time has been been thrusted with hot iron rods continually that we seem used to the unending pains ,oceans of tears running through our veins hidden into the cosmetic of smile. Alas! It seems the story has changed now, many work so tirelessly with no hope getting the reward for their labour in due time. They keep hoping that the next vibration on the phone will not be a lucky advert from service provider instead of bank alert.
It is of an undoubted note that Nigerians are not lazy,as a matter of fact, our wiring and configuration does not support that. I do not know what actually changed....I think our perception to reality changed.
We all run on highest speed to our various places of work 365 days a year,except public holidays,even public holidays really are not holidays,you still find Nigerians working tirelessly on these days. Many kids do not even know the faces of their fathers ,all because of busy schedules, many wives are forlorn, their husbands show up once in a blue moon ,all because they have to bring food to the table. Please, do not tell me Nigerians are lazy. Mr Chairman,please just wind down your tinted glassed vehicles and have a gaze into the streets ,markets,see the early morning rush( Lagosians will understand better,when 'leggidibenz' owners are also held up in traffic), look deep into their eyes and tell me you see laziness. You will wonder why the morbidity rate is alarming. I wish we can have a more accurate statistic for daily deaths.
Oh God! O God, of creation direct our noble cause ,guide our leaders right,help our youth the truth to know...I still wonder even know why this second stanza of the anthem is debased to an unsung stanza. On a personal view, I am of the opinion that it should come first for crying out loud. Conclusively, being right is to leaders and followers as well, but it is paramount to lead right ,with right examples,right values,right words in speeches that show the heart of our leaders ,not the idea of speech written or plagarize as the case may be, right projects,right passion for the masses,right policies,right motives,right judgements,right paliatives,right orientations,right laws, right reforms, right social programmes,right investments. Everything right! It all has to be right, so we do not become Guinea pigs for some laboratory experiments .
We need to maximize the resources we have as endownments, our leaders must be pragmatic ,we no longer want to see you at parties,clubs,flying all over the continents with hundreds of deligates,without timely results. Leaders need to create values and position well, with that they will come looking for you and not you looking for them. We are tired of ground breaking ceremonies ,where all is abandoned after the ceremony for the cameras and news scavengers with polished headlines,we no longer want to see you seek medical attention outside the shores of this country ,when we have medical personnels of international reputes,especially when we battle with brain drains,why won't they also go out ,waiting for you to patronise them on international grounds,because they know their values are not duely appreciated back home. We no longer want to see you with imported this and that when our own productions are religated to the unprivileged ones. We no longer want to see converferment of national awards on persons of no impact on our nation but on their bellies,rather on persons of great reputation in humanitarian services,we no longer want to see leaders who are specialized at showing us animated pictures in 3D ,whereas in reality it is just a packaging of deceit .We no longer want hold onto days of hunger and poverty. They tell us to fast and pray when we are fasting already,whereas their tables are competition grounds for variaties . Please ,check out the number of beggars on our street, the numbers are increasing daily.
We want to experinece concerted efforts towards observable development in all sectors. Invest in our schools, education is an important tool for a sucess desired nation. Pay the public servant duly and let all benefit from every administrative dispensation. We want to see you create employment,give grants and loans to entrepreneurs,with effective monitoring. We want to see you profer solutions to our security challenges not just to score political points.Lead us by being in the fore front and we follow whole heartedly. Sincerity in all.
I stand to say that Nigerians are good people ,faithful in all their dealings, passionate ,hardworking,dedicated,peaceful,God fearing, loving and highly hospitable. Our circumstances have only changed our perpectives over a long period of time for when the wicked flourish,they gather loyalist,just like magnet attracts iron,or ants to sugar.It is time we stood to righteously gain back the glory of our dear nation. It begins with our leaders, with me and you. Simple Mathematics. And Nigeria will rise again!
I believe in one Nigeria
Unity is agreement in differences
Oneness is agreement in Unity
There is great strength in unified diversity
God bless Nigeria,God bless our Leaders and guide them rightly
I love my country; Nigeria is my country.
Happy independence Nigeria!
(C)2016 Ayoola Ayobami Victor (fellow)
Re: Guide Our Leaders Right by victoristic(m): 5:16am On Oct 01, 2016
wish this can just make front page
Re: Guide Our Leaders Right by PedroJP(m): 8:55am On Oct 01, 2016
victoristic:
wish this can just make front page

Mods, (especially that Mynd44) don't read articles, especially long ones. They rather read short useless msgs looking for ways to press the ban key.

Unity is agreement in differences. What is Nigeria waiting for to establish this unity or they are waiting for when it will be too late to be achieved ?

Let us all come together, discuss, make some compromise and stand unified now there is time for it.

(1) (Reply)

Independence Day: Nigeria First -NANS President / President Buhari's Lies -by Reno Omokri / ENDTIME POLITICAL HEROES: Their Legacies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.