Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,445 members, 7,954,756 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:34 AM

Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others (830 Views)

#nigeria@56: Amazing Post Independence Pictures From 1960 (photos) / Google Celebrates Nigeria @ 56 / At 56, Nigeria Is A Joke. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by Taeewo(m): 3:59am On Oct 01, 2016
Olufemi Atoyebi, Femi Makinde and Leke Baiyewu

The Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, has called for sober reflection as Nigeria marks its 56th Independence anniversary.

He said there is the need to return to the path of true federalism as envisioned by the country’s founding fathers in order to move it forward.

Ekweremadu — who said these in his message to Nigerians on the occasion of the Independence anniversary, stressed the need for justice, peace and unity, urging the Federal Government to mobilise “all capable hands” to salvage the country’s ailing economy.

He said, “This 56th Independence anniversary calls for sober reflection. No people can make progress unless they retrace their steps back to where the rain started beating them. Nigeria, at formation, had a building plan, which was based on true federalism as covenanted by our founding fathers at various conferences leading up to Independence.

“For as long as we followed that plan, we prospered. But, once we discarded the building plan, dissembled the inherited structures and legacies and began to undermine the fabrics of equity, justice, balance, healthy competition and economic prosperity that was ingrained therein, we charted our route to the current perdition.”
Ekweremadu, however, assured Nigerians that the country would bounce back if immediate steps were taken to unite the country, getting the best hands on deck, irrespective of who they are.

The leader of Afenifere, a socio-cultural group, Chief Reuben Fasoranti, expressed disappointment at the pace of development in the country despite its abundant human and natural resources.

Fasoranti, who spoke in Osogbo on the sidelines of the 91st birthday ceremony of Senator Ayo Fasanmi, said the country was not on track even as it marks its 56th Independence anniversary, while he decried the lack of creativity by the country’s leaders, who he said had always depended on oil money to run the country.

He said, “We are disappointed. We are not on track at all. For instance, the sale of national assets should not happen at all because that is going to be a sad loss. The best thing for our leaders is to think well and look inward on how to maximise what we have.

“Our leaders only like easy option instead of exerting themselves. They should think well. What they are planning to do is a very easy option. The executives need to think again.”

A former President of the Nigeria Bar Association, Wole Olanipekun, described the current system of government in Nigeria as “hydra-headed unitarism,” which negates all known principles of federalism as practised in other countries of the world.

Olanipekun said this at the opening of an ultra-modern Vice Chancellor’s lodge which he donated to Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo, Oyo State.

He said, “Nigeria must be governed properly and I am saying that today, Nigeria is not being governed properly. Leadership is rudderless at the federal, state and local government levels.

“What we have in Nigeria today are powerful individuals, not powerful institutions. And the powerful individuals, if care is not taken, will become lions and when lions roar, they will devour. I hope those individuals who are richer than Nigeria don’t devour us. A time will come when Nigeria will start borrowing from them to survive.”

http://punchng.com/nigeria-56-nigeria-not-track-say-ekweremadu-fasoranti-others/

Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by signature2012(m): 4:08am On Oct 01, 2016
Happy Independence Nigeria.

Nigeria will be great again.

Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by deathmen12: 4:29am On Oct 01, 2016
some fools will come here to shout pdp and apc... yes the country is not on the right track, yes we have powerful individual instead of powerful policy, this powerful individual have subdule the masses...the masses have become so weak so so weak. God help us.
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by Taeewo(m): 4:29am On Oct 01, 2016
Which way Naija?
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by Taeewo(m): 4:30am On Oct 01, 2016
signature2012:
Happy Independence Nigeria.

Nigeria will be great again.
Amen,my Dad also said this in 1973...
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by signature2012(m): 4:37am On Oct 01, 2016
[quote author=Taeewo post=49815965]Amen,my Dad also said this in 1973...
Hope your son won't say this in 2059. cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by BankeSmalls(f): 4:41am On Oct 01, 2016
A country built on lies can never be on the right track. Return to the past and slash this country into 4. This will be the only solution. Give us Oodua country grin
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by yeyeboi(m): 4:58am On Oct 01, 2016
Nor be small thing o embarassed shocked

If my papa be 56 and e nor fit arrange him family I go personally disown am angry

Nigerians Wake Up sad
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by Taeewo(m): 4:59am On Oct 01, 2016
yeyeboi:
Nor be small thing o embarassed shocked

If my papa be 56 and e nor fit arrange him family I go personally disown am angry

Nigerians Wake Up sad

You be yeyeboi.. .
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by Boleyndynasty2(f): 5:43am On Oct 01, 2016
Aside from Corruption What exactly is really working perfectly in this country?
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by otukpo(f): 5:45am On Oct 01, 2016
Nigeria should start working towards being independent and free.
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by agwom(m): 5:53am On Oct 01, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by Larryfest(m): 5:54am On Oct 01, 2016
Nigeria not on track at 56 and this shameless fools can open there mouth to say it when it's their job to put it on track.... Nigeria wun't be ever great until we have good leaders not good looters.
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by blackpanda: 6:02am On Oct 01, 2016
BankeSmalls:
A country built on lies can never be on the right track. Return to the past and slash this country into 4. This will be the only solution. Give us Oodua country grin

God forbid! Tufiakwa
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by PedroJP(m): 6:20am On Oct 01, 2016
blackpanda:

God forbid! Tufiakwa

hahahahahaha, see them. U are rejecting oodua independence bah ? Well, no problem. U can continue ur one Nigeria with almajiris when Biafra must have gone away for a better living.
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by engrflames: 6:33am On Oct 01, 2016
May God free Nigerians from the hand of Pharaoh (Buhari)
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by blackpanda: 6:33am On Oct 01, 2016
PedroJP:

hahahahahaha, see them. U are rejecting oodua independence bah ? Well, no problem. U can continue ur one Nigeria with almajiris when Biafra must have gone away for a better living.

There is no biafra. Its a scam initially designed by france to battle nigeria for oil. Go and watch aljazeera secret of the 7 sisters.

Biafra is both unrealistic and untenable. So u aint going nowhere. The earlier you change ur orientation the better for u
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by PedroJP(m): 7:47am On Oct 01, 2016
blackpanda:

There is no biafra. Its a scam initially designed by france to battle nigeria for oil. Go and watch aljazeera secret of the 7 sisters.

Biafra is both unrealistic and untenable. So u aint going nowhere. The earlier you change ur orientation the better for u

You talk as if Nigeria has been an entity from time immemorial. Fact is, Nigeria has no stronghold other than selfish intterest of those who established it. Tell me, do you think Nigeria will continue if any world power comes out publicly to support NigerDelta break away or Biafra break away ? If there international forces come now to show interest that they want to break Nigeria, are Nigerian people going to stand them off or are there people who will help them achieve that ? Do u know that Nigeria can easily go the way of syria if whites present interest in Nigeria are dropped.

Biafra can only be dead once injustice is dead in Nigeria, otherwise, any major backing from any international force will see Nigeria burn like syria of Biafra is not granted peacefully.

If Nigeria is sane, all will be treated in such manner that nothing can move its citizens to accept break away, rather will be patriotic enough to reject enemies.

Tell urself the truth, Nigeria will never remain the same if any opposing international military power comes out now to back Biafra. Reason i said Nigeria has no stronghold as it will crumble immediately. It is already crumbling.

If i were one Nigeria activist, i would go the way of preaching and appeasing than the way of denying reality. Keep saying Biafra is dead while u discuss it.
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by TPAND(f): 7:51am On Oct 01, 2016
The retrogression the country experienced in the last 16months is historic. Bad policies and decisions has fueled this country into the brink of a failed state.
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by blackpanda: 7:58am On Oct 01, 2016
PedroJP:

You talk as if Nigeria has been an entity from time immemorial. Fact is, Nigeria has no stronghold other than selfish intterest of those who established it. Tell me, do you think Nigeria will continue if any world power comes out publicly to support NigerDelta break away or Biafra break away ? If there international forces come now to show interest that they want to break Nigeria, are Nigerian people going to stand them off or are there people who will help them achieve that ? Do u know that Nigeria can easily go the way of syria if whites present interest in Nigeria are dropped.

Biafra can only be dead once injustice is dead in Nigeria, otherwise, any major backing from any international force will see Nigeria burn like syria of Biafra is not granted peacefully.

If Nigeria is sane, all will be treated in such manner that nothing can move its citizens to accept break away, rather will be patriotic enough to reject enemies.

Tell urself the truth, Nigeria will never remain the same if any opposing international military power comes out now to back Biafra. Reason i said Nigeria has no stronghold as it will crumble immediately. It is already crumbling.

If i were one Nigeria activist, i would go the way of preaching and appeasing than the way of denying reality. Keep saying Biafra is dead while u discuss it.

Once again u talk out of ignorance. You have no clue what biafra is about. Just following the band wagon to talk. Biafra was supported by world powers, chief among which was France and Spain. Yet, Nigeria remains intact. Stop and quit the hate already!
Re: Nigeria @56: Nigeria Not On Track, Say Ekweremadu, Fasoranti, Others by PedroJP(m): 8:36am On Oct 01, 2016
blackpanda:

Once again u talk out of ignorance. You have no clue what biafra is about. Just following the band wagon to talk. Biafra was supported by world powers, chief among which was France and Spain. Yet, Nigeria remains intact. Stop and quit the hate already!

Continue in ur delusion. Many Biafrans across the globe, North, East, South and West are strategising on how to achieve Biafra, i wonder what you are doing not to see Biafra emerge other than to trust ur aboki military to have one Nigeria. Once again, continue in ur delusion.

Nothing like Biafra, but u are discussing it and it is giving ur leaders nightmares and troubles at the mere mention of the name.

Done with you.

(1) (Reply)

As APC Sets Fire On The Roof, By Dele Momodu / FG Cancels Plan To Build 10,000 Phcs / Photo: Aisha Buhari Gets "Wailership" Card.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.