Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) (101799 Views)

All You Need To Know About Using Maggots In Healing Wounds (PHOTOS) / Nigerian Lady Vomits Maggots From Her Stomach, Thanks God For Healing (Graphic) / Doctor With Fake UNILAG Certificate Arrested In Ogun (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by ollins(m): 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2016
Nigerians with their height of ignorance on health issues never cease to amaze me.
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Decryptor(m): 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
“This is what my beauty has done to me o,” said the woman shortly before being taken away by her family members.

See how this woman is deceiving herself. undecided

The picture of the woman i just saw in that car looks so worworshious to me and she says she is beautiful.
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
livinbygrace:

God bless You for this comment.Dont mind the oversabi,ITK people on this forum.Most of them have no real life experience,They just go to school but know wisdom.Things are happening in this world beyond human imagination(Metaphysical).Who know no,go know.
Thank you sir, God bless you too
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by egorov(m): 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
P
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by RaeMystix: 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
henrydadon:
Myiasis is a parasitic infestation caused by the larvae of several species. The infestations reduce host physiological functions; destroy host tissues, and causes significant economical losses. It is very rare disease in USA and Europe, seen rarely in tropical and subtropical countries in persons with poor personal hygiene. Diagnosis and treatment are simple. The location of this infestation at genital region is, however, an extremely rare occurrence. The authors present here one case of genital myiasis affecting a village woman with genital prolapse and advanced vaginal malignancy.

I knew it was as a result of an infection.
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2016
Justmary06:
Many nigerians are talented onlookers. Nothing more. Anyways, this is a rare case of genital myiasis in a woman with genital prolapse. Myiasis is a parasitic infestation caused by the larvae (Maggot is an example of a larva) of several species. Infestations reduce host (carrier of the parasite) physiological functions; destroy host tissues, and causes significant economical losses. It is very rare disease in USA and Europe, seen rarely in tropical and subtropical countries in persons with poor personal hygiene. Diagnosis and treatment are simple. The location of this infestation at genital region is, however, an extremely rare occurrence. And I am not a medical student.

I believe we need to start using our brains more and stop refering all things you deem unexplainable as being Spiritual.

The tuition fees paid for ur studies were not wasted! We need more intelligent minds lik this!

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Adeoba10(m): 2:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
gbosaa:

Go get that charm, lace and fortify yourself with it. I will scatter your parts with a blunt knife.

I don't believe the above story.
Bro.. . I dont need to argue with you, u are entitled to your opinion....
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by LorDBolton(m): 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
henrydadon:
Myiasis is a parasitic infestation caused by the larvae of several species. The infestations reduce host physiological functions; destroy host tissues, and causes significant economical losses. It is very rare disease in USA and Europe, seen rarely in tropical and subtropical countries in persons with poor personal hygiene. Diagnosis and treatment are simple. The location of this infestation at genital region is, however, an extremely rare occurrence. The authors present here one case of genital myiasis affecting a village woman with genital prolapse and advanced vaginal malignancy.

You've summed it up very well. Kudos.

I'm wondering which hospital actually sent her away?

It also affects males too not just women

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Ibidi: 2:18pm On Oct 01, 2016
frenchwine:

I think it would be more helpful if you first look up the meaning of pathophysiology as against etiology. Thanks.

Half-educated nigerians and big words are like..
(somebody lend me that photo)

Why not humbly receive an education and let us do same instead trying to confuse the illiterate with "big" words. Express yourself simply. That's the mark of a truly educated person.

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Mekanus(m): 2:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
gbosaa:

Being unable to find solution to a particular ailment or being witness to another that baffles you doesn't validate the existence of anything.

Don't depend on the limited knowledge you read from your medical textbooks. Research and find solutions.

Years ago gout, yellow fever, hepatitis etc were all seen and treated as infections from the gods or some sort of karma.

I have seen a medical doctor that believes that HIV could be given to somebody through 'occultic' means.
Thank you for this your reply. Our mentality towards certain things in this part of the world is really bad. We see everything that is beyond our understanding as spiritual.

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Cutehector(m): 2:23pm On Oct 01, 2016
She should just kill herself... Dats d only thing..
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by reducto: 2:23pm On Oct 01, 2016
presh91:
Wats d meaning of "afonja" have been seeing it 4 sometime now

The brown roofians aka brownies or better still the cone heads aka conies know the answer bestgrin
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by deebrain(m): 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
Let us blame the men.
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by kechywillz(m): 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2016
kogistar:
choiii yoruba lady again?
Enough of these tribal sentiments n bigotry,am not Yoruba but what has Yoruba lady got to do with this? Instead of u to sympathize with her u are blaming a tribe,it could happen to anyone

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Ibidi: 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
frenchwine:

Madam, with all due respect, don't just copy and paste what you see on Wikipedia or google.
Genital myasis does exist, however it's as prevalent as smallpox infection or dracunculiasis infestation in Nigeria.
I believe you read where she had sought medical intervention without improvement.
I am a doctor and I can tell you that spiritual forces are as real as daylight and I have come across them in my practise , not once, not twice .

Sir, common sense would tell u that 99% of whats called juju in nigeria is not or nigeria would be the richest country in the world and win all sports events. Also Banks, atms, visas, etc would not be possible

READ:

However, I did quickly learn that it is possible for maggots to infest a vagina — a condition that’s called myiasis of the vagina, which itself is not an STD. Of course, there were only a handful of articles about this condition, leading me to deduce that it is very rare indeed.

The first article, which had an English abstract but Spanish text, was published in a Chilean medical journal in 2009, and described the case of a young woman who found maggots in her urine. Due to the patient’s “record of use of intravaginal vegetables as sexual stimulator,” the authors speculate that she introduced larvae into her body by repurposing a vegetable as a Love Machine. As far as I can tell, this is the only reported case of possible produce-induced intravaginal maggot infestation, but all the same, it might be a good idea to wash fruits and vegetables before using them as intimacy gadgets.

The second article was written by authors affiliated with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences and published in 2011. It describes the case of a woman with a large genital wart that was found to be infested with maggots, 20 of which were subsequently removed with forceps. Perhaps this is the source of the recent rumor about the “STD that causes maggots.”

The third article was published in 2002. This report comes from Brazil and details the cases of two teenage girls. The first patient had trichomoniasis, and more than 100 maggots were removed from a genital lesion. The second patient had genital warts as well as lesions that were found to be infested with around 65 maggots. The authors note that the patients had poor hygiene and speculate that flies were attracted to the odor and laid eggs in the genital area, where there were open sores.

Over the decades, there have been a few other scattered cases of vaginal maggot infestations published in the medical literature — occurring in patients with no reported STDs. It’s safe to say that this condition is very rare, and can occur in people with or without STDs. It’s also worth mentioning that there are many species of maggots, not all of which are capable of infesting human tissue.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, myiasis is more common in tropical climates, and people with open wounds are at increased risk. Some STDs can cause open sores, which themselves can make a person more vulnerable to subsequent infections.

ARE U NOW SATISFIED?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by gqboyy(m): 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2016
She needs medical intervention

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by johnnychuks(m): 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
OGUN you people are real OGUN!
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Proffdada: 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
[size=18pt]This is a simple case of blowfly larvae infection, she must've spread her undies where the flies laid their eggs undecided[/size]

Nb: I once had one under my armpit and it was very painful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by charlsecy(m): 2:38pm On Oct 01, 2016
martineinstein:
doctors in d house,help us out
TPAND:
Is this maggot coming out of the female genital area biological or African science.
Check what Myasis means..

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by newguy1(m): 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
omoyowa:
afonjas with their abstract and unimaginable news.....
point of correction afonja is of the people of ilorin n is legacy is of little to no existence over. Thier u probably need to read more on d yoruba. U can always use the people of oduduwa
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Precioussilas10: 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
Tell dem o.u always think u are in heaven until u realise u are in hell...jumping from one man to another
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by dumie(f): 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hazards of living a promiscuous life

2 Likes

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by miky(m): 2:43pm On Oct 01, 2016
folem:
Myiasis.

NSFW Warning!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5UKWVlPbRKYy

Obviously it's explained by science! But trust my black people to think it's because of fake spirits, voddo or infidelity..

No wonder we are dead last in anything, then again remember that not so long our grandfathers killed twins thinking they were spirits as well SMH

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by omoyowa: 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2016
newguy1:
point of correction afonja is of the people of ilorin n is legacy is of little to no existence over. Thier u probably need to read more on d yoruba. U can always use the people of oduduwa

sorry oh....but we prefer to use afonjas

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by emynike2001(m): 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2016
BLEACHING CREAM DON FINISH FOR MARKET? GO AND SUFFER FOR YOUR SINS, HELL ON EARTH, more maggots awaits u in hell, UNLESS u are lucky to ESCAPE this through PRAYERS.
IT IS A STERN WARNING to those ladies that are GOOD in jumping around, as CHRISTMAS draws closer, EXPECT TO SEE MORE OF THIS mess making headlines on our National newspapers becos GUYS dey vex nobody wan carry last grin grin
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by 4nobody4every1: 2:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
sukkot:
dayummmmm grin
sad sad

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Orikinla(m): 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2016
[size=20pt]I really feel sorry for women.
Only Almighty God JEHOVAH knows how many Nigerian girls and women have such horrors in their vaginas. And many cursed men are sucking them without knowing the medical history of the girls and women and later they also use these mouths to kiss others. FIE![/size].

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by nduchucks: 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2016
Adeoba10:

I have seen where they put charm on pap (eko elewe) placed it on a wood, den using new cutlass with heavy force in striking dis pap, mehn nothing do dis pap.

Oga, I can assure you that the people who deceived you into believing that a cutlass did not cut the pap are living in abject poverty. I say this because if they possess such powers, they'll be multi millionaires in dollar terms.

Nansense in 2016. Make dem use the charm to return naira to its value of 1990 na.

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by OmoAussie: 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2016
The fly probably laid eggs on her pant/s and developed in her private part!

frenchwine:

SMH, everyone knows it's myasis, can you kindly explain the pathophysiology of how her myasis came about?

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by BankeSmalls(f): 3:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
Lies. The maggots or idonbelivit.

NCAN, Oshogbo branch says "why always yoruba on rituals"
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by agesron(f): 3:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hmmm nkan nbe, OLORUN jor o.
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Orikinla(m): 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
Many dirty girls and women have these horrifying vaginal infections.
In 2004, a female friend told me she found maggots in the dirty undies of her cousin.
That just put me off since then.
I did not date either of them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"50 Guests Died After Attending A Yahoo Boy's Party In Alagbole Akute, Lagos" / The Best Drug For Malaria? / Throwback Photo Of 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic That Killed Over 50Million Globally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.